This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by xxxddd (3569 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52 Batman has one week prep.

Namor is fully hydrated.

#2 Posted by Raw_Material (3208 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor curbstomps.

#3 Posted by spiderbuck (2436 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by dondave (33599 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor

#5 Edited by BigCimmerian (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins.

#6 Edited by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, especially when granted prep. If Captain America can down Namor twice without preparation (and a Namor clone once), I'm pretty sure Bats can when granted time to study his prey.

#7 Posted by New_World_Order (12403 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman via prep. Otherwise he stands no chance.

#8 Edited by Juiceboks (7526 posts) - - Show Bio

Even with prep he's still not downing Namor. He one shots Bruce in defense of his ego.

#9 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5402 posts) - - Show Bio

namor has no real weakness to exploit and realistically namor oneshots batman

#10 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man once used a sewage waste pump to pollute Namor and knock him out....

Namor was once one-shotted by a single shield throw from Cap.

#11 Edited by God_Spawn (37193 posts) - - Show Bio

He has a weakness to pollution and can be dehydrated. Things which people have done mid battle. To say he has no weakness to exploit is untrue.

Moderator Online
#12 Edited by God_Spawn (37193 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Iron Man once used a sewage waste pump to pollute Namor and knock him out....

Namor was once one-shotted by a single shield throw from Cap.

Cap shouldn't be able to KO Namor in a single hit. I know he's had some previous fights with Namor, but there were context around them for the most part. Namor would kill Cap if he very well pleased and has had more than enough showings to suggest Cap couldn't hurt him if he tried unless severely dehydrated.

Moderator Online
#13 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5402 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: never knew about the weakness to pollution and i thought when the op said namor was fully hydrated they meant for the entire fight.

#14 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5402 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: i doubt they will be near a sewage waste pump.

either namor was extremely dehydrated during that fight or thats just bad writing. namor has been more consistently shown to be able to fight with hulk, herc and thing and have a good showing during those fights.

#15 Posted by Erick_Williams (754 posts) - - Show Bio

Too much prep for Bats
not fair for namor

#16 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn It was a surprise throw of the shield, so I believe it was either a lucky hit or it struck a pressure point of some sort. Whatever the case, I didn't mean that was how Batman would take Namor down - I was merely pointing out that the assumption that Namor has no weaknesses is ridiculous, as past Namor showings have depicted.

@norrinboltagonprime21 You forget that Batman is given prep. Prep entails having prior intel on your opponent, so it's not that much of a stretch that Batman can figure out some way to use Namor's weaknesses to his benefit - it doesn't necessarily have to have a 'sewage pump' involved.

And Namor wasn't dehydrated, and neither was that bad writing - it was just that his usual arrogance gave Stark a small enough window to outthink him. The key word there is outthink - not outfight, unlike the battles you've mentioned.

#17 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11468 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't known why anyone is backing Namor....I guess you all missed the 7 days of prep that batman has...guess it all just flew over the head...anyway, Batman has a variety of gadgets, suits, vehicles and no restrictions or limitations on the methods of which he can win.....his options are endless. Batman stomps.

#18 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman due to prep.