• 56 results
#1 Edited by Wolverine08 (26775 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Deathstroke

Rules:

Random Encounter

Pre 52 versions

Morals Off

Standard Equipment, but Batman gets a Promethium sword.

Batman gets equal physicals to Slade in strength, speed, and stamina. He doesn't get Deathstroke's healing factor or enhanced brain.

Generic empty downtown city at night

Can the Dark Knight prevail over The Terminator now that he's got equalized physicals?

#2 Posted by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay this would be closer. If you gave Batman Slade's enhanced brain, Batman would have stomped. I'll go with Batman 7/10 times.

#3 Posted by CF12793 (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

We've already seen that a Batman without Slade's physicals can give Slade a really difficult time and/or beat him, so the odds are even more in favor of Batman here.

Batman wins 8/10

#4 Edited by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: Batman has only given Slade good fights due to catching Slade off guard. Batman doesn't really hold his own effectively in those fights.

#5 Posted by patrat18 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:

We've already seen that a Batman without Slade's physicals can give Slade a really difficult time and/or beat him, so the odds are even more in favor of Batman here.

Batman wins 8/10

#6 Posted by CF12793 (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: Batman has only given Slade good fights due to catching Slade off guard. Batman doesn't really hold his own effectively in those fights.

The reason why Batman gives Slade good fights is because he's way more skilled then Slade is.

Batman has beaten Slade before and in every encounter they've had, it's clear that the reason why Batman loses is because of Slade's enhanced physical attributes and healing factor.

#7 Posted by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:

@monsterstomp said:

The reason why Batman gives Slade good fights is because he's way more skilled then Slade is.

Batman has beaten Slade before and in every encounter they've had, it's clear that the reason why Batman loses is because of Slade's enhanced physical attributes and healing factor.

This isn't true. It's mainly due to Batman's element of surprise and Deathstroke carelessness to fight Batman. Give me more than one instance where Batman beats Slade in a head on fight.

#8 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3682 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: lol now your defending Slade!?!? Make up your mind already! *joke*. Haha. For the fight... I say bats 6/10

#9 Edited by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: lol now your defending Slade!?!? Make up your mind already! *joke*. Haha. For the fight... I say bats 6/10

I only defend Slade when I feel the need to correct people, but Batman would win this fight. Morals off should make it a stomp.

#10 Posted by CF12793 (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:

@monsterstomp said:

This isn't true. It's mainly due to Batman's element of surprise and Deathstroke carelessness to fight Batman. Give me more than one instance where Batman beats Slade in a head on fight.

I don't want to get into a debate with you over this. I've had a long day at work and I'm very tired.

Tomorrow, when I have more energy, I'll tell you why I'm right here.

#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (26775 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:

@monsterstomp said:

Batman's raw technical martial art skill does indeed surpass that of Deathstroke's, but he's never beaten him in a straight up random encounter fight.

#12 Posted by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:
@monsterstomp said:

@cf12793 said:

@monsterstomp said:

I don't want to get into a debate with you over this. I've had a long day at work and I'm very tired.

Tomorrow, when I have more energy, I'll tell you why I'm right here.

Okay, just note that I'm not taking anything away from Batman, I just call it as I see it. Batman simply doesn't hold up well against Slade despite having a massive skill advantage.

#13 Posted by dondave (26917 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce

#14 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3682 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Wolverine08 (26775 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono I know you'll want to get in on this.

#16 Edited by Jmarshmallow (2716 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: What? Are you forrizzles?

You mean besides that time that Batman gives Slade such a good fight that after the brawl Slade ends up getting one-shotted by a guy who "kicks horses for a living"?!?!

That's not holding up well?

Jmarshmallow

#17 Edited by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Wolverine08 (26775 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Jmarshmallow (2716 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: GAH. I just spent like 10 minutes trying to find the issue. I'll continue to look if you'll be patient.

But yeah, DS beat Bats in the fight, but he walked away from it incredibly injured.

He then went on to tie up a guy he stumbled upon, and the guy could only use his feet. The guy kicked him and knocked him the fudge out till the police arrived, and explained how he "kicks horses for a living," so he's not surprised that he was able to take down DS.

There's the context, just so you know I'm not making things up.

Jmarshmallow

#20 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: @monsterstomp: IIRC its Deathstroke #7 you guys are referring to. Deathstroke #8 is when he gets beaten up by the guy who kicks horses for a living.

#21 Edited by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@jmarshmallow: @monsterstomp: IIRC its Deathstroke #7 you guys are referring to. Deathstroke #8 is when he gets beaten up by the guy who kicks horses for a living.

Cheers.

#22 Posted by Jmarshmallow (2716 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by RisingBean (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

My question is this. What kind of job has it where you kick horses for a living?

#25 Posted by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

My question is this. What kind of job has it where you kick horses for a living?

LMAO

#26 Posted by Jmarshmallow (2716 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: Exactly. It makes absolutely no sense, which just proves how badly Bruce banged Slade up.

I'm pretty sure it's dead horses that he kicks too. Weird.

Jmarshmallow

#27 Edited by Omnicrono (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

Oh yeah! Thanks for the heads-up. :)

I am pretty much in agreement with what has already been said. Batman is going to win 7-8 out of 10. Bats has already been shown capable of giving Slade a good go of it without the enhanced stats.

I think the promethium sword is an interesting twist. Not entirely sure, but from I know I'd also say Batman is a better swordsman than Slade overall. I'd like to see more swordplay feats from Slade though.

EDIT: Just noticed that this is "morals off" even. Heh, yeah... Batman's got this one. I'm actually going to change my stance to Bats 9/10 in this scenario. The only things keeping Batman from decimating DS in the comics (pre 52) are Slade's enhancements and the fact that Bats won't use killing blows.

#28 Posted by Wolverine08 (26775 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono:

I would say Slade and Batman are about equal in sword usage (While Batman is the superior hand to hand combatant.) 9/10 seems like a stretch to me to be frank. Slade will still put up a pretty good fight here, but I think Batman walks way with a 7/10 majority.

#29 Edited by Omnicrono (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@omnicrono:

I would say Slade and Batman are about equal in sword usage (While Batman is the superior hand to hand combatant.) 9/10 seems like a stretch to me to be frank. Slade will still put up a pretty good fight here, but I think Batman walks way with a 7/10 majority.

Fair enough. Yeah, I would need to do more research on Slade's swordsmanship. I can believe they'd be equal in that area though. If that were the case, I'd say Batman 8/10 again.

#30 Posted by RisingBean (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by Omnicrono (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

By the way... I do think they would be hard fought battles, but I still believe he'd take 9/10 of them. Just wanted to clarify. :)

#32 Posted by Wyldsong (4172 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade has had problems with Batman with just his normal physical stats, but has still come out on top. Give Batman physical stats equal to Slade, and I'd back Bat's for the heavy majority.

#33 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

tough, tough fight. they probably get annoyed fighting eachother and go curbstomp wolverine.

#34 Posted by M_Man (347 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the first time they fought? Wasn't that a straight up fight and Slade, although the victor, came out extremely injured IIRC?

#35 Posted by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man said:

@monsterstomp said:

What about the first time they fought? Wasn't that a straight up fight and Slade, although the victor, came out extremely injured IIRC?

I only have a hand full of scans. Was this fight where they were on the building? And in Batman's second attempt he was one-shotted?

#36 Posted by M_Man (347 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man: Batman got stomped and then one-shotted lol. Darthstroke wasn't walking away injured.

#38 Edited by M_Man (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp:

I just found the scans. It was not a stomp and Slade was patching up his wounds and stated Batman was the toughest fighter he's ever fought, that he didn't want to fight him without his enhancements, and that he'd be feeling his blows for days despite his healing factor.

#39 Posted by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

#40 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man: Batman got stomped and then one-shotted lol. Darthstroke wasn't walking away injured.

He was. Deathstroke #7 is the fight with the roof top. And he did comment on batman's skill as well afterwards.

#41 Posted by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@monsterstomp said:

He was. Deathstroke #7 is the fight with the roof top. And he did comment on batman's skill as well afterwards.

Slade was caught off guard the second attempt, prior to that he wasn't injured, I don't think.

#42 Posted by M_Man (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp:

Wait are you referring to when Deathstroke was attempting to snipe someone? If so then yeah Batman got one shotted that time.

#43 Edited by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man

And then...

One shotted.

#44 Edited by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@monsterstomp said:

Slade was caught off guard the second attempt, prior to that he wasn't injured, I don't think.

We do see him holding onto the wall after batman is down and before the cheap shot. I guess he was a little bit hurt from batman's attacks all thought the cheap shot did more damage. I can upload the other scans if you want?

#45 Edited by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Yeah we have the same scans. Its hard to tell if he was injured after Batman's first fight. He was on a ledge, so leaning on the wall seems logical, but we can't really tell, Batman only got a few hits in.

EDIT: Oh I see what wall leaning part you were talking about. Leaning on the glass. Still hard to tell.

#46 Edited by M_Man (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp:

Yes that's the fight I was referring to and yes slade was injured and stating everything I mentioned afterwards:

#47 Edited by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man: Yeah after the cheap shot. Like I said, Batman only puts up good fights when catch Slade off guard.

#48 Posted by M_Man (347 posts) - - Show Bio

In fact he was so injured he was later beaten by a man with his hands tied and lot less skilled than Batman.

#49 Edited by M_Man (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp:

I HIGHLY doubt that one hit caused all those injuries and made Slade state what he did.

#50 Posted by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man said:

@monsterstomp:

I HIGHLY doubt that one hit caused all those injuries and made Slade state what he did.

Slade favoured his left arm, which was only struck in the second attempt. If Batman gets a free shot, I don't see him holding back.