Batman vs Goku (Martial Arts)

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pfcoolio15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pfcoolio15

This fight will be purely hand to hand. No gadgets or chi blasts on either side.

No Super speed, super strength, super jumps. Nothing Super human. Just pure martial arts prowess.

I repeat, there will be no super speed punching and moving around so fast you can't see it.

The combat will be grounded, realistic, and human.

Who wins?

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

this thread is a joke, overall skill goes to Bruce Wayne easily, INB4L.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CalebHara

Bruce would stomp.

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@All_Mighty_Beyonder said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Trolling

Let me start of by explaining what trolling actually is! Trolling is a user who posts to incite flame wars and continues to post in a manner that is offensive or posting something that has nothing to do with the thread. Baiting other users into an argument and continuing that argument in hopes of offending that user or the community. As such this is not allowed on comicvine and will be dealt with according to the comcvine guide lines! again if you can not debate civilly and with out trying to ignite a flame war then comicvine is not the site for you.

Come again???

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By FalconPuuunch

Batman.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OhItsThatGuy

I don't think this battle can be done. None of their martial art feats reflect things that are realistic, or human.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By slimj87d

I really can't say. Goku doesn't get to show us what he's capable of because all their combat happens really fast. But Goku is very good at H2H, as a child he often learned or copied styles just from looking I believe. When it came to fighting he was kind of like Taskmaster. He learned the Kahmahamaha just by looking at Master Roshi.

Bruce gets to showcase his H2H skills in every issue and that makes it seem like he's the better H2H combatant.

Hard to answer honestly.

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImmortalT1000

Batman knows over 100 Martial Arts skills. I don't see Goku winning H2H.

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ancient_0f_Days:

you got it completly wrong maan, i was asking you are you trolling or not in a funny way, it seems you're not. LOL.

well, anyway,

untill Batman can at least hurt someone who has since childhood bulletproof & axe-resistence durability then we can have a debate.

DaAwesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaAwesome2

You can't really have a fight like this as super speed and strength is part of Goku's character. So if you take away his strength/speed, how fast and strong is he? Average everyday human? Peak human? Slightly above peak human ala Steve Rogers?

But as far as pure skill, Bats has this hands down. Goku quit using martial arts to beat people before DBZ even started. By the end of the original Dragon Ball, he was beating people only because he was more powerful than them. Mercenary Tao, anyone?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@All_Mighty_Beyonder: Read the OP smartass

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

well, he didn't mention durability, but if it's included in "Nothing Super human" that means no Goku at all. Goku is a Sayan, to say no superhuman thing is to say no Goku. this is not even a debatable thing at all.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dondave

Batman ftw

Avatar image for age_of_ultron_prime2000
age_of_ultron_Prime2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Goku

Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kesho_Ronin
No Caption Provided
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

well, he didn't mention durability, but if it's included in "Nothing Super human" that means no Goku at all. Goku is a Sayan, to say no superhuman thing is to say no Goku. this is not even a debatable thing at all.

oh so you don't like the OP rules? ok, cool story, good for you bro, don't debate it then.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

We do these kind of debates here all the time. This is just a contest of Pure Martial Arts Prowess. for the sake of debate the assumption is that Goku has been brought down to a physical level on Par with Batman.

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shawnbaby:

martial arts in DBZ are based on Ki. a better martial artist means a stronger fighter, a faster fighter, a better user of Ki, those are basics of DBZ. if you say no super hocus pocus thing, then you say no martial arts. it's like saying Hulk vs Thor with no gods and no gamma powers in the fight. it's pointless. and this thread is meaningless.

@Ancient_0f_Days:

sigh...

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Shawnbaby:

martial arts in DBZ are based on Ki. a better martial artist means a stronger fighter, a faster fighter, a better user of Ki, those are basics of DBZ. if you say no super hocus pocus thing, then you say no martial arts. it's like saying Hulk vs Thor with no gods and no gamma powers in the fight. it's pointless. and this thread is meaningless.

@Ancient_0f_Days:

sigh...

You clearly don't understand hypothetical situations.

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hksaru

Am I tripping out or were all the posts in this thread deleted?

Edit: nevermind, just found the real one, tripping out

Edit 2: oh god the walls of text

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nick_hero22

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Miki1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Miki1111

Goku slap>s Batman and Batman run to his dead mom and beg>s her to abort him :)

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Miki1111 said:

Goku slap>s Batman and Batman run to his dead mom and beg>s her to abort him :)

Great argument....its so convincing, I bet a staff member of this site would agree with you....why don't we ask one........

Miki1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Miki1111

@Ancient_0f_Days: Yeah yes yes tell them please i want that they delete my account here on comic vine that would really make me happy :)

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Ferro Vida

@Pfcoolio15 said:

This fight will be purely hand to hand. No gadgets or chi blasts on either side.

No Super speed, super strength, super jumps. Nothing Super human. Just pure martial arts prowess.

I repeat, there will be no super speed punching and moving around so fast you can't see it.

The combat will be grounded, realistic, and human.

Who wins?

A lot of Goku's martial arts training is in styles that enhance physical abilities to superhuman levels (Master Roshi taught him Kame-Sennin Ryu from age twelve, which does this specifically). He was also instructed in Kaio-Ken by King Kai, which exponentially increases his abilities. Even if you restrict this to just martial arts Goku would still have a physical edge due to the nature of the fighting styles that he has spent his whole life learning. It's impossible to remove that from his character.

Miki1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Miki1111

@Ferro Vida: I agree with you it does not matter how many martial art styles Batman knows Goku has trained with gods and that is something Bat will never experience in his lifetime :)

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ferro Vida

@Miki1111 said:

@Ferro Vida: I agree with you it does not matter how many martial art styles Batman knows Goku has trained with gods and that is something Bat will never experience in his lifetime :)

That's not what I said. Who you train with doesn't have as much weight as you give it. Master Roshi is a normal human, and many of the best fictional martial artists have never trained with gods (Daredevil, Shang-Chi, Black Panther).

Set Karate Kid against Goku with limitations on Goku's energy blasts and we might see a interesting fight.

Miki1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Miki1111

@Ferro Vida: Goku trained with Kami,Mr.Popo and King Kai they are like gods plus he comleted his journey across snake way that is something Bat could never do.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ferro Vida

@Miki1111 said:

@Ferro Vida: Goku trained with Kami,Mr.Popo and King Kai they are like gods plus he comleted his journey across snake way that is something Bat could never do.

If Batman received Goku's training then he would also be physically enhanced and have the ability to fly. If Goku had received Batman's training he would be nowhere near as powerful as he is.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By theONEtaichou

@Ferro Vida said:

@Miki1111 said:

If Batman received Goku's training then he would also be physically enhanced and have the ability to fly. If Goku had received Batman's training he would be nowhere near as powerful as he is.

How do you know this? Based on what?

Considering Goku is a saiyan he would have surpassed Batman like he has surpassed Krillin

Miki1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Miki1111

@theONEtaichou: Snake way is 625,000 miles long it took Goku 6 months to comlete the journey by running Batman would need 6 years :)

Kobra678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Kobra678

Goku, hasn't this been done like 3 other times?

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ferro Vida

@theONEtaichou said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@Miki1111 said:

How do you know this? Based on what?

Considering Goku is a saiyan he would have surpassed Batman like he has surpassed Krillin

The martial arts Goku was trained in were what taught him to enhance his physical abilities, to use his Ki for energy blasts, and to fly. He only became a Super Saiyan because of the year he spent training in 100x Earth's normal gravity. If he had received Batman's training and lived Batman's life he wouldn't have gotten any of that.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Ferro Vida: hmm, seems like some of the vets are coming back.....whats good

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ferro Vida

@Ancient_0f_Days: Unbelievable boredom. What have I missed?

Redmonkeyssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Redmonkeyssj4

Goku has a life literally dedicated to his own pursuit in MartialArts. Batman may know 100 martial arts forms, you may also know 100 mathematical formulas but you can never beat a calculator because mathematics is it's main function. What I'm saying is Goku is a fighter and nothing more. And fighting 8s his main function. Plus he's a saiyan, I count his saiyan lust for battle as a personality trait more so than a power. Kami a god was praising goku not only f9r his power but his skill and readiness in battle. Also as a kid he went around the world looking for the BEST martial artists to fight. And if this is Goku by the end of z or gt. With his skill he could gov3 someone like Shang Chi or Max Murdock a run for their money.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nick_hero22

@Ferro Vida said:

Trolling on a very high level

Avatar image for silverjuggernaut
silverJuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By silverJuggernaut

i hate you batman nut jobs. you are takeing away gokus abilities so you can say that batman wins. even if they use just martialarts goku still wins cuz goku is a saiyan.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Ferro Vida said:

Not much, besides the obvious Anime vs Comic ban being lifted, I'm not even sure if you were around in the last 2-3 months. There was a hail storm of the usual spite threads, troll threads, out of place threads etc, same old same old I'd assume. You haven't missed that much, the worst of it is over I think. But whatchu doin?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@nick_hero22 said:

You are correct, and look, a perfect example......

@silverJuggernaut said:

i hate you batman nut jobs. you are takeing away gokus abilities so you can say that batman wins. even if they use just martialarts goku still wins cuz goku is a saiyan.

Convenience is a jewel

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By nick_hero22

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@silverJuggernaut said:

Convenience is a jewel

I don't know what the hell is wrong with staff and mods, but things are getting out of control. We have users going around calling Moderators trolls and etc.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By onilordasmodeus

And then there are trolls going around masquerading as knowledgeable CV members...

CV has really gone to the wolves as of late...

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By nick_hero22

@onilordasmodeus said:

And then there are trolls going around masquerading as knowledgeable CV members...

CV has really gone to the wolves as of late...

Isn't that the truth! There are many users on here who make these outlandish claims without having any knowledge of characters that are involved in the fight.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ferro Vida

@Ancient_0f_Days: I noticed that, yeah. Who's idea was it for that to happen? It has never worked in the past. This place a sure changed from when I spent all my time here.

@nick_hero22 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@silverJuggernaut said:

Convenience is a jewel

I don't know what the hell is wrong with staff and mods, but things are getting out of control. We have users going around calling Moderators trolls and etc.

Now, that ain't right.

It's good to see a few familiar faces kicking around.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By nick_hero22

@Ferro Vida said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: I noticed that, yeah. Who's idea was it for that to happen? It has never worked in the past. This place a sure changed from when I spent all my time here.

@nick_hero22 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@silverJuggernaut said:

Convenience is a jewel

Now, that ain't right.

It's good to see a few familiar faces kicking around.

Yep, it's nice to see some of the veterans around :)

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hksaru

Hey, keep your self-wanking to PMs

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/batman-vs-goku-martial-arts/746316/?

It's too bad that thread was locked over this one, never even got a chance to read the walls of text that it was up to for the last couple of pages, doubt it was anything good though because the only argument left for Batman that I saw was that "characters such as Tien Shinhan, Master Roshi, General Tao, and various other miscellaneous characters that are present had ambiguous levels of strength" even though that's completely untrue.

Unless you speak of randoms such as the "Wolfman" and "Pamput", who are mere examples of their mastery of martial arts, such as Batman knocking out a random bouncer with a touch to the neck. I think knocking out a world-class fighter who can knock down a massive brick wall without flinching (Pamput) with one hit is above knocking out a random bouncer. What can Bruce bench, like 800 to just under 1000 pounds? And the bouncer he knocked out could probably lift between 200-300. Goku's striking force was probably barely above knocking down walls by that point, and his lifting strength was struggling to push a giant boulder a few yards. So, yeah. Not as much ambiguity unless you completely ignore the context of the characters.

Unfortunately all the videos are removed from that thread apparently because it's locked : (

silverJuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By silverJuggernaut

batman will never know that goku is useing his ki.

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hksaru

@silverJuggernaut said:

batman will never know that goku is useing his ki.

Batman will never know that Goku's senses put Daredevil's to shame, and that's not something you can remove just by making someone Human, every human fighter worth his salt in the DBZU has enhanced senses. Saiyans may be inherently superior but it's an inherent trait nonetheless in any being. The requirement for ki sensing as they got more and more powerful/fast is just one of the implications that they grew past FTL combat speed...

silverJuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By silverJuggernaut

@Hksaru: i agree with you