Rules: Random Encounter

• Morals On/In Character
  • No Prep
  • H2H Only
  • DKR Batman - Equipped With His Upgraded Armor and a Kryptonian Rebreather
  • MOS Jor-El - Equipped With His Golden Armor and Clean Gotee
  • Win By Incapacitation / Knockout

#2 Edited by dondave (38790 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest I'd take Jor-El over Batman. Although I'm not Batman's body could handle being on Krypton

#3 Edited by Immortal777 (7732 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to rain on your parade but Batman would die on krypton.

#4 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12349 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

To be honest I'd take Jor-El over Batman. Although I'm not Batman's body could handle being on Krypton

Not to rain on your parade but Batman would die on krypton.

fine fine, I'll edit it so that he has a breather on .....

#5 Edited by BWANASIMBA (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Still wouldn't be able to do anything. Krypton's gravity was described as vastly greater than Earth's.

#6 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12349 posts) - - Show Bio

@bwanasimba said:

@ancient_0f_days: Still wouldn't be able to do anything. Krypton's gravity was described as vastly greater than Earth's.

That wasn't specified in the movie, Lois was just fine under Kryptons atmosphere in Zods ship

#7 Posted by Immortal777 (7732 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: I thought someone mentioned that krypton had heavier gravity in MoS I just don't remember who said it.

#8 Edited by BWANASIMBA (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777: Yes it was. It was stated literally right before Superman started trying to fly.

#9 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12349 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: I thought someone mentioned that krypton had heavier gravity in MoS I just don't remember who said it.

it wasn't mentioned from what I know of, and if anyone said it, it would be the Jor-El hologram/ghost .... but I have no recollection of it being mentioned in the film, just that the environment was harsh. The only reason i put the fight on Krypton was cus I couldn't find a good picture Zod's ship on google....

#10 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6291 posts) - - Show Bio

lol I was thinking about this in the movie theater too. I say Batman wins.

#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22753 posts) - - Show Bio

Jor-El wins he has better armour. And I was gonnamake this thread.

#12 Edited by dondave (38790 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777 said:

it wasn't mentioned from what I know of, and if anyone said it, it would be the Jor-El hologram/ghost .... but I have no recollection of it being mentioned in the film, just that the environment was harsh. The only reason i put the fight on Krypton was cus I couldn't find a good picture Zod's ship on google....

It was mentioned, it was one the factors they used in describing why Superman had powers on Earth

#13 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12349 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12349 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

It was mentioned, it was one the factors they used in describing why Superman had powers on Earth

Well, sh*t ... now I have to try and find a picture of Zod's space ship .... Was it Jor-El who said it? Was he dead when he said it or was it during the scene where they were preparing the escape pod ....

#15 Posted by dondave (38790 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Well, sh*t ... now I have to try and find a picture of Zod's space ship .... Was it Jor-El who said it? Was he dead when he said it or was it during the scene where they were preparing the escape pod ....

IIRC it was when Clark first met Jor-El's A.I

#16 Edited by beautifulrevery (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@dondave said:

It was when he was speaking with Jor-El in the ship on Earth and was getting a history lesson and what not. I specifically remember him stating "their gravity is weaker" or something to that effect.

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17843 posts) - - Show Bio

Jor-El mentioned that the environment was far harsher and that the gravity on Earth was far weaker than that of Earth's but the atmosphere was more nourishing, hence the strength of Clark's powers.

#18 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna answer this like the OP meant for it to be, and Bruce has more feats.

#19 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12349 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

Jor-El mentioned that the environment was far harsher and that the gravity on Earth was far weaker than that of Krypton's but the atmosphere was more nourishing, hence the strength of Clark's powers.

Knew it was ghost Jor-El .... and fixed .... seen any good pics of Zods ship? nvr mind, Battle takes place in Zods ship, Kryptonian atmosphere enabled.

#21 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8695 posts) - - Show Bio

jor-el wins

#22 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12349 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12349 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4 said:

@ancient_0f_days:

It was mentioned by Holographic Jor-El himself.

do you know how late you are....

To be fair...you had to be told multiple times that it was stated in the movie before you accepted it....maybe he was just making sure the information would stick.

#27 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Your pulling probably YouTube lvl arguments from people. And that's sad.

"Bruce has more feats" - so what

"I say Batman wins" - cool your opinion

Jor-El showed way better H2H combat against most of the elite Kryptonians and even had the upper hand against Zod. Only reason Zod killed Jor was a cheap shot with a dagger. Not to mention this was done on a much harsher environment on much heavier gravity.

Lois Lane was alright in Zod's ship because the gravity wasn't different and the Kryptonians had their Earth-given powers. Whether this is Krypton or Earth, it's spite either way.

#28 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

DKR BATS

May change my opinion after I watch the movie (MOS).

#29 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12349 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair...you had to be told multiple times that it was stated in the movie before you accepted it....maybe he was just making sure the information would stick.

Yeah, but that was an HOUR before he responded.....

@ancient_0f_days: Your pulling probably YouTube lvl arguments from people. And that's sad.

You're the one who said this was a mismatch, not everyone here seems to agree. You can't be the only one who's right now can you, if you think you are, then that's sad.

@ancient_0f_days:

Jor-El showed way better H2H combat against most of the elite Kryptonians and even had the upper hand against Zod. Only reason Zod killed Jor was a cheap shot with a dagger. Not to mention this was done on a much harsher environment on much heavier gravity.

When Superman was under kryptons atmosphere, he was and I quote..."as weak as a human" ...... same could be said of Jor-El since all the other Kryptonian's were the same way in that atmosphere ....

@ancient_0f_days:

Lois Lane was alright in Zod's ship because the gravity wasn't different and the Kryptonians had their Earth-given powers. Whether this is Krypton or Earth, it's spite either way.

unless the fight takes place in Zods ship where even the Kryptonian's were "as weak as a human" ......... read the OP.

#30 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

unless the fight takes place in Zods ship where even the Kryptonian's were "as weak as a human" ......... read the OP.

With that said I say DKR BATS, although he lost to a severely De-powered Supes, it is still impressive and Bruce is stronger than your average human.

#31 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12349 posts) - - Show Bio

With that said I say DKR BATS, although he lost to a severely De-powered Supes, it is still impressive and Bruce is stronger than your average human.

Who lost to a depowered supes?

#32 Posted by russellmania77 (15747 posts) - - Show Bio

The first time superman gets on zod's ship should answer this question

#bleh

#33 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days:

Well, though he faked his own death, there is no chance that he will win against Supes in anyway and it is clear that Supes is holding back.

#34 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12349 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days:

Well, though he faked his own death, there is no chance that he will win against Supes in anyway and it is clear that Supes is holding back.

what are you talking about.....

#35 Posted by Immortal777 (7732 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days:

?

#36 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days:

We are talking about this Batman right?

Ooohhhhh! DKR as in Dark Knight Rises, I thought Dark Knight Returns. LOLZ

I only read the Rules.

#37 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: oh jesus man. I can see where that'd confusing, as Dark Knight Returns was also a movie.

*facepalm*

Dark Knight Rises Batman was a complete and utter pansy.

#38 Posted by dondave (38790 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@dondave said:

It was when he was speaking with Jor-El in the ship on Earth and was getting a history lesson and what not. I specifically remember him stating "their gravity is weaker" or something to that effect.

So we're saying the same thing

#39 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@overlordarhas: oh jesus man. I can see where that'd confusing, as Dark Knight Returns was also a movie.

*facepalm*

Dark Knight Rises Batman was a complete and utter pansy.

Hey, when you mention Armor against Kryptonian, Batman, and DKR. The Dark Knight Returns was the fist thing that pops into my mind, and yes, it was a 2 part animated movie.

#40 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12349 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: Ok, now I know exactly where you are coming from. *whew*, man ..... look at the pics next time..... I even have the bios linked to their names, they're there for a direct reason, *sigh*.......

#41 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: Ok, now I know exactly where you are coming from. *whew*, man ..... look at the pics next time..... I even have the bios linked to their names, they're there for a direct reason, *sigh*.......

Sorry for the confusion, now I really need to watch the movie first. I saw DK Rises but I need to watch MOS first to arrive at an objective opinion.

#42 Edited by Deranged Midget (17843 posts) - - Show Bio

Knew it was ghost Jor-El .... and fixed .... seen any good pics of Zods ship? nvr mind, Battle takes place in Zods ship, Kryptonian atmosphere enabled.

Good pictures of Zod's ship? What do you mean?

#43 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Still doesn't help that the suit your giving batman can be easily broken and once it is, fights over.

DKR batman was slow and he fought goons from the streets. Here, he's fighting someone on Bane's lvl without the respirator. Last time I checked, Batman almost got punked twice by Bane.

Jor-El Curbestomps

#44 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12349 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: i changed the location to Zods ship, so I wanted to get a good pic of the inside of it.....

#45 Posted by Deranged Midget (17843 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Ah ok, my bad! This is the general area of the ship, everything else is mostly corridors.

#46 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Deranged Midget (17843 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: Against Jor-El? I mean, that's extremely hard to determine for me. Bale's Batman had three films of feats to back up on while Crowe's Jor-El had a minute of combat... Not really a fair distinguishing factor.

You could argue that Zod is one of Krypton's greatest warriors as he was genetically raised to be a warrior and Jor-El still trumped him, but it seemed almost even for the most part. Jor-El did kick some arse though!

#48 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: This is how I see it, there are three chances in this world. Batman had his three chances to prove he can beat people a little bit better than him. He failed, he only fought goons and got lucky against Bane. In this fight, Jor-El has no respirator since the environment favors him to be on human Lvls and Batman's with the respirator. Like you said, Jor-El had the upper hand against the other Kryptonians who I argue could stomp Bane even on normal Lvls.

In order for this fight to be at best fair is if this is strictly H2H combat, which Batman will loose.

If Batman has his gear, then Jor-El gets Kryptonian weapons, and that's still a big stomp like the last one.

Like I said to Ancient_Of_Days, either way Jor-El stomps this Batman.

#49 Posted by Deranged Midget (17843 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: Eh, I can't say that there's enough information to state that the Kryptonains without aid of the Yellow sun would be equal to or superior than Bane or the best of the best in the Nolanverse. The only time we've seen true hand to hand was with Jor-El and Zod and that lasted for little less than a minute, but it was spectacular.

With the Kryptonian armour though, I'd say it's relatively similar to or slightly superior to Bruce's suit.

#50 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12349 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump