• 82 results
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

Batman (Nolan movies) vs Nite Owl II (Watchmen)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No prep, standard equipment (no laser for Nite Owl, sorry). In character, but fighting seriously and to win. They have very basic knowledge of each other.

Battle takes place in an open space, starting 5m apart. Who wins?

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ChaosBlazer

Batman.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TERMINATORXX

BATMAN

bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bgibs13390

Night Owl is stronger and faster. Batman has better gadgets. However, Batman won't be able to hide in the dark at all because of Night Owl's goggles.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By willpayton

@bgibs13390 said:

Night Owl is stronger and faster. Batman has better gadgets. However, Batman won't be able to hide in the dark at all because of Night Owl's goggles.

I agree with this. If they started at distance or with Bruce being able to use his stealth/ninja skills, it'd be a different matter. But, in a straight up fight...

I'm leaning towards Nite Owl because of his physical superiority and speed. I'm curious to see the arguments for how Batman wins.

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rdskns4eva

@WillPayton said:

@bgibs13390 said:

I agree with this. If they started at distance or with Bruce being able to use his stealth/ninja skills, it'd be a different matter. But, in a straight up fight...

I'm leaning towards Nite Owl because of his physical superiority and speed. I'm curious to see the arguments for how Batman wins.

Thats becasue people think that Nolans batman is the same as comic batman..Nolan Batman = Rorschach with better training and gadgets.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Nite Owl.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Floopay

@rdskns4eva said:

@WillPayton said:

@bgibs13390 said:

Thats becasue people think that Nolans batman is the same as comic batman..Nolan Batman = Rorschach with better training and gadgets.

Batman. Nite Owl is superior in physical stats realistically. And they are probably about equal in training, though Nite Owl is a bit more lethal, which gives him the edge in my book. However, Batman still has that suit of armor, and that's going to be rough for Nite Owl to get past. Over and above this he has more than a few gadgets to give Nite Owl some trouble.

Without the armor though, I'd give this to Nite Owl.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By willpayton

@Floopay said:

@rdskns4eva said:

@WillPayton said:

@bgibs13390 said:

Batman. Nite Owl is superior in physical stats realistically. And they are probably about equal in training, though Nite Owl is a bit more lethal, which gives him the edge in my book. However, Batman still has that suit of armor, and that's going to be rough for Nite Owl to get past. Over and above this he has more than a few gadgets to give Nite Owl some trouble.

Without the armor though, I'd give this to Nite Owl.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Nite Owl's costume is also armored, or at least it appears that way. It seems to me that they're tied in that respect. I mean, even if we assumed that Batman's costume is bullet-proof and Nite Owl isnt, it wont protect him from the blunt-force trauma of being punched by someone of NO's strength and speed.

I wouldnt say they're equal in training. I think Batman is superior, although the speed of Nite Owl offsets that in my view.

Batman has good gadgets, but the starting distance means the fight is more about h2h than gadgets. Also, Batman showed in TDKR that against a single opponent, he doesnt rely that much on gadgets. He tried the (whatever they were) grenades against Bane, but when they failed he went for the brawl. I think all in all Nite Owl's gadgets mostly counter Batman's, and they'll brawl it out... giving NO the win due to speed/strength over Batman's training.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Floopay

@WillPayton:

Those were just meant to serve as a distraction, which I think would work on Nite Owl. He also has those wrist spikes that he can launch out, smoke grenades to distract his opponent.

Again this isn't going to be a stomp in my opinion. I just personally think that Batman has the gadgets in his standard equipment to give him the win. Plus I still think his armor was pretty powerful. He took shots from a crowbar or whatever it was the Joker was beating him with and it didn't phase him, I mean Bane was the only one who really gave him a beating, and to be honest I think Bane would also be a good match for Nite Owl.

I think this is a good fight, but again, I think Batman just has more to play off of with his standard equipment, even in a hand to hand fight, he still has enough equipment to give him an environmental advantage. By that I mean he can grappling gun away, he can use smoke pellets and bombs and then vanish, and a few other advantages. Dunno, it is a close match up though, I'll admit that.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By willpayton

@Floopay said:

@WillPayton:

Plus I still think his armor was pretty powerful. He took shots from a crowbar or whatever it was the Joker was beating him with and it didn't phase him, I mean Bane was the only one who really gave him a beating, and to be honest I think Bane would also be a good match for Nite Owl.

You shouldnt underestimate Nite Owl's suit... he took some brutal hits from Ozy, any of which would have laid out a normal person, including getting picked up into the air and getting slammed down head first into a concrete slab. I dont see Batman hitting as hard as Ozy, and Nite Owl took those shots and kept coming.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By willpayton

@Floopay said:

Take a look at the hits Nite Owl takes from Ozy, including getting head slammed and kicked, and tell me that Batman could take those hits. Ozy kicks like a horse. If anything, I'd give the armor advantage to NO.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Floopay

@WillPayton said:

@Floopay said:

@WillPayton:

Plus I still think his armor was pretty powerful. He took shots from a crowbar or whatever it was the Joker was beating him with and it didn't phase him, I mean Bane was the only one who really gave him a beating, and to be honest I think Bane would also be a good match for Nite Owl.

You shouldnt underestimate Nite Owl's suit... he took some brutal hits from Ozy, any of which would have laid out a normal person, including getting picked up into the air and getting slammed down head first into a concrete slab. I dont see Batman hitting as hard as Ozy, and Nite Owl took those shots and kept coming.

That is valid. The big thing that concerns me is Batman's use of his environment. The guy is very adept at disappearing or using tricks to gain an upper hand. In the movies he was often seen disappearing and coming back on top of an opponent, or stringing them up or whatever. That's another thing that gives Batman a boost over Nite Owl. The guy is fast, strong, and snapped a dudes armor effortlessly, and took on wave after wave of prisoners effortlessly. However, he never used his environment to his advantage from what I saw.

Now I think Ozy would hand Batman's butt to him on a silver platter, there's no doubt on that. I don't think anyone in the Batman verse really stands a chance against Ozy (except maybe Scarecrow because of that hallucinogenic).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By willpayton

@Floopay said:

That is valid. The big thing that concerns me is Batman's use of his environment. The guy is very adept at disappearing or using tricks to gain an upper hand. In the movies he was often seen disappearing and coming back on top of an opponent, or stringing them up or whatever. That's another thing that gives Batman a boost over Nite Owl. The guy is fast, strong, and snapped a dudes armor effortlessly, and took on wave after wave of prisoners effortlessly. However, he never used his environment to his advantage from what I saw.

Now I think Ozy would hand Batman's butt to him on a silver platter, there's no doubt on that. I don't think anyone in the Batman verse really stands a chance against Ozy (except maybe Scarecrow because of that hallucinogenic).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I would agree if the fight allowed Batman to use the environment to disappear, but in this fight it's an open space and they start at close range. I dont deny that even so, Batman could use smoke or some other trick to gain an advantage. However, given Nite Owl's own gear, including the fancy night vision in the visor, etc, I think it cancels out and we end up with a h2h fight.

No doubt Ozy would wreck Bane, Batman, Catwoman, or anyone else in the Nolan-verse. Just watching him jump straight up from a stand still shows how strong he is. And, his speed speaks for itself.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Floopay

@WillPayton said:

@Floopay said:

Take a look at the hits Nite Owl takes from Ozy, including getting head slammed and kicked, and tell me that Batman could take those hits. Ozy kicks like a horse. If anything, I'd give the armor advantage to NO.

Oh he takes the hits. But he is clearly grabbing his ribs and taking more than a little bit of time to get back up again. The guy has some remarkable durability, but he is clearly getting pretty beat up by those hits. He's definitely riding Batman, but Batman has been shot, he tackled Two Face out that window, and took a pretty good fall. He took a pretty big beating from Bane in their second fight and kept coming. He also falls off a motorcycle that is going pretty fast and gets right back up and keeps going.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

FatesGambler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FatesGambler

What feats in the movie did Nite Owl have?

catofellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By catofellow

Sorry, but with the extra weight, Batman wins.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By willpayton

@FatesGambler said:

What feats in the movie did Nite Owl have?

Easily defeating multiple thugs, on multiple occasions. Breaking a mans knee backwards with a single punch. Surviving multiple hits from Ozy. He just generally showed enhanced speed and strength over normal humans, and all while out of shape. He also showed good fighting skills, reaction time, and durability, and has some nice equipment including his armor and night vision goggles.

It doesnt sound that impressive, but keep in mind Ozy is IMO at least 5x as strong as a normal human and at least 10x as fast.

FatesGambler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FatesGambler

Thanks, I haven't seen the movie in a while, but from what you described Batman has the same feats (true he hasn't been seen breaking bones but that could also be because Snyder loves to saw off those types of visuals in each of his movies) as Nite Owl. But if I had to give it to one of them I would have to give it to Batman because even after not fighting for 8 years he was still landing blows on Bane (though it could be argued that Bane allowed him) who is higher tier than anyone Nite Owl (besides Ozy) fought in the movie

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By willpayton

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cattlebattle

I actually think Nite Owl was more impressive, I would give it to him.

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Moon_Bat_87

I am curious, in what way do you guys think Night Owl is Stronger or Faster?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cattlebattle
@Moon_Bat_87 said:

He broke a guys elbow with a punch, and was able to throw some punches that connected at Ozymandius...who was the fastest man alive
Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shawnbaby

@cattlebattle said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

He broke a guys elbow with a punch, and was able to throw some punches that connected at Ozymandius...who was the fastest man alive

He only landed those punches because at that point Ozy wasn't fighting anymore.

Night Owl still takes this though. He can dish out more punishment then Bruce can take and easily tank anything Bruce throws at him. Once again, Nolan's Batman is far too realistic for his own good.

Just_J79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Just_J79

NO takes this one. In the movie, Bats is depicted as a normal human with exceptional skill, training and endurance. NO feats are preternatural, so I would say he's above Bats. I would even have to say he would have fared better against Bane too.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By willpayton

@cattlebattle said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

Not just that one guys elbow, but also another guys knee. He punched it and broke it so that it bent backwards and the bone stuck out... and that's when he wasnt even pissed or trying that hard. Nite Owl and Silk Spectre thought that fight was basically just a nice workout...LOL.

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Moon_Bat_87

@cattlebattle said:

But who is to say that Batman from the movie/s is not capable of doing the same thing? (It would be a different argument if we we discussing the comic book versions.)

If we look at Batman Begins, before Bruce Wayne is trained by the League of Shadows, he already has the ability to break bones and fight six guys at the same time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1j6q4RrYv8

Shawnbaby, you are right, good points, it does seem that Nolan's Batman is too realistic. However with that in mind, look at the amount of damage that Nolan's Batman took from Bane. And the potential damage Batman dished out against Bane. Yes he (Batman) was brought down by this fight, but he still survived and endured for several minutes. Then Batman went on to fight him a second time and win. I doubt that Night Owl could dish out the sort of damage that Bane does, nor absorb the same punishment that Bane did.

When we look at this scenario, I would say it would be go to Batman. Batman may not be as strong or even as fast as Night Owl, but I would argue he is vastly more skilled in martial arts and has offensive gadgets which Night Owl does not.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bo88gdan

Nite Owl easy 

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Moon_Bat_87

@Bo88gdan said:

Nite Owl easy

How? In what way does Night Owl easily defeat Batman?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By slimj87d

Nite Owl.

I would never change Nolan's Batman being close to a realistic comic book character as that is why I love the series. But this is the reason why Batman losses. He seems more human than Nite Owl who sounds more comic book like.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bo88gdan
@Moon_Bat_87
nite owl is stronger,faster,better fighter and smarter than batman . 
Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Moon_Bat_87

@Bo88gdan said:

@Moon_Bat_87: nite owl is stronger,faster,better fighter and smarter than batman .

But you have no hard evidence of any of those claims. Especially from movie versions.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By willpayton

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@cattlebattle said:

But who is to say that Batman from the movie/s is not capable of doing the same thing? (It would be a different argument if we we discussing the comic book versions.)

Who's to say that Batman from the movie cant shoot lasers out of his eyes? Well, I guess since he never did that then he cant. Batman in the Nolan movies is a normal human. He's in great shape and highly trained, but has normal human strength. Nite Owl showed higher-than-normal strength.

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Moon_Bat_87

Well its obvious that he cannot shoot lasers out of his eyes because he does not have any super powers nor technology to develop laser weapons that can fit into a contact lens form. But he is shown to be capable of breaking arms and legs, see video I posted for an example.

Night Owl has higher than normal strength, I will coincide that point for the sake of argument. But so does Bane. In fact I would say Bane is stronger. Bane crushed a Stone Column with one of his punches (Also note that Batman did the same with a kick from his mechanically braced leg) . And as I said above, Batman showed the ability to withstand a brawl with Bane. Yes he lost, but he hung in their until the last few moments.

Batman is shown to be capable of taking down many opponents, including League of Shadows trained opponents. He is also shown to be capable of breaking arms and legs.

Batman also has more offensive gadgets, better armour, and has more diverse martial arts skills.

Night Owl only has Batman in terms of strength. One could say they both have the same durability for sake of argument. Batman has the edge with skill, gadgets, and armour. There is nothing to suggest that Night Owl is smarter than Batman.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By willpayton

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

Well its obvious that he cannot shoot lasers out of his eyes because he does not have any super powers nor technology to develop laser weapons that can fit into a contact lens form. But he is shown to be capable of breaking arms and legs, see video I posted for an example.

Night Owl has higher than normal strength, I will coincide that point for the sake of argument. But so does Bane. In fact I would say Bane is stronger. Bane crushed a Stone Column with one of his punches (Also note that Batman did the same with a kick from his mechanically braced leg) . And as I said above, Batman showed the ability to withstand a brawl with Bane. Yes he lost, but he hung in their until the last few moments.

Batman is shown to be capable of taking down many opponents, including League of Shadows trained opponents. He is also shown to be capable of breaking arms and legs.

Batman also has more offensive gadgets, better armour, and has more diverse martial arts skills.

Night Owl only has Batman in terms of strength. One could say they both have the same durability for sake of argument. Batman has the edge with skill, gadgets, and armour. There is nothing to suggest that Night Owl is smarter than Batman.

You dont know Wayne doesnt have the tech to develop lasers that can fit into contact lenses. You're only saying he doesnt have it because it wasnt shown in the movie, which is EXACTLY my point. You cant pick and chose what to believe based on zero evidence.

Nite Owl has strength and speed over Batman, and arguably durability. NO took hits from Ozy and was left holding his side. Batman took hits from Bane and was beaten to a pulp.

NO is smarter than movie Bruce, no question. Movie Bruce isnt the genius from the comics, he didnt develop any of the tech he used, but NO did.

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Moon_Bat_87

Batman took many hits from Bane in a prolonged fight, and took most of them until the end. Ozy was not trying to really fight. (And again Bane is stronger than NO)

NO has no speed feats that show he is faster than Batman. Again, Ozy was not really trying to fight. (And in reality I would still say that NO has no strength feats to prove he is stronger, I merely coincided the point).

In what way is NO smarter? What movie feats does he have? Do we know he build everything himself? Or did he get that stuff from the last NO?

Batman's movie feat in terms of intelligence? Fixing the Auto-Pilot feature on the Bat.

And again, NO does not have the martial arts skill to defeat Batman. Skill always* trumps strength.

(*Except in cases where the durability and strength are overwhelming, Richard Dragon vs Hulk)

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By PurpleCandy

Batman's armor is titanium, and his tech is slightly superior to Night Owl. But for some reason I think Night Owl is cooler xD, plus he seems faster

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#38  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Maybe Batman

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol look at batman's pecks... probably batman. he has the stealth factor and some bat goodies to help him

Avatar image for dakotacalliesmills
dakotacalliesmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guy guys guys.exuse me for my opinion but obviouly batman.I'm not a DIEHARD fan of batman but I do know this much batman deoseint confront his enimies without knowing some info about them .and plus if he can sock the heck out of super man in injustace I'm pretty sure he can keep up if not defeat niteowl.just kidding obout injustace part I know only movies.but still I don't think niteoul was apart of the lauge of shadows

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#42 JediXMan  Moderator

Why was this needlessly bumped?

JosefAdama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In any other scenario I would say Nite owl cause he would kick his ass and then help him up but the batman from Nolan's series ayi that is a different story. Guy is winning fights when he shouldn't be walking, travelling across countries with no passports or money, swimming more than 5 km in less than ten seconds, defeating his mentor in a fight when he barely finished his training he is unbeatable so I have to go with Nolan

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Niteowl.

Sighburr_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Niteowl was based on Blue Beetle, just saying.

Batman stomps.

rek_nar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman undoubtedly for shure

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Daniel punches Bruce's head clean off his body

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By mickey-mouse

Night Owl still stomps, possibly with 5 or less moves.

lukas12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night Owl 8/10

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08445aa58fc
deactivated-5a08445aa58fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers