Batman vs MagnaGuards

Avatar image for phantomlantern8
PhantomLantern8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

New 52 Batman somehow got teleported to the Star Wars universe. He finds himself trapped in an apartment sized room with no windows and entry/exits, also with 5 of General Grievous' MagnaGuards, each equipped with one electrostaff. Batman is equipped with only his standard gear and must destroy them.

BONUS ROUND: Batman gets a lightsaber and has recently mastered both variants of Form V to fight off 5 MagnaGuards and one Droideka.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@phantomlantern8: Sorry man. I'll be back later to say what I think... I'm just a little too angry to talk to someone right now.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RisingBean

From what I recall of Grievous' guards, they were not all that. I'll run with Batman until somebody shows me why I shouldn't.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't Magnaguards contend with Jedi. I mean, they usually lose, but are not an easy out. An Jedi are much faster than Bruce, if I'm not mistaken. So I'm giving this to the guards. Plus, a lightsaber wouldn't really help Bruce, since the magnaguards electrostaff can block it.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 juiceboks  Moderator

From what I recall of Grievous' guards, they were not all that. I'll run with Batman until somebody shows me why I shouldn't.

IG-101 and IG-102 held their own against Obi-Wan and Anakin for a while respectively. All magnaguards are programmed to fight Jedi, and Bruce would be hard-pressed to defeat one in an enclosed space like this..let alone 5.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Yeah, the enclosed space probably doesn't help. It's been quite a long time since I saw them in action. I thought they were jobbing to the Jedi. If I'm wrong, then they should take it. I was thinking Batman disarms one and uses it's electro whatchamawhoosit to disable the others.

That or an EMP.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eisenfauste

I figure he will have explosive rangs and or EMP rangs, but if its in enclosed spaces with Magnaguards it will be a tough battle for him to win.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the OP realizes that New 52 Batman barely means anything since it's pretty much still the same as Pre 52 Batman, might as well say "Batman" since no one even considers anything before 1987 as modern and without a formal description of the version we are forced by Comic Vine law to consider the current incarnation of the character who in Batman's case is the same as the one from 20+ years ago.

Back on topic, Batman tosses a magnetic gadget at the ceiling and follows up with explosives....his cape and cowl can take the blast and the debris that comes along with it, like it has in the past...Managards are done. Even if he decided to take them on physically, the fact that they fought O and A means little since neither Jedi had to employ use of the force to win and Bruce has been at worse odds. He can take down all 5 unless someone wants to make a legitimate argument as to why he cannot.

Bonus round, EMP to stun the Magnaguards and take down the Droideka's shields, he then follows up by cutting them all in half before the destroyer droid can land a shot and before the Managuards can regain their bearings.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MagnaGuards have reactions operating at near light speed, though.

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those things were really fast. The Enclosed space is hurting bats here. He has fought against worse odds and he has equipment to soundly take care of machines and I see him opening with this