• 83 results
HobGadling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HobGadling

This one's probably been touched on already, but I wasn't here, and I just came to the realization that, in my opinion, they're pretty evenly matched, despite how different their respective backdrops are.  Each gets whatever toys of theirs they can carry to the battle, but no Guenhwyvar for Drizzt and no Batmobile, or any other vehicle, for Batman.  Who wins and why?

Batman
Batman
Drizzt Do'Urden
Drizzt Do'Urden
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I'm unfamilar with Drizzt but I wanna say Batman

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Andferne

Drizzt beats Batman pretty easily. He has more than just Guen, so taking her away from him is the least of Batman's worries. Drizzit is considered the best swordsman of the dark elves and surpassed his father at an early age. The fact he has magical anklets that enhance his speed puts him far and above the human limit in agility and speed to outmatch Batman there. His twin blades are both heavily enchanted as well. Twinkle has a keen(sharp) edge and warns him of danger, while Iceingdeath erupts on contact with an icy blast which would slow Batman's down. That blade also protects him from fire magical or natural. Add on top of this his enchanted armor that he wears for protection Bat's toys to not do too much to him.

Now if you take away all of Drizzt's magical gear then Batman stands a chance, otherwise no Batman loses this fight. Drizzt is not just a dumb fighter, he is a brilliant tactician and could easily match Batman in the brains department if he lived in that type of age.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
Drizzt should win here... Andferne gave a great analysis here on the fight
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hedatary

Unless they were given some kind of prep time, then batman wins. However in a straight out fight, Drizzit wins with a little bit of trouble because of the stuff batman carries in his belt. lol

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
King Saturn said:
"Drizzt should win here... Andferne gave a great analysis here on the fight"
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andferne

I love the opening images in this. (Oh did I say bump?)

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Haha Drizzt easily.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Baldy
@Andferne said:
" Drizzt beats Batman pretty easily. He has more than just Guen, so taking her away from him is the least of Batman's worries. Drizzit is considered the best swordsman of the dark elves and surpassed his father at an early age. The fact he has magical anklets that enhance his speed puts him far and above the human limit in agility and speed to outmatch Batman there. His twin blades are both heavily enchanted as well. Twinkle has a keen(sharp) edge and warns him of danger, while Iceingdeath erupts on contact with an icy blast which would slow Batman's down. That blade also protects him from fire magical or natural. Add on top of this his enchanted armor that he wears for protection Bat's toys to not do too much to him.Now if you take away all of Drizzt's magical gear then Batman stands a chance, otherwise no Batman loses this fight. Drizzt is not just a dumb fighter, he is a brilliant tactician and could easily match Batman in the brains department if he lived in that type of age. "
Batman knows how to fight people one hell of a lot faster than Drizzt and the people he has taken down are a darn sight more powerful.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Baldy said:

Ras has given Bruce a hard time with a sword. Drizzt is much faster and better.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Andferne
@Baldy said:

"Batman knows how to fight people one hell of a lot faster than Drizzt and the people he has taken down are a darn sight more powerful. "

Using this logic I can go the same route for Drizzt. He has beaten people a lot stronger, faster than Batman. Not to mention various Priestesses, Weapons Masters, Wizards, and various monsters including Dragons. Even the Ghost King, who was a extremely powerful Dracolich, powered by an artifact.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Baldy

Regardless Batman is a master of stealth and has a tech advantage that easily matches Drizzt's magic, what's to stop him just gassing him while hidden in the shadows? Or just jumping out at him and catching him off guard?

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Baldy said:
" Regardless Batman is a master of stealth and has a tech advantage that easily matches Drizzt's magic, what's to stop him just gassing him while hidden in the shadows? Or just jumping out at him and catching him off guard? "
Well, it doesn't state in the OP that Batman will have the opporitunity to go for a stealth strike, so I think that would be a good place to start.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Andferne
@Baldy said:
" Regardless Batman is a master of stealth and has a tech advantage that easily matches Drizzt's magic, what's to stop him just gassing him while hidden in the shadows? Or just jumping out at him and catching him off guard? "
Drizzt is also a master of stealth. In his patrols in the under dark he was point. He can see perfectly in darkness. As for catching him off guard Drizzt is an Elf, well Dark elf. He has enhanced hearing and sight well beyond anything a human has.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Andferne

Iceingdeath This mighty scimitar is made of blue crystal with cold iron and white mithral inlays. Rubies and pearls are inset into the cross hilt, while a vibrant sapphire forms the pummel. The long, silver shaft has veins of blue quartz running through it. These appear to pulse occasionally, as though the weapon was alive. It is a magical blade with the power of frost. It protects the wielder from fire, and was crafted to combat the denizens of the lower planes. It is also capable of putting out magical and non magical flames.

Twinkle The blade of this mighty scimitar is warm to the touch, and flames have been carved across the surface. The intricacy of the carvings is breathtaking. They are done with suck skill that the sword seems to be burning with metallic flames. Someone must have spent several centuries rendering them. The metal of the blade is unfamiliar, it is light but shines like silver. Garnets and topazes are inset in the cross hilt, while a glowing diamond forms the pummel. This magical blade is extremely sharp with the slightest nick causing a nasty cut. It has the ability to warn its owner of danger and almost protecting him on instinct.

Taulmaril the Heartseeker This magical bow is wonderfully crafted by elves long ago. It has a white finish with leafs carved into dark wood, as well as a silvery string. It's enchantment is to make the arrows fired from it travel faster, making them hit harder. Even being able to pierce armor, and blow holes into people.

Quiver of Anariel This magical quiver seems to never run out of its silver arrows. There are 20 set into it, and each time one is fired another replaces it. When shot from a bow these silver arrows come alive with an electric force, adding to thier already powerful damage.

Anklets/Bracelets of Blinding Strike This pair of mithral anklets may be worn around the wrist or ankles. If worn around the wrists they allow the wearer to strike with uncanny speed. But if worn around the ankles they increase your speed of movements. Makeing you blindingly fast.

Spidersilk Shirt This black armor looks more like a shirt than actual armor. It is light weight and extremely flexable. It has been magically enchanted to help resist slashing cuts made from blades.

Mithral Chain This light weight metal is almost indestructible. It was a gift to him by his long time friend King Bruenor Battlehammer. It's shine never fades, and neither does its ability to protect him from danger.

Drow Traits Drow can naturally see in the dark, and can cast small cantrips. Faerie Fire, Dancing lights, and Darkness. They also have superior hearing than humans and are masters at stealth. The also have a natural resistance to spells and charms. Some spells even have the chance to utterly fail when cast against a drow.

Ranger Traits As a ranger Drizzt is an expert tracker, and can move as swift and silent as the wind. He is a master of fighting with two weapons, and a master bowman. He knows his way around natures creatures and habits as well as the terrain. They almost have a natural empathy with animals.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Baldy
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Baldy said:
Well, it doesn't state in the OP that Batman will have the opporitunity to go for a stealth strike, so I think that would be a good place to start. "
Doesn't say he can't either.

@Andferne said:
" @Baldy said:
Drizzt is also a master of stealth. In his patrols in the under dark he was point. He can see perfectly in darkness. As for catching him off guard Drizzt is an Elf, well Dark elf. He has enhanced hearing and sight well beyond anything a human has. "
You're talking about the guy that's managed to stay hidden from Superman, I'm pretty sure Batman is far beyond Drizzt when it comes to stealth.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Baldy: Only because of a device.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Andferne
@Baldy said:
"I'm pretty sure Batman is far beyond Drizzt when it comes to stealth. "
I'd beg to differ. Drizzt has trained for decades in the art of hiding. His decade in solace in the underdark demanded it, a place where no light ever touches and creatures that can dominate the mind lurk, even beasts that can turn you to stone with but a glance. Of which he has battled and did so blind. Not to mention his other decade of so living on the frozen tundra of Icewind Dale, where each turn could be your last. Running into Yeti or a Remorhav (spelling) or Frost Giants, among many other dangers. Not to mention the natural hazards.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock
@Baldy said:

"You're talking about the guy that's managed to stay hidden from Superman "

Because of tech. If not, it's purely PIS for Batman to be able to hide from from Superman (when he can hear and see damn near anything). Hiding from Superman doesn't really make him better than Drizzt when it comes to stealth, though.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Static Shock: LOL @ the av
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Static Shock: LOL @ the av "
Cult classic, I might add.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Static Shock said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Static Shock: LOL @ the av "
Cult classic, I might add. "
You've inspired me
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Static Shock

LOL.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @Baldy said:
"You're talking about the guy that's managed to stay hidden from Superman "
Because of tech. If not, it's purely PIS for Batman to be able to hide from from Superman (when he can hear damn near anything). Hiding from Superman doesn't really make him better than Drizzt when it comes to stealth, though. "
Superman smelled brownies in South Dakota form the Moon :P
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Static Shock
@Lunacyde said:
" Superman smelled brownies in South Dakota form the Moon :P "
Exactly.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Static Shock: I know the exact situation Baldy is talking about and it was with the use of a device.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock
@Lunacyde said:
" @Static Shock: I know the exact situation Baldy is talking about and it was with the use of a device. "
I think I remember it, too.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Baldy
@Lunacyde said:
" @Static Shock: I know the exact situation Baldy is talking about and it was with the use of a device. "
Doesn't mater how he did it, point is he did. Drizzt won't find him.

Batman outclasses him in every way other than magically enhanced speed an agility, which won't matter to someone who has trained with and come up with was to counter speedsters  that make Drizzt look like he's standing still.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Baldy: How does Batman outclass him in everything else? Drizzt clearly outclasses him in swordsmanship, he can summon globes of impenetrable darkness and fairy fire. Drizzt is faster, more agile and his senses are enhanced to levels greater than Batman's. Drizzt is also a master tactician. I love Batman, but I love Drizzt too and he would beat him.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Baldy said:
" @Lunacyde said:
Doesn't mater how he did it, point is he did. Drizzt won't find him.  Batman outclasses him in every way other than magically enhanced speed an agility, which won't matter to someone who has trained with and come up with was to counter speedsters  that make Drizzt look like he's standing still. "
Does matter, because it isn't part of his usual equipment.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock
@Baldy said:
"Doesn't mater how he did it, point is he did. Drizzt won't find him.  Batman outclasses him in every way other than magically enhanced speed an agility, which won't matter to someone who has trained with and come up with was to counter speedsters  that make Drizzt look like he's standing still. "
With the use of tech. It's not like he hid from Superman without it. A lot of Batman's stealth feats are based on tech, anyway. As far as coming up with ways to counter speedsters (I'm assuming you're talking about the time he tagged Bart), I saw Nightwing do the same thing with Wally. Doesn't make it valid.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Static Shock
@Ferro Vida said:
"Does matter, because it isn't part of his usual equipment. "
Well, it is. He uses it often. He tried the same thing against Mr. Terrific, who could see him even if he had stealth tech.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Andferne
@Baldy said:
"Doesn't mater how he did it, point is he did. Drizzt won't find him.  
Batman outclasses him in every way other than magically enhanced speed an agility, which won't matter to someone who has trained with and come up with was to counter speedsters  that make Drizzt look like he's standing still. "
Yes it does matter, if not just for the sole fact you tried to use it as evidence for your case. You tried to overplay Batman in your favor when it was his gear designed for that purpose. Not his skill at hiding.

Again not true. Drizzt agility and speed are indeed better than Batman, like you admitted. But even without the magical aid to them he would be superior in those departments. Drizzt is also a better swordsman, his entire life (which is extremely young for a elf) of 70 years or so has been dedicated to fighting. He has tons of experience behind it as well, taking on entire Orc hordes, among the other things I have mentioned already. He was said to be a prodigy, his father who had centuries of fighting under his belt and was viewed at the best Weapons Masters ever from the Drow saw this when he was very young. Even shortly after completing his schooling Drizzt was able to come up with a counter of a move no one thought possible. Adding to that at such a young age he was even able to best his father.

I would not even call Drizzt a speedster, far far from the likes of Flash or even Quicksilver. But he is not going to be attacking Batman with his fists, but two heavily enchanted blades (see above) both of which he is a master at. He will either light Batman up with faerie fire to make him an easier target to strike, or drop a globe of magical darkness around him, hampering his vision.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Andferne said:
" @Baldy said:
Batman outclasses him in every way other than magically enhanced speed an agility, which won't matter to someone who has trained with and come up with was to counter speedsters  that make Drizzt look like he's standing still. "
Yes it does matter, if not just for the sole fact you tried to use it as evidence for your case. You tried to overplay Batman in your favor when it was his gear designed for that purpose. Not his skill at hiding.  Again not true. Drizzt agility and speed are indeed better than Batman, like you admitted. But even without the magical aid to them he would be superior in those departments. Drizzt is also a better swordsman, his entire life (which is extremely young for a elf) of 70 years or so has been dedicated to fighting. He has tons of experience behind it as well, taking on entire Orc hordes, among the other things I have mentioned already. He was said to be a prodigy, his father who had centuries of fighting under his belt and was viewed at the best Weapons Masters ever from the Drow saw this when he was very young. Even shortly after completing his schooling Drizzt was able to come up with a counter of a move no one thought possible. Adding to that at such a young age he was even able to best his father.  I would not even call Drizzt a speedster, far far from the likes of Flash or even Quicksilver. But he is not going to be attacking Batman with his fists, but two heavily enchanted blades (see above) both of which he is a master at. He will either light Batman up with faerie fire to make him an easier target to strike, or drop a globe of magical darkness around him, hampering his vision. "
If I wasn't lazy and tired this is what I would have said lol.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Andferne

I'm getting to the tired point. So with that I'm out, will have to check back in on this later.

Peace.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Static Shock said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
"Does matter, because it isn't part of his usual equipment. "
Well, it is. He uses it often. He tried the same thing against Mr. Terrific, who could see him even if he had stealth tech. "
Sorry, I haven't seen him use it. I'll take your word for it, though.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Baldy
@Andferne said:
" @Baldy said:
Yes it does matter, if not just for the sole fact you tried to use it as evidence for your case. You tried to overplay Batman in your favor when it was his gear designed for that purpose. Not his skill at hiding.  Again not true. Drizzt agility and speed are indeed better than Batman, like you admitted. But even without the magical aid to them he would be superior in those departments. Drizzt is also a better swordsman, his entire life (which is extremely young for a elf) of 70 years or so has been dedicated to fighting. He has tons of experience behind it as well, taking on entire Orc hordes, among the other things I have mentioned already. He was said to be a prodigy, his father who had centuries of fighting under his belt and was viewed at the best Weapons Masters ever from the Drow saw this when he was very young. Even shortly after completing his schooling Drizzt was able to come up with a counter of a move no one thought possible. Adding to that at such a young age he was even able to best his father.  I would not even call Drizzt a speedster, far far from the likes of Flash or even Quicksilver. But he is not going to be attacking Batman with his fists, but two heavily enchanted blades (see above) both of which he is a master at. He will either light Batman up with faerie fire to make him an easier target to strike, or drop a globe of magical darkness around him, hampering his vision. "
Hmm some good points, I'm going to think about this further.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock
@Ferro Vida said:
" Sorry, I haven't seen him use it. I'll take your word for it, though. "
I remember him using it against White Martians, too. But, it's very vague, so I don't remember much. What I do know is that he mainly uses stealth tech against those with superhuman senses. Without it, he's eluded people that were looking dead at him (Azrael, a normal cop, etc.) and those that see him but can't find him with they take another look (Jay Garrick).
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Andferne

It was brought up that Batman has dealt with speedsters before. In his own world so has Drizzt in the form of a Quickling named Tephanis. They are evil small fey creatures that move in blinding speeds, looking just like a blur.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Andferne

Bump.

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Andferne said:

Bump.
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BringnIt

The Dark... Elf.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lady_liberty

Drizzt has him beat here. Batman is a great fighter, but Drizzt is so much better.

Drizzt is fast, with magical equipment that makes him even faster.

Plus Drizzt has swords, which deal a lot more damage then fists, even without the magical enhancements of the swords.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Lady_Liberty said:

Drizzt has him beat here. Batman is a great fighter, but Drizzt is so much better.

Drizzt is fast, with magical equipment that makes him even faster.

Plus Drizzt has swords, which deal a lot more damage then fists, even without the magical enhancements of the swords.

I agree Drizzt wins here. He is indeed faster and a better swordsman, as he has his swords for this fight, he wins. But I disagree he is a more skilled overall 'fighter' perse.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lady_liberty

@Super_SoldierXII: I've read all of his books, and I have to disagree. Drizzt is simply more skilled.

Of course he does has some unfair advantages on Bruce in that regard, because he was raised from a young age to fight and has many times more years to learn then Bruce.

I do feel that Bruce has a greater number of skills, but I don't think he has higher level of skill in any of his primary weapon systems.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Lady_Liberty said:

@Super_SoldierXII: I've read all of his books, and I have to disagree. Drizzt is simply more skilled.

Of course he does has some unfair advantages on Bruce in that regard, because he was raised from a young age to fight and has many times more years to learn then Bruce.

I do feel that Bruce has a greater number of skills, but I don't think he has higher level of skill in any of his primary weapon systems.

I've read them all too. Been a few years, but I'm a pretty big Salvatore fan. Maybe you misunderstand my meaning ... Drizzt is a better 'swordsman' than Bruce. But that is all. He's done nothing to show he'd be a better overall fighter nor that he's even a better strategist. Far from it actually.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lady_liberty

@Super_SoldierXII: I'm not really a Salvatore fan, I don't think he's a very good writer at all. But I did enjoy some of his stories anyway. I'm a sucker for Faerun I guess.

Overall fighter: There are two parts to this. Degree of skill with a weapon system. Number of weapon systems one has skill in. Bruce is skilled with a greater number of weapon systems, but Drizzt has a greater degree of skill in his primary systems.

Drizzt has obeyed the 80/20 principle. Bruce has failed to. This (plus his age) gives Drizzt a skill advantage.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Lady_Liberty said:

@Super_SoldierXII: I'm not really a Salvatore fan, I don't think he's a very good writer at all. But I did enjoy some of his stories anyway. I'm a sucker for Faerun I guess.

Overall fighter: There are two parts to this. Degree of skill with a weapon system. Number of weapon systems one has skill in. Bruce is skilled with a greater number of weapon systems, but Drizzt has a greater degree of skill in his primary systems.

Drizzt has obeyed the 80/20 principle. Bruce has failed to. This (plus his age) gives Drizzt a skill advantage.

Bottom line, Drizzt has done nothing to show he is a better fighter. Take away his blades, make this a hand to hand fight, and Bruce cleans house. The only skill advantage Drizzt has shown is with a blade. That is all. And that is enough for him to take a win in a random here.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lady_liberty

@Super_SoldierXII: Why on earth would Drizzt give up a superior weapon system? That makes no sense at all. The entire reason people invented weapons is because they were better then fists.

Invest the majority of your effort into your most effective tool. Drizzt has done that, by training the sword first, and the bow second.

Bruce has failed to do that. Even though his intellect and will power are second to almost none, he is his own worst enemy. He makes bad strategic choices. He picks a weak weapon as his primary weapon. He distributes his efforts over a large number of weapons, instead of focusing on one or two highly effective weapons. I like Bruce a lot better, but his own messed up mind brings most of his problems on himself, and this fight is no exception.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Lady_Liberty said:

@Super_SoldierXII: Why on earth would Drizzt give up a superior weapon system? That makes no sense at all. The entire reason people invented weapons is because they were better then fists.

Invest the majority of your effort into your most effective tool. Drizzt has done that, by training the sword first, and the bow second.

Bruce has failed to do that. Even though his intellect and will power are second to almost none, he is his own worst enemy. He makes bad strategic choices. He picks a weak weapon as his primary weapon. He distributes his efforts over a large number of weapons, instead of focusing on one or two highly effective weapons. I like Bruce a lot better, but his own messed up mind brings most of his problems on himself, and this fight is no exception.

Bruce is a hand to hand specialist while Drizzt is a swords-master. Bruce has chosen this specialization as he refuses to take a life needlessly. Which is why I stated outside of swordplay, Bruce has Drizzt beat. It is an accurate statement. Bruce relies on science and gadgets to take more powerful foes down.

If we really want to get into it, I can make an argument for Bruce winning; tell me how Drizzt does not fall to a simple gas pellet then? Or sonics? Or any number of gadgets Bruce carries as standard fare? Crap, Bruce even carries super magnets that would see Drizzt and his mithril armor immobilized off the get-go ... Bruce is a strategist par excellence and has plenty gear carried as standard fare to hold up just fine against Do'urden .