• 62 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by xmenhulk (726 posts) - - Show Bio



Batman get's 1 year of prep 
Midnighter dose not get prep 
Location - New York 
Who will win ?
#2 Posted by Erik (33031 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yes. I like this. Let the show begin!

#3 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord. I'm not even going to posit an opinion. I'll get flabbergasted and flustered by the damn 'battle computer' thang.

Hell with it.

Batman.

#4 Posted by thebatmobile12 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: @Erik said:

Oh yes. I like this. Let the show begin!

#5 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats.

#6 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter.

#7 Posted by WillPayton (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

Oh yes. I like this. Let the show begin!

Haha, awesome pic.

Also, seriously? Batman with 1 year prep?

#8 Posted by nickzambuto (13803 posts) - - Show Bio

MIDNIGHTER HAZ TEH BATTLE COMPUTERZ

#9 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

One year of Prep....I gotta go Batman here.

Moderator
#10 Posted by cameron83 (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

PLEASE,batman

i don't even think midnighter can take this..also batman has no powers so midnighter cannot get an advantage here

Online
#11 Edited by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@xmenhulk: I've learned to stay away from midnighter threads. Welcome to comic vine.

#12 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

One year of prep is too much. I'm going with Batman.

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh, I feel like playin games...

But I'm gonna sleep instead.

Moderator
#14 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Middy

#15 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

An entire year? Batman.

#16 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

BUUUCKSHOT????

#17 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, of course :O

#18 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Middy

#19 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

One year of Prep....I gotta go Batman here.

#20 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: It's like I'm looking in a sexy sexy mirror...

Moderator
#21 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: what say you to this fight? please...indulge me

#22 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter

#23 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? Batman with 1 year of prep? No way. Batman win easy.

#24 Posted by darktiger (4619 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

One year of Prep....I gotta go Batman here.

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33631 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter

Online
#26 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5680 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. Midnighter may not necessarily need the battle computer to be able to fight but it is an advantage. Computers can be corrupted. So then Midnighter becomes just another well trained fighter with above human stats. Batman has dealt with the like before, he also wouldn't fight him h2h if the plan was simply to shut him down. Midnighter was shot dead by Kev with a special bullet and was even taken down and had a bomb placed inside of him, so he can be stopped. Batman is the man to do it too.

#27 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimlock said:

@Buckshot: what say you to this fight? please...indulge me

Me? Indulge you? Indulge me. What will Batman do in a year? I'll trade you thoughts if yours are good enough.

Moderator
#28 Posted by Saren (25696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Midnighter was shot dead by Kev with a special bullet and was even taken down and had a bomb placed inside of him, so he can be stopped. Batman is the man to do it too.

The Kev stories are written for comedic effect more than anything else, and the incident with Paulus shutting down Midnighter's computer involved Paulus also somehow gaining access to the Carrier's door system. Not to mention that it also took place before the Engineer modified Midnighter's battle computer to prevent any technological tampering following the Team Achilles incident, so I really don't think Batman just flipping a switch and disabling the computer is a viable option given that the Engineer's tech is........above his displayed capabilities, putting it lightly.

Moderator
#29 Posted by Saren (25696 posts) - - Show Bio

And what is it with the whole idea that Midnighter is useless without his computer telling him what to do? Ask Hellstrike how he feels about that.

Moderator
#30 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5680 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Midnighter was shot dead by Kev with a special bullet and was even taken down and had a bomb placed inside of him, so he can be stopped. Batman is the man to do it too.

The Kev stories are written for comedic effect more than anything else, and the incident with Paulus shutting down Midnighter's computer involved Paulus also somehow gaining access to the Carrier's door system. Not to mention that it also took place before the Engineer modified Midnighter's battle computer to prevent any technological tampering following the Team Achilles incident, so I really don't think Batman just flipping a switch and disabling the computer is a viable option given that the Engineer's tech is........above his displayed capabilities, putting it lightly.

You think that Batman with one year prep and the contacts he's made through the years could possibly get someone or something that would be effective? A year is a pretty big advantage to someone like Bruce.

#31 Posted by Saren (25696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Midnighter was shot dead by Kev with a special bullet and was even taken down and had a bomb placed inside of him, so he can be stopped. Batman is the man to do it too.

The Kev stories are written for comedic effect more than anything else, and the incident with Paulus shutting down Midnighter's computer involved Paulus also somehow gaining access to the Carrier's door system. Not to mention that it also took place before the Engineer modified Midnighter's battle computer to prevent any technological tampering following the Team Achilles incident, so I really don't think Batman just flipping a switch and disabling the computer is a viable option given that the Engineer's tech is........above his displayed capabilities, putting it lightly.

You think that Batman with one year prep and the contacts he's made through the years could possibly get someone or something that would be effective? A year is a pretty big advantage to someone like Bruce.

Sure, and you'd also think that Batman with years and years of prep and time to think about it and knowledge of all of Superman's easily exploitable weaknesses and the ability to manipulate Superman's morals to his own ends would be able to actually beat Clark in a fight after all this time, but hey, that's never happened. Despite Lex Luthor pulling it off in under 2 minutes on a couple of occasions.

Moderator
#32 Posted by No_Trolling (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman doesn't need a year.

#33 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

@Gambler: It's like I'm looking in a sexy sexy mirror...

You finally change your av and its gotta be Taskmaster? ;P (mines got a sword though haha)

Moderator
#34 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5680 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Midnighter was shot dead by Kev with a special bullet and was even taken down and had a bomb placed inside of him, so he can be stopped. Batman is the man to do it too.

The Kev stories are written for comedic effect more than anything else, and the incident with Paulus shutting down Midnighter's computer involved Paulus also somehow gaining access to the Carrier's door system. Not to mention that it also took place before the Engineer modified Midnighter's battle computer to prevent any technological tampering following the Team Achilles incident, so I really don't think Batman just flipping a switch and disabling the computer is a viable option given that the Engineer's tech is........above his displayed capabilities, putting it lightly.

You think that Batman with one year prep and the contacts he's made through the years could possibly get someone or something that would be effective? A year is a pretty big advantage to someone like Bruce.

Sure, and you'd also think that Batman with years and years of prep and time to think about it and knowledge of all of Superman's easily exploitable weaknesses and the ability to manipulate Superman's morals to his own ends would be able to actually beat Clark in a fight after all this time, but hey, that's never happened. Despite Lex Luthor pulling it off in under 2 minutes on a couple of occasions.

Neither should be able to beat Clark in my opinion. Atleast not in some suit no matter how hi-tech.

#35 Posted by MisterWhisper (1944 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: Didn't you know, Batman makes suits out of Plot Armor.

#36 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5680 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterWhisper said:

@Guardiandevil83: Didn't you know, Batman makes suits out of Plot Armor.

Oh of course. Which is why Batman wins. In the end he will find a way to win. Dc will not let this dude lose and if he does the first time then he will come back and own. This is a battle forum, and still with an entire year, he owns based off numerous accomplishments over similiar threats. He is consistent with his wins and has been for more then twenty years.

#37 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

@grimlock said:

@Buckshot: what say you to this fight? please...indulge me

Me? Indulge you? Indulge me. What will Batman do in a year? I'll trade you thoughts if yours are good enough.

Okay then fair enough. in a year the bat will try to find out as much as he can on the Midnighter. he would obviously learn of the battle computer in the brain and that will be his target. he would obviously create a technology to malfunction the computer before engaging the Midnighter in other forms of combat. this way he might have some ground in the fight.that's the farthest i can go.i don't know much about the mid so i may not predict his responses now so honestly i don't know who wins yet.uuuummm...good enough?

#38 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman will create a gauntlet in the same vein as the one he used against Superman in The Dark Knight Returns. He'll start by building a bunch of predator missiles, which he used to tag Superman, albeit one that had recently been nuked. Midnighter has good dodging feats, but these tagged Superman. Does Midnighter have the durability feats to indicate he could heal from getting splatted by a few of these missiles? Bruce would then use a ton of sonics, acid, and EMPs on whatever's left of Midnighter. I'm not sure how the battle computer would fare against EMPs, especially after getting battered with massive explosives. With a year's prep, I don't think it's outlandish for Bats to manufacture something similar to that goop that Nemesis used to weaken Midnighter's powers, so he'll deploy that at the same time as the sonics and EMPs. He's also use a huge electromagnet to grab any weapons Midnighter has, such as his staff.

Finally, he'll create a suit. I hate how whenever Batman is losing on the forums, someone's like "Insider Suit, Batman pwnz!" But seriously, if Batman devoted a year to defeating one opponent, he'd be an idiot not to use an exosuit, and he's created some pretty powerful ones in the past.

A couple of problems: Batman isn't morals off, so he can't use lethal force against Midnighter. This make the missiles questionable, although Bats could get a pretty good idea of Midnighter's durability with a year's prep, and tailor the missiles not to kill him, just mess him up pretty good. Second: Doors. Midnighter could use them to bypass most of Bats' gauntlet, if he knew it was there and knew where he wanted to end up.

This is what I came up with on short notice. Good enough for a response?

#39 Posted by Strider92 (16613 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

@Buckshot said:

@Gambler: It's like I'm looking in a sexy sexy mirror...

You finally change your av and its gotta be Taskmaster? ;P (mines got a sword though haha)

Thats because teh Taskmaster is awesome!

#40 Posted by Megabeast1 (197 posts) - - Show Bio

With a whole year batman could find a way to overcome the battle computer!! BATMAN WINS!!!!

#41 Edited by MyonKuro (83 posts) - - Show Bio
Batman wins this.
Batman will find a way to screw his brain's Battle Precognition and to slow his speed down. After that, it's up to Batman to maul Midnighter with his insider suit...
With a year of preparation, Batman can do a LOT.
Myon
#42 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

@grimlock said:

@Buckshot: what say you to this fight? please...indulge me

Me? Indulge you? Indulge me. What will Batman do in a year? I'll trade you thoughts if yours are good enough.

Assuming that everything he has made, could be made faster a second time I don't see what's stopping him from pulling out something like this...

He also has quite a few gadgets already built and available...

#43 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Are those mechs! Batman built those! Thanks Baldy for those scans, great stuff.

#44 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

Are those mechs! Batman built those! Thanks Baldy for those scans, great stuff.

Techincally they found them, but previous to Batman getting involved they looked completely different and had no weapons or armor. Still quite impressive considering it's completely alien technology that he'd never seen before and kitted them out in very short notice.

#45 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

Are those mechs! Batman built those! Thanks Baldy for those scans, great stuff.

Techincally they found them, but previous to Batman getting involved they looked completely different and had no weapons or armor. Still quite impressive considering it's completely alien technology that he'd never seen before and kitted them out in very short notice.

Gottcha. Thanks!

#46 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimlock said:

@Buckshot said:

@grimlock said:

@Buckshot: what say you to this fight? please...indulge me

Me? Indulge you? Indulge me. What will Batman do in a year? I'll trade you thoughts if yours are good enough.

Okay then fair enough. in a year the bat will try to find out as much as he can on the Midnighter. he would obviously learn of the battle computer in the brain and that will be his target. he would obviously create a technology to malfunction the computer before engaging the Midnighter in other forms of combat. this way he might have some ground in the fight.that's the farthest i can go.i don't know much about the mid so i may not predict his responses now so honestly i don't know who wins yet.uuuummm...good enough?

I'll take it as a start...

@Esquire said:

Batman will create a gauntlet in the same vein as the one he used against Superman in The Dark Knight Returns. He'll start by building a bunch of predator missiles, which he used to tag Superman, albeit one that had recently been nuked. Midnighter has good dodging feats, but these tagged Superman. Does Midnighter have the durability feats to indicate he could heal from getting splatted by a few of these missiles? Bruce would then use a ton of sonics, acid, and EMPs on whatever's left of Midnighter. I'm not sure how the battle computer would fare against EMPs, especially after getting battered with massive explosives. With a year's prep, I don't think it's outlandish for Bats to manufacture something similar to that goop that Nemesis used to weaken Midnighter's powers, so he'll deploy that at the same time as the sonics and EMPs. He's also use a huge electromagnet to grab any weapons Midnighter has, such as his staff.

Finally, he'll create a suit. I hate how whenever Batman is losing on the forums, someone's like "Insider Suit, Batman pwnz!" But seriously, if Batman devoted a year to defeating one opponent, he'd be an idiot not to use an exosuit, and he's created some pretty powerful ones in the past.

A couple of problems: Batman isn't morals off, so he can't use lethal force against Midnighter. This make the missiles questionable, although Bats could get a pretty good idea of Midnighter's durability with a year's prep, and tailor the missiles not to kill him, just mess him up pretty good. Second: Doors. Midnighter could use them to bypass most of Bats' gauntlet, if he knew it was there and knew where he wanted to end up.

This is what I came up with on short notice. Good enough for a response?

Hmmmm...

@Baldy said:

@Buckshot said:

@grimlock said:

@Buckshot: what say you to this fight? please...indulge me

Me? Indulge you? Indulge me. What will Batman do in a year? I'll trade you thoughts if yours are good enough.

Assuming that everything he has made, could be made faster a second time I don't see what's stopping him from pulling out something like this...

He also has quite a few gadgets already built and available...

And a third...

Well, what seems to me to be the problem with all of these things is that Midnighter could just Door them away. All the weapons, and devices, and gadgets could just be sent somewhere else so Midnighter could take it to Batman man to man. The biggest thing Batman would have to prep for would be the Doors, but I see that as something beyond his capability. The Carrier's Door system has only been affected a handful of times and I don't think Batman would be able to replicate such a feat. Henry Bendix could, but Bendix also had his own Carrier for years, knew its secrets, his brain was connected to technology, and I think his intelligence is beyond Batman's in any case. Paulus did it, but Paulus also had time travel tech of his own. That kind of makes me wonder what prep means for Batman, can he access anything he can get his hands on? Because that's no longer really Batman, that's Batman and every hero he knows and their tech etc, etc. On his own, I don't think he really shows the ability to manipulate a living piece of tech on the level of the Carrier. Batman would also need to prep for the combat computer, and that's another piece of tech that I think is beyond him. The only times that has really been messed with (not using Henry Bendix's own tech) was by characters capable of easily messing with the Carrier. I wouldn't count Batman out entirely, but examples that basically boil down to "greater firepower" don't sway me.

@Gambler said:

@Buckshot said:

@Gambler: It's like I'm looking in a sexy sexy mirror...

You finally change your av and its gotta be Taskmaster? ;P (mines got a sword though haha)

Tasky was looking pretty bad ass on that page so what could I do but cop it?

Moderator
#47 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: Best taskmaster pic I've ever seen

Moderator
#48 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

Well, what seems to me to be the problem with all of these things is that Midnighter could just Door them away. All the weapons, and devices, and gadgets could just be sent somewhere else so Midnighter could take it to Batman man to man. The biggest thing Batman would have to prep for would be the Doors, but I see that as something beyond his capability. The Carrier's Door system has only been affected a handful of times and I don't think Batman would be able to replicate such a feat. Henry Bendix could, but Bendix also had his own Carrier for years, knew its secrets, his brain was connected to technology, and I think his intelligence is beyond Batman's in any case. Paulus did it, but Paulus also had time travel tech of his own. That kind of makes me wonder what prep means for Batman, can he access anything he can get his hands on? Because that's no longer really Batman, that's Batman and every hero he knows and their tech etc, etc. On his own, I don't think he really shows the ability to manipulate a living piece of tech on the level of the Carrier. Batman would also need to prep for the combat computer, and that's another piece of tech that I think is beyond him. The only times that has really been messed with (not using Henry Bendix's own tech) was by characters capable of easily messing with the Carrier. I wouldn't count Batman out entirely, but examples that basically boil down to "greater firepower" don't sway me.

So, could a gooped-up Midnighter beat an Insider-suit Bats? If Bats has a year to put useful gadgets into his suit, such as goop dispensers and things like that, could he beat MN? And just how much could

Midnighter realistically door? I mean, I know the door's been shown to take a little while to manifest, such as when the Doctor got out of the hospital in Authority volume 4 and he had time to call a door a couple of times before it manifested. I guess I'm asking if MN could door away all the obstacles before he got floored by a sonic pulse or a missile, things like that. Or what if Bats had planted landmines? Could MN just door away the ground? Do doors make all Authority characters unbeatable?

#49 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

@Buckshot said:

Well, what seems to me to be the problem with all of these things is that Midnighter could just Door them away. All the weapons, and devices, and gadgets could just be sent somewhere else so Midnighter could take it to Batman man to man. The biggest thing Batman would have to prep for would be the Doors, but I see that as something beyond his capability. The Carrier's Door system has only been affected a handful of times and I don't think Batman would be able to replicate such a feat. Henry Bendix could, but Bendix also had his own Carrier for years, knew its secrets, his brain was connected to technology, and I think his intelligence is beyond Batman's in any case. Paulus did it, but Paulus also had time travel tech of his own. That kind of makes me wonder what prep means for Batman, can he access anything he can get his hands on? Because that's no longer really Batman, that's Batman and every hero he knows and their tech etc, etc. On his own, I don't think he really shows the ability to manipulate a living piece of tech on the level of the Carrier. Batman would also need to prep for the combat computer, and that's another piece of tech that I think is beyond him. The only times that has really been messed with (not using Henry Bendix's own tech) was by characters capable of easily messing with the Carrier. I wouldn't count Batman out entirely, but examples that basically boil down to "greater firepower" don't sway me.

So, could a gooped-up Midnighter beat an Insider-suit Bats? If Bats has a year to put useful gadgets into his suit, such as goop dispensers and things like that, could he beat MN? And just how much could

Midnighter realistically door? I mean, I know the door's been shown to take a little while to manifest, such as when the Doctor got out of the hospital in Authority volume 4 and he had time to call a door a couple of times before it manifested. I guess I'm asking if MN could door away all the obstacles before he got floored by a sonic pulse or a missile, things like that. Or what if Bats had planted landmines? Could MN just door away the ground? Do doors make all Authority characters unbeatable?

Nemesis commented that the goop didn't actually seem to be doing much for what it's worth, and Midnighter has shown that even things that work on him once (like Assassin8's pheromones) don't work well a second time. Even if Midnighter decides not to do anything about some sort of neuro-inhibiting goop, it wouldn't necessarily cost him the fight. As for the Door "taking a little while" you're referencing one of only two instances (IIRC) of such a thing, and it's clearly stated that the Door is working fine, it's just that The Doctor had been cut off from it (by someone that could also shut him off from his own reality warping powers and spent his time making superheroes). The Door usually appears as soon as it's called for.

As for Door usage, I doubt Midnighter would use a Door for the sort of things you were mentioning at the end since he's dealt with similar sorts of attacks before without the Door and been just fine. It's when things like giant mechs and every-weapon-Batman-has-ever-used start being introduced that I start thinking of Doors being the most direct solution that Batman still wouldn't have an answer for. Doors don't make Authority characters unbeatable. Honestly, most of them are "unbeatable" even without Doors if you're just looking at their powers. Their personalities determine what they'd actually do, and if Doors are your worry, Midnighter is really the only one that has used them for combat purposes.

Moderator
#50 Edited by Omnicrono (1849 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy: Thanks for posting those scans of the mechs, as well as of the various bits of tech Batman continually has at the ready.

@Buckshot: I don't believe it is necessarily outside of Batman's capability (as in beyond his intelligence) to prep for the Doors. Here are a couple of things he has done on the spot (little-to-no prep time) in terms of understanding and then utilizing foreign/alien tech.

Left scan: He figures out how to use Rann Zeta-beam technology within a few minutes. Adam Strange points out that it took years for him to learn to use the technology (Brave and the Bold #6)

Next two: In what appears to be a matter of minutes, Bats studies an advanced alien tech, quickly deduces how it works, then figures out how to use it to repel the Star Conqueror's invasion of earth. (JLA #23)