Bruce

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not sure why this was bumped. Nite Owl still stomps, he has comparable gear and far superior physicals.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08445aa58fc
deactivated-5a08445aa58fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Not sure why this was bumped. Nite Owl still stomps, he has comparable gear and far superior physicals" LOL Batman has mastered every known martial arts form on the planet, this thread should be locked.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08445aa58fc
deactivated-5a08445aa58fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yea its Nolan north Batman..... well I would still say Batman owns, since he knows martial arts and is in better shape.

raecinio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In any other case I'd say Batman easily. But it's hard to make a case for Nolan Batman's fighting ability because the fight scenes were crap.

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By Batmanx2005

It it can go neither way even though it would be a bit of a tough fight for Nolan batman.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just for the record, with the right momentum and technique. MOST people trained in hand to hand combat could hyper extend an opponent's elbow, by yanking back on the wrist or upper forearm and striking forward hard at the elbow with roughly the same amount of force. This is feat of training and technique, not strength (though, of course, strength could do it to, but that's not what I saw in Watchmen)

Both times I saw Night Owl and Silk Specter fight, what was highlighted was HIGHLY accurate, well timed, and brutal combat techniques. Still a little flashier than would probably be as effective as they were depicted, but hard core stuff. I DIDN'T see any super human speed, reflexes, or strength. I saw highly trained, speed, reflexes, and strength.

Besides everything mentioned above. Which Nolan Batman are we talking about. 1st, 2nd, or 3rd movie? I'd say Batman Begins, Bruce, would be about on equal footing with Nite Owl(Due to Night Owl's age and Bruce's inexperience. Dark Knight, Bruce would win, though it would be a Hell of a fight, and Dark Knight Rises, they're back on equal footing (due to Bruce's having not fought in eight years, and his body breaking down vs. Nite Owl not having fought in years, and his being out of shape).

So. Young Bruce vs Nite Owl...toss up

Mature Bruce vs Nite Owl..hard fought win

Older, beaten to poop Bruce, vs Older, out of shape Nite Owl...toss up

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking Owl. It's been awhile since I've seen Watchmen, but wasn't both Owl and Silk sending people flying with their punches and kicks? Borderline enhanced? Idk..without the advantage of stealth, I don't see Bats winning this.

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Beta_Stage

@heroup2112 said:

Just for the record, with the right momentum and technique. MOST people trained in hand to hand combat could hyper extend an opponent's elbow, by yanking back on the wrist or upper forearm and striking forward hard at the elbow with roughly the same amount of force. This is feat of training and technique, not strength (though, of course, strength could do it to, but that's not what I saw in Watchmen)

Both times I saw Night Owl and Silk Specter fight, what was highlighted was HIGHLY accurate, well timed, and brutal combat techniques. Still a little flashier than would probably be as effective as they were depicted, but hard core stuff. I DIDN'T see any super human speed, reflexes, or strength. I saw highly trained, speed, reflexes, and strength.

Besides everything mentioned above. Which Nolan Batman are we talking about. 1st, 2nd, or 3rd movie? I'd say Batman Begins, Bruce, would be about on equal footing with Nite Owl(Due to Night Owl's age and Bruce's inexperience. Dark Knight, Bruce would win, though it would be a Hell of a fight, and Dark Knight Rises, they're back on equal footing (due to Bruce's having not fought in eight years, and his body breaking down vs. Nite Owl not having fought in years, and his being out of shape).

So. Young Bruce vs Nite Owl...toss up

Mature Bruce vs Nite Owl..hard fought win

Older, beaten to poop Bruce, vs Older, out of shape Nite Owl...toss up

I agree with this assessment. Also (to add to this) I think Bruce just edges him out in the durability department.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with this assessment. Also (to add to this) I think Bruce just edges him out in the durability department.

Nite Owl's durability was pretty good. At one point Ozy slammed his head into a cement/stone block and broke it, and afterwards NO was perfectly fine. He also took all the hits and kicks from Ozy, who was shown to be superhuman in strength.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By HeroUp2112

@beta_stage said:

Nite Owl's durability was pretty good. At one point Ozy slammed his head into a cement/stone block and broke it, and afterwards NO was perfectly fine. He also took all the hits and kicks from Ozy, who was shown to be superhuman in strength.

I've always been very unclear about Ozymandias' feats and where/how he got them. In the Watchmen universe, supposedly, the only true super human is supposed to be Dr. Manhattan. My understanding is that Oz, is the only true PEAK human (like Captain America level, that he somehow reached on his own). This is just a question for anyone who can answer it, sorry, it doesn't have any real bearing on this debate.

I've always been of the opinion that Nite Owl's costume is armored (what kind of idiot would wear that get up, have all the tech inside it, and not armor it? I have ZERO doubt that NO can take a HELL of a lot of punishment, but no more so than Batman can. Or, at least, they're in the same ball park....or even on the same pitcher's mound.

No, I say this goes down to who can deliver the most damage the quickest. I say hand to hand, without armor, that's The Dark Knight Batman. With all gadgets, it's DEFINITELY Dark Knight Batman. It's mainly because I'll take a grounded, no nonsense fighter, of equal skill, over a flashy, wasted movement fighter, of equal skill (let's assume they both have equal skill, there's not really a way to disprove it one way or the other), ANY day of the week.

Avatar image for black_of_shadow
Black_Of_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nite Owl in a good fight.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:
@beta_stage said:

I've always been very unclear about Ozymandias' feats and where/how he got them. In the Watchmen universe, supposedly, the only true super human is supposed to be Dr. Manhattan. My understanding is that Oz, is the only true PEAK human (like Captain America level, that he somehow reached on his own). This is just a question for anyone who can answer it, sorry, it doesn't have any real bearing on this debate.

I've always been of the opinion that Nite Owl's costume is armored (what kind of idiot would wear that get up, have all the tech inside it, and not armor it? I have ZERO doubt that NO can take a HELL of a lot of punishment, but no more so than Batman can. Or, at least, they're in the same ball park....or even on the same pitcher's mound.

No, I say this goes down to who can deliver the most damage the quickest. I say hand to hand, without armor, that's The Dark Knight Batman. With all gadgets, it's DEFINITELY Dark Knight Batman. It's mainly because I'll take a grounded, no nonsense fighter, of equal skill, over a flashy, wasted movement fighter, of equal skill (let's assume they both have equal skill, there's not really a way to disprove it one way or the other), ANY day of the week.

Ozy is meant to be a peak human in the Watchmen universe, but when people say he's "superhuman" they mean in relation to real-life humans. This is the only way we can accurately compare characters from different universes, because being "peak human" in one is not the same as in another.

Yes, Nite Owl's costume looks like it's armored in the movie. Could also be armored in the comics, but it doesnt look like it.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO and with mid-high difficulty

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nite Owl low-mid diff. Better striking power and durability.

Amu0003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat Bale will lose he doesn't know martial arts.

Batfleck will win.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amu0003 said:

Bat Bale will lose he doesn't know martial arts.

Batfleck will win.

What about Batfleck vs both these guys at once?

NickoSaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nite owl. In watchmen their durability and strength feats were insane. Rorshach was flung 2 dozen feet by ozy (supposedly a human) and his head slammed straight on a pillar. Perfectly fine afterwards. Nite owl and spectre were breaking bones with their punches. ozymandias jumped like 8 feet in the air.

Noxifer626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie Batman is shit. Can't even beat the Joker in a fisticuffs. Nite Owl wins easily.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baleman loses badly, Batfleck wins handily .

Avatar image for armstrongnigt321
armstrongnigt321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman can possibly win

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not even close

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abelhsu said:

Baleman loses badly, Batfleck wins handily .

Yeppers. This is it. ^^

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton:

For movie versions, Nite Owl stomps. Faster, stronger and much better at fighting.

Whulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night Owl. (Stomps)

An that is taking away standard equipment from him (his lazer) while giving bruce all of his.

If this setting was 100% equal across the board with giving each character their respective in movie gear, Night Owl would literally kill batman. And it would take less then 1 minute to do so.

SapphDragon95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 190

Batman. Nite Owl is out of shape. And lost to Ozymandias.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@sapphdragon95: Losing to a guy who knows how you fight and can literally ragdoll people with kicks isn't exactly a low point

nearly losing to fodder, on the other hand

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sapphdragon95: Batman would also lose to Ozymandias. He'd actually get stomped worse in direct combat.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By arqe

No idea why this is bumped but Nite Owl wins this easiy.

Bruce's helmet has been crushed by Bane punching it.

Nite Owl armor didn't even get scratches from Ozy, which will break Bane in half and Batman at same time.