#1 Posted by DigitalShooter9 (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 versions

They get 1 week prep

Gl ring is fully charged

Batman has access to his contingency plans.

Fight takes place in gotham city, crime alley at night with rain.

Fight untill Death or KO

Bloodlusted.

Please give reasons instead of simply saying curbstom or other bs like that for any of the characters.

#2 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't see what Batman can do to Green Lantern. Those "contingency" plans are just that: Plans. How do we know for certain that those plans for work? It's the same with Batman vs Superman, we have NO proof that it would work for him.

#3 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

This fight would be entirely hypothetical because we don't know what Batman's contingency plan for GL is. It's all up for speculation.

#4 Posted by RBT (4082 posts) - - Show Bio

In Towel of Babel, Ras Al Ghul made Kyle believe that he was blind using his ring when he's sleeping. So unless Hal can remain awake for 7 days, Batman wins.

#5 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

This fight would be entirely hypothetical because we don't know what Batman's contingency plan for GL is. It's all up for speculation.

We know what it is. Tower of Babel shows what it is. I think the better question is can Batman successfully execute it? Because we all know (except Batwankers apparently) that planning is one thing. Execution is another.

#6 Posted by Skit (2327 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: When they where explaining the plans, it particular about it working on Kyle because he was an artist.

#7 Edited by RBT (4082 posts) - - Show Bio

@skit I know. I'm just saying that he could make Hal believe anything using his ring while he sleeps. Like that Hal cannot use the ring(like he did in the Justice League Doom movie) or anything like that.

#8 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

We know what it is. Tower of Babel shows what it is. I think the better question is can Batman successfully execute it? Because we all know (except Batwankers apparently) that planning is one thing. Execution is another.

The OP states that these are New 52 versions. Using the Tower of Babel plan is a baseless argument. Not to mention that the Babel contingency was for Kyle, not Hal (whether it works on all GLs is another argument entirely).

#9 Posted by Immortal777 (6884 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman does his ninja Batman thing and just takes off Hal's ring again then one shots him.

#10 Edited by DigitalShooter9 (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: I belive batman can also use a flashbang to blind hal(im not sure if he ever did something like that though) But from what I know, hal cannot create constructs unless he could see. So if batman can plan a way that GUARANTEES to blind hal, then he can just remove his ring. Then hal wouldnt stand a chance. I can picture it going either way though.

#11 Posted by Skit (2327 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: PHS doesn't work on everybody and even then the amount it affects varies greatly.JL Doom, a whole entire event was set up(unless Bruce has a small army of robot/cyborgs I don't think he can replicate this),Hal got sprayed with fear gas then got told to feel bad by Star Sapphire(who I think has a greater influence than Bruce).Anyways it goes against the unwritten prep rules(attacking or affect the enemy pre battle,other wise Half could just chain Batman up the whole prep time then throw him into space when the battle starts).

#12 Posted by DigitalShooter9 (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

@skit: batman has an army of batbots if it makes any difference. And I dont see how hal will throw bruce into the space if everything goes according to bruces plan. Hal needs constructs to be able to do anything to batman. He cant create constructs if he couldnt see. Batmans plans involve getting hal blinded, then taking his ring. So if bruce can execute his plan with success, he curbstomps gl since hal is no match to him in a normal fist fight. But if Hal can out-smart bruce and foil his plan(which i believe

isnt going to happen) Then he stomps bruce.

#13 Posted by Skit (2327 posts) - - Show Bio

@digitalshooter9: Unless those bat bots look exactly like a normal group of humans and Half is tricked into killing and believing they're real people than no(plus get sprayed with fear gas and convinced he did a no no).The trowing into space thing was to prove a point that you can't attack or incapacitate the other opponent during prep time.Batman using PHS falls under that.Anyways unlike Kyle,Half can still use his ring even if blind.GL rings have an auto fire function so there's that too.

#14 Posted by RBT (4082 posts) - - Show Bio

@skit said:

@rbt: PHS doesn't work on everybody and even then the amount it affects varies greatly.JL Doom, a whole entire event was set up(unless Bruce has a small army of robot/cyborgs I don't think he can replicate this),Hal got sprayed with fear gas then got told to feel bad by Star Sapphire(who I think has a greater influence than Bruce).Anyways it goes against the unwritten prep rules(attacking or affect the enemy pre battle,other wise Half could just chain Batman up the whole prep time then throw him into space when the battle starts).

From what I gathered from Tower of Babel, the ring makes the user what he thinks he is(blind). So, if Hal thinks he's crazy or he thinks he is no longer worthy of ring, he won't be able to use it.

Fear Toxin won't be a problem for Batman to get. Hal has never shown resistance to it(or has he?)Also Bruce can make it way more deadly. When Hal was exposed to effects of yellow colour ring, he saw his father die over again. He CAN fight the effects of gas, but it won't be instantaneous. Bats doesn't need much time. Fight is in Gotham. All Batman has to do is infect the crime alley with fear toxin and keep people out of there(he has various ways). He won't care much about citizens getting affected since he's bloodlusted(killing Hal will be his main goal). Hal will get affected the second he gets there. Fear is Hal's biggest enemy. He won't be able to do anything while Bruce snaps his neck. I'm not saying that Hal has no shot at wiining this. Odds are probably in his favour. But Batman has proved to win against odds.

Without prep. Hal will win most of the time. With 1 week prep. and giving him home advantage, Bruce might be able to pull off a win here.

@rbt: I belive batman can also use a flashbang to blind hal(im not sure if he ever did something like that though) But from what I know, hal cannot create constructs unless he could see. So if batman can plan a way that GUARANTEES to blind hal, then he can just remove his ring. Then hal wouldnt stand a chance. I can picture it going either way though.

I'm not so sure that Batman CAN remove his ring though. A guardian(I think) tried to remove a ring and blew his hands in the process.

#15 Posted by DigitalShooter9 (1487 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Skit (2327 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: The thing with Kyle is, unlike most GL's he doesn't have a uber amazing will.He draws his power from his creativity and in a lot if issues during the 90s it really showed(he seemed down right Emo some times).Half on the other hand has his plot device level will power.In JL Doom the fact that he thought he killed a group of civilians and getting sprayed with fear toxin wasn't even enough to make him give up his ring.While fear is sort of a weakness still,it's one Hal overcomes regularly.Half even beat the yellow weakness.

Sorry about the messyness of this post,I'm trying to do this from my phone.

#17 Edited by dondave (34429 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal ftw

#18 Posted by SheenLantern (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: You think Batman beats anyone, don't you..?

#19 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

This depends... I know Hal's ring is fully charged, but is he already wearing it when the fight starts? :P

Batman loses either way.

#20 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19998 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman STOMPS via yellow batsuit and yellow batarangs!

#21 Posted by comic_book_fan (5257 posts) - - Show Bio

batman wins he will disarm gl.

#22 Edited by RBT (4082 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: You think Batman beats anyone, don't you..?

I don't even know how you got this idea. Had you bothered to read my post you would've seen that I didn't use words like "stomp", "ftw", "doesn't even bother to look at him", "laughs at him", "curbstomps" and all other words you'd see from a fanboy(or a Batwanker(where's are the mods?)). Rather than targeting me(which you did), why don't you counter my argument like a normal person would do?

@skit said:

@rbt: The thing with Kyle is, unlike most GL's he doesn't have a uber amazing will.He draws his power from his creativity and in a lot if issues during the 90s it really showed(he seemed down right Emo some times).Half on the other hand has his plot device level will power.In JL Doom the fact that he thought he killed a group of civilians and getting sprayed with fear toxin wasn't even enough to make him give up his ring.While fear is sort of a weakness still,it's one Hal overcomes regularly.Half even beat the yellow weakness.

Sorry about the messyness of this post,I'm trying to do this from my phone.

Kyle is not as good as Hal. I know. But the thing is Hal was affected by the yellow rings' power. And this will be completely different thing. Even if Hal hesitates for a few second, Batman is fast enough to close in and snap his neck. Or send a batarang hurling to his direction. Hal is as durable as a human. Batman in character might not be able to win this battle using this scenario since he'll be too worried about citizen's security. Being bloodlusted, he won't hesitate in sending a exploding batarang on Hal.

I know it wasn't enough to get him to give up his ring. But Batman doesn't need him to give his ring up. Hal was sitting and wallowing after everything happened in JL Doom. Batman needs just a second to end him.

Again, agreed. Hal does overcome fear regularly. But he's not immune to it. He'll feel the fear, fight through it, and resurface. This is a very long time of vulnerability. Especially when he's standing against Batman during a battle to death.

I'm saying this again. This is not a stomp. Neither in favour of Batman, nor in favour of Hal.

#23 Posted by RBT (4082 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman STOMPS via yellow batsuit and yellow batarangs!

I thought yellow in no longer a weakness of strong GLs.

#24 Posted by SheenLantern (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: You used the argument that someone who isn't Batman did something to someone who isn't Hal Jordan and said that's the reason Batman beats Hal Jordan. Doesn't seem like much of an argument to me.

#25 Posted by RBT (4082 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: You used the argument that someone who isn't Batman did something to someone who isn't Hal Jordan and said that's the reason Batman beats Hal Jordan. Doesn't seem like much of an argument to me.

Yeah. I use this argument because someone who's not as smart as Batman, stole Batman's plan(because he was not smart enough to come up with his own) and rendered a Green Lantern useless using his own ring(which, coincidentally , even Hal Jordan wears). This does seem like a legit argument to me.

#26 Posted by SheenLantern (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: I'd say Pre-52 R'as Al Ghul is a lot smarter than New-52 Batman.

#27 Posted by RBT (4082 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern You did not say that. Ras Al Ghul is not even the most intelligent villian of Batman. That honour belongs to Bane or Riddler. Heck, Crane is probably smarter(I'm not saying intelligent) than him.

#28 Edited by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@sheenlantern You did not say that. Ras Al Ghul is not even the most intelligent villian of Batman. That honour belongs to Bane or Riddler. Heck, Crane is probably smarter(I'm not saying intelligent) than him.

Hahaha. That's amusing. Ra's is far smarter than those three.

He was the one who was able to steal Batman's contingency plans and initiate the Tower of Babel event.

#29 Edited by russellmania77 (14566 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat kick

#30 Posted by RBT (4082 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

He was the one who was able to steal Batman's contingency plans and initiate the Tower of Babel event.

And that makes him smarter than Batman? I mean, someone worked his butt off to make a plan. I steal it and execute it. That makes me smarter than him? Nice logic. I'm being sarcastic.

#31 Posted by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@mattersuit said:

@rbt said:

And that makes him smarter than Batman? I mean, someone worked his butt off to make a plan. I steal it and execute it. That makes me smarter than him? Nice logic. I'm being sarcastic.

If you actually read my comment you'll see that it doesn't say what you think it says.

#32 Posted by RBT (4082 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@mattersuit said:

@rbt said:

If you actually read my comment you'll see that it doesn't say what you think it says.

you- He was the one who was able to steal Batman's contingency plans and initiate the Tower of Babel event.

me- I mean, someone worked his butt off to make a plan. I steal it and execute it. That makes me smarter than him?

I honestly can't see the difference. Enlighten me.

#33 Edited by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@mattersuit said:

@rbt said:

@mattersuit said:

@rbt said:

you- He was the one who was able to steal Batman's contingency plans and initiate the Tower of Babel event.

me- I mean, someone worked his butt off to make a plan. I steal it and execute it. That makes me smarter than him?

Read my comment again. Ra's is smarter than Bane, Scarecrow and Riddler.

I never said he's smarter than Batman. Although that argument could be made.

#34 Posted by RBT (4082 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@mattersuit said:

@rbt said:

@mattersuit said:

@rbt said:

Read my comment again. Ra's is smarter than Bane, Scarecrow and Riddler.

I never said he's smarter than Batman. Although that argument could be made.

Ok. Scarecrow. I get it. Bane and Riddler. Nope. Ras stole the plans, not because he's smarter. But because he knew Batman better than Bane or Riddler. He knew that Batman is paranoid enough to have something like this in his batcomputer or wherever he stole it from. He was able to execute it because he had resources. Give those resources to Bane, he'll be able to execute plans just fine. With some creative tweaks as well.

But this argument doesn't belong here. I thought you said Ras is smarter than Bruce, that's why I said it. My bad. I got confused between what you and what @sheenlantern said.