• 81 results
#1 Edited by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. He lost his utility belt. But he has a batarang, combat knife, smoke pellets, one bat-bomb, and grampling-hook.

. He sees Jaws coming from 50 feet away.

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

He ends up riding his new pet shark.

#3 Edited by entropy_aegis (14219 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman killed a shark with his hands tied up,Bane casually tore one  apart barehanded.STOMP
#4 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14400 posts) - - Show Bio

Btas stabs the shark in the eye with the batrang  for the win

#5 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent: just to ask,hwo does this win the fight?
#6 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14400 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433:  Batrang is waht 5 to 6 inches long stab that into someones eye more than likely gonna have some minor brain damage also. not taht it really matter as it syas above bats has beaten shark before armed with less.
#7 Edited by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

we're gunna need a bigger boat ..........

batman wins

#8 Posted by cody1984 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

Jaws is no ordinary shark and should win this. 
#9 Posted by Ramtha07 (1291 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me get this straight, Batman is in the middle of the pacific with a 22 foot long shark coming at him...? He has a, um, batarang ... and still we somehow think he will win?

Sheesh, and we Wolverine fans are the puported unthinking fanboys in this forum :P

#10 Posted by entropy_aegis (14219 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ramtha07:
OH i don't know,maybe he's ALREADY beaten one with his hands tied up.
#11 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" He ends up riding his new pet shark. "
lol
#12 Posted by Nefarious (18648 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is going to have dinner tonight.

#13 Posted by Ramtha07 (1291 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis:
A shark with his hands tied up. OK... I'll buy that. It is comics afterall. And this is Batman.

But Jaws? A monster shark, in the middle of the ocean... 22 foot long shark that eats bullets and keeps on coming. With a batarang. Yeah. Tell me how he'd beat Jaws?

Batman is shark food.

#14 Posted by entropy_aegis (14219 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ramtha07:
Ok if you say so.I'm not really interested in this.
#15 Posted by nick_hero22 (6733 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman
#16 Posted by Ramtha07 (1291 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
"

@Ramtha07: Ok if you say so.I'm not really interested in this.

"

Listen, I'm not trying to be difficult here. I think I'm seeing clearly is all. To be honest, basic common sense says so. Even comic book common sense. Not me. If Batman had his utility belt and some tools, then now we're talking business. The OP's stipulations for this confrontation actually strike me as spite to be honest, as you're basically pitting a man (martial skills don't help him here) with a small knife, floating around in the middle of the ocean against a monstrous oceanic killing machine. It's simply not fair. Seems to me the OP is essentially fishing for all the Batman fans out there to show their loyalty for a giggle or three. 

But if you're not interested all of a sudden upon this fine point being delineated, then that's fine too.

#17 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously surprised no one said anything about Bat-Shark Repellant yet,

anyhow, As great as Batman is still human and humans aren't that fast in water Sharks on the other hand.......

Jaws easily

#18 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

if the bat shark repellent does what it is suppose he can win..    :l

ppl also forgot to mention the one time use taser suit.

by the way i side with the shark

#19 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
 I was about to state the shark repellent thing. Never mind

Anyway, Bruce has been in situations far critical than this and was able to get out with minimal to no panic. (Which I think is the main key to surviving this battle.)

Batman, can dodge bullets, I don't see why he cant dodge a shark that's speeding towards him. A simple dodge as the shark lunges itself forward is easy for Bruce, and maybe stab a batarang while at it and let the shark rip/cut itself open would be a nice sight to see.
#20 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm going with Jaws.
#21 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@lagoon_boy said:
"  I was about to state the shark repellent thing. Never mind

Anyway, Bruce has been in situations far critical than this and was able to get out with minimal to no panic. (Which I think is the main key to surviving this battle.)

Batman, can dodge bullets, I don't see why he cant dodge a shark that's speeding towards him. A simple dodge as the shark lunges itself forward is easy for Bruce, and maybe stab a batarang while at it and let the shark rip/cut itself open would be a nice sight to see.
"
you think he can move faster than the shark in the water?  O_o
#22 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking:  Of course not, but he sees the shark approaching from fifty feet away. Timing is the key here, not reflexes.
#23 Posted by Ramtha07 (1291 posts) - - Show Bio

@lagoon_boy:
Timing for what exactly? It's not a regular run of the mill shark here. It's Jaws. 22 feet killer. Soaked bullets, multiples, before getting killed. You can't possibly give a majority to Batman. So what he gets a good one in Jaws eye... he's still dead.

Don't get it here...

#24 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ramtha07:  There's a big difference in relying on speed and having the actual time to anticipate the attack.
#25 Posted by Ramtha07 (1291 posts) - - Show Bio

@lagoon_boy:
Agreed. But my point/question was... what is Batman, with all the timing in the world, with a simple batarang, going to do to a 22 foot long great white shark? The weapon is just NOT substantial enough to kill the creature.

Sharks have a weakness in the tips of their noses that weaken them. But at that size of shark, it wouldn't even notice.

#26 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84513 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
" @Ramtha07: OH i don't know,maybe he's ALREADY beaten one with his hands tied up. "

#27 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

batman pulls a shark repellent out of his arse then explode the shark

#28 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

" @entropy_aegis said:

" @Ramtha07: OH i don't know,maybe he's ALREADY beaten one with his hands tied up. "

"

that shark is a baby compared with jaws.
should have posted the scan with batman's boot motors for swimming..

i dont see bats using a chain here which jaws would snap
#29 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ramtha07:  Lets tackle your weakness point first.

I think, that no matter the size of the said species, a weakness is still a weakness. Also, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on my possible scenario. I had it going like this.

The shark sees a helpless caped victim underwater. The shark lunges itself towards Batman, being the master strategist Bruce is, waits for the shark rather than trying to out swim it. At the last second where the shark was about get a fancy meal, Batman sways to the side and stabs the shark in the side. With the shark's momentum, it rips itself open as Bruce still holds on to the batarang.

Anyway, this is just one of the many scenarios Bruce might possibly do. Fifty feet is a lot of time for Bruce to come up with a strategy.

Anyway. Dude, gotta hit the gym. Continue this debate tomorrow if your still interested.
 Thanks for the time!
  Peace! 
#30 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

i added some more equipment for Batman.
#31 Posted by Ramtha07 (1291 posts) - - Show Bio
@lagoon_boy said:
"

@Ramtha07:  Lets tackle your weakness point first.

I think, that no matter the size of the said species, a weakness is still a weakness. Also, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on my possible scenario. I had it going like this.

The shark sees a helpless caped victim underwater. The shark lunges itself towards Batman, being the master strategist Bruce is, waits for the shark rather than trying to out swim it. At the last second where the shark was about get a fancy meal, Batman sways to the side and stabs the shark in the side. With the shark's momentum, it rips itself open as Bruce still holds on to the batarang.

Anyway, this is just one of the many scenarios Bruce might possibly do. Fifty feet is a lot of time for Bruce to come up with a strategy.

Anyway. Dude, gotta hit the gym. Continue this debate tomorrow if your still interested.
 Thanks for the time!
  Peace! 

"

1. Batman sways to the side in time... underwater? Avoiding a monstrous gaping wide maw like Jaws? (Which was at least 6 feet across if not more).

2. Even if he were to move in time, the batarang would do little damage. Even if the blade were to run the length of Jaws, it would break skin and little else.

A regular shark, and I'll go so far as to say a great white shark, underwater, I'll give Batman a majority because, heck, I'm a fanboy. But Jaws? Can't do it.

Have a good workout bud... laters (sounds like a good idea)

#32 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84513 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"  that shark is a baby compared with jaws.should have posted the scan with batman's boot motors for swimming..i dont see bats using a chain here which jaws would snap "
I dont either. Which is why I didnt post it as proof Batman could beat Jaws, but in response to a specific post/question ;)
#33 Posted by Omarpool (6773 posts) - - Show Bio

If he lost his belt where the hell is he keeping that stuff? O_o

#34 Posted by Omarpool (6773 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and I say Jaws has a nice Batsnack.

#35 Edited by JediXMan (29541 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman WVSRBS

Now if someone can tell me what that means, I'll be impressed.

#36 Posted by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins

#37 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman gets a smoke pellet...yeah, that's gonna suck for jaws. That big open mouth might as well be a giant bullseye. Smoke pellet goes inside of his mouth and releases, thing chokes and dies.

#38 Edited by DMRxxASSASSIN (96 posts) - - Show Bio

yea thought i should through that in there
#39 Posted by Dark Zoom (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Jaws for the win, batman would be too slow, jaws is no normal shark either.

#40 Posted by Zubinen (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Most versions of Batman would turn Jaws into a fish fillet.

#41 Edited by entropy_aegis (14219 posts) - - Show Bio

For the record people Batman has this feature installed is his boots which accelerates his speed underwater(Hush).
#42 Posted by pooty (10796 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" Batman WVSRBSNow if someone can tell me what that means, I'll be impressed. "
Wins. Via. Shark. Repellent. Bat .Spray?
#43 Posted by JediXMan (29541 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:
" @JediXMan said:
" Batman WVSRBSNow if someone can tell me what that means, I'll be impressed. "
Wins. Via. Shark. Repellent. Bat .Spray? "
Excellent.
#44 Posted by flamingmuffin (387 posts) - - Show Bio

batman pulls anti-shark spray out of his....well you know

#45 Posted by Black_Kn1ght (270 posts) - - Show Bio

B-Man rules

#46 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ramtha07:  I don't see why that's quite unlikely. Batman has dodged bullets in regular showings. And even if my scenario won't work, it won't stop Batman from thinking of a plan himself.

I think it would do more than break the surface of Jaw's skin. Basing on the length, I think it can cut through about a good four inch, and that's just the start. How about, bleeding?
  I don't know how durable Jaw's really is, but so far, he just seems to have quite a will to get his meal. 

#47 Posted by The Stegman (23032 posts) - - Show Bio

didnt jaws die because they blew him up? one bat bomb down the throat is all batman needs to do and its bye bye Jaws

#48 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@flamingmuffin said:
batman pulls anti-shark spray out of his....well you know
#49 Posted by Transmetal (286 posts) - - Show Bio
@lagoon_boy
You do realize humans cannot move fast in or underwater. I am a scuba diver and this is fact. Batman may give Jaws a couple of battle scars from the knife and batarang, but he is getting eaten here
#50 Posted by Blood_guts (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

seeing as batman has no lightsaber he loses