6sicksex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 6sicksex
No Caption Provided

They fighting down in the subway, its dark so they'll fight in blind.

But, with there full strength, abilities, and equipment, who is going to win?

No Caption Provided
NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NEEK_03

This is pretty one sided, due to the fact Mat is already blind so he is at no disadvantage. however bruce has been shown to have trained blind folded and perform quite well. since this is the movie versions though, under these circum stances i think DD takes a slight majority. i think bruces equipment is going to make it hard for Mat.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By tg1982

@NEEK_03: Don't forget Batman in Dark Knight had that sonar in his mask, so it's not a complete disadvntage. But movie forms I give it to Batman simply because I think with his gadgets he will eventually find out that DD's weakness isalso his strength (senses) and then just overwhelm them.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NEEK_03

@tg1982: im assuming he meant bruce would actually be blind. not so dark that it would be hard for him to see, therefore he would just use one of his many visions (Sonar, infared vision, etc)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Fighting in the dark won't really hinder Wayne since he has at least two different vision modes to counter-act that. However, I was more impressed with Daredevil as a combatant.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By tg1982

@k4tzm4n: Yeah, I was impressed with his physical prowess in the movie, he was kicking guys and they were flying back a few feet, not like in Captain America's movie, but still I was thinking he would just be portrayed as an athletic guy who just knew martial arts.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

Fighting in the dark won't really hinder Wayne since he has at least two different vision modes to counter-act that. However, I was more impressed with Daredevil as a combatant.

Mostly because he was fighting against someone that was borderline warping reality, and a trained ninja, as opposed to a clerk with a mask and a lunatic with a rabid dog. Ra's has been Batman's only true challenge in Nolan's films, and I can't say I've been particularly impressed by his performance at the climax of Begins. Ra's was winning until he got distracted.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Morpheus_ said:
@k4tzm4n said:

Mostly because he was fighting against someone that was borderline warping reality, and a trained ninja, as opposed to a clerk with a mask and a lunatic with a rabid dog. Ra's has been Batman's only true challenge in Nolan's films, and I can't say I've been particularly impressed by his performance at the climax of Begins. Ra's was winning until he got distracted.
Ras was his master in the films, so it makes sense that he would have the upper hand. 

Bruce's best hand to hand feat really came from the beginning of Begins, when he beat the crap out of those six guys. In most of his other fights he utilized the environment and the fear he generated in criminals as his main weapon. He can't sneak up on Daredevil, and fear wouldn't be the best tactic to employ against this particular opponent.  

Bruce's batarangs would hardly be effective here. I don't know what other gear (other then the grappling gun) he carried on him normally.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Ferro Vida: Students can and have surpassed masters, so Ra's being his former master is not really an excuse for Bruce. The resolution of his training implied he was on par with Ra's (he outplayed him in his final test), but when it came down to a personal showdown, Ra's still seemed better. And Ra's has been the sole skilled combatant Batman has faced in two films, as opposed to Bullseye, Elektra and even the Kingpin that Daredevil went up against in just one.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Morpheus_:

and I can't say I've been particularly impressed by his performance at the climax of Begins.

Agreed.

Even disregarding those (vs Bullseye/Elektra/Kingpin), I'd dispute that Daredevil's bar fight scene vs assorted goons/fodder/thugs impressed me more (regarding a random combat scenario) than anything Wayne has done.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Morpheus_ said:
@Ferro Vida: Students can and have surpassed masters, so Ra's being his former master is not really an excuse for Bruce. The resolution of his training implied he was on par with Ra's (he outplayed him in his final test), but when it came down to a personal showdown, Ra's still seemed better. And Ra's has been the sole skilled combatant Batman has faced in two films, as opposed to Bullseye, Elektra and even the Kingpin that Daredevil went up against in just one.
I didn't mean to imply that students do not surpass their masters. I just did not feel that Bruce achieved that. In order to have surpassed Ras he would have had to become Ras, which he chose not to do. He was a different kind of animal. I don't really remember them having a fight in that movie where I felt Bruce did exceptionally well.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Saren

Bruce kicked a dog down several flights of stairs :/

KICK HIS ASS DD

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n: It's been a while since I watched DD (not really in a mood to repeat the experience any time soon, either), but didn't he knock out the lights or wasn't the lighting low inside the bar? I remember Matt pulling off some bullet dodging (or bullet aiming), along with beating everyone with relative ease, but I'm hazy on detail.
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Been a while since I've seen the DD film. I think they wanted to add a sense of realism to the Batman flicks which is why his combat feats appear less off the wall. I'll have to go with DD for now as well. See what happens when Bane hits the big screen.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Morpheus_: How could you resist the urge to watch the film again?!

If my memory serves me right, one light is knocked out in the beginning and it is kind of dim, but it's his agility and speed that seems to be the biggest obstacle for them. I remember quite a few moments where they have him in their sights. I only recall him getting hit by a fellow using a pool cue, lol.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@CitizenBane said:

Bruce kicked a dog down several flights of stairs :/

KICK HIS ASS DD

Naturally. As Lucius said, his suit was designed to hold up against cats. :P
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ferro Vida
@k4tzm4n said:

@Morpheus_: How could you resist the urge to watch the film again?!

If my memory serves me right, one light is knocked out in the beginning and it is kind of dim, but it's his agility and speed that seems to be the biggest obstacle for them. I remember quite a few moments where they have him in their sights. I only recall him getting hit by a fellow using a pool cue, lol.

That is accurate. He made quick work of them with his billy clubs. It was low-light at that point (flashes here and there). But it was light enough that they could still see him to attack him.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Super_SoldierXII said:

I think they wanted to add a sense of realism to the Batman flicks which is why his combat feats appear less off the wall.

100% agreed.

I remember during the final sequence of Daredevil he jumps off a skyscraper and has an amazing display of agility. That would be very WTF-worthy in Nolan's universe, haha.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Super_SoldierXII said:
I think they wanted to add a sense of realism to the Batman flicks which is why his combat feats appear less off the wall.
They can be realistic without downplaying Batman as a combatant.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Morpheus_: @Ferro Vida: Daredevil receives a lot of hate, but in all honesty I enjoy it more than the likes of X-Men: The Last Stand, Ghost Rider, etc. Not high praise, I know, but I don't abhor the film, either.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
There are some WTF worthy (or at least over the top) scenes in Batman's Nolan, too. The Hong Kong scene in TDK, for instance. 

Thanks for the heads-up about the bar scene in DD.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

@Morpheus_: @Ferro Vida: Daredevil receives a lot of hate, but in all honesty I enjoy it more than the likes of X-Men: The Last Stand, Ghost Rider, etc. Not high praise, I know, but I don't abhor the film, either.

Nah, I liked the Last Stand more than Daredevil, even though I do not abhor it to the degree most do, either. I never intend to watch either Ghost Rider film.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ferro Vida
@k4tzm4n said:

I kind of loved Daredevil. Not because it was a great film, but because it was good for what it was. Granted, I watched the Director's Cut first, which apparently is a much better film in general. 

And the last scene where he jumps off the building was always one of my favourite WTF moments.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Ferro Vida said:
I kind of loved Daredevil. Not because it was a great film, but because it was good for what it was. Granted, I watched the Director's Cut first, which apparently is a much better film in general.  And the last scene where he jumps off the building was always one of my favourite WTF moments.
The director's cut is overrated.The movie isn't very good no matter which version you see.

@Morpheus_ said:
Nah, I liked the Last Stand more than Daredevil, even though I do not abhor it to the degree most do, either. 
Agreed.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Morpheus_: What's WTF worthy about being evacuated by a high-speed plane abruptly yanking you out of a building? :P

No problem. I never saw the latest Ghost Rider, but the first was very disapointing.

@Ferro Vida: I'm ashamed to say I actually haven't seen the director's cut. I hear it really boosts the quality, though.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

I never saw the latest Ghost Rider, but the first was very disapointing.

It's worse than the first by a longshot.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Vance Astro said:
@k4tzm4n said:

I never saw the latest Ghost Rider, but the first was very disapointing.

It's worse than the first by a longshot.
I disagree entirely. The second was a more fun film. And it just looked cooler. 

@k4tzm4n: I feel it vastly boosts the quality. There's more Foggy and less Elektra.