No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nuke, better everything except sanity (arguable)

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pressure Points ftw

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Bruce could theoretically could utilize superior martial arts but Nuke is a physical behemoth, he chumped Ultimate Cap (which is a serious feat). Unless Bruce utilizes his New-52 gear; he could win

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By laflux

@frozen said:

Bruce could theoretically could utilize superior martial arts but Nuke is a physical behemoth, he chumped Ultimate Cap (which is a serious feat). Unless Bruce utilizes his New-52 gear; he could win

That was Ultimate Nuke. This is regular Nuke. Still Superhuman, but his stats are lower IMHO (apart from his durability).

I'd say Batman wins though.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Veshark

I think it all comes down to how quickly Batman realizes that Nuke is physically-enhanced. Bruce isn't taking this without the aid of gadgets or ingenuity. Putting aside that recent victory of Bane, realistically, Bruce can't win here through sheer physicals alone. I am inclined to lean towards Batman, however. At the end of the day, Nuke (especially in his current incarnation) is simply a brute with average smarts, and Batman's faced plenty of those already. Out-thinking Nuke with a good strategy is how Batman will take this, though like I said, a big part of it counts on how fast Bats realizes Nuke isn't your ordinary soldier.

@reaverlation said:

Pressure Points ftw

Daredevil tried that once and it didn't work out so well:

No Caption Provided

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as he doesn't run in like in idiotic like he did in his first encounter with Deathstroke, I can see him pulling the win.

Fastnoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@veshark: The Batman vs Bane issue really bothered me, especially if the New 52 Venom is supposed to be so believably powerful that Bruce made Superman bleed while using it. Then Bruce fist-fights Bane and win, someone who he's always needed gadgetry to overcome? I don't see it personally. Still a fun issue but...well, yeah. Anyway...

@veshark: Hmmm...

Belt of plot ftw

Haha belt of plot.

Anyway it can go either way. If Bruce gets tricky-dicky early on, he can pull a win. If he tries to engage Nuke as if he's just some guy with guns, it's not going to go so well for him. Either one can win this.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Hmmm...

Belt of plot ftw

This, he'll probably whip out some nifty-ass gadget to save his skin.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Emperorb777

Batman

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Funsiized

I bet on Anti Nuke Spray being in that belt of his...

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batman

Knows over what 50 different moves?

Faced off against powered up heroes and villains?

He takes this ill say Mid Diff

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By laflux
@granitesoldier said:

@veshark: The Batman vs Bane issue really bothered me, especially if the New 52 Venom is supposed to be so believably powerful that Bruce made Superman bleed while using it.

Ignore it. It was simply bad writing. If Bane's venom is enough to amp to you levels where you can bleed Superman, when Batman got punched by Venom Clayface (who already has enhanced strength at base), he should have been splattered into goop.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:
@granitesoldier said:

@veshark: The Batman vs Bane issue really bothered me, especially if the New 52 Venom is supposed to be so believably powerful that Bruce made Superman bleed while using it.

Ignore it. It was simply bad writing. If Bane's venom is enough to amp to you level where you can bleed Superman, when Batman got punched by Venom Clayface (who already has enhanced strength at base), he should have been splattered into goop.

It was, and a serious lowball of Bane's ability. But he was at least shown as a martial equal to Bruce. But still, a statue? I lost all hope for the issue there. Either Bane's loss to Batman was PIS, or Batman bleeding Superman was PIS, or both were on opposite ends of the spectrum (probably this one).

Bane's just been stuck near the edge of Jobber-ville for so long, I was hoping for a good showing.

But you're right, guess I got to ignore it.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: That was a more powerful Venom I believe when that happened

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OkRaider88

I think Batman could win, but it will require Batman using the environment and his own equipment tactically. Oh wait, the OP gave Batman standard gear. This will not hurt Nuke at. all. His skin is made of sort of plastic that just "looks" like regular skin, and he has an enhanced cybernetic skeleton that grants him super strength (not rated). His on panel feats put him anywhere between 2-10 ton class, which means that Batman can't tank punches and kicks from this type of guy in his standard gear. Batman's superior H2H must be used to take away his senses, blind Nuke, make Nuke deaf, sleeping gas (since Nuke does have to breathe). I think Nuke takes the random encounter 7/10. In comics, Batman would escape, research, prep, and then come back winning - but this is a random encounter with no equipment specifically tailored for Nuke.

fightobessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman's only chance would be sleeping gas, or having a bunch of exploding batrangs of SERIOUS potency in is utility belt. Other-wise Nuke just walks through everything he's got, grabs him by the arm, and tears him in half.

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman takes it after a decent fight.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@dogsoldier88: batman has electric batarangs right? to electrocute people? and nuke, wow, love this guy, but feel like batman can take the win, he always fights and wins against beings stronger than him and wins. to batman, the strength and durability type are easy pickings

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: The Batman vs Bane issue really bothered me, especially if the New 52 Venom is supposed to be so believably powerful that Bruce made Superman bleed while using it. Then Bruce fist-fights Bane and win, someone who he's always needed gadgetry to overcome? I don't see it personally. Still a fun issue but...well, yeah. Anyway...

Bane is a bit weird in the new 52. In his first fight with batman he stomped Bruce really badly. New 52 Bane is now tricky to use in battle forums IMO.

@frozen said:

Thats ultimate Nuke. This is 616 nuke:

VS Daredevil. Loses but pressure points don't seem to work and he doesn't feel daredevils attacks
Nuke is bulletproof and he also dodges an RPG after it is fired. Also a showing of his guns.
VS Cap and Falcon.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: I have been saying that about ALL the Batman vs DS fights that were legit!!

But I honestly see Nuke possibly having a slim majority. Especially on his red pills. New 52 Bruce would have the gear to absorb some hits, but eventually he would go down if he did not unload with high end gear. If this were morals off, Batman blows him up with a fist full of grenade pellets detonated from ZERO range,

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with you there. I get that Tomasi wanted to cap off the entire Arkham War plot-thread by having Batman make a dramatic return, and topple Bane's regime. I understand it from a thematic/storytelling standpoint. And the fight was fun for what it is. But Batman beating Bane in H2H is either jobbing on Bane's part or PIS on Batman's part.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@granitesoldier said:

I'm with you there. I get that Tomasi wanted to cap off the entire Arkham War plot-thread by having Batman make a dramatic return, and topple Bane's regime. I understand it from a thematic/storytelling standpoint. And the fight was fun for what it is. But Batman beating Bane in H2H is either jobbing on Bane's part or PIS on Batman's part.

Concurred good fellow, concurred.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Wyldsong

Batman can win this if he fights smart, but as others have said, if he treats Nuke like just another thug with some guns, it could go badly for him. I'd say Bats for 6/10.

PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as he doesn't run in like in idiotic like he did in his first encounter with Deathstroke, I can see him pulling the win.

You mean the time he put Deathstroke in such lethal pain that some regular martial artist chump who would be fodder to Scarecrow without fear gas beat the shit out of him?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pantypolice: He literally got got one shot IIRC. He just jumped on him and Slade sat him down, twice. Batman may have hurt him but imo it was kinda dumb for Bats to just...pounce. Looked sloppy to me.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pantypolice: He literally got got one shot IIRC. He just jumped on him and Slade sat him down, twice. Batman may have hurt him but imo it was kinda dumb for Bats to just...pounce. Looked sloppy to me.

Which fight are you talking about? The one written by chuck dixon or the one in Slades solo series?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DarthAznable

@jashro44: Deathstroke #7. It wasn't as bad as I remember but still. I believe him vs Nuke will end up like this. Especially since you showed he's resistant to pressure points. I'd say Batman hits harder than DD though.

PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PantyPolice

No Caption Provided

which follows

No Caption Provided

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pantypolice: That guy obviously had some kind of skill. He took advantage of Slade's wounds. He used the environment to his advantage as well. I much prefer pre 52 Stroke to be honest...

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#38 frozen  Moderator

@jashro44: Thanks for the clarification, Bruce could edge the win due to equipment and tactical prowess.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier@jashro44 I've always been of the inclination that the new Venom he used in The Dark Knight also amped his strength and not just his intelligence.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: No problem.

@dondave said:

@granitesoldier@jashro44 I've always been of the inclination that the new Venom he used in The Dark Knight also amped his strength and not just his intelligence.

All versions of Bane's venom make him stronger all though this version made him stronger than usual. The amping of Banes intelligence was new.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 Considering the way he stomped Batman then and they way he was beaten by Batman recently, it's not that implausible to believe that his new Venom also made him stronger.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@jashro44 Considering the way he stomped Batman then and they way he was beaten by Batman recently, it's not that implausible to believe that his new Venom also made him stronger.

Like stronger than his regular doses of venom?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: I suppose thats possible. I would have to read through Banes appearances in the new 52 to make a call.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#45  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@dondave: Do you have scans of Bruce and Bane's recent fight?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pantypolice: That guy obviously had some kind of skill. He took advantage of Slade's wounds. He used the environment to his advantage as well. I much prefer pre 52 Stroke to be honest...

He's still a martial artist that Batman would literally walk through however. He has skill by human standards, but by DC standards, he's pretty fodder in the martial arts world. A child robin would beat 10 of him.