#1 Edited by kadeem (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

After witnessing his parent's murder, Bruce Wayne devoted his live to stopping the evil that killed them. He trained himself to peak human condition both mentally and physically, and returned to Gotham as the Batman, arguably the greatest crime fighter the world has ever known.
VS
  Kung Lao is a Shaolin Monk and member of the White Lotus and a direct descendant to the Great Kung Lao, the former Mortal Kombat Champion. It has always been Kung Lao's dream to live honor his ancestor.

The Situation:  The earth is being invaded by the armies of out world, so the Justice League sends Batman on a special ops mission to gather intelligence Shao Khan's main Earth fortress.  Coincidently Kung Lao has also snuck his way into the fortress with the attention of finishing of Khan once and for all.  Batman and Kung Lao incidentally cross paths, and mistake each other for being minions of Shao Khan. Kung Lao has all of his powers at his disposal, and Batman is armed with more gadgets than usual since he knew Khan's fortress would be full of super powered minions. Who wins?

#2 Posted by NaacK (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. He knows a lot of fighting styles and the gadgets give him a bonus. Some problems for him could be Kung Lao teleporting or tossing his hat. A even bigger problem is that spin. That damn spin!

#3 Edited by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

With gadgets: Batman

Without gadgets: Kung Lao

#4 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5445 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#5 Edited by Abocado (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Kung Lao

#6 Posted by DanM (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Given Kung Lao is a very formidable fighter along with the fact that he can teleport could be a very dangerous combination, in addition to his hat which could effortlessly take off limbs, decapitate or even cut Batman in two, this is a fight I get the feeling he would try and avoid.

#7 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@naack said:

Batman. He knows a lot of fighting styles and the gadgets give him a bonus. Some problems for him could be Kung Lao teleporting or tossing his hat. A even bigger problem is that spin. That damn spin!

That DAMN spin.

Hard to say, depends on what gadgets Batman has. I think Kung Lao's the better martial artist though.

#8 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4467 posts) - - Show Bio

Kung laos hat cuts people in half like nothing. So yea. I don't think bats suit is capable to take a hit like a chainsaw. His hat is like a chainsaw pretty much.

#9 Edited by DeathandGrim (2048 posts) - - Show Bio

Kung Lao wins. The magic hat and his ridiculous mobility are the deciding factors.

#10 Edited by patrat18 (9790 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Edited by Erick_Williams (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would still win, Kung Lao loses to Liu Kang
Liu Kang <<<< comic Batman

#13 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9441 posts) - - Show Bio

This is what happens to Batz

#14 Posted by RetconCrisis (3893 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman gets cut if half if he gets close to Kung Lao. Once Bats steps into a foot-distance from Kung Lao, he does the hat spin and cuts Batman in half. If Batman tries to jump or strafe in a straight, vertical direction and isn't super, uber-careful, Lao can slice him into two with his hat-throw.

#15 Posted by MonsterStomp (18105 posts) - - Show Bio

Kung Lao. Just because.

#16 Posted by JasonHawke (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

Kung Lao

Dude regularly fights trained fighters who uses tools and sorcery all the time.

(To be honest, I just used what Kung Lao does in Mk9 vs what Batman does in Injustice. I feel like Kung Lao's got more.)

#17 Posted by DeathandGrim (2048 posts) - - Show Bio

Kung Lao

Dude regularly fights trained fighters who uses tools and sorcery all the time.

(To be honest, I just used what Kung Lao does in Mk9 vs what Batman does in Injustice. I feel like Kung Lao's got more.)

but does he have the trait?

#fullscreencombosarebullshit

#18 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

In my mind this honestly depends on which era Kung Lao this is, and which Batman this is. Overall though, IMO if this is pre-MK3 / MK9 Kung Lao, Batman wins; but if this is post MK3 KL, Kung Lao takes this in a great fight.

• Pre-MK3 / MK9 KL is well trained but impatient, and hardheaded due to him wanting to out do Liu and being all about proving himself.
  • Post-MK3 KL is at peace with his himself, has a decade worth of more experience and training, and has more tools at his disposal.

If Batman has some type of intel or prep he more than likely would be able to do something against KL, but in a random encounter, as soon as KL establishes that Bats can't touch him due to his spin, and Bats can run due to his teleport and homing razor-hat, Batman's options become all about his gadgets.