User Lists: 18

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7 juiceboks  Moderator

Barry destroys Bruce. A day of prep isn't gonna do anything here.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Insider has access to speed force as well. Means Batman has access to it. He cuts Barry's access to it.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SheenLantern

@rbt said:

He cuts Barry's access to it.

Scans of Batman doing this?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RBT

@rbt said:

This has been done before(not by Batman though). But here, Batman has access to the very same thing which gives Flash his power. Don't you think he would be able to do this?

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No he doesn't. IIRC, the insider only taps into abo 40% of the speed force.

Flash dominates.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SheenLantern
@rbt said:

@sheenlantern said:

@rbt said:

This has been done before(not by Batman though). But here, Batman has access to the very same thing which gives Flash his power. Don't you think he would be able to do this?

Not really, Barry Allen is the source of the speed force, he created it, he's the embodiment of it.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, only person to successfully cut the speed force out of any Flash was the Reverse Flash.

And you're talking about a herald level character.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Insider Suit has other abilities don't forget so this is not a stomp on either side.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ULTRAstarkiller: yes. Yes it is a stomp.

He has about fractions of other powers. Not the totality. Nothing too much for him to handle.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

bump

CHUCKY47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is so over rates flash wins cause he's WAY TO FAST

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dredeuced

@nickthedevil said:

Also, only person to successfully cut the speed force out of any Flash was the Reverse Flash.

And you're talking about a herald level character.

Hmm nope, a lot of people have cut off speed force access.

Savitar did it to, like, 3 different Flashes. Wally did it to Jesse Quick. Hell, Hot Pursuit (who is Barry Allen) did it to Barry Allen. Walter West could presumably do it as well, since he was better than Savitar at it. It's been done with time travel (Flashpoint changed history so Wally never got it). Inertia did it to Bart Allen when he was the Flash. Bart and Wally did it to Jay when they dumped off Superboy Prime.

I'm sure there's a couple more times it's happened.

edit: oh right, the Dial from Dial H did it to Barry.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By Pokeysteve

Barry decimates here. Bruce isn't doing anything in that amount of time.

The Insider Suit is one of the most overrated pieces of equipment in comics and anyone who disagrees hasn't read the comics it's featured in.

AnotherVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash stomps

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry would beat Insider Batman even if it was New 52 feats only....god, what a mismatch.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dredueced: None of those instances you listed actually cut The Flash's connection to the speed force.

Dial H thing was some weird f*ckery. I just ignore that. Haha.

But the only person to really successfully do it was the Reverse Flash. The rest of them couldn't do it. Savitar could null Thir speed to a degree but it was stated that Wally's direct connection with the speed force was unbreakable. When Savitar tried to steal his speed it didn't work

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dredueced: and Hot Pursuit couldn't take away his speed. Barry had it back in less than a couple of panels.

Jesse Quick gave too much of her speed to Wally, and she doesn't have a direct line the the Flash.

FUI, I also don't consider the Quicks, and Mercury to be Flashes.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dredeuced

@nickthedevil said:

@Dredueced: None of those instances you listed actually cut The Flash's connection to the speed force.

Dial H thing was some weird f*ckery. I just ignore that. Haha.

But the only person to really successfully do it was the Reverse Flash. The rest of them couldn't do it. Savitar could null Thir speed to a degree but it was stated that Wally's direct connection with the speed force was unbreakable. When Savitar tried to steal his speed it didn't work

I don't see how you're explaining away Inertia taking it from Bart. Unless you think Bart's tenure as The Flash doesn't count.

Savitar did not "null" their speed. He literally took it away and gave it to his agents -- though I suppose you get by on a technicality because he only did it to Flash-esque people rather than Wally himself, so it didn't happen to THE Flash. I don't get how you explain off how Jay Garrick lost it by Wally and Bart taking it with them. Jay literally said the Speed Force was gone and it's not like you can say "Well Jay Garrick isn't The Flash." on that one.

Dial H may be weird, but it worked.

Flashpoint/Time Screwery took it away from Wally and Barry, plain as day.

Jesse Quick gave too much of her speed to Wally, and she doesn't have a direct line the the Flash.

FUI, I also don't consider the Quicks, and Mercury to be Flashes.

I mean the Jesse thing doesn't really hold up because she spontaneously gets her powers back later, so she clearly wasn't fully severed, just speed stolen so well that she forgot her connection/formula (I believe Wally had to speed steal as I don't think Jesse knew how to lend speed)

I don't get why the Quicks or Mercury don't count. Or Lady Flash when Wally did it to her. Peoples' speed force connection can be severed by someone with superior control + speed steal, with time travel shenanigans and the singular time Inertia did it with a machine.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry would beat Insider Batman even if it was New 52 feats only....god, what a mismatch.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nickthedevil

@Dredueced: in all honesty, I just forgot to address the Bart and Jay instances. Lol. Duty calls.

Anyway, Thaddeus taking from Bart? Come on. That entire series can't be taken seriously at all.

1: Bart was shown to be much faster than Zoom. Idiotic.

2: Zoom was given time travel and the ability to vibrate through walls. Doubly idiotic.

3: Thaddeus is pathetic as a Speedster. He needed a complex machine and a bunch of time to steal the Speed Force, and eben then it was only for a limited time. It was draining continuosly, it didn't cut it off all at once. Hence, the Rogues being used as a distraction.

Now, as per Wally West taking Inertia's speed thus petrifying him, "Inertia is pathetic as a speedster". He was dependent on Velocity 9, the Rivals' old junk. And even then, it was too slow and little of a breif and temporary connection.

As per Jay and Bart's lack of speed during Blitz, Jay said no such thing. He said, "The speed you absorbed from Impulse and me (Garrick's a scientist. Not an English teacher :P) won't be fully replenished for-- could be hours." although they never again showed speed feats again throughout the rest of Blitz, in that sentence it's implied that not all of their connection is gone.

Wally's own speed stealing feats encompass anything ever shown by anyone ever. Even Professor Zoom. I have no idea how Batman, or anyone else for that matter, would actually be successful in absorbing the kinetic energy of all of Planet Earth's people and itself.

I can't even address Dial H. There's just... No. The comic in it's entireity disgusted me. I legitametly held it above the trash can before I changed my mind and put it with my Flash collection.

As per Flashpoint: Professor Zoom.

The Quick's and Mercury don't count to me because... Well, frankly, they're on the lowest end of the Speed Force.

How Mercury all lf a sudden became fast enough to go toe to toe with the Rival, I'll never know.

Also, it isn't "Superior Control + Speed Steal", by past showings, it's more along the lines of "Superior Connection + Superior Control + Speed Steal".

All of which, nobody has more than Wally.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve said:

The Insider Suit is one of the most overrated pieces of equipment in comics and anyone who disagrees hasn't read the comics it's featured in.

Could you actually tell me which comics the Insider suit is in? I really want to read them.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve said:

Could you actually tell me which comics the Insider suit is in? I really want to read them.

It was Bruce Wayne: The Road Home. I think.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SheenLantern

@sheenlantern said:

@pokeysteve said:

It was Bruce Wayne: The Road Home. I think.

Oh sweet, I have those.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pokeysteve

@sheenlantern: Wait, sorry. Not Road Home. Return of Bruce Wayne. I'm really glad I checked lol boy would my face have been red. I don't think it's in the main arc though. He uses it to keep tabs on his people so I'm not sure. It's been about a year since I've read it.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Black_Arrow

@pokeysteve: you where right in the first place it was in Road home but I think in 1 issue of the return of Bruce Wayne the insider appears

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: Disregard my last post hahaha.

@pokeysteve: you where right in the first place it was in Road home but I think in 1 issue of the return of Bruce Wayne the insider appears

YES!! Cause Road Home was the headline of the other characters books that he appeared in. Okay thank you!

CHUCKY47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CHUCKY47

@rbt said:

Insider has access to speed force as well. Means Batman has access to it. He cuts Barry's access to it.

true

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chucky47:

Barry is the speed force, bats can only access it. Odds are Barry cuts off bats if we're assuming anyone connected to it can cut others off

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chucky47:

Barry is the speed force, bats can only access it. Odds are Barry cuts off bats if we're assuming anyone connected to it can cut others off

Only that Barry is not smart enough to think of that. And when has odds been ever been in Batman's favor?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has never shown he can cut anyone off from the speed force. The insider suit has access to a very small portion of the speed force only. Its why it almost lost to the outsiders. Batman can barely access it, I doubt he could cut off the powers of Barry who has full access and is a lot more experienced with the speed force.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

I thought all DC speedsters had access to the Speedforce?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

I thought all DC speedsters had access to the Speedforce?

Insider suit has access to 40% of speedforce.

@jashro44 said:

Batman has never shown he can cut anyone off from the speed force. The insider suit has access to a very small portion of the speed force only. Its why it almost lost to the outsiders. Batman can barely access it, I doubt he could cut off the powers of Barry who has full access and is a lot more experienced with the speed force.

40% in not a small portion. Its almost half.

heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By heymanjack

Amazo > Insider suit batman and guess what. Flash beat him. Stole his speed and turned him into a statue. As I recall this Amazo was the one who had the punching power of superman.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for barryallen_shazam
BarryAllen_Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry wins here 10/10

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dredeuced

Amazo > Insider suit batman and guess what. Flash beat him. Stole his speed and turned him into a statue. As I recall this Amazo was the one who had the punching power of superman.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Flash didn't actually win that fight. He just completely removed Amazo's speed so Amazo just sat there picking off JL members while unable to really move until Hal blew a hole in him.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dredueced: in all honesty, I just forgot to address the Bart and Jay instances. Lol. Duty calls.

Anyway, Thaddeus taking from Bart? Come on. That entire series can't be taken seriously at all.

1: Bart was shown to be much faster than Zoom. Idiotic.

2: Zoom was given time travel and the ability to vibrate through walls. Doubly idiotic.

3: Thaddeus is pathetic as a Speedster. He needed a complex machine and a bunch of time to steal the Speed Force, and eben then it was only for a limited time. It was draining continuosly, it didn't cut it off all at once. Hence, the Rogues being used as a distraction.

Now, as per Wally West taking Inertia's speed thus petrifying him, "Inertia is pathetic as a speedster". He was dependent on Velocity 9, the Rivals' old junk. And even then, it was too slow and little of a breif and temporary connection.

As per Jay and Bart's lack of speed during Blitz, Jay said no such thing. He said, "The speed you absorbed from Impulse and me (Garrick's a scientist. Not an English teacher :P) won't be fully replenished for-- could be hours." although they never again showed speed feats again throughout the rest of Blitz, in that sentence it's implied that not all of their connection is gone.

Wally's own speed stealing feats encompass anything ever shown by anyone ever. Even Professor Zoom. I have no idea how Batman, or anyone else for that matter, would actually be successful in absorbing the kinetic energy of all of Planet Earth's people and itself.

I can't even address Dial H. There's just... No. The comic in it's entireity disgusted me. I legitametly held it above the trash can before I changed my mind and put it with my Flash collection.

As per Flashpoint: Professor Zoom.

The Quick's and Mercury don't count to me because... Well, frankly, they're on the lowest end of the Speed Force.

How Mercury all lf a sudden became fast enough to go toe to toe with the Rival, I'll never know.

Also, it isn't "Superior Control + Speed Steal", by past showings, it's more along the lines of "Superior Connection + Superior Control + Speed Steal".

All of which, nobody has more than Wally.

1: How is it idiotic? Bart had Wally and Barry's speed. Wally was nearly as fast as Zoom with just all of Jesse's speed, even though it wore off. It's consistent to a degree.

2: Irrelevant but iirc Iris picked him up.

3: I don't really care how pathetic Inertia is as a speedster, his showing is more a feat of intelligence and the ability to make a machine with prep than how good of a speedster he is. He made a machine that took all of Bart's speed and Bart died because of it. I don't know why being cut off all at once is a requirement.

I never brought up Wally taking Inertia's speed as Wally cutting off someone's speed force connection. I brought up Inertia only because of what he did to Bart, and I brought up Wally for what he did to Jesse and Lady Flash.

I'm not saying Batman can do it. I specifically believe he cannot, because if he could it would be his contingency plan for Flash.

Dial H was a fine comic. I don't get why you're being so prickly about it, but it happened.

Mercury is not on the lowest end of the Speed Force. Hell he was faster than Wally until Wally learned the Speed Formula and the Kobra thing (he was actually able to keep up with Speed Formula Wally, even though it strained him greatly).

I agree that Wally is the best at speed forcing it up, but my point was you said no one has cut off a Flash from the Speed Force and it has happened a number of times, to every single Flash of the main continuity to ever exist, whether it be because of Savitar, Wally, or Thawne's timeline screwery. In New-52 Dial H did it and it's being very, very heavily hinted that Vibe will be able to do it.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: He also has strength, invisibility, heat vision and green lantern powers....this is not a stomp at all in anyone's favor.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys. The Insider Suit doesn't have access to the Speed Force. It can simulate. And his best speed feat isn't anywhere near any of the Flashes, plus it overloaded and burnt out the Suit. Sheesh.

No Caption Provided

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman wins with a day of prep.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Flash vs Insider Batman?

Batman should stomp.

I'd like to hear your logic here. Thanks in advance.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern said:

New 52 Flash vs Insider Batman?

Batman should stomp.

I'd like to hear your logic here. Thanks in advance.

New 52 Flash sucks

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash would win. He can prep mid-battle.

Unless, Batman has full knowledge and has some way to counter that ability, I say Flash.

Besides, he only has limited use to the Speed Force (Batman)

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By nickthedevil