Batman vs John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)

• 70 results
MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MirrorWave4

- Batman has standard equipment

-John Marston gets all game weapons

-Unlimited Dead Eye for Marston

- Morals on

-30ft. Distance

-Fight's in Armadillo

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman curbstomps

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marston he's invincible in dead eye mode. His reaction time is near super hero levels. His pain tolerance is off thecharts just watch the end of the game. The only reason Batman would win is because morals are on and he's an escape artist.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marston he's invincible in dead eye mode. His reaction time is near super hero levels. His pain tolerance is off thecharts just watch the end of the game. The only reason Batman would win is because morals are on and he's an escape artist.

batman has much better reaction time, he's much stronger, much more durable, much faster, and simply outclasses him in fighting skills, he could oneshot him easily.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marston can tag Bruce. If anything, it's the suit that'll allow Batman to win.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Marston can tag Bruce. If anything, it's the suit that'll allow Batman to win.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller
omegablast452

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dondave

Batman ftw

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By nefarious

Batman one-shots him.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce easy.

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Bruce have an answer for Explosion Rifles? You know, the rifles that can blow up Bears in an instant?

Cole_Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By slimj87d

WTF! Martson can empty 6 shots with perfect aim in a split second...

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

WTF! Martson can empty 6 shots with perfect aim in a split second...

Batman can dodge sniper rifle bullets after they're fired, and he wears Bullet proof armor most of the time....magnetic batarang is in batman's standard equipment...no guns for Johnny .......

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ancient

- Marston's no average shooter, in dead Eye on game mechanics alone, you can dodge bullets, if about 10ft distance.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman one shots him

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ancient

- Marston's no average shooter, in dead Eye on game mechanics alone, you can dodge bullets, if about 10ft distance.

Batman dodges bullets without the use of a special vision mode, average shooter or not, he's no Deadshot.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My God John Martson murder stomps

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well then, since Unlimited Dead Eye should prove Marston can keep up with Batman.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My God John Martson murder stomps

Not at all, unless John has armor piercing rounds and can survive exploding batarangs.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By slimj87d

@ancient_0f_days said:

@mirrorwave4 said:

@Ancient

Batman dodges bullets without the use of a special vision mode, average shooter or not, he's no Deadshot.

What? Dude, dead eye slows the world down where rain becomes slow moving objects. With this ability he also has PERFECT aim. Anything he tags will be fired at and he can unload all the bullets of any gun he is using almost instantly in real time. Batman doesn't dodge the "bullets" in the game, he dodges the ability of the people to fire them in game.

If John Marston has unlimited dead eye, then he has unlimited control of time. He nearly freezes and controls time. Can Deadshot freeze and control time?

And to clarify, is this Batman AA? Or Batman from the comics? Regardless, check out at 1:45. If he has unlimited dead eye then he's a speedster with a gun with perfect aim.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for swordandshields
SwordandShields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SwordandShields

if its Game versions then John Marston takes it rather easily.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman one-shots him.

Batman one shots him

I always thought the term one shot was a bit silly. Sure, Batman could conceivably knock John Marston out with one hit, but even he could "one shot" him he still needs to reach him first. Bruce would win, but he'll be going home with 6 aching bruises from bullets bouncing off his body armor.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@mirrorwave4 said:

@Ancient

What? Dude, dead eye slows the world down where rain becomes slow moving objects. With this ability he also has PERFECT aim. Anything he tags will be fired at and he can unload all the bullets of any gun he is using almost instantly in real time. Batman doesn't dodge the "bullets" in the game, he dodges the ability of the people to fire them in game.

If John Marston has unlimited dead eye, then he has unlimited control of time. He nearly freezes and controls time. Can Deadshot freeze and control time?

And to clarify, is this Batman AA? Or Batman from the comics?

It doesn't say Arkham Verse Batman in the OP, so it's comic Batman, which completely alters your post. Batman has travel and reaction speed feats that would make it hard for the game mechanics to apply to him, as slow as the NCPs in RDR are Batman is nearly superhuman in comparison. He could disappear before Marstons eyes like he did Jay Garrick, Martian Manhunter, police officers, deadshot and Azrael just to name a few. He's dodged a minigun from someone almost as good as he is

he's done better than Marston as far as even projectiles go, he beat deadshot in a highnoon type duel, his batarang struck first, he's snatched several thugs guns out of their hands while they were shooting without their notice ....

Dead Eye or not, he's not going to pierce the batsuit and he's not going to survive getting hit with several batarangs, especially the kind that explode.

Magnetic ones end the game so fast it's unfair.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they start standing in front of each other 30 ft. away I think the dead eye will enable John to win. Perfect aim. He could shoot Batman straight in the mouth.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they start standing in front of each other 30 ft. away I think the dead eye will enable John to win. Perfect aim. He could shoot Batman straight in the mouth.

Bruce has dodged much faster than John, and he moves faster than anyone John has ever shot. He can find cover before getting shot.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biteme_fanboy said:

Bruce has dodged much faster than John, and he moves faster than anyone John has ever shot. He can find cover before getting shot.

Bruce is peak human. So I'll give him a running speed at about 23 mph. Animals in RDR are often Mountain Lions, rabbits, etc. A mountain lion's top speed average is about 40 mph. In dead eye mode while a mountain lion is running, he looks like an elderly person moving.

In deadeye, Marston tags Batman.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By slimj87d

@ancient_0f_days: John Martson has the ability to control time. The OP gave him unlimited ability to control time. Any batarangs or anything Batman does will be frozen in time.

John Martson could easily shoot and fire at Batman's eyes as he has perfect aim in this state as well. Also, just because the batsuit is bullet proof doesn't mean that bullets don't hurt. 24 bullets (the maximum bullets in one of his rifles I believe) hitting the exact same spot in 1 second or less would most likely knock Batman out.

Again, it's not that Batman doesn't have the ability to beat John Martson, he would easily under any normal circumstances. But with unlimited dead eye, John Martson just keeps Batman frozen in space and time and fires shots at his eyeballs constantly over and over again.

It doesn't even matter if Batman moves because in red dead redemption, once a target is tagged, lets say if John tags Batman's eyes, then his aim will follow it regardless of where his eyes are xyz at times 123.

Your scan also shows a gatling gun that is blind firing with "dust" clearly showing the person firing it is not aiming. It doesn't directly compare or make sense to what John Marston can do which is freeze time, perfectly aim and tag a target and fire wherever that target goes.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@slimj87d: I think you're wanking dead eye...nothing is ever frozen in place during dead eye, he doesn't shoot nearly as fast as you suggest he does while in dead eye, the video's reject the idea that he can fire 24 bullets in less than a second. In RDR, no one is as fast as batman is, no one in RDR has the capability to dodge or block bullets like he can and has. While dead eye is activated John doesn't move at the same speed as if it were real time, he is also somewhat slowed down, even if he can manage to tag batman as a target, he wouldn't be able to hit in the same spot because of how fast Batman moves. Even if John has him lined up for a head shot, a slight movement of the head can do this ....

Bullet proof cowl....

Bullet proof cape..... as long as he is covered, he's not getting shot.

Batman is able to dodge a sniper bullet after it's fired, and then take down the gunman with a few batarangs (despite the fact that the shooter is a hundred feet away or so):

Dodges gunfire in an enclosed environment, and is able to duck under bullets

John loses...

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magnetic Batarang makes this a mismatch

No guns/knives = one bat-kick knock out

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wolfrazer  Online

Question to what extent can Batman's suit protect him from regarding bullet caliber?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@wolfrazer said:

Question to what extent can Batman's suit protect him from regarding bullet caliber?

he got shot in the chest by Deadshot's automatic sniper rifle at point blank range........it left a few dents and knocked him down, but then Batman got right back up and beat the crap out of him.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Wolfrazer  Online

@wolfrazer said:

he got shot in the chest by Deadshot's automatic sniper rifle at point blank range........it left a few dents and knocked him down, but then Batman got right back up and beat the crap out of him.

How powerful was the rifle?

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Believe it or not, this is kind of a tough one for me. One of the cool things of Dead Eye in RDR is that you can select any spot on an enemy and it will shoot in that exact same spot. Even if they're moving the lock will stay on. John could just shoot him in his jaw, nose, lower jaw. Even if he had a bulletproof cowl. Of course, in a fight of just physical H2H combat, you know who would win. John is just an average fighter, nothing more. I'd say the fight could go either way. Batman could just as easily toss a flash grenade at John and knock him out, however, if John locks on first, it's all over.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By JamesKM716

With unlimited dead eye, Marston should be able to annihilate Batman. A single headshot could kill him.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@wolfrazer said:

not sure, I'm having a hard time finding the scan.....it was a sniper rifle (or maybe just an assault rifle with a scope), and automatic, so it's probably more powerful that what John has ... he was also hit in the chest three times with slugs from a shottie and was down, but still got up after getting shot in the face.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@wolfrazer said:

not sure, I'm having a hard time finding the scan.....it was a sniper rifle, and automatic, so it's probably more powerful that what John has ... he was also hit in the chest three times with slugs from a shottie and was down, but still got up after getting shot in the face.

Well just cause its a sniper rifle, doesn't mean it would be more powerful. Bullets come in all shapes and sizes, though I would probably hazard a guess that its more powerful then the handguns Martson has. (Which one of them, the High Power Pistol if we go off of what its based just has a 9mm caliber)

Though really what I am seeing, the only weapons that Martson has that could actually hurt Batman would be the Bolt Action Rifle, the Rolling Block(if using the 30-06) and the Explosive Rifle(anit-tank weapon)

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@jameskm716 said:

With unlimited dead eye, Marston should be able to annihilate Batman. A single headshot could kill him.

bullet proof cowl says otherwise.

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By slimj87d

@ancient_0f_days:

Can you prove that I'm wanking dead eye? In dead eye even birds are moving extremely slow enough for John to fire all shots into them. In this OP he has INFINITY dead eye. Infinity. I don't believe I'm wanking the dead eye, I think you're missing a key fact in the OP.

Loading Video...

I don't think you're addressing the main point. It's not John's gun or shooting that is giving Batman trouble here... it's his ability to stop time and fire all his shots in that stopped period of time.

Does Batman have the ability to stop time as well?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@ancient_0f_days: Then aim at his jaw?

meh.....

@slimj87d said:

@ancient_0f_days:

Can you prove that I'm wanking dead eye? In dead eye even birds are moving extremely slow enough for John to fire all shots into them.

I don't think you're addressing the main point. It's not John's gun or shooting that is giving Batman trouble here... it's his ability to stop time and fire all his shots in that stopped period of time.

Does Batman have the ability to stop time as well?

Yeah I can prove it....you said time was frozen in Dead Eye, it clearly isn't, it moves at a crawl and John isn't moving at regular speeds while in Dead Eye, meaning he's slowed down a little bit too. John DOESNT stop time, he slows time, at this rate I expect you to say john can shoot spiderman. Anyway, you are clearly wanking Dead Eye just with your use of terminology and insinuating that Batman will be a statue in comparison to Marston when that isn't the case. Batman is bullet proof just about all over, and only has to release one magnetic batarang to end this completely .....

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By NeonGameWave

It could go either way

Off Topic: John Marston is an awesome character and Red Dead Redemption was an amazing game

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By slimj87d

@ancient_0f_days:

I admit that I exaggerated the time abilities, but I only did so to grab your attention about it. My first sentence about it where I first express he controls time and he "nearly" freezes it.

"If John Marston has unlimited dead eye, then he has unlimited control of time. He nearly freezes and controls time. Can Deadshot freeze and control time?"

After that you continuously dodged and didn't factor this into your arguments which lead me to exaggerate it a bit. Your arguments still don't prove or show that Batman has any counter measure to John's unlimited ability to control time. What is a magnetic batarang going to do? John can just shoot it out of the air.

Look at the first video at 1:45, when John performs the dead eye as the player moves and tags areas for John to hit his arm actually moves up and down at the speeds the crosshairs move. Can you explain that?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#47  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Batman.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@ancient_0f_days:

I admit that I exaggerated the time abilities, but I only did so to grab your attention about it. My first sentence about it where I first express he controls time and he "nearly" freezes it.

"If John Marston has unlimited dead eye, then he has unlimited control of time. He nearly freezes and controls time. Can Deadshot freeze and control time?"

After that you continuously dodged and didn't factor this into your arguments which lead me to exaggerate it a bit. Your arguments still don't prove or show that Batman has any counter measure to John's unlimited ability to control time. What is a magnetic batarang going to do? John can just shoot it out of the air.

Look at the first video at 1:45, when John performs the dead eye as the player moves and tags areas for John to hit his arm actually moves up and down at the speeds the crosshairs move. Can you explain that?

Despite the fact that he "nearly" freezes time, he doesn't control it's degree of sluggishness ..... but in any case, I didn't dodge, I didn't factor this in because as fast as John is in Dead Eye, John's target's the people themselves, were able to get up out their seats and generally move, Batman is fast enough to avoid getting hit completely considering the fact that they start 30 ft away and the OP doesn't state of they are looking right at each other, even if they were, Dead Eye doesn't change the speed the bullets were traveling, Bruce has dodged faster bullets from longer and shorter ranges (Sniper Rifle rounds/Deadshot), from that range he could toss batarangs and take cover, once he's out of Marston's line of sight, it's over...

Marston can shoot the Mag Batarang out the air....and his guns and knives will follow where it lands....out of his hands. Defenseless John vs Bruce Wayne....maybe he has a Molotov.....fire never works on batman anyway, explosives to rarely.

I can explain that....it's a relatively short distance to move his arm....

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: I'll leave it at this. The basis of your argument is that John never went up against someone as fast as Batman, but is that the argument or has Batman never gone up against someone with unlimited dead eye.

Here a bunch of horses run right past John. Compare how fast they were initially moving and how fast they move when he activates dead eye.

Loading Video...

If and when you do come up with a real argument that counters the infinity dead eye ability, I'll tip my hat off to you.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@slimj87d: My argument isn't that Marston hasn't dealt with anyone like batman, my argument is that Batman is fast enough and protected enough to take cover before getting demolished..... once he takes cover...all he needs to do it toss a flash bang (which will probably get shot, setting it off), or a magnetic batarang. My argument is that also, if Marston gets a shot off on batman's face, it'll bounce off like the point blank shot did...he's not piercing the Bat-suit.