they fought a couple times and DS mopped the floor with him
jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By jay_z94  Online

Batman would probably lose due to the simple fact he doesn't kill, but if batman wants DS dead, he's dead. However, during this straight up fight, DS would prevail.

Aurum19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

Batman would probably lose due to the simple fact he doesn't kill, but if batman wants DS dead, he's dead. However, during this straight up fight, DS would prevail.

I doubt it, Deathstroke is just too good. If someone hired deathstroke to kill Batman, and Batman was fighting for his life, he'd still lose

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batmans more skilled, but Deathstroke is more powerful.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By CalebHara

This stament is completely false. They have fought 2 times and Batman has not been far behind Slade in any of their fights.

In their first fight, Slade decisively won, after a good fight in which they both got their hits in. After the fight Slade stated that "without my enhancements i would have lost" he also says that "his wounds would take days to heal" despite his healing factor. To emplhasize how badly he was wounded, he lost to a man right after wards who wasn't even peak human.

Their second fight, was a three round fight, in which Slade edged round 1 and 2, Bruce took him out in the third. He had him wincing in pain with his punches, and then took Slade's rifle to the side of his head.

Their only other combat encounter, is when Batman KO's Slade in one kick in the Superman Batman Anual.

So no, Slade has never mopped the floor with Bruce.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about current versions? Would be interesting.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

That's a good one. Batman wins in a hand-to-hand combat. However to the death, Deathstroke definitely wins.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#58 god_spawn  Moderator

Slade as usual.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Stronger

Deathstroke wins 7/10 fights.

Batman is clearly more skilled and has better equipment,but Deathstroke is just above him in physical stats.Batman will probably decide to take him h2h,and that's why he will lose,after an epic fight.Deathstroke will have serious injuries after that fight. Anyway,Batman should be able to take at least 3 out of 10 battles.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke won the majority of their encounters, if it weren't for his enhancements he would lose.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke beat batman, but he also had a monologue on how he's fought the best but batman was better, and if he didnt have he's improvements than he would've lost

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dc_marvel_1000 said:

This stament is completely false. They have fought 2 times and Batman has not been far behind Slade in any of their fights.

In their first fight, Slade decisively won, after a good fight in which they both got their hits in. After the fight Slade stated that "without my enhancements i would have lost" he also says that "his wounds would take days to heal" despite his healing factor. To emplhasize how badly he was wounded, he lost to a man right after wards who wasn't even peak human.

Their second fight, was a three round fight, in which Slade edged round 1 and 2, Bruce took him out in the third. He had him wincing in pain with his punches, and then took Slade's rifle to the side of his head.

Their only other combat encounter, is when Batman KO's Slade in one kick in the Superman Batman Anual.

So no, Slade has never mopped the floor with Bruce.

This.

walrusbutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope all of you who base these off of track records know you're idiots, right? We're talking about the two individuals who's track records only make them stronger. Now as of currently since the two are so familiar with each other, I'd give the edge of hand to hand combat to Batman due to his more vast knowledge of martial arts; though he wouldn't risk it unless he really had to because he probably would be beaten to near death. Oh? Did I just blow all of your minds? Did I just give the reason why Batman ambushed people? Oh I think I just did. It's all a matter on who sneaks up on who at this point since they both are aware of what the other is capable of.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke ftw

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@walrusbutter: Welcome to the vine. Just a little beginner pro tip, don't try to sound arrogant while making your posts. There are some issues with your post.

People who base these fights off of track records are not idiots. They have faced off two times, they have each other in their track records. Is it idiotic to go against how the actual writers of the comic depict a fight between these two combatants?

You said you give the edge in hand to hand combat to Batman. Then you said that he would be beaten nearly to death. Does that make any sense at all?

Batman ambushes people because he uses stealth to his advantage. It is also used to induce fear. He isn't like Slade. Slade goes and kicks in the front door an kills everyone that tries to fight him. Batman would pick them off one by one.

Thats honestly not what it comes down to. Slade doesn't have the stealth feats to show that he can sneak up on Bruce, and Slade's senses are too good for Bruce to sneak up on him. A fight is inevitable. It comes down to, who wins in a straight up fight.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke wins this one.

Qcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Qcrow

Not knowing who ds is nor his abilities Batman only temporarily loses the encounter. Now that he knows who he is and his abilities ds has literally 0% chance. The bat has beaten Superman who is Slade to Superman power wise? Batman is mankind's check on the jla gtfo with this ds 9/10 stuff.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qcrow said:

Not knowing who ds is nor his abilities Batman only temporarily loses the encounter. Now that he knows who he is and his abilities ds has literally 0% chance. The bat has beaten Superman who is Slade to Superman power wise? Batman is mankind's check on the jla gtfo with this ds 9/10 stuff.

Batman has lost to deathstroke more then once so this idea batman has knowledge now and will win is flawed. And batman has never beaten superman in canon.

Khaled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please Batman Stomps!!! This has been done multiple times and Batman has beaten Deathstroke multiple times in comics. Batman ( Which is the latest version ) has an indestructable suit that he beat the crap out of Deathstroke in.

Batman Stomps!!! always has, always will.

Qcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: guess my post didnt send. If one sneaks up on the other the sneaky one wins, but high noon anything goes I don't think slade stands a chance. As for sm vs bm ill just agree to disagree too controversial.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is extremely tough. But I believe that in a straight up fight with both, Batman should win 6/10, maybe even 7/10. Deathstroke does have the large strength and speed advantage. But in all their fights, as someone else mentioned, Batman never uses weaponry. This is kind of our-of-character. Also, an extremely skilled martial artist like Batman should close the gap in physicals. And since Batman has beaten far more impressive foes than Deathstroke, I think that he should edge him out.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qcrow said:

@jashro44: guess my post didnt send. If one sneaks up on the other the sneaky one wins, but high noon anything goes I don't think slade stands a chance. As for sm vs bm ill just agree to disagree too controversial.

Slade has all ready beaten batman multiple times. You said that because batman has knowledge now he wont lose. He all ready fought deathstroke with knowledge of what slade could do and he still lost.

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By BWANASIMBA

Bruce is smarter than Slade and more skilled... but Slade is more ruthless, stronger, faster, heals a lot faster, more agile, just plain tougher and I'd argue has better tools in a random encounter. Bats gets the crap kicked out of him.

DraZah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DraZah

DS beat Bats before. But Batman has Beat DS before

@kinasin_ said:

Batman thumped him twice.

That said the inner fanboy in me screams Batman and in martial arts batman is probably superior. With prep batman would beat out deathstroke imo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Batman has beaten Slade multiple times.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Slade ocks Batman bad. Just like before. Batman has not beaten Slade "multiple" times. Slade is a metahuman

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Batman has beaten Slade multiple times.

No he hasn't. He beat him once. In the same comic Slade could have defeated batman twice but he was focused on his job rather then the fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: As already mentioned, there is the instance of Batman one shotting Slade. Now, the fight you are referring to is interesting. Let's break it down, page by page.

detective710-batvstroke1b.jpg

Batman slams into Deathstroke, and hits him once. His blows cause obvious pain, but no real severe damage.

detective710-batvstroke1c.jpg

In this page, Slade gains the upper hand, punching Batman in the face, kicking him in the head, and kneeing him in the stomach.

detective710-batvstroke1d.jpg

Slade goes to complete the assassination. Notice however, that his blows did not knock Batman out. It is possible that the Dark Knight could have defended himself from killing blows at this point.

detective710-batvstroke2a.jpg

Batman kicks Slade in the face. It is good to note that Batman was able to move faster than DS could react.

detective710-batvstroke2b.jpg

Batman lands several more hits. They are obviously causing serious pain/damage.

detective710-batvstroke2c.jpg

DS is able to quickly recover, and once again knocks Batman down. It is again worth noting that Batman is not knocked out, and potentially could have defended himself.

detective710-batvstroke2d.jpg

Batman attacks Deathstroke again, making him miss his shot.

detective710-batvstroke2e.jpg

Batman does serious damage here, and Slade says that he is going to finish this.

detective710-batvstroke2f.jpg

Batman proceeds to knock DS out with his own gun.

So there you have it. Both land about the same number of hits, DS is unable to knock Batman out, and to say that Batman was defenseless and could have been killed is speculation. The fight ends with Batman victorious against the physically superior Slade.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: Batman one shotted Slade with a cheap shot. By that logic Harley quinn has defeated batman. In your third scan batman was on the ground and could barely stand. It is clear if Slade wanted to keep punching batman he could have. Same deal with the 7th scan. Its clear that if Slade wanted to finish batman he could have kept punching him. Slade was portrayed to be batmans suepioer. The reason he didn't finish the fight was because he had a job to do. He doesn't have a job to do here, so he can just keep pummeling batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: If he was portrayed to be Batman's superior than why was he beaten? He was unable to knock Batman unconscious, and wound up being trussed up.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: If he was portrayed to be Batman's superior than why was he beaten? He was unable to knock Batman unconscious, and wound up being trussed up.

Because he chose to focus on his mission. I all ready stated that.

This doesn't even acknowledge that Slade let batman have the first few shots (hence his comment "this is your last free shot batman!"). So no batman isn't physically suepioer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Batman isn't physically superior. I never stated that.

He didn't let him have those. It was a little statement, because he was having the tar beaten out of him.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jashro44

@thebourneposter:

Batman isn't physically superior. I never stated that.

My mistake I misread the last sentence of your first comment.

He didn't let him have those. It was a little statement, because he was having the tar beaten out of him.

I disagree. As soon as Slade said that he grabbed his punch and floored batman. Based off of that seems to me Slade could have caught batmans punch whenever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Then why did he take punches that caused obvious pain?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Then why did he take punches that caused obvious pain?

I think it was because he didn't think they would hurt. Later on he says "All right your good, I'm hurting." which tells me he let batman have some free shots because Slade wanted to show batman couldn't hurt him (Slade was obviously mistaken).

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade wins. Especially if this is new 52 versions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: That sounds reasonable. But I believe that there is more to this fight than there previous records, and anyone making a decision based on their previous fights is making an uniformed decision.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: That sounds reasonable. But I believe that there is more to this fight than there previous records, and anyone making a decision based on their previous fights is making an uniformed decision.

To me its just the fact Slade has been portrayed as better then batman in most confrontations. Coupled with his physicals, healing factor, and willingness to kill (which Slade really hasn't utilized on batman in past battles) Slade would take the edge.

ZenRazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ZenRazor

Having Slade Fatal doesn't mean that makes him any better.Infact it makes him weaker since he can easily kill everyone while Batman has foughten countless enemies H2H.A good fight would be Heretic vs Slade since Heretic took on Batman and nightwing at the same time.Only thing is Batman has now geared up if he demolishes Heretic I don't know how Slade would keep up with a more modern Batman.DS fan's have been getting out of hand with him.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade wins. Especially if this is new 52 versions.

HERLOS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death-Stroke would have to be blind in both eyes, deaf in a ear and fight with one hand at his back for batman to have a chance at beating DS.....i'm batman biggest fan but he can't beat DS only maybe if he uses his exo-skeleton machine......

RedHotPedroS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Origins is coming out soon. It seems like a good Batman vs Deathstrike fight

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#94  Edited By THORSON

deathstroke

he would effup that eh-hole.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Stroke.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this even a battle? They've fought multiple times, and DS comes out on top the majority of times. He's Batman's Kryptonite.

If Batman cut loose his morals, then I would say that'd be a fun battle.

Jmarshmallow

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade. Though I really want to see Batman v Deathstroke in the n52. Deathstroke strips his armour off, no weapons, its dead quiet, both glaring at each other, keen for one final showdown. 20 panels later, Batman walks away with the win.

Would be the most epic fight in comics.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Someone should make a Slade vs Batman battle where Batman has Slade's enhancements.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By CF12793

I really do think this fight could go either way.

Batman and Deathstroke have a lot in common: Weapons, martial arts, genius level intellect, master strategists, etc. the only thing that Deathstroke REALLY has over Batman is his physicals, and if Batman is not far behind in physicality (Batman is Peak human, Slade is low level superhuman) and has beaten superhumans before that are tougher then Slade, why exactly should Deathstroke win simply because he's stronger and faster then Batman is?

Truth is, the only thing that really saves DS in his encounters with Batman is his healing factor, and Bruce wouldn't be able to figure out a way to neutralize it in a physical encounter. I've always thought that the only way you could beat Slade is if you were to kill him, and while Bruce is more then capable of doing that, he never would because of his code.

So all in all I would say this is a very close fight, with Deathstroke getting a 6/10 victory over Batman. But again, a case could be made for Batman to win.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone should make a Slade vs Batman battle where Batman has Slade's enhancements.

Batman would so stomp Slade XD