#51 Posted by mcballsnweiners (24 posts) - - Show Bio

People tend to use examples of people that Bat's has preped against in the past, but they fail to acknowledge:

  • Iron Man is one of the most genius minds on the Earth.
  • He has equal prep time.
  • He's fu$%ing Iron Man.
#52 Edited by Postacrat (514 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is my gripe, people seem to think that Tony is better for battle and planning because he's capable of creating things that are highly impressive and nearly perfect. Stark is a genius and his suits are very powerful, and the stride he has made for the Avengers is remarkable. However one fact that is being over looked is that batman is also capable of creating advanced weaponry to solve problems and is one of the brains behind the justice league. He's even responsible for the JLA watch Tower which could arguably be considered as advanced as Avengers tower. Batman lives in a world where physically there are ton's of hero's who dwarf him in power and strength, and despite this he doesn't make armor to deal with everything because he doesn't have to. He uses his body, ingenuity instincts, determination, mind, reflexes, stealth skills, gadgets, timing, martial arts, speed, resolve and whatever else he may need especially when preparing for this kind of a fight. I have followed stark my whole life and I know for a fact that he lacks the majority of skills that Batman uses everyday except for technology. Batman is regarded by Superman as the most dangerous man on earth, I just see a possibility for Batman to win, I'm not saying Tony couldn't but I think Batman has more of a chance than people realize.

#53 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat said:

Here is my gripe, people seem to think that Tony is better for battle and planning because he's capable of creating things that are highly impressive and nearly perfect. Stark is a genius and his suits are very powerful, and the stride he has made for the Avengers is remarkable. However one fact that is being over looked is that batman is also capable of creating advanced weaponry to solve problems and is one of the brains behind the justice league. He's even responsible for the JLA watch Tower which could arguably be considered as advanced as Avengers tower. Batman lives in a world where physically there are ton's of hero's who dwarf him in power and strength, and despite this he doesn't make armor to deal with everything because he doesn't have to. He uses his body, ingenuity instincts, determination, mind, reflexes, stealth skills, gadgets, timing, martial arts, speed, resolve and whatever else he may need especially when preparing for this kind of a fight. I have followed stark my whole life and I know for a fact that he lacks the majority of skills that Batman uses everyday except for technology. Batman is regarded by Superman as the most dangerous man on earth, I just see a possibility for Batman to win, I'm not saying Tony couldn't but I think Batman has more of a chance than people realize.

Your Argument is pretty legit...but you failed to acknowledge that Iron Man(Tony stark) is no ordinary man too.

The fact is that Tony has been underestimated by many people...

I can tell you that in Business, Manipulation, Diplomatic...Bruce Wayne wins Hands Down

because Bruce has shown to be more a perfect human then a perfect FIGHTER...

on other hand, Tony in real life is a total screwed up...

he is alcoholic, arrogant, and many other flaws...

but no doubt when it comes to Battles...Ironman wins hands Down

In Conclusion:

Iron man>Batman

Bruce>Tony

#54 Edited by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@zorheinduo: @Moon_Bat_87: wait if bats has access to things like allies and such couldnt he just use the toy masters knowledge to make a better suit or couldnt he just duplicate the blu beetle suit

#55 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio
@GodDamnIronMan: But doesn't the pen beat the sword?
#56 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: well, from human point of view, Bruce is our Role Model...

but in combat...

Bruce will be TOAST!!! by repulsor ray...

sure, he can dodge a bullet...but Repulsor RAY?! Ray?! can he move faster than light? I don't think so.

Of course you would say Tony don't react that fast...but it would not take long for Batman to run out of his energy...

And Batman's Homemade robot armor vs THE HULK BUSTER Armor?!

are you kidding me?!

#57 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87: You spent alot of time writing that

#58 Posted by Tony_Shark (489 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Postacrat said:

Here is my gripe, people seem to think that Tony is better for battle and planning because he's capable of creating things that are highly impressive and nearly perfect. Stark is a genius and his suits are very powerful, and the stride he has made for the Avengers is remarkable. However one fact that is being over looked is that batman is also capable of creating advanced weaponry to solve problems and is one of the brains behind the justice league. He's even responsible for the JLA watch Tower which could arguably be considered as advanced as Avengers tower. Batman lives in a world where physically there are ton's of hero's who dwarf him in power and strength, and despite this he doesn't make armor to deal with everything because he doesn't have to. He uses his body, ingenuity instincts, determination, mind, reflexes, stealth skills, gadgets, timing, martial arts, speed, resolve and whatever else he may need especially when preparing for this kind of a fight. I have followed stark my whole life and I know for a fact that he lacks the majority of skills that Batman uses everyday except for technology. Batman is regarded by Superman as the most dangerous man on earth, I just see a possibility for Batman to win, I'm not saying Tony couldn't but I think Batman has more of a chance than people realize.

Your Argument is pretty legit...but you failed to acknowledge that Iron Man(Tony stark) is no ordinary man too.

The fact is that Tony has been underestimated by many people...

I can tell you that in Business, Manipulation, Diplomatic...Bruce Wayne wins Hands Down

because Bruce has shown to be more a perfect human then a perfect FIGHTER...

on other hand, Tony in real life is a total screwed up...

he is alcoholic, arrogant, and many other flaws...

but no doubt when it comes to Battles...Ironman wins hands Down

In Conclusion:

Iron man>Batman

Bruce>Tony

I can see where you're coming from, but you aren't acknowledging Bruce's mistakes too.

He's incredibly paranoid, and completely unforgivable. As a human being, Bruce Wayne has just as many issues as Stark does.

If he did not, then he would have stopped being the Batman a LONG time ago.

Tony Stark isn't as 'arrogant' as many people think. This is actually more a front for others, if you will. However, he has learned to ask for help, and how to use other's strengths to his advantage.

Tony has always planned for every possible outcome, including the worst, and he knows his own weaknesses better than anyone else.

In combat, Stark's latest feat of prep was creating a cloud of microscopic of trillions of tiny repulsor powered hard drives. He created them ahead of time so that his team mates would be able to find him (he's been captive), reboot his entire biology (with a code he had installed MONTHS previous to this), and then use them as rain a trillion microscopic bombs on a single target. That was pretty impressive. Stark's ability to multitask much better than Bruce can is also another reason why Bruce cannot win.

#59 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tony_Shark said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Postacrat said:

Here is my gripe, people seem to think that Tony is better for battle and planning because he's capable of creating things that are highly impressive and nearly perfect. Stark is a genius and his suits are very powerful, and the stride he has made for the Avengers is remarkable. However one fact that is being over looked is that batman is also capable of creating advanced weaponry to solve problems and is one of the brains behind the justice league. He's even responsible for the JLA watch Tower which could arguably be considered as advanced as Avengers tower. Batman lives in a world where physically there are ton's of hero's who dwarf him in power and strength, and despite this he doesn't make armor to deal with everything because he doesn't have to. He uses his body, ingenuity instincts, determination, mind, reflexes, stealth skills, gadgets, timing, martial arts, speed, resolve and whatever else he may need especially when preparing for this kind of a fight. I have followed stark my whole life and I know for a fact that he lacks the majority of skills that Batman uses everyday except for technology. Batman is regarded by Superman as the most dangerous man on earth, I just see a possibility for Batman to win, I'm not saying Tony couldn't but I think Batman has more of a chance than people realize.

Your Argument is pretty legit...but you failed to acknowledge that Iron Man(Tony stark) is no ordinary man too.

The fact is that Tony has been underestimated by many people...

I can tell you that in Business, Manipulation, Diplomatic...Bruce Wayne wins Hands Down

because Bruce has shown to be more a perfect human then a perfect FIGHTER...

on other hand, Tony in real life is a total screwed up...

he is alcoholic, arrogant, and many other flaws...

but no doubt when it comes to Battles...Ironman wins hands Down

In Conclusion:

Iron man>Batman

Bruce>Tony

I can see where you're coming from, but you aren't acknowledging Bruce's mistakes too.

He's incredibly paranoid, and completely unforgivable. As a human being, Bruce Wayne has just as many issues as Stark does.

If he did not, then he would have stopped being the Batman a LONG time ago.

Tony Stark isn't as 'arrogant' as many people think. This is actually more a front for others, if you will. However, he has learned to ask for help, and how to use other's strengths to his advantage.

Tony has always planned for every possible outcome, including the worst, and he knows his own weaknesses better than anyone else.

In combat, Stark's latest feat of prep was creating a cloud of microscopic of trillions of tiny repulsor powered hard drives. He created them ahead of time so that his team mates would be able to find him (he's been captive), reboot his entire biology (with a code he had installed MONTHS previous to this), and then use them as rain a trillion microscopic bombs on a single target. That was pretty impressive. Stark's ability to multitask much better than Bruce can is also another reason why Bruce cannot win.

What did you mean by "Where did you coming from" ?...I'm from Malaysia, and my English sucks, I know.

Actually we both have the same stand point here, we both agree that Stark will win Bruce...but not by much.

Stark is a Pure Genius, a scientific genius...He born rich, enter MIT when he was 15. He was raised up in a much prosperous environment then Bruce.

Ya, I know Bruce is born rich too, but he suffered from the lost of his parents, then he trained all kind of skillls from all around the world.

(although Tony did lost his parents too by murder)

The point is, sure, Tony is Smarter than Bruce...(Pure Intelligence)

but when it comes to Experience in real life, Bruce take the lead...he has much more experience and more disciplined than Tony...

and he accumulate his experiences since he was 8...

so, I don't see why Tony has done better than Bruce in their real life.

#60 Posted by Tony_Shark (489 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Tony_Shark said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Postacrat said:

Here is my gripe, people seem to think that Tony is better for battle and planning because he's capable of creating things that are highly impressive and nearly perfect. Stark is a genius and his suits are very powerful, and the stride he has made for the Avengers is remarkable. However one fact that is being over looked is that batman is also capable of creating advanced weaponry to solve problems and is one of the brains behind the justice league. He's even responsible for the JLA watch Tower which could arguably be considered as advanced as Avengers tower. Batman lives in a world where physically there are ton's of hero's who dwarf him in power and strength, and despite this he doesn't make armor to deal with everything because he doesn't have to. He uses his body, ingenuity instincts, determination, mind, reflexes, stealth skills, gadgets, timing, martial arts, speed, resolve and whatever else he may need especially when preparing for this kind of a fight. I have followed stark my whole life and I know for a fact that he lacks the majority of skills that Batman uses everyday except for technology. Batman is regarded by Superman as the most dangerous man on earth, I just see a possibility for Batman to win, I'm not saying Tony couldn't but I think Batman has more of a chance than people realize.

Your Argument is pretty legit...but you failed to acknowledge that Iron Man(Tony stark) is no ordinary man too.

The fact is that Tony has been underestimated by many people...

I can tell you that in Business, Manipulation, Diplomatic...Bruce Wayne wins Hands Down

because Bruce has shown to be more a perfect human then a perfect FIGHTER...

on other hand, Tony in real life is a total screwed up...

he is alcoholic, arrogant, and many other flaws...

but no doubt when it comes to Battles...Ironman wins hands Down

In Conclusion:

Iron man>Batman

Bruce>Tony

I can see where you're coming from, but you aren't acknowledging Bruce's mistakes too.

He's incredibly paranoid, and completely unforgivable. As a human being, Bruce Wayne has just as many issues as Stark does.

If he did not, then he would have stopped being the Batman a LONG time ago.

Tony Stark isn't as 'arrogant' as many people think. This is actually more a front for others, if you will. However, he has learned to ask for help, and how to use other's strengths to his advantage.

Tony has always planned for every possible outcome, including the worst, and he knows his own weaknesses better than anyone else.

In combat, Stark's latest feat of prep was creating a cloud of microscopic of trillions of tiny repulsor powered hard drives. He created them ahead of time so that his team mates would be able to find him (he's been captive), reboot his entire biology (with a code he had installed MONTHS previous to this), and then use them as rain a trillion microscopic bombs on a single target. That was pretty impressive. Stark's ability to multitask much better than Bruce can is also another reason why Bruce cannot win.

What did you mean by "Where did you coming from" ?...I'm from Malaysia, and my English sucks, I know.

Actually we both have the same stand point here, we both agree that Stark will win Bruce...but not by much.

Stark is a Pure Genius, a scientific genius...He born rich, enter MIT when he was 15. He was raised up in a much prosperous environment then Bruce.

Ya, I know Bruce is born rich too, but he suffered from the lost of his parents, then he trained all kind of skillls from all around the world.

(although Tony did lost his parents too by murder)

The point is, sure, Tony is Smarter than Bruce...(Pure Intelligence)

but when it comes to Experience in real life, Bruce take the lead...he has much more experience and more disciplined than Tony...

and he accumulate his experiences since he was 8...

so, I don't see why Tony has done better than Bruce in their real life.

Captain America has "experience" in life than Tony, but that did not save from getting beaten by Iron Man. (except when he totally cheated with PIS).

The Sentry has even less experience than either of them, and he'd be able to beat them in a heartbeat.

#61 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tony_Shark: I didn't say Batman would beat Iron Man in a combat, but what I meant is other way around

I just said that Batman is a better person in real life than Tony is

#62 Edited by hudyman (1735 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok time to clear things up. Basically ironman is not as "smart" as bruce. he is intelligent but thats basically all, how can you say that Ironman is a better tactician than The Batman who has used his tactics to take on Gods,superhumans , etc The thing people always and i say always seem to forget is that bruce's batmobile does the exact same thing that tony's ironman suit does. It can shoot heavy weaponry, repulsers you name it. it can fly, it is made out of the same armour that ironmans armour is made out of (probably stronger) and bruce built that all himself. i seriously dont think people give bruce enough credit for his inventions. sure tony is great at building machines. but bruce isnt far off. and if bruce knows he has a year to prepare for the fight. Ironman should be worried. i mean bruce will spend nights, days working to perfect his plan.heck if he wanted to he could just break into stark industries and hijack tony's plan. He is The Batman for a reason. Havent you guys ever wondered why wayne industries is so rich and famous?.

#63 Posted by Postacrat (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tony_Shark: @GodDamnIronMan: I'll be replying to your arguments later on today after I get off of work, you all have good points but they are easily countered to say the least. However this gentlemen above me summed a lot of what I will be saying, I also will be posting up some Batman feats by matches Malone from his new 52 Batman respect thread as well. The old Batman was enough but I fear the new 52 Batman is just as advanced as Tony and has made some technological strides that are very much comparable to Starks.

@hudyman said:

Ok time to clear things up. Basically ironman is not as "smart" as bruce. he is intelligent but thats basically all, how can you say that Ironman is a better tactician than The Batman who has used his tactics to take on Gods,superhumans , etc The thing people always and i say always seem to forget is that bruce's batmobile does the exact same thing that tony's ironman suit does. It can shoot heavy weaponry, repulsers you name it. it can fly, it is made out of the same armour that ironmans armour is made out of (probably stronger) and bruce built that all himself. i seriously dont think people give bruce enough credit for his inventions. sure tony is great at building machines. but bruce isnt far off. and if bruce knows he has a year to prepare for the fight. Ironman should be worried. i mean bruce will spend nights, days working to perfect his plan.heck if he wanted to he could just break into stark industries and hijack tony's plan. He is The Batman for a reason. Havent you guys ever wondered why wayne industries is so rich and famous?.

Great point, simple and plain. Batman is being totally underestimated just because he's not flying around in flashy armor.

#64 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman: Has Bruce shown to have feats to have built an robotics armor in a cave with a box of scraps? while being captured by terrorist. I know when it comes to Detective skills and all other martial art, Tony lose. But for 1 thing I am very sure is that when it comes to combat...bloodlust especially, Ironman will kill Batman.

Can Batmobile flies at March 5 speed? Bruce need to change his car to jet when Ironman flies to the sky LoL.

#65 Posted by hudyman (1735 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@hudyman: Has Bruce shown to have feats to have built an robotics armor in a cave with a box of scraps? while being captured by terrorist. I know when it comes to Detective skills and all other martial art, Tony lose. But for 1 thing I am very sure is that when it comes to combat...bloodlust especially, Ironman will kill Batman.

Can Batmobile flies at March 5 speed? Bruce need to change his car to jet when Ironman flies to the sky LoL.

lol yes he has actually, but we all know that bruce would never have been captured by terrorists in the first place lol it would be the other way around.

And a bloodlusted batman is way way way more terrifying than a bloodlusted tony.

And actually you are very wrong here, have you ever seen batman of the future?. the suit bruce has there is probably even more advanced than tony's ironman suit. Dont even get me started with the batmobile in batman of the future. It can fly,go underwater,go into space ,shoot repulsers,missles you name it

#66 Posted by Journal (495 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman will probably find a way to take out Ironman. He's dealt with bigger Metalman problems than Ironman.

#67 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@hudyman: Has Bruce shown to have feats to have built an robotics armor in a cave with a box of scraps? while being captured by terrorist. I know when it comes to Detective skills and all other martial art, Tony lose. But for 1 thing I am very sure is that when it comes to combat...bloodlust especially, Ironman will kill Batman.

Can Batmobile flies at March 5 speed? Bruce need to change his car to jet when Ironman flies to the sky LoL.

lol yes he has actually, but we all know that bruce would never have been captured by terrorists in the first place lol it would be the other way around.

And a bloodlusted batman is way way way more terrifying than a bloodlusted tony.

And actually you are very wrong here, have you ever seen batman of the future?. the suit bruce has there is probably even more advanced than tony's ironman suit. Dont even get me started with the batmobile in batman of the future. It can fly,go underwater,go into space ,shoot repulsers,missles you name it

Were you talking about future Batman's Tech? I am pretty sure Stark's current armor can do the same thing you mentioned just now. Current Tony even have his armor inside beneath his skin...I can't imagine Tony's tech in the future,it's beyond my imagination.

#68 Posted by hudyman (1735 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan: lol Remember batman changes everytime he's not just bruce wayne anymore. The newer batman is incredibly smart and intelligent heck he probably is smarter than tony even not on the same level

#69 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

@GodDamnIronMan: lol Remember batman changes everytime he's not just bruce wayne anymore. The newer batman is incredibly smart and intelligent heck he probably is smarter than tony even not on the same level

oh really? You think current Tony's dumb? I am sure he's 10x smarter and faster(mentally) than Bruce is. With Extremis...He can sync with any electronic devices and obtain their information...Technically said, he is a walking computer.It keeps a complete blue print of the human body. When he's injured, he can just refer to that area of the brain to heal properly.It allowing him to process information at light speed on a subconscious level to help him better cope with the direct technological link he now possessed to his armor, even as his standard thought processes remained at a human norm. As a result, his brain, taking in more information than he could consciously process. So...will you re-decide who you want to debate for?.

#70 Posted by hudyman (1735 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan: that is pretty good ill give you that. But lets face it, batman has taken on opponents that make tony look like a 5 year old kid. He will eventually finish him off

#71 Edited by Alexander505 (2177 posts) - - Show Bio

Stark is a warmonger, Wayne no, that's why there are not enough feats where Batman uses powerful armor of war. However, I remember that Bruce has recreated robots with the same powers as members of the JLA. Batman can win against Iron Man, because he has the money and the intellect to do so, the difference is that Iron Man has more feats, because he is a warmonger. Wayne no.

#72 Edited by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman: So, you bring up the Tower of Babel huh....

Well, That's because he is using long-term strategy...Does JLA have 1 year prep also?No!....not a single person in JLA would expect Batman to make a plan to defeat every single one of them. Would you expect your friend to betray you?

In comic, we don't really see Tony prepare 1 whole year for an enemy, he just instantly ready and succesfully taken down all of them (Except Alcoholism).So, we don't really see how Tony will do when he get serious. If he knows Bruce is the one he will facing with, he would probably create another "Bat-Buster" Armor.

So, my point is, if you bring down a whole team with zero-preparation time and they didn't expect you to betray them...doesn't mean you can defeat a man almost as smart as yourself, and with same amount of preparation time.Period.

#73 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

ANYONE who says Batman wins is an idiot fanboy who's never read ANYTHING beside Batman in their entire life. ANYONE who said Batman needs to banned FOREVER due to mental illness and pure insanity.

#75 Posted by BZrad1063 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how eveyone assumes that stark is smarter than wayne just because of the tech he has built, knowing wayne has built close to the same thing and doesn't even use it. but thats all stark can do build and design his own tech he only has a PhD in 2 thing electrical engineering and physics all even give him mechanical and computer science but thats it where as batman has studied Biology, Technology, Mathmatics, Physics,Mythology,Geography &History he has Gained degrees in Criminal Science, Forensics, Computer Science, Chemistry and Engineering by the time he was 21 and gone to gained even more degrees in Biology, Physics, Advanced Chemistry, and Technology by the time he was 25 and getting even more impressive he has Expanded Device Pool use of personal powered armor and system, database creation on underworld crime bosses, rogue's gallery foes and other supervillains; improved material sciences for body armor and micro-machinery by the time he was 26. So he is clearly more than just a detective, and while tony may be smarter in 2 or 3 Philosophies and not by much, Wayne is a genius in a wider array of philosophies than stark which makes him ultimately smarter. And i also want to add that he also has one of the most advanced quantum supercomputer know to the dc universe with a database on every hero or villian known on earth and some out of earth the only computer said to rival his is the JLA's which has alien tech in it and even then he still can operate it and use some of that tech, i mean for christ sake the man created brother eye a hidden satellite that monitors all meta-humans heros and villans , and im pretty sure if he wanted to make an ironman suit he could it might not be as good as tony's but it wouldn't be to far off

#76 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all this an amazing scenario which has taken a lot of thought and effort. I would think that Iron Man does have the edge in this scenario still but this is certainly far closer than previous Batman/Iron Man fights. With a years preparation Iron Man has the superior technology when you consider he can work with allies to prepare. He can work with Reed Richards and cook up god knows what to fight Bats or eve

#77 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all this an amazing scenario which has taken a lot of thought and effort. I would think that Iron Man does have the edge in this scenario still but this is certainly far closer than previous Batman/Iron Man fights. With a years preparation Iron Man has the superior technology when you consider he can work with allies to prepare. He can work with Reed Richards and cook up god knows what to fight Bats or even ask help from Thor to get Asgard tech

#78 Posted by BZrad1063 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

lets not forget that batman is a Master of Disguise, who's to say he wont appear at the fight dressed as an old lady to see what he's up against just to see if he needs to adjust his plans.

#79 Posted by BZrad1063 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

As well batman had to fight his way through time in batman: the return of Bruce Wayne. fighting his way all the way to the end of time he even briefly gains omniscience so he can travel back to his own time. so with the fact that for a short period of time batman knew everything about everything. HE WINS

#80 Posted by funckygarcon (266 posts) - - Show Bio

i came here looking for one thing, that so far, no one has provided to settle this once and for all. unfortunately i didn't find it. let me first start by saying that i believe and have always believed that Iron Man would win in a fight against Batman. and if u don't know it. then you're lying to yourself.

the final point that should end this discussion once and for all is this:- Tony Stark doesn't give a FUCK !!

simple as that. Batman has his moral of not killing anyone, hell, if he wouldn't kill the Joker. he probably won't even think about killing Tony Stark. the same can't be said about Iron Man. he doesn't care about anything and would go to absolute maximum degrees to get the job done. if Tony gets a chance to kill Bruce, he will do it, cold hearted !! trust me

#81 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

the time you put into this.... it's good. I like this battle. Good job.

I mean, I could be a straight up Bat-fan and say with his year of prep, he'd just make an Insider Suit and use a mother or father box to power it up and call it that. But I see this going either way.

#82 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

@funckygarcon: Stop. Get up. Get out. Leave. Now! Never come back!

#83 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

batman has developed several high rech armored suits, examples:

he created this with the help of the justice league (justice league did the handwork only):

another example, a robot developed to battle a powered up clayface:

another power suit (though not very powerful):


the suit that the op showed:


the insider suit:

a suit that was able to oneshot metallo:

batman created a justice league robot army, obviously not as powerful as the justice league itself but they are still powerful seeing how flash can speedblitz, superman can fly, etc...

all of those suits are not on par with iron man's but i think if batman can get one his most powerful suits on and get the help of his jl robots he's gonna pull up a fight.

#84 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#85 Edited by comicace3 (6585 posts) - - Show Bio

Ughhh a well thought thread of Batman vs. Iron man. With Ironman STILL winning. Whats the point?

Oh edit: Batman has made very great suits so I wouldn't count him out this easily. He even made a suit that gives him great power like supes. One shotted metallo has my back on this.

#86 Posted by comicace3 (6585 posts) - - Show Bio

@society619: Not in H2h... I know what you mean but you said IM can beat Bats all the time but not in every scenario.

#87 Edited by bosshobo1 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man

#88 Posted by rainisizm (1 posts) - - Show Bio

What some may fail to realize is that Iron Man has the tendency to attack the problem in a linear manner. Need to defeat Hulk/Thor, build a special armor. Armor a hassle to put on? Make it scientifically appear out of thin air from inside bone marrows for convenience. That is, need a suit to tackle problems. Batman thinks outside of the box. He is not limited to a single strategy, even if it means fighting not as Batman, but as someone that will do everything to defeat the opponent.

Iron Man: We have a problem. We need to know every single Superpowered individual. Let us make them register!

Batman: I need to know everyone. I'll build a satellite.

#89 Edited by Gritterr (491 posts) - - Show Bio

someone please lock this

#90 Posted by weaponXftw79 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

In sports one side wins and one side looses. In fighting its is rarely that simple. Which is why most sport fighting has rules like the pinning the opponent in wrestling. To say Ironman wins STUF is wrong, I have heard of the ravid Batman fans who say Batman could beat the sun, and they are wrong too. This is about new ideas and expanding our creativity, so let's be civil guys. Having said that I think Batman could win.

One other thing Batman does expect his allies (they are not his friends, Batman has no friends) to turn on him, and his is not secretive about it. (In the Final Frontier movie, Batman references his purchasing Kryptonite to take out superman and buying matches to take Martian Manhunter out). It is a wonder to me that none of them saw it coming. I don't think Batman would allow Tony to make it a stand up fight with IM powersuit vs BM powersuit. One of the first rules of stategy is that if you think you are doing what your enemy wants you to do do something else. BM should lead IM through the city into traps set before and not to kill IM but to strip him of his advantages. Trufully though I don't see BM agreeing to these rules, but IM can't fight if Tony is unable to get to the suit or vice versa.

However another path they might go. The truest victory is not to destroy your enemies, but to make them your allies. And what makes allies better than a common enemy.lol (For the cheap seats team up with IM and take out the enforcers.)

#91 Posted by russellmania77 (15808 posts) - - Show Bio

#92 Posted by Superbot400 (420 posts) - - Show Bio

What some may fail to realize is that Iron Man has the tendency to attack the problem in a linear manner. Need to defeat Hulk/Thor, build a special armor. Armor a hassle to put on? Make it scientifically appear out of thin air from inside bone marrows for convenience. That is, need a suit to tackle problems. Batman thinks outside of the box. He is not limited to a single strategy, even if it means fighting not as Batman, but as someone that will do everything to defeat the opponent.

Iron Man: We have a problem. We need to know every single Superpowered individual. Let us make them register!

Batman: I need to know everyone. I'll build a satellite.

Really!? You guys didn't read WWH or Civil Wars if you think that Tony doesn't plan on a level like Batman. A lot of people underestimate Tony's ability to think, don't grasp how the character is actually portrayed in the Marvel Universe. There is a reason why Tony became one of the most manipulative, and scariest genius in the planet during Civil War

Civil War: In Civil Wars, not only did Tony knew from years ago from prior that Superhuman wars. He predicted that it was going to happen, and he was basically go to prepared for the war in henge site. He even knew that there was going to be a diaster that starts the madness. He was going to manipulate the entire Superhuman community into going into his plan to make SHRA. He forced Spider-man to register for his plans. He manipulated Congress to make laws that allows to force Superheros. He is the one who wanted the Superhero Intitative to exist from the first place. Tony was the one going to command the heroes, and so made himself become the Director Shield. He worked with Reed,

In the end he was in complete and utter control. He won. He was the Director of Shield, and he made the USA to do exactly what he wanted to do. Captain America could not stop Tony from doing his schemes.

In WWH: Tony was the one told the Illuminati to shoot Hulk in the first place. He is the one that had back-up plans if Hulk were to defeated Tony. It's in fact said a while go that Tony in fact knew that Hulk was going to come back. He created the WWH buster so that he was prepared for Hulk. His plan was to create a nano-tech machine that would removed Hulk's powers. He told She Hulk to gather gamma-powered villains to allow him to test this data . During that same time, Tony was planning on using that on Hulk. If that didn't work. Iron Man was going to destroy the city if Hulk was were to destroy the planet.

The point is that Tony has futurist mentality. He doesn't just build shit, whenever he felts like the world needs help he will force a solution to the problems. He is responsible for Marvel's earth being so much bullshit in for years.

#93 Edited by DarkCrawler (95 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman: In Battles like these when Bat-Fans, bring up the case of JLA Tower Of Babel, there is only one thing I want every batfan to admit. And the thing is, that DC characters have some particular object or some particular trait as their weakness( not Batman). For example, Superman fears Kryptonite and embraces Sun, Wonder-Woman with her neurotic obsession to win a fight. Green Lantern fears anything Yellow. Martian Man-Hunter could never go camping because he fears Fire. Aquaman Can't live without water. So you see that these things have been established to the reader as well as the characters way too long before Tower of Babel. Now that combined with Batman's research and study gave him that particular feat. But you need to accept that, such weakness do not exist in mainstream Marvel Universe.

And Just because he defeated JLA, that doesnt mean in any sense that he would be able to find out those uncommon weakness and would be able to research upon Tony Stark, while Tony would be doing his own efforts to not to expose his weakness if any. So this JLA defeat argument is invalid in Marvel Universe.

#95 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man takes. smart AND has the suit

#96 Posted by WALLCRAWLER (124 posts) - - Show Bio

One year prep time that's hard to decide I think ironman could win this battle cause he could make a really powerfull armour that could stop batman

#97 Edited by lilipops (4 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man would most probably win, but if batman was ready and stuff and brought a lead batarang, tipped with titanium, and threw it straight into the arc reactor, the lead would drain the energy but a significant amount and then batman could use those electric shock thingys straight onto the back of ironman's neck which would knock him out due to the high conductibility of an titanium and gold alloy armor, then bats would win. however, iron man could just fly to a high distance in which batman could not, radar scan him, zoom towards him at high velocity, the momentum of the punch when he hits batman could shatter his ribs and maybe even crack his skull, but batman would not be dead......just retarded when he wakes up

#98 Posted by Tappaz (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this fight is a lot closer than most people care to think. Given the prep time and number of resources that each side is available to, one must also consider that the same rules apply to both Universes. Access to the same 'lore'. I mean Stark could simply just go "Hey Thor...." BOOM goes Bats. Also having access to countless number of Avengers and Marvel characters. Then on the same hand Batman has access to as an equally powerful god like ally in Superman which would smoke 99% of most the Marvel Universe, but given the fact that's not in his nature it still doesn't mean it isn't possible. But then that becomes a Marvel vs DC fight... given that each may have access to allies and their resources just makes the fight invalid. Not sure why people are bringing that up? It's not really the spirit of what this fight would be about. Given all each others resources, this fight turns into a preposterous calamity of endless possibilities and endings. Cool fan fiction, but not valid in this fight.

If we take "Allies" out of the equation and its purely mano-a-mano and their own immediate resources and intelligence, then I'd have to say more often than not Iron Man will win. His tech is far more superior and is much more adaptable given the circumstance. Batman will put up one heck of a fight though. I'm by no means an Iron Man fan boy, he is definitely my favourite Marvel hero but not my favourite "Super Hero".

#99 Edited by Waveslasher (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@moon_bat_87: iron man is on the avengers and the avengers has had all the powerful heroes in the marvel universe. Basicly he has the highest powered heroes of the marvel universe for back up ( thor,hulk,captain america, spider man, spider women, red hulk ,Luke cage, iron fist and war machine.

#100 Posted by Waveslasher (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man has been trained in hand to hand combat by captain america