• 77 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by MuyJingo (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman as the insider suit.

Tony has 1 week prep. Not knowing Batman will use the insider suit, but aware it is a possibility.

Fight takes place in Chicago. Morals on, characters make decisions true to themselves.

Who takes the lead?

#2 Posted by TheCannon (17895 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man.

#3 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

Done to death, Iron Man stomps all over Wayne. Given that Tony now has technopathy, stuffing Batman in a suit of power armor actually kind of screws him over harder.

#4 Posted by Reignmaker (2227 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins. Look at my avatar. This is an unbiased opinion.

#5 Edited by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that Iron Man should really be pitted against other power armour users post-extremis, it's something of an "I win" button against anyone with a vulnerability to hacking at all. Even people with superior suits to Stark's still get worked over by the Technopathy.

#6 Edited by Shawnbaby (10403 posts) - - Show Bio

Even without the Technopathy...the Insider Suit is no match for Stark Armour. Why give tony a Week of Prep when he already has the clear advantage?

#7 Posted by Batman1234 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins. I mean he took out Clayface and Cyborg Superman. Batman can use his EMP and KO Tony with ease. With tools and equipment in the Insider Suit, Batman has everything he needs to take out Ironman.

Batman wins 8/10

#8 Edited by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not think that any power suit below Culture Gel Suit level can beat Iron Man at the moment given how much he's been buffed recently.

And mind you, a Culture Gel suit could WTFstomp Kiloton per basic weapon shot, LOLhax precog, indestructible supersonic energy buzzsaw of death using, breaks kilo/megaton missile proof robots with her fists Samus Aran or solo everyone on the Death Star, including the wankiest versions of Vader.

And even I'm dubious about it defeating Bleeding Edge Iron man.

#9 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4880 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man stomps with ease

#10 Posted by TerryBogard2014 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan said:

Done to death, Iron Man stomps all over Wayne. Given that Tony now has technopathy, stuffing Batman in a suit of power armor actually kind of screws him over harder.

#11 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man stomps Bruce.

Bats is only chance is prep.

#12 Posted by MuyJingo (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's an instant win just because of technopathy. I wouldn't put it past Wayne to find a way around that, in which case Batman certainly has the advantage.

#13 Posted by Mediumguy (166 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be a better match if it was just Batman with standard gear Vs. Iron man instead of techno-suit Batman.

#14 Posted by Mirabel (1087 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo said:

I don't think it's an instant win just because of technopathy. I wouldn't put it past Wayne to find a way around that, in which case Batman certainly has the advantage.

No, no he really wouldn't. Show me that the insider suit is immune to hacking. Because if it's even a little vulnerable to it, Extremis will work it over.

#15 Posted by cooljammy18 (835 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing is indicated the Batman has prep like Tony in the OP. Tony is a genius himself with MANY resources and is competent at prep. With or without it, he would win against Bats in the Insider Suit.

#16 Posted by Mirabel (1087 posts) - - Show Bio

Like it or not, Tony is pretty much hands down the best individual power armour creator in fiction on average. This is of course discounting civilizations like the Culture who can get into even more "lol@physics" territory than Iron Man can.

#17 Edited by matmatxm8 (587 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan:

#18 Posted by Mediumguy (166 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooljammy18 said:

Nothing is indicated the Batman has prep like Tony in the OP. Tony is a genius himself with MANY resources and is competent at prep. With or without it, he would win against Bats in the Insider Suit.

That is a pretty big deciding factor, the prep time.

#19 Posted by cooljammy18 (835 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mediumguy said:

@cooljammy18 said:

Nothing is indicated the Batman has prep like Tony in the OP. Tony is a genius himself with MANY resources and is competent at prep. With or without it, he would win against Bats in the Insider Suit.

That is a pretty big deciding factor, the prep time.

So, I take it that you didn't fully read my comment and edit it at the last minute? :p

But yeah, Tony takes this because of the rules given in the OP and his obvious advantage over Bruce.

#20 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo: Does Batman get prep? If yes then Tony will have a hard time against the Prep King....

@Reignmaker said:

Batman wins. Look at my avatar. This is an unbiased opinion.

Look at Avatar also...dude...

@Batman1234 said:

Batman wins. I mean he took out Clayface and Cyborg Superman. Batman can use his EMP and KO Tony with ease. With tools and equipment in the Insider Suit, Batman has everything he needs to take out Ironman.

Batman wins 8/10

LoL~Batman wins 8/10 ... if he has enough prep time like a few months prep time. in H2H combat Tony certainly lose to Bruce, but in Technological battle? there is no way Bruce can beat a Techie like Stark...he built HulkBuster armor and Thor buster armor which based on a mystical robot in Asgard.

Bruce is the Prep King, a strategical mind, not a techie....he can't defeats Stark in Techs.

#21 Posted by MuyJingo (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

The insider suit can do things the ironman suit is nowhere near even being capable of. That is why I gave Tony prep, to even it out.

The thing to keep in mind is technosuits in the DCU are very different from in the MU, so it's hard to compare, but after comparing the ironman tech isn't a match for the insider suit.

The fact that it can tap into the speed force is enough for a victory.

#22 Posted by MuyJingo (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan: I didn't specifically give Batman prep, but I don't mind people giving him prep...just interested in the different answers.

I also want to point out, Batman built the Insider suit which is more advanced than any of Tony's suits, in far less time than it took Tony to build his most advanced suit.....

#23 Edited by Reignmaker (2227 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mediumguy said:

It'd be a better match if it was just Batman with standard gear Vs. Iron man instead of techno-suit Batman.

Yeah, I get the impression that a lot of people are getting hung up on the whole "insider suit" mention. It's like this is a match between Stark technology and the insider suit.

Just say Iron Man vs. Batman. Who wins? Deep down you already know.

#24 Posted by SteveRogers (411 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman just goes down!

#25 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo said:

@GodDamnIronMan: I didn't specifically give Batman prep, but I don't mind people giving him prep...just interested in the different answers.

I also want to point out, Batman built the Insider suit which is more advanced than any of Tony's suits, in far less time than it took Tony to build his most advanced suit.....

Thanks for the reply. I know very little about the insider armor, but how is the Insider suit is more advanced than IM suit? just compare their suit's power source for instance...Stark's suit is using clean and unlimited energy dude. And Stark with Extremis can easily hack into Insider armor...

#26 Posted by MuyJingo (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@MuyJingo said:

@GodDamnIronMan: I didn't specifically give Batman prep, but I don't mind people giving him prep...just interested in the different answers.

I also want to point out, Batman built the Insider suit which is more advanced than any of Tony's suits, in far less time than it took Tony to build his most advanced suit.....

Thanks for the reply. I know very little about the insider armor, but how is the Insider suit is more advanced than IM suit? just compare their suit's power source for instance...Stark's suit is using clean and unlimited energy dude. And Stark with Extremis can easily hack into Insider armor...

Just because Starks armor can easily hack into stuff in the Marvel Universe, doesn't necessarily hold true for tech in the DC Universe.

The Insider suit canrecharge by absorbing energy directed at it, can teleport, tap into the speedforce, mimic a green lantern power ring, go invisible, fly, shoot heat vision blasts...

I mean, I see Batman using the speed force to take the wind out of Tony, straight off the bat...

The biggest weakness of the Insider suit is it uses energy quickly....but if Tony keeps firing repulsor beams at it.....

#27 Posted by Tony_Shark (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@MuyJingo said:

@GodDamnIronMan: I didn't specifically give Batman prep, but I don't mind people giving him prep...just interested in the different answers.

I also want to point out, Batman built the Insider suit which is more advanced than any of Tony's suits, in far less time than it took Tony to build his most advanced suit.....

Thanks for the reply. I know very little about the insider armor, but how is the Insider suit is more advanced than IM suit? just compare their suit's power source for instance...Stark's suit is using clean and unlimited energy dude. And Stark with Extremis can easily hack into Insider armor...

Just because Starks armor can easily hack into stuff in the Marvel Universe, doesn't necessarily hold true for tech in the DC Universe.

The Insider suit canrecharge by absorbing energy directed at it, can teleport, tap into the speedforce, mimic a green lantern power ring, go invisible, fly, shoot heat vision blasts...

I mean, I see Batman using the speed force to take the wind out of Tony, straight off the bat...

The biggest weakness of the Insider suit is it uses energy quickly....but if Tony keeps firing repulsor beams at it.....

Repulsor energy is nothing like any DC characters have seen. It is a unique energy signature, saying that the Insider suit will absorb it is non-conclusive.

Also, The Insider suit is very overrated. It doesn't really have all those abilities, but it has mechanisms that were inspired by those abilities. It does not have anywhere near as many feats as Tony has in his Extremis/Bleeding Edge armor. You forget that Tony has INSANE durability and saying that Speedforce can take him out instantly is not very accurate.

Has the Insider suit done the following

1) Survived nukes at low power

2) Survived hits from God-like beings (Bleeding Edge has survived Thor, Worthy Grey Gargoyle, Apocalypse, Phoenix Force Cyclops, etc).

3) Can process information (battle info in this case, weaknesses, environmental scans, structural scans, etc) in literally 10ths of seconds.

4) Fly up to orbital speeds of 5 miles per sec (IM was able to catch Phoenix Cyclops by surprise by using his flight speed, and not a lot of character could do that).

5) Have access to all kinds of technology on Earth, and even some alien after analysis.

There are WAY more feats from Tony. Most of the Insider suit's tricks are not going to harm him, and it takes a lot more than just a few hits to take him out. IM energy recharges on its own. His suit automatically repairs, and so do his organs. He would keep shooting repulsors at Batman if he sees that he absorbs the energy. He's not an idiot.

Tony is too fast, too durable, too powerful for Bats in this suit.

Sorry, for the long message. It just bugs me when people make outlandish comments.

#28 Posted by MuyJingo (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tony_Shark: Interesting comment, thanks.

I'm not as familiar with the Bleeding Edge armor, so excuse my ignorance.

Still, the speed force should not be underestimated. It is FAR FAR faster than orbital speeds, it's fast enough for flash to pass through solid matter. What's Tony going to do when Bruce teleports him deep inside a mountain or using the speed force tears him apart atom by atom?

I think you are really underestimating the insider suit here. I think it is a much more even match than people are giving it credit.

#29 Posted by Tony_Shark (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo said:

@Tony_Shark: Interesting comment, thanks.

I'm not as familiar with the Bleeding Edge armor, so excuse my ignorance.

Still, the speed force should not be underestimated. It is FAR FAR faster than orbital speeds, it's fast enough for flash to pass through solid matter. What's Tony going to do when Bruce teleports him deep inside a mountain or using the speed force tears him apart atom by atom?

I think you are really underestimating the insider suit here. I think it is a much more even match than people are giving it credit.

Well, it only taps into a portion of the Speed Force... it is nothing like when Flash uses it, and no where in the same scale either. This also drains the suit's power tremendously, and it is a very short lived advantage. Even then, IM would play defense until he knows what the suit's capabilities are, or he scans it completely. His force fields are VERY strong, and I haven't seen anything that the Insider suit that can disable them. I'm going by feats alone. We can speculate all we want, but facts are facts.

Also, Iron Man has dealt with teleporters, phasing, gravity manipulators, reality manipulators, etc. He'd have a contingency for teleportation. However, I will say that I am assuming so it can always go either way. There are only a few environments that truly harm Iron Man though. The mountain scenario isn't deadly to him... He'd just blast his way out. Other suits have shown phasing capabilities (War Machine), so he could have access to this tech. After all, he does like to be on safe side of things.

I've done enough research on the Insider suit, and I've been following the Iron Man character for a long time now. I would give it to Iron Man 9/10.

Prep for Tony is honestly an overkill.

#30 Posted by MuyJingo (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tony_Shark: It doesn't matter if it is exactly to the same scale or that it uses too much power, it's a HUGE advantage that Tony can't defend against. If Batman slams Tony as fast as he can and then teleports him into the sun.....then what?

How would he counter teleportation tech he isn't familiar with?

#31 Edited by Tony_Shark (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo said:

@Tony_Shark: It doesn't matter if it is exactly to the same scale or that it uses too much power, it's a HUGE advantage that Tony can't defend against. If Batman slams Tony as fast as he can and then teleports him into the sun.....then what?

How would he counter teleportation tech he isn't familiar with?

That's all speculation. By all means, I can do the same and say that Iron Man could easily hack Bat's Insider (which is more accurate than your argument since he's shown MULTIPLE feats of hacking various types of human and alien technology far more advance than Bat's).

I gave my assumptions the benefit of the doubt.

Has Batman shown feats like this while using the Insider suit? No. In fact, Geo-Force gave the Insider suit trouble. I'm trying to find the thread in which this was pointed out. Geo-Force, btw, is not as strong as Iron Man.

Found it: http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/darkbird/insider-suit-batman-vs-iron-man/87-83972/

#32 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6936 posts) - - Show Bio

Its funny how people make outlandish comments about the Insider suit. Bruce has yet to do anything with it to suggest that he could beat Tony Stark with prep. Tony could easily remotely control his suits from across the globe, while eating dinner with Pepper. It would be like playing a video game to him. Also, Tony's technopathy would work against Bruce's suit. Whoever thinks it wouldn't just because he's from another publisher is stupid. Technopathy is the control of technology, Bruce's suit is a machine, thus affected by it. Might as well say that Braniac can't control Iron Man because Tony's suit is "different" technology, or that the Sentry actually has the powers of a million exploding suns. Bullshit is bullshit, whether by writers or fans. Please don't spew out nonsense. Thank you and have a nice day.

#33 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Its funny how people make outlandish comments about the Insider suit. Bruce has yet to do anything with it to suggest that he could beat Tony Stark with prep. Tony could easily remotely control his suits from across the globe, while eating dinner with Pepper. It would be like playing a video game to him. Also, Tony's technopathy would work against Bruce's suit. Whoever thinks it wouldn't just because he's from another publisher is stupid. Technopathy is the control of technology, Bruce's suit is a machine, thus affected by it. Might as well say that Braniac can't control Iron Man because Tony's suit is "different" technology, or that the Sentry actually has the powers of a million exploding suns. Bullshit is bullshit, whether by writers or fans. Please don't spew out nonsense. Thank you and have a nice day.

Agree.

@MuyJingo said:

@Tony_Shark: Interesting comment, thanks.

I'm not as familiar with the Bleeding Edge armor, so excuse my ignorance.

Still, the speed force should not be underestimated. It is FAR FAR faster than orbital speeds, it's fast enough for flash to pass through solid matter. What's Tony going to do when Bruce teleports him deep inside a mountain or using the speed force tears him apart atom by atom?

I think you are really underestimating the insider suit here. I think it is a much more even match than people are giving it credit.

How you know Tony wouldn't invent something that counteract the Speed force? On the battle field, it just only takes seconds for Tony to quickly scan through the whole Insider armor and find its weak spot. then attack it. Stark's technopath is the major concern for Bruce.

#34 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6936 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo:

Because its really in character for Batman to rip someone apart from atom to atom or drop them inside a mountain. Seriously do a little research before you respond. Everything you stated is ridiculously out of character for Batman. He doesn't kill and never ever uses his Insider suit. So I highly doubt the first thing he is going to do to Iron Man is use the Speed Force.

#35 Posted by TheSuperHuman (856 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lord_Johnathan said:

I don't think that Iron Man should really be pitted against other power armour users post-extremis, it's something of an "I win" button against anyone with a vulnerability to hacking at all. Even people with superior suits to Stark's still get worked over by the Technopathy.

#36 Edited by Count Bleck (777 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSuperHuman said:

@Lord_Johnathan said:

I don't think that Iron Man should really be pitted against other power armour users post-extremis, it's something of an "I win" button against anyone with a vulnerability to hacking at all. Even people with superior suits to Stark's still get worked over by the Technopathy.

Well a possible exception would be those who use steampunk suits, but I don't know of any steampunk power armor suits even remotely on Stark's level. That and those suits that have simply advanced beyond integrated circuits (Culture Gel suits) but again, not many of those exist in fiction.

#37 Posted by Shawnbaby (10403 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo said:

@GodDamnIronMan: I didn't specifically give Batman prep, but I don't mind people giving him prep...just interested in the different answers.

I also want to point out, Batman built the Insider suit which is more advanced than any of Tony's suits, in far less time than it took Tony to build his most advanced suit.....

That's simply untrue. The Insider Suit has no showings that put it anywhere near the level of any of Tony's More recent Armours. Go ahead...Prove me wrong. I dare you.

#38 Posted by The_Roman (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man takes this 7-8/10

  • He's a better engineer
  • He has a significant technological advantage
  • Damn technopathy should be able to give Bats a heck of a lot of trouble.
#39 Posted by Alice_Summers (1209 posts) - - Show Bio

#40 Posted by Cole_Mercer (214 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not too sure about this one. I can't see bats winning this one but at the same time i can't see him losing this one either. I'm gonna go with starks because i think he has a better arsenal of gadgets then batman.

#41 Posted by MuyJingo (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Its funny how people make outlandish comments about the Insider suit. Bruce has yet to do anything with it to suggest that he could beat Tony Stark with prep. Tony could easily remotely control his suits from across the globe, while eating dinner with Pepper. It would be like playing a video game to him. Also, Tony's technopathy would work against Bruce's suit. Whoever thinks it wouldn't just because he's from another publisher is stupid. Technopathy is the control of technology, Bruce's suit is a machine, thus affected by it. Might as well say that Braniac can't control Iron Man because Tony's suit is "different" technology, or that the Sentry actually has the powers of a million exploding suns. Bullshit is bullshit, whether by writers or fans. Please don't spew out nonsense. Thank you and have a nice day.

Its funny how people make outlandish comments about the Iron Man Armor. Tony has yet to do anything with it to suggest that he could beat Bruce Wayne with prep. Etc...

Even if Tony's technopathy works against the Insider suit, speed force would not give him a chance.

@Tony_Shark said:

That's all speculation. By all means, I can do the same and say that Iron Man could easily hack Bat's Insider (which is more accurate than your argument since he's shown MULTIPLE feats of hacking various types of human and alien technology far more advance than Bat's).

I gave my assumptions the benefit of the doubt.

Has Batman shown feats like this while using the Insider suit? No. In fact, Geo-Force gave the Insider suit trouble. I'm trying to find the thread in which this was pointed out. Geo-Force, btw, is not as strong as Iron Man.

Found it: http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/darkbird/insider-suit-batman-vs-iron-man/87-83972/

How is it speculation? Tony has never encountered the speed force before. How would Tony counter the JL teleporter? It's not speculation, it's basic reasoning. I'm reading that thread now though.

@GodDamnIronMan said:

How you know Tony wouldn't invent something that counteract the Speed force? On the battle field, it just only takes seconds for Tony to quickly scan through the whole Insider armor and find its weak spot. then attack it. Stark's technopath is the major concern for Bruce.

Tony has never even heard of the speed force nor encountered it....he is going in blind. His scans wouldn't necessarily pick up anything on the insider armor.

Keep in mind the suit has a camouflage mode, which may hide it from Stark enough that he couldn't get a fix on it.

@Shawnbaby said:

@MuyJingo said:

@GodDamnIronMan: I didn't specifically give Batman prep, but I don't mind people giving him prep...just interested in the different answers.

I also want to point out, Batman built the Insider suit which is more advanced than any of Tony's suits, in far less time than it took Tony to build his most advanced suit.....

That's simply untrue. The Insider Suit has no showings that put it anywhere near the level of any of Tony's More recent Armours. Go ahead...Prove me wrong. I dare you.

The onus is on you to provide corroboration, friend. Let me know when Tony makes a suit that can teleport, tap into the speed force and replicate a green lantern ring.

@The_Roman said:

Iron Man takes this 7-8/10

  • He's a better engineer
  • He has a significant technological advantage
  • Damn technopathy should be able to give Bats a heck of a lot of trouble.

Batman can counter technopathy, perhaps with the suits camouflage mode.

He does not at all have a significant technological advantage. If you really think he does, please elaborate.

Better Engineer is it, but is it enough? I think not.

#42 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mirabel said:

@MuyJingo said:

I don't think it's an instant win just because of technopathy. I wouldn't put it past Wayne to find a way around that, in which case Batman certainly has the advantage.

No, no he really wouldn't. Show me that the insider suit is immune to hacking. Because if it's even a little vulnerable to it, Extremis will work it over.

Preeeetty much anything is vulnerable to hacking.

Iron Man takes a dump on Batman in this thread.

If you want to make it even, give Batman a full file on current Tony including Avengers-only information, two weeks prep, battlefield is Gotham, and standard gear for Tony, while Batman can do anything he wants with his prep and resources. Then, it'd probably be Bats 7/10 times, but Tony might still give him a hard time. Seriously, it's not that Tony is better than Bats, it's just that they're two characters who are incompatibly challenged against each other in such a way that Tony would normally beat Bruce because Bruce functions on technology that Marvel geniuses like Tony are far past already.

It's a case of two of the same breed of dog fighting each other; they're both great, they're both good for different things, they both have different personalities, but pit one against the other, and it's all about who's in better shape at the moment of the fight, and right now, that's Tony by a landslide.

#43 Posted by MuyJingo (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: What makes you think Tony is in better shape?

#44 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6936 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo:

Tony has prep. Batman does not. Tony with prep means he has knowledge of the Insider Suit and all of its abilities. I love how your stating all the Insider Suit abilities despite it not showing anything near what it is stated, hence it suffers from the Sentry-syndrome. Also I love how you think technopathy can be stopped by camouflage. Technopathy means he can sense technology around him and manipulate it, like a mind is to a telepath. Hiding in a room wouldn't stop a telepath from sensing you anymore than camouflaging would stop Tony. Despite your attempts to make the Insider Suit look more impressive than it is, you have yet to counter my point. Tony with prep wouldn't even need to be at the fight to actually beat Bruce. He could be across the globe sitting in Stark Tower. Not to mention, it is out of character for Batman to do anything with the Insider suit. It would be erroneous to claim he would automatically start the fight with a blitz or teleportation. All the feats you have to suggest that Batman wins with the Insider suits are claims and speculation. Come back once you have legitimate feats to present. Thank you and have a nice day.

#45 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man takes this one.

#46 Posted by MuyJingo (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@MuyJingo:

Tony has prep. Batman does not. Tony with prep means he has knowledge of the Insider Suit and all of its abilities. I love how your stating all the Insider Suit abilities despite it not showing anything near what it is stated, hence it suffers from the Sentry-syndrome. Also I love how you think technopathy can be stopped by camouflage. Technopathy means he can sense technology around him and manipulate it, like a mind is to a telepath. Hiding in a room wouldn't stop a telepath from sensing you anymore than camouflaging would stop Tony. Despite your attempts to make the Insider Suit look more impressive than it is, you have yet to counter my point. Tony with prep wouldn't even need to be at the fight to actually beat Bruce. He could be across the globe sitting in Stark Tower. Not to mention, it is out of character for Batman to do anything with the Insider suit. It would be erroneous to claim he would automatically start the fight with a blitz or teleportation. All the feats you have to suggest that Batman wins with the Insider suits are claims and speculation. Come back once you have legitimate feats to present. Thank you and have a nice day.

It's interesting you use the telepath analogy. We know various things can stop or hinder telepaths...helmets, nanites etc. Yet for some reason, irrationally, people are doubting Bruce is able to counter Tony's technopathy?

Tony with prep does not, in anyway mean he has knowledge of the insider suit and all of its abilities. It only means he has time to prepare, it doesn't mean he has a complete understanding of what he is going up against.

I'm not trying to make the insider suit look more impressive than it is. I don't need to, it just is that impressive. And no, it isn't out of character for Batman to use the speed force or teleportation. What a ridiculous thing to say.

As much as you love Tony, he doesn't automatically win everything to do with technology simply because he is a technopath.It certainly didn't help in AvX.

#47 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6936 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo:

1. So somehow Batman is going to counter technopathy without prior knowledge his foes has that ability? Didn't know Bruce had precognition in that suit.

2. Read the OP. Tony knows that Batman might use the Insider suit, i.e. he must know about it. My point about Iron Man using remote control still stands.

3. You are making the suit more impressive than it actually is. I ask for you post some feats of it, knowing full well it doesn't have any. Bruce has yet to do anything with the suit suggesting he could replicate the abilities you state to the fullest. And yes, it is out of character for Batman to use Speed Force and teleporation, please name an instance where he actually uses any of those things, Insider suit or not. Pretty sure you can't.

I don't love Tony anymore than I like Bruce. I love how you bring up AvX, despite the fact the Phoenix is not a machine which can be manipulated, neither are the Phoenix 5. Batman wouldn't fair any better vs either of those than Tony would. Tony's feats in AvX pretty much trumps anything Batman has done with the Insider Suit, despite how bad the event was.

#48 Posted by MuyJingo (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf:

1. Fair point, I bring that up since people are saying Tony can somehow magically counter the speed force or teleportation.

2. I made the thread, pretty sure I know what I put in the OP. So he has seen it in action, but is not familiar AT ALL with how it functions. No way he can interface with what is essentially an alien technology. Happy to clarify.

3. I don't need to post feats, I posted specs and capabilities. Feats are hypothetical but implied. Batman actually has used teleportation fairly regularly in his capacity as a JL member. He used the speed force when fighting foes in the suit. What a ridiculous thing to say that it is out of character for him to use the capabilities of the suit he designed and built.

The reason I bring up AvX is because of Cerebus, which is a technology, yet Tony didn't/wasn't able to take advantage of it.

#49 Posted by Tony_Shark (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo: Your whole argument is based on Batman using a MUCH MUCH MUCH weaker version of Speed Force that would not be effective enough to even compromise his armor. I just listed a whole bunch of durability feats on Tony's part, and various feats of his displays of technopathy. You're only addressing the fact that Batman's suit can teleport, and use the mentioned weaker version of Speed Force.

Frankly, this SF showings (from the Insider suit) are nothing compared to Pietro from the Avengers. This is someone who Tony worked with on a daily basis, and, if you know anything about Stark (which you clearly do not), he's always planning contingencies against ANY possibility. That includes fighting his own team mates.

He's fought beings that Batman, with the Insider, would never beat. Hell, the Insider had trouble with Geo-Force. That alone should tell you the limits of that suit.

Iron Man's technopathy is no joke, and "cloaking" the Insider would not help (he's created armors with much better Stealth capabilities).You're truly underestimating Tony as technologist altogether. Even Doctor Doom has been careful around Iron Man's repulsor tech, and the extent of his technopathy. Doom would deal with the Insider is seconds.

However, let's say that he uses SF on Iron Man? Then what? Like I said, it is NOTHING like Flash's SF (who would win in secs). Nothing. It does not grant him enough power to even comprise the armor in any severe way. Again, Iron Man has survived Thor (twice), Hulk (even bested Hulk in some occasions), Phoenix Force Cyclops, Apocalypse, etc. These are foes that the Insider would never survive. Seriously. I know you're using reasoning, but you do not know enough about Iron Man's full capabilities. My reasoning makes much more sense.

Good luck with your reasoning.

#50 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6936 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo:

1. He may not be able to magically counter it, but that is what prep is for. He can utilize satellites and nanotechnology with his prep to cover his bases.

2. Tony has interfaced with actual alien technology before (Kree, Skrull, Shi'ar) and with Kang's technology (which is from the 31st century).

3. Bruce's Insider suit has yet to show it can call upon the Speed Force on the level equivalent to any of the Flashes. He uses to boost his speed and reflexes, but to level of a Flash, that I have not seen. Batman uses teleporation as a form of transport, I have yet to see him utilize in an offensive manner that you're suggesting.

I don't Tony really cared about Cerebra at all during the AvX arc. Sensing mutants are not outside his abilities, Tony has built machines to do that in the past, if a sentinel can do it Tony can do it better. Cerebra wasn't going to help vs the Phoenix five. The fact Tony was able to make a machine to harm the Phoenix, a cosmic abstact entity, is a pretty remarkable thing. Which goes to show, Tony with prep is a dangerous opponent. Also it should be noted that Tony built his machine in a span of couple of days (2-3). Picture what he can do with a week versus an opponent who is not a cosmic fire bird.