Batman Vs Darth Sidious

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarkScarecrow

Place: Inside of a Death Star. Sidious is sitting on his dark throne.
Batman gets at least 5 weeks to prep. 
Darth Sidious gets 4 weeks to prep. 
Sidious is willing to kill Batman. 
Batman is willing to stop Sidious once and for all. 
Morals are standard. 
Weapons are part of the prep.
Winner?

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor Bruce.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fetts

My god. Batman gets murdered like no other man has before.

DarkScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DarkScarecrow

But....they have prep. :(

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Darth Sidious: And now young Wayne, you will die! 

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even prep can save the Bat-God in this match.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By steelhound56

Sidious may be arguably better at prep than Bruce.

The Sith Lord orchestrated a galactic wide conflict by manipulating both The Separitist Movement and the Senate. The war itself fed Darkness into The Force, causing many Jedi to succumb to the Dark Side due to witnessing the horrors of warfare.

Sidious did all this while making political machinations to wrest power and control from the Senate as Palpatine right under the noses of Jedi Council members like Yoda, Mace Windu, and Saesee Tin.

They only found out about Sidious when he revealed himself to Anakin Skywalker. By that time, Palpatine was a dictator in all but name, and had manipulated the public's opinion of the Jedi Order in order to cement his position as Emperor of his new Empire by accusing the Jedi of attempting assassination in an attempt to overthrow the Republic.

He manipulated several Jedi prior to the Clone Wars, including Master Sifo Dyas in order to create a clone army for the impending conflict. These clones were programmed to be completely loyal to Palpatine alone. He made great use of the clones to execute Order 66, which wiped out an millenia old order of wise, powerful beings in a single stroke.

That being said, none of this matters. Palpatine speedblitzes and decapitates Batman in a fight that lasts about 3 seconds.

Or creates a Force Storm capable of warping time and space, annhiliating Bruce.

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheBatman586

Batman would win against movie Sidious.
EU Sidious, Bats would probably lose. 5 weeks isn't enough time for Bruce to prep against someone like him, not to mention that Sidious also has prep in this scenario.

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By spystreak

there's no hope for Bruce at all

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jojjimbo

Darth Sidious wins.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JediWaffles

Stomped. So. Hard. Bruce has no answer for the Force. Other than that, Sidious is an excellent combatant with the lightsaber, which absolutely demolishes Batman.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Onemoreposter

YO. This battle should be more specific. For these beings to fight they have to be in either the star wars galaxy, the dcu, or an amalgam of the two. In the DCU palpatine would be powerless so Batman cleans up quick against an old geezer. In the star wars galaxy Batman can't use the force and is just @$#*ed three ways from Sunday. However, in an amalgam I preposition that Batman would be the strongest user of the bat-force (which they change the name to in honor of batman) in existence.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JediWaffles

@Onemoreposter said:

YO. This battle should be more specific. For these beings to fight they have to be in either the star wars galaxy, the dcu, or an amalgam of the two. In the DCU palpatine would be powerless so Batman cleans up quick against an old geezer. In the star wars galaxy Batman can't use the force and is just @$#*ed three ways from Sunday. However, in an amalgam I preposition that Batman would be the strongest user of the bat-force (which they change the name to in honor of batman) in existence.

Even without the Force, i'd say Sidious is still a massive threat in h2h with his lightsaber. His fighting feats are quite impressive, although he does lose a huge amount of agility without the Force to augment it.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By willpayton

@steelhound56 said:

The Sith Lord orchestrated a galactic wide conflict by manipulating both The Separitist Movement and the Senate. The war itself fed Darkness into The Force, causing many Jedi to succumb to the Dark Side due to witnessing the horrors of warfare.

Sidious did all this while making political machinations to wrest power and control from the Senate as Palpatine right under the noses of Jedi Council members like Yoda, Mace Windu, and Saesee Tin.

That's silly, most of the stuff that happened in the prequels with the Emperor scheming and manipulating people made no sense. You should check out RedLetterMedia's star wars reviews on YouTube and see what I mean. Most of what happened was either PIS or just crappy writing by Lucas. There's no way Sidious is anywhere near Batman in prep ability.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce encores the Insider, KO's Sidious before he gets a chance to react. The Emp is my favorite star wars character.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@WillPayton said:

@steelhound56 said:

That's silly, most of the stuff that happened in the prequels with the Emperor scheming and manipulating people made no sense. You should check out RedLetterMedia's star wars reviews on YouTube and see what I mean. Most of what happened was either PIS or just crappy writing by Lucas. There's no way Sidious is anywhere near Batman in prep ability.

Read Plagueis, ignore the films, don't blindly follow critics (especially boring ones like RedLetterMedia)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By willpayton

@JediXMan said:

Read Plagueis, ignore the films, don't blindly follow critics (especially boring ones like RedLetterMedia)

LOL... I didnt think his reviews were boring at all. Quite spot on actually.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@WillPayton said:

@JediXMan said:

I was bored. He has an extremely boring voice. It doesn't matter what he's selling; it's all about presentation, and voice has a lot to do with it.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By willpayton

@JediXMan said:

@WillPayton said:

@JediXMan said:

I was bored. He has an extremely boring voice. It doesn't matter what he's selling; it's all about presentation, and voice has a lot to do with it.

I'll admit he talks slowly and yes, sometimes, could be better. But, still overall, I found the reviews very entertaining and insightful, especially towards the end of the reviews where he talks about movie-making techniques and stuff like that.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By steelhound56

Like JediXMan said, take the movies with a grain of salt. These debates include the EU, so read up a bit on EU Palpatine. The dude is absolutely insane, and is a better prepper than Bruce is.

He took down a galaxy wide order of superhuman beings, and overthrew a milennia old government with political machinations and orchestration of a galaxy wide war, manipulating both sides of the conflict.

He did all of this under the noses of beings with absolutely incredible abilities of perception, foresight, and wisdom. The fact that he hid under Yoda's nose for decades without the Grandmaster having even an inkling of what was going on is an incredible feat in his favor.

When I see Bruce do that, I'll concede the point that he is a better prepper than Palpatine is.

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CaptainRodgers

Flagged for the obvious mismatch

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By progenitorigin

Batman gets stomped horribly, I don't even think the Insider Suit could save Bruce in this instance.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Stronger

@Supermanwithatan01 said:

Bruce encores the Insider, KO's Sidious before he gets a chance to react. The Emp is my favorite star wars character.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Silver2467
@progenitor said:

I don't even think the Insider Suit could save Bruce in this instance.

You would be correct. Even with the Insider, Palpatine is still faster, is still more versatile, is still has greater destructive capacity, and is still functionally immortal. He could utilize his lightsaber in conjunction with his imperceptibly fast combat speed to kill Batman in close quarter. He could telekinetically knock over a building on Batman or injure him internally. He could siphon the life out of Batman to kill him. He could open a wormhole to kill him. For all it matters, he could exit his physical vessel and attempt to possess him. The powers afforded by the Insider armor are for limited usage. They only operate for a short period and then require a recharge, and on top of that, most of them are useless. Invisibility: Useless. Palpatine can still sense him, visible on the light spectrum or otherwise (Sidious could fight the entire battle blindfolded). Speed Force: Useless. He never showed any speed with it anywhere resembling the Flashes, and with Palpatine's reflexive and combat speeds, it would be ineffective. Lasso: Useless. Batman would have to be able to tag him with it, which by itself is unlikely, and even if he did, that does nothing to restrict Palpatine's powers. The only meritable practical applications of the Insider armor here are its durability and energy blasts (heat vision and GL energy emissions), durability of which can be circumvented and all of which projectiles can still be evaded. Really, Palpatine does not even need prep to win this. Batman is completely incapable of beating him, prepped or otherwise. 

@CaptainRodgers said:

Flagged for the obvious mismatch

Bingo. 

@steelhound56

said: 

Like JediXMan said, take the movies with a grain of salt. These debates include the EU, so read up a bit on EU Palpatine. The dude is absolutely insane, and is a better prepper than Bruce is.

He took down a galaxy wide order of superhuman beings, and overthrew a milennia old government with political machinations and orchestration of a galaxy wide war, manipulating both sides of the conflict.

He did all of this under the noses of beings with absolutely incredible abilities of perception, foresight, and wisdom. The fact that he hid under Yoda's nose for decades without the Grandmaster having even an inkling of what was going on is an incredible feat in his favor.

When I see Bruce do that, I'll concede the point that he is a better prepper than Palpatine is.

Not to mention the fact that the Emperor's resources vastly outweigh Bruce's.
Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since you know that The insider has a mode that allowed Bruce to tap into the speed force the notion of implying that the Emperor could do anything that fast is not only implausible, it's ignorant. The insider also teleports to but I guess Sidious would pwn someone like nightcrawler too? I'm a big Sidious fan but the Insider suit would crush Sidious before he has an opportunity to fight. It's common logic applied with comic physics. Batman seldom loses. Sidious' powers are inadmissible due to the fact he couldn't react in time. It's te same reason Zoom and the Flashes Winn virtually any fight they have on cv.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Silver2467

And when Batman displays any noticeable speed with his SF access, then we can talk. Until then, it's ignorant to presume this speed, which never even helped him in most of his fights (such as those against even street levelers such as Katana) would be of much benefit. 

Let me know when the Insider suit gains greater than sublight speed and allows Batman to defeat Force spirits.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jeanroygrant

@OmegaDynasty said:

Darth Sidious: And now young Wayne, you will die!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By Static Shock
@DarkScarecrow: Mismatch fight. Check the battle forum rules on making fair fights. Thanks.