Batman vs Goku (Martial Arts)

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pfcoolio15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pfcoolio15

This fight will be purely hand to hand. No gadgets or chi blasts on either side.

No Super speed, super strength, super jumps. Nothing Super human. Just pure martial arts prowess.

I repeat, there will be no super speed punching and moving around so fast you can't see it.

The combat will be grounded, realistic, and human.

Who wins?

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImmortalT1000

Batman.... He knows to much more Martial Arts styles than Goku does I believe.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Pfcoolio15 said:

This fight will be purely hand to hand. No gadgets or chi blasts on either side.

No Super speed, super strength, super jumps. Nothing Super human. Just pure martial arts prowess.

I repeat, there will be no super speed punching and moving around so fast you can't see it.

The combat will be grounded, realistic, and human.

Who wins?

No Repeat Battles/Use the Search Function

We have a search function now which can be used to search for past battles, for more information on this please see the battle forum FAQ . If you want to see who would win a fight, check if we’ve already discussed it. If we have and you have something to say about the outcome that’s been reached, don’t be afraid to bump the thread, but don’t make a new one when one already exists. Our search tool should give you everything you need, but if for some reason it doesn’t, the recap thread is another place you can look for old fights and Google can be used to search CV. Dupe threads will be locked.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku. Goku is the best martial artist in his respective galaxy.

Batman isn't even close to being the best in his country.

Pfcoolio15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pfcoolio15

@Ancient_0f_Days: I searched, they did do battles, but not similar to this one. Usually something like batman gets a robot suit and goku still gets to keep his powers. Or he gets like 6 years of prep to fight a super saiyan 3 goku. This is no powers whatsoever.

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman's matial arts VS the best martial artist in fiction !!!

sigh....

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Pfcoolio15 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: I searched, they did do battles, but not similar to this one. Usually something like batman gets a robot suit and goku still gets to keep his powers. Or he gets like 6 years of prep to fight a super saiyan 3 goku. This is no powers whatsoever.

You made this battle twice.....*facepalm*

No Repeat Battles

Avatar image for cerberusprime3k
CerberusPrime3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CerberusPrime3k

@Pfcoolio15 said:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/batman-vs-goku/730633/

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CalebHara

Batman easily. He has much better skill showings than Goku.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KnightRise

@soaringturkeys said:

This is just so wrong

Pfcoolio15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pfcoolio15

@Ancient_0f_Days: Oh sorry, I don't know, it just does that sometimes.

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImmortalT1000

@CalebHara said:

Batman easily. He has much better skill showings than Goku.
MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By MethoKi

Batman knows 127. I haven't seen anything that states how many forms Goku knows.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Pfcoolio15 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Oh sorry, I don't know, it just does that sometimes.

And.

@CerberusPrime3k said:

@Pfcoolio15 said:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/batman-vs-goku/730633/

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NeonGameWave

Batman is more diverse when it comes to the actual skill of martial arts but I believe Goku to be the better fighter in regards to sheer combat skill and ability. I think Goku would win but it would be very close.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KnightRise said:

@soaringturkeys said:

This is just so wrong

Why is it so wrong? Which part of the two segments are wrong?

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ImmortalT1000

My Feelers are telling me this thread is going to get locked.

Avatar image for onevision_onepurpose
OneVision_OnePurpose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Goku is losing, he pulls out a new form of Super Saiyan or a spirit bomb out. Nothing to do with martial arts. When it comes to "innovation" in the field of martial arts, Goku's finest addition is catching someone by the tail/a cloak/jacket, spinning them around and throwing them. When do his fights ever come down to "I wonder whom is the better fighter?"

If Goku is more powerful, he wins via utterly dominating his opponent with his newly revealed attack/transformation. If Goku is weaker, he has a dramatic moment where he reaches down deep inside and finds enough energy to pull off a kamehameha or a spirit bomb and wins the day.

Batman actually fights with his hands in an important way. Not to mention he is a confirmed master of many form of combat, horrific stomp in his favour.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BlueComet

@Batman242 said:

Batman knows 127. I haven't seen anything that states how many forms Goku knows.

Quality > Qauntity

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MethoKi

@BlueComet: Isn't that only because all of Goku's hits have all the super strength behind 'em? I could be wrong. There never was anything showing he has that much. I say Batman wins.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BlueComet

@Batman242 said:

@BlueComet: Isn't that only because all of Goku's hits have all the super strength behind 'em? I could be wrong. There never was anything showing he has that much. I say Batman wins.

Of course he doesn't know that many Martial arts that's why said "Quality > Quantity". Goku's a natural born fighter with over 50 years of extensive training and being a saiyan he instantly adapts to any fighting style thrown at him. That's why he wins.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KnightRise

@BlueComet said:

@Batman242 said:

Of course he doesn't know that many Martial arts that's why said "Quality > Quantity". Goku's a natural born fighter with over 50 years of extensive training and being a saiyan he instantly adapts to any fighting style thrown at him. That's why he wins.

When has Goku shown any technical skill or style? That last sentence is purely speculative.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MethoKi

@BlueComet: @KnightRise said:

@BlueComet said:

@Batman242 said:

When has Goku shown any technical skill or style? That last sentence is purely speculative.

This

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this thread is so hilarious !!! how could Batcy hurt someone who since childhood has bulletproof and axe-resistence durability ???????

Batman after 5 seconds :

Batman after 1 minute :

Batman after 1 hour

Avatar image for azathoth_the_dread_sleeper
Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@All_Mighty_Beyonder said:

this thread is so hilarious !!! how could Batcy hurt someone who since childhood has bulletproof and axe-resistence durability ???????

Batman after 5 seconds :

Batman after 1 minute :

Batman after 1 hour

Read the OP again.

Superhuman features are NOT allowed in this battle.

Avatar image for mypasswordis1234
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mypasswordis1234

@KnightRise said:

@BlueComet said:

@Batman242 said:

Does that matter if he shown or not? You will say that "but not as many as Batman".

Monkey style, rock paper scissor, moving mimic(it's shown the best when he was on Karin's tower), skill mimic(kamehameha after one look, after image after one look), "full nelson" and such grabbing things, using the opponent's momentum against him, even if that's 20x as big(Piccolo jr. 20m tall). That's all I remember now.

His adapting skill is not speculative, you just had to watch or read the db...

Also about this battle, it's silly, imo. If they have even stats, that's purely goes by luck. If Goku punch Batman, Batman can't avoid it because their reflex and speed equal. Same to if Batman punch. Or if they punch, they both could avoid forever. It's amazing how true that Roshi said "the strength is that matter, the fight just an application of it." or similar.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By uberhikari

This is a ridiculous stomp in favor of Batman. I dare someone in this thread to post 1 scan or 1 anime clip where Goku wins a fight because he's a better martial artist. Goku has NEVER won a fight because he's a better martial artist. Why? Because that's the retarded system Toriyama uses. Toriyama made it so that the only way to win a fight is by simply being stronger, faster, more durable, etc. There isn't 1 instance in the whole manga/anime where a character with a lower power level defeats a character with a higher power level by being a better martial artist or a more skilled combatant. On the other hand, Batman defeats stronger, faster, more durable opponents all the time by simply being a better h2h combatant. There's really no way to dispute this.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Someone explain to me how Goku is more skilled than Batman? I mean when does throwing around a bunch of super fast punches and kicks coupled with someone throwing up a picture of Goku holding Raditz in a full nelson compare to someone of Batman's shown versatility in skill?

Avatar image for wolverinethesoldier
wolverinethesoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

Someone explain to me how Goku is more skilled than Batman? I mean when does throwing around a bunch of super fast punches and kicks coupled with someone throwing up a picture of Goku holding Raditz in a full nelson compare to someone of Batman's shown versatility in skill?

I agree batman is much more capable of beating goku in H2H combat.
Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bossmonster

Batman stomps him into the ground

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper:

yeah i read OP and to summarize it, it says no Goku. speed, strength, durability, Ki are parts of Goku character, to remove them is to remove the character. martial arts in DBZ are based on Ki, speed and strength. this thread is pointless.

sigh...oh well!!

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By FalconPuuunch

yeah i read OP and to summarize it, it says no Goku. speed, strength, durability, Ki are parts of Goku character, to remove them is to remove the character. martial arts in DBZ are based on Ki, speed and strength. this thread is pointless.

sigh...oh well!!

It's not pointless, you're just being a brat.

Avatar image for azathoth_the_dread_sleeper
Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sigh...oh well!!

Ki does not make you bullet-proof.

Being bullet-proof implies superhuman traits such as being somewhat invincible, hence durability. And the stipulation provided by the OP is that Goku has NO access to his superhuman traits, hence he is as vulnerable as Batman is.

It is extremely pointless given that Goku without his powers would get stomped on an even playing field by the Bat.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Floopay

Well, Goku has a lot more to bring to the table than people think. He is, in fact, a very well trained martial artist. Studying combat techniques from across the universe. Including training with other martial arts styles from other fighters from across the universe while he was dead and on the Kai planets.

Long before Goku could fly he was still able to do backflips, he still was able to match and block attacks from Master Roshi, who was his superior in most categories at the time, and has proven that he can read body language and movements. He's done this to learn the weak points in someone's fighting style, and it was stated that his fighting stance had zero weak spots during the Cell saga by near everyone.

Realistically he should be able to read and predict Batman's attacks after only a short period of time. It's not like Batman has anything that can take Goku off guard, he lacks teleportation, flight, energy blasts, and all that jazz. If the two are equalized in stats, he should still stand more than just a slight chance.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hksaru

The main problem with pretty much everyone in this thread is they've clearly only seen a few DBZ episodes at the most, probably when they were kids, and have very clearly never watched Dragon ball.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/goku-runs-the-fighting-skill-gauntlet/727570/

Master Roshi was the very best martial artist on Earth and Goku trained under and mastered his Turtle Style in adolescence. He has vast experience throughout his years however there is only one feat that needs to be mentioned: Goku spent 7 years in Otherworld training with the Universe's greatest martial artists of all time. This is after he had mastered every martial art on Earth as a child, and won the World' Martial Arts tournament, and subsequently trained under King Kai who himself is an immortal martial arts master and overseer of 1/4 of the universe.

It's a horrible mismatch in Goku's favour. Goku as a kid would give Batman a run for his money. He took on multiple top martial artists of the world as a kid such as Tien Shinhan, Yamcha, Master Shen, and General Tao. Goku is basically Taskmaster himself, and he isn't human so things such as nerve strikes would be useless.

The assumption that because Goku's fists move too fast for you to see them he is therefore not thinking about them is ridiculous. His thoughts are sped up with his body, like the Flash. It is not hard to find feats of skill of Goku, it's also not hard to watch a few climactic episodes of Dragonball if you're so inclined to debate against it (and make false claims like Goku only wins due to being stronger).

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Goku has trained for martial arts since he was a child. From many different masters across the Galaxy and uh.. dead world? Batman spent his time falling in wells, sobbing about his parents, making Gadgets, costuming up and scaring people and doing martial arts when he gets free time. A combat race genius with lifelong training vs an average human, peak conditions with a bit of martial arts. How is this even a fair match?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By comicace3

Goku is naturally able to adapt to hits, maneuvers, and find weaknesses to every opponent he fights. So I'm gonna go with goku. He's earned the title of one of the best martial artists in fiction.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By uberhikari

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

Goku has trained for martial arts since he was a child. From many different masters across the Galaxy and uh.. dead world? Batman spent his time falling in wells, sobbing about his parents, making Gadgets, costuming up and scaring people and doing martial arts when he gets free time. A combat race genius with lifelong training vs an average human, peak conditions with a bit of martial arts. How is this even a fair match?

Maybe you shouldn't post in threads if you're ignorant about the characters. Batman spent his time falling in wells? How retarded.

Avatar image for mypasswordis1234
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mypasswordis1234

@uberhikari said:

This is a ridiculous stomp in favor of Batman. I dare someone in this thread to post 1 scan or 1 anime clip where Goku wins a fight because he's a better martial artist. Goku has NEVER won a fight because he's a better martial artist. Why? Because that's the retarded system Toriyama uses. Toriyama made it so that the only way to win a fight is by simply being stronger, faster, more durable, etc. There isn't 1 instance in the whole manga/anime where a character with a lower power level defeats a character with a higher power level by being a better martial artist or a more skilled combatant. On the other hand, Batman defeats stronger, faster, more durable opponents all the time by simply being a better h2h combatant. There's really no way to dispute this.

Interesting, show me how he beaten stronger, faster, more durable opponents all the time. Remember, this mean no jump away from hits, no any gagdet, no unfinished fight.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@uberhikari said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

Maybe you shouldn't post in threads if you're ignorant about the characters. Batman spent his time falling in wells? How retarded.

Take your own advice and just shut up. Instead of trying to be aggressive, do your homework well. If you don't know what I'm talking about, why reply?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By evilvegeta74

Goku FTW, and this is a horrible matchup on so many levels!

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By 18hunt

1. Kaioken is a martial art skill, but I no it is prohibited. 2. Goku wins.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By 18hunt

Goku has been doing martial arts since he was knee high (I just used an old phrase, yes!)

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SirMethos

1. Every single time that Goku has won a fight, he has done so by being more powerful. I.e. having a higher power level. Never by being a more skilled fighter.

2. Goku has never been shown(or even mentioned) to receive any training in hand-to-hand combat. All of the training we see him receive from his various teachers, and all the training that he talks about having received from various trainers/teachers, have been focused on 1. Increasing his Power Level. or 2. Learning new Ki Techniques/perfecting Ki Techniques that he already knew. The latter of these two(The usage of Ki) is what is in the DBZ universe, referred to as "martial arts".

3. Batman is constantly shown, winning fights through superior skill, rather than raw power.

4. The vast majority of Batman's combat training, has been purely focused on increasing hand-to-hand combat skills, to the point where he has mastered 127 different styles. Hand-to-hand combat skills is what we, in the real world, refer to as "martial arts".

Batman wins. Easily.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By uberhikari

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@uberhikari said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

Take your own advice and just shut up. Instead of trying to be aggressive, do your homework well. If you don't know what I'm talking about, why reply?

It's not my fault that you say stupid things, lol. You tried to low ball Batman's h2h abilities by saying something stupid. Batman falls in wells? Putting on costumes and scaring people? Crying? LOL! It's not like Batman mastered 127 styles of martial arts or anything. Goku has 0 feats of martial arts skill. Absolutely none. Goku has never beaten anybody by being a more skilled martial artist. Goku is a combat race genius with lifelong training, but no feats, LOL. Batman, on the other hand, frequently beats people who are faster, stronger, and more durable because he's a more skilled h2h combatant. Goku NEVER beats anybody because he's a better h2h combatant. Goku wins his fights because of magical wish making balls and constant intervention by other people.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@uberhikari said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@uberhikari said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

It's not my fault that you say stupid things, lol. You tried to low ball Batman's h2h abilities by saying something stupid. Batman falls in wells? Putting on costumes and scaring people? Crying? LOL! It's not like Batman mastered 127 styles of martial arts or anything. Goku has 0 feats of martial arts skill. Absolutely none. Goku has never beaten anybody by being a more skilled martial artist. Goku is a combat race genius with lifelong training, but no feats, LOL. Batman, on the other hand, frequently beats people who are faster, stronger, and more durable because he's a more skilled h2h combatant. Goku NEVER beats anybody because he's a better h2h combatant. Goku wins his fights because of magical wish making balls and constant intervention by other people.

It's your fault you don't have any sort of skills of understanding. All you do is try to insult people. Since when did batman stop wearing special costume? Doesn't he use fear as one of his main weapons? Didn't he fall in a well as a child? Whole Dragon Ball is all about martial arts. Go watch again. He has been training about martial arts since he was a child, and won/tied martial arts world championship as a kid. Seeing through techniques of master martial artists with single Glance and countering them is quite simple for him. He sure has learned the animal styles we at least. "Batman has beaten people stronger, faster, more durable than him" this is laughable if you compare it to how many times Goku has done this about every time. Batman is outmatched by any one of the z fighters, considering they dedicated their whole life to martial arts. You've proven your stupidity by your last statement. "Goku wins fights because of Magical wish making balls". Clearly, you don't know a single thing about Dragon Ball. Why bark at other people? Just keep your ignorance to yourself.

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hksaru

@SirMethos said:

2. Goku has never been shown(or even mentioned) to receive any training in hand-to-hand combat.

>mfw

>first time he learns about ki's existence

>already training with Master Popo

Nerve strike stompage

Defeats Tien through hubris

Good showing of willpower

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By uberhikari

@PrinceAragorn1:

It's your fault you don't have any sort of skills of understanding. All you do is try to insult people. Since when did batman stop wearing special costume? Doesn't he use fear as one of his main weapons? Didn't he fall in a well as a child?

LOLOL! First, you said something ridiculous and stupid, all I did was point out how ridiculous and stupid it was. If you don't like it, then tough titty.

Second, I never claimed that Batman didn't wear a costume, or that he doesn't use fear, or that he never fell into a well; but 1) these things are absolutely irrelevant to this thread and 2) you tried to use these facts to lowball Batman's h2h skills. Honestly, what does falling in a well have to do with how good someone is in h2h combat? LOL!

Moreover, this is what you said:

Batman spent his time falling in wells, sobbing about his parents, making Gadgets, costuming up and scaring people and doing martial arts when he gets free time.

It's clear from the fact that you start the sentence off with, "Batman spent his time...," that you're implying that's the only thing Batman ever did. What you wrote was a bunch of hyperbolic nonsense.

Whole Dragon Ball is all about martial arts. Go watch again. He has been training about martial arts since he was a child, and won/tied martial arts world championship as a kid. Seeing through techniques of master martial artists with single Glance and countering them is quite simple for him. He sure has learned the animal styles we at least.

First, Dragon Ball is only superficially about martial arts. Yes, Goku spent time training under Master Roshi (and many others), but in the Dragon Ball world what dictates the outcome of a fight is power levels NOT martial arts ability. This is the reason why no one with a lower power level has ever beaten someone with a higher power level. You would think that a manga based on martial arts would at least show some instances where a person with a lower power level defeats someone with a higher power level simply by being a more skilled martial artist, but this NEVER happens in DB/Z/GT or the movies.

Moreover, Goku has NEVER won a fight in either DB/Z/GT or the movies by being a better martial artist. He always wins because he's faster, stronger, more durable, has more ki, etc. And Goku has NEVER won a fight against someone with a higher power level by simply being a better martial artist than them. In fact, I would go so far as saying Goku has NEVER won a fight against someone who was faster, stronger, more durable, had more ki, etc.

On the other hand, Batman frequently beats opponents who are faster, stronger, more durable, etc. BECAUSE he's a better h2h combatant, i.e., because of his martial arts ability. That's why it's stupid to say Batman only studies martial arts in his free time. Without martial arts Batman would constantly be getting his butt kicked. Martial arts is absolutely essential for a character who has no superhuman abilities, which is why he mastered 127 different martial arts styles.

"Batman has beaten people stronger, faster, more durable than him" this is laughable if you compare it to how many times Goku has done this about every time. Batman is outmatched by any one of the z fighters, considering they dedicated their whole life to martial arts. You've proven your stupidity by your last statement. "Goku wins fights because of Magical wish making balls". Clearly, you don't know a single thing about Dragon Ball. Why bark at other people? Just keep your ignorance to yourself.

Nobody cares how long Goku or the Z fighters have been training, they have NO impressive martial arts feats. They NEVER win their fights by being better martial artists. Goku has NEVER beat someone who was faster, stronger, more durable, or had more ki than him.

1. Goku beat Vegeta because Yajirobe cut off his tail; and Gohan and Krillin intervened.
  2. Goku beat Frieza because he went ssj 1 and became, faster, stronger, more durable, etc. NOT because he was a better martial artist.
  3. Goku beat Buu because of magical wish making balls.

These are just the facts, bro.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By Stronger

This should be locked.....

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Hksaru

The thing is, when it comes to martial arts, strength is speed, and speed is technique. It's common knowledge that Goku's lifting strength is not even close to his striking or destructive force, and those are due to his speed and spirit which are both constantly trained through martial arts.

And yes, Goku's willpower is also one of the most remarkable things about his character and why he prevails over any opponent. Take for instance his first encounter with Vegeta; the only reason he wasn't knocked out in the second round was because he went past Kaioken x2 - something King Kai said would kill him. But he had to. That forced Vegeta to use the Great Ape form, which was too much, and Yajirobe came, etc.