Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SOG7dc
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

ok here are the rules:

round 1- random encounter no prep no bfr fight takes place in gotham morals on

round 2- not really a battle I just want to know who you think is smarter/better detective

round 3- morals off fight to the death no prep but they do know of eachother before hand

round4- just tell me who you think is more bada** and why. who you think is the cooler character

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well, since this is a random encounter and Batman has no preparations, John could just turn him into an ice doll. But that won't be easy trough, John will be very injured after the battle.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frocharocha:

Doesn't Batman deal with magicians all the time ? Like Zatanna

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 Batman, but it has happened before. Batman beat the crap out of at Constantine but Constantine made him look like a fool.

Round 2 Constantine by far

Round 3 could go each way Batman would sack the hell out of Constantine but Constantine is the master of improvisation

Round 4 Just go on google images and type in John Constantine. You do not need to read his comics to kow his badass.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@frocharocha:

Doesn't Batman deal with magicians all the time ? Like Zatanna

What XxGin said. The dude is on another whoe league. He was strong and smart enough to cheat on the demons of Hell and piss off beings like Lucifer who could just erase entire universes from existence.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SOG7dc

@frocharocha:

I have to disagree til I c some proof of this. and im relatively new to comics so I cant even tell u batmans feats aside from the new 52. so that's why iu made this forum so I could hear both sides from veteran comic readers

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@frocharocha:

I have to disagree til I c some proof of this. and im relatively new to comics so I cant even tell u batmans feats aside from the new 52. so that's why iu made this forum so I could hear both sides from veteran comic readers

John along with Swamp Thing battled The Great Darkness, which was on the same level of power as The Presence, also know as DC Omniverse God.John also asked the help of Zantanna to aid him agaisn't The Great Darkness:

While there, he commented that for people like he and the Swamp Thing, another supernatural crisis would be on its way. An evil South American cult called the Brujeria had raised an Invunche in order to facilitate sending a message that would raise a Great Darkness.[3]

With the Great Darkness' coming inevitable, John and Swamp Thing split up to recruit a force who could help them fight the evil off. John gathered many occultists and magicians including Zatanna and her father John Zatara; Mento; Baron Winters; Doctor Occult; and Sargon the Sorcerer.[6]

Batman has little hopes without preparation. John is too smart.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This battle has been done before. Please use the search function next time:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/batman-vs-john-constantine-552865/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/batman-vs-john-constantine-chess-680079/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/john-constantine-vs-batman-read-op-639569/

Anyways:

Round 1: Constantine

Round 2: Constantine

Round 3: intelligence is relative. Anything to do with the occult and magic would go to Constantine. If you need someone to read until his eyes bled, then you got Batman.

Round 4. Constantine stomps. Constantine was able to trick the Presence into reviving him. That feat alone trumps anything Batman has done.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This battle has been done before. Please use the search function next time:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/batman-vs-john-constantine-552865/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/batman-vs-john-constantine-chess-680079/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/john-constantine-vs-batman-read-op-639569/

Anyways:

Round 1: Constantine

Round 2: Constantine

Round 3: intelligence is relative. Anything to do with the occult and magic would go to Constantine. If you need someone to read until his eyes bled, then you got Batman.

Round 4. Constantine stomps. Constantine was able to trick the Presence into reviving him. That feat alone trumps anything Batman has done.

Indeed. He's just smart as Morningstar. Batman is no way close that smart. Heck, he doesn't need even to use his magic to fight.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SOG7dc

I disagree with you guys. I think youre all severely underestimating batman.he's the worlds greatest detective. he's outsmarted darksied. u guys are making it seem like he's just a guy wearing "hockey pads"

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@sog7dc said:

I disagree with you guys. I think youre all severely underestimating batman.he's the worlds greatest detective. he's outsmarted darksied. u guys are making it seem like he's just a guy wearing "hockey pads"

Constantine broke into the Bat-cave, KO'd Alfred and then tracked down Bruce and got into the Bat-mobile without Bruce having any idea how he did it. When it comes to smarts Constantine is a severe force to be reckoned with. Heck he even brought Superman to his knee's without saying a word:

No Caption Provided

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Frocharocha

@sog7dc said:

Constantine broke into the Bat-cave, KO'd Alfred and then tracked down Bruce and got into the Bat-mobile without Bruce having any idea how he did it. When it comes to smarts Constantine is a severe force to be reckoned with. Heck he even brought Superman to his knee's without saying a word:

No Caption Provided

And he gave problems to the mighest demons of hell who could just blow up the planet lol, he fought the frikking Great Ethernal Darkness and lived! The guy is smarter than Batman will probably ever be.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92:

not really impressed by what he did to superman. he used magic supermans vulnerable to magic. and breaking into the cave...that's impressive but im sure batman has feats like that as well....im just waiting for someone more knowledgeable about batman to help me out here

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@strider92:

not really impressed by what he did to superman. he used magic supermans vulnerable to magic. and breaking into the cave...that's impressive but im sure batman has feats like that as well....im just waiting for someone more knowledgeable about batman to help me out here

Sue Batman outsmarted Darkseid, defeated Predators and have back up plans to kill super heroes like Superman and Shazam. But c'mon, John job is to deal with high-omnipotent beings.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SOG7dc

@frocharocha:

if what all of u r saying is true then that pisses me off bro. like why would dc name one character "the worlds greatest detective" and create another character thts a better tactician and better at improv and smarter. I swear the more I learn about comics the more frustrated I get.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@sog7dc said:

@strider92:

Superman is not vulnerable to magic, he just has no defense against it. Same as Batman.

Here's the Bat-mobile and cave break in:

Batman admits in the last panel he has no idea how Constantine broke in. Its one thing to break-in its another to break-in and leave the best detective in world completely clueless as to how you did it. Constantine wasn't even fighting back here he just wanted to talk.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By ComicStooge

@sog7dc said:

@frocharocha:

theyre too small I cant read them

Click on them.

@sog7dc said:

@frocharocha:

if what all of u r saying is true then that pisses me off bro. like why would dc name one character "the worlds greatest detective" and create another character thts a better tactician and better at improv and smarter. I swear the more I learn about comics the more frustrated I get.

There's always a bigger fish, dude. Anyway, DC never made Batman the "greatest, smartest, most invincible tactician ever" or any of that.

Anyway, Constantine wins all rounds.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consatine all rounds.

Vonstantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John pissed on the Phantom Stranger's shoes.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By patrat18

John

Batman

John

Batman

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John pissed on the Phantom Stranger's shoes.

Batman punched the Spectre.

Vonstantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TylerDurden7272

When it comes to Badassery, not many people can top John Con. He just doesn't give a F*** because it's all too easy for him.

Avatar image for mohammed_alg_92
mohammed_alg_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman

because he is batman

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By renamed040924

@sog7dc said:

No Caption Provided

All he did was activate a protection spell, it shows how powerful his magic is but it doesn't really take much strategic talent or intelligence to think that plan up.

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Constantine wins all rounds.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By Transformers1024

Constantine

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Doctor

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iirc, John was prepped for his encounters. And the Cave had protections made by Zatanna. Making it more likely that John needed some prep to get through the defenses.

The strange thing about this battle is that there is no prep, and Constantine is the one who has had a long history of problems with much less than city level threats without prep.

And as far as being smarter than Batman, Constantine makes his own luck; making the idea of being smarter seem impossible to prove. Especially given how after several world saving feats he gets trashed by something minor.

Constantine is able to get away with absurd feats by reason of skill, smarts, and being a probability manipulator. Not by raw power.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iirc Constantine is not a raw power mystic powerhouse. Most of his best feats were based on outwitting legit magic powerhouses through knowing their rules and limitations.

Which means that Constantine would be a person who knew all manner of occult related things. while Batman would have an absurd knowledge of Comic book level super science and technology, with some occult stuff thrown in from his time with Zatanna.

But, Batman carries nth metal on him in New 52. A heavy wildcard.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Con is the man.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Homer_X
VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1-Constantine

2-Constantine

3-as somebody already said..intelligence is relative.

4- Constantine by a country mile

although i'm really surprised nobody has put this up yet.lol

No Caption Provided

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johnstern41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Johnstern41

John Constantine of course and in all rounds.

To VashtaNerada88, what's the writer and illustrator thinking? don't they know who john is?

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By algorhythm511

@senglord said:

Iirc, John was prepped for his encounters. And the Cave had protections made by Zatanna. Making it more likely that John needed some prep to get through the defenses.

The strange thing about this battle is that there is no prep, and Constantine is the one who has had a long history of problems with much less than city level threats without prep.

And as far as being smarter than Batman, Constantine makes his own luck; making the idea of being smarter seem impossible to prove. Especially given how after several world saving feats he gets trashed by something minor.

Constantine is able to get away with absurd feats by reason of skill, smarts, and being a probability manipulator. Not by raw power.

@senglord said:

Iirc Constantine is not a raw power mystic powerhouse. Most of his best feats were based on outwitting legit magic powerhouses through knowing their rules and limitations.

Which means that Constantine would be a person who knew all manner of occult related things. while Batman would have an absurd knowledge of Comic book level super science and technology, with some occult stuff thrown in from his time with Zatanna.

But, Batman carries nth metal on him in New 52. A heavy wildcard.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Constantine's feats are extremely inconsistent.

Johnstern41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxgin: what comic was that when he made batman into a fool

Avatar image for dukeofwestminster
DukeOfWestminster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this a match? Not even fanatic Batman fanboys who keep spamming every Batman VS discussion with 'BUTTMAN WILL WIN REEE' can vote for him on this one.

Round 1— Vertigo John is known for using illusions on daily basis. He could just create an illusion of him on a street light and watch Batsy bloody his knuckles before fucking him up in one of a thousand ways.

Round 2— Absolute fucking stomp here. John is known for his prowess with prep, and for being one of DC's most intelligent characters. While Batman is no mental slouch himself, House of Mystery grants John the edge. A really a big edge, tbh.

Round 3— Again, John.

Round 4— Depends on your preference. Batman's fight against the court of owls was really damn badass, but not to the extent of effectively blackmailing God/The Presence or fucking with the forces of hell itself.

Nishal_Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah john constantine might be a big badass . He could have done big feats like tricking presence . Even though I dont think it is tricking him . But you guys are forgetting one point . " HE IS BATMAN ". What other reason do you need ?

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nishal_prince:

yeah john constantine might be a big badass . He could have done big feats like tricking presence . Even though I dont think it is tricking him . But you guys are forgetting one point . " HE IS BATMAN ". What other reason do you need ?

Its not tricking him, it's convincing him.

Well John IS "CONSTANTINE"

Welcome to the Vine.

immortalmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

john wins as people here said. With prep or without prep john takes it. Whether its the synchronisity wave travelling , house of mystery, genuine magic skills or good old fashion trickery.

Batmarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All 4 rounds end in sex