#1 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a concept I've been hoping will pick up. I didn't put this in the battle threads since it's more focused on the concept than the battle. 

Two evenly matched characters, and the winner is based on pure facts. I've worked on a example to see how well people think it works. This is, of course, an example and doesn't mean it is all completely accurate. 

Batman:
Batarang
Smoke Grenade
Cowl Vision 

Captain America:
Shield
Super Serum

Batarang/Smoke Bomb vs. Shield

Edge-Shield. While the Batarang is effective, the shield is much more versatile. Not only does it act as a offensive and defensive tool, but it can block the batarangs and barely get a scratch. The smoke bomb is good for creating cover or getting out of a sticky situation, but that’s about it.

Cowl Vision vs. Super Serum:

Edge-Cowl Vision. Surprising, huh? While the Super Serum does give Cap an advantage, it’s not much of one. Batman has trained constantly to reach his physical and mental maximum. What this also means is that Batman is more use to fighting with his human limitation. While Captain America is a very skilled fighter, Batman has the edge of learning the abilities, and not be given them suddenly. The Cowl Vision might not play the biggest role in the fight, but it will do more help than the serum.

Training:

Edge-Batman. Batman has trained in 127 major martial arts. Captain America has mastered a few of his own, and fights with his own mixture of Jujitsu, Boxing, Judo, pressure points. But Batman has him beat, also mastering Karate, Jujitsu, Kung fu, Muay Thai, Aikido, Ninjutsu, and Kobudo.

The Battle

Ok, so a few questions. Does this method work? Would it work if professionals created it?
Also, do you agree or disagree with my assessment?
#2 Posted by Neverpraying (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would win simply because he is Batman! Also deadliest warrior was a pretty bad show. Almost always it was obvious who would win.

#3 Posted by Bio Guyver (6834 posts) - - Show Bio

This kinda reminds me of the spartan/ninja fight.

#4 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bio Guyver: LOL saw that one.

I believe this should be in the battle forums.
#5 Posted by Bio Guyver (6834 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted the ninja to win lol.

#6 Edited by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bio Guyver:  I wanted the Spartan to win, and That he did.
#7 Posted by k4tzm4n (35230 posts) - - Show Bio

I've also thought Batman VS Cap would be a match deadliest warrior could test.  Perhaps we should create a petition for it? Yes, I'm serious.
Staff
#8 Posted by Lunacyde (17387 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting Retnex!

#9 Posted by Hellos (8838 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait wait Wait. 
I'm having my doubts about Captain America missing with his shield. I'm thinking it would hit its target and hurt Bruce pretty badly. Plus since when did Deadliest Warrior give the more ninja like character a method of fighting involving the shadows? Generally they would just slap everyone in the forest and say GO GET EACHOTHER!

I'm picturing this shield tagging Bats if Cap wants it to. :P 
The guy does things with that shield that just is impossible at times.
#10 Edited by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos:  
The battle isn't necessarily how the fight would go down, it's just for visual effect. Deadliest Warriors simulations are for show, but the battles are not based in any environment and only focus on the warriors themselves. 
While it killed me to have the shield miss, this IS Batman were talking about. Plus he did get hit enough to daze him. 

@k4tzm4n said:
"
I've also thought Batman VS Cap would be a match deadliest warrior could test.  Perhaps we should create a petition for it? Yes, I'm serious. "
If they could get the rights, it be awesome. But I don't know if that's possible. 
And you know it would end up at Superman vs Goku, lol
#11 Posted by k4tzm4n (35230 posts) - - Show Bio

If they could get the rights, it be awesome. But I don't know if that's possible. 
And you know it would end up at Superman vs Goku, lol  

LOL.  I previously thought of Batman and Cap because they have weapons we can actually test.

Staff
#12 Posted by Hellos (8838 posts) - - Show Bio
@Retnex said:
"@Hellos:  
The battle isn't necessarily how the fight would go down, it's just for visual effect. Deadliest Warriors simulations are for show, but the battles are not based in any environment and only focus on the warriors themselves. 
While it killed me to have the shield miss, this IS Batman were talking about. Plus he did get hit enough to daze him. 

@k4tzm4n said:
"
I've also thought Batman VS Cap would be a match deadliest warrior could test.  Perhaps we should create a petition for it? Yes, I'm serious. "
If they could get the rights, it be awesome. But I don't know if that's possible. And you know it would end up at Superman vs Goku, lol "

Even Batman can't dodge the full power of America. :P
#13 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap has the win... you have it laid out in KOs, but one good hit with the shield Batman is dead.

#14 Posted by killermike (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadliest warrior is kinda stupid sometimes.
#15 Posted by Hellos (8838 posts) - - Show Bio
@killermike said:
"Deadliest warrior is kinda stupid sometimes. "

Yeah it can. ;p
#16 Posted by killermike (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

they gave a stiletto the edge over a bowie knife.
#17 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

My personal bias is Cap, but this isn't at all a bad fight, so I'm willing to say Bats.

#18 Posted by Jake Fury (17928 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Deadliest Warrior concept. 

I'll take Bats by the slightest of margins. 

#19 Posted by DeityFalkor (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Truth is DC and Marvel had a cross over several years ago that had this fight. Both Bats and Cap had a talk as this was going on and they relied that they are too evenly matched. However BatMan conceded defeat as he noticed that he was after 2 hours starting to get tired and Captain America was not as his serum prevents the creation of lactic acid. Thus eventualy Bats would not be able to fight anymore and Cap would win. because of this decision they called it a draw and stooped fighting. Thus emerged Amalgam Comics. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgam_Comics  

#20 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio

So uuuuhhhhhh... yeah. This thread is pretty much awesome.
#21 Posted by Kalel-Elguezabal (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain america would win. i like the idea but just the scenario was leaning toward a win for batman. Say its an open area or something then , batman would never stand a chance!

#22 Posted by Jake Fury (17928 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadliest Warrior forum for the street levelers?
#23 Posted by cold_fuzion (167 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeityFalkor said:
" Truth is DC and Marvel had a cross over several years ago that had this fight. Both Bats and Cap had a talk as this was going on and they relied that they are too evenly matched. However BatMan conceded defeat as he noticed that he was after 2 hours starting to get tired and Captain America was not as his serum prevents the creation of lactic acid. Thus eventualy Bats would not be able to fight anymore and Cap would win. because of this decision they called it a draw and stooped fighting. Thus emerged Amalgam Comics.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgam_Comics   "
He said that Cap might be able to beat him. He didn't concede defeat.
#24 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see some of the more experianced debaters make one of these. Like, make this battle, but get someone that knows EVERYTHING about Batman, and someone that knows EVERYTHINGabout Captain America. Then, if possible, use science to determine certain outcomes.  

I wasn't even sure what to give the two. I went with the Batarang and smoke bomb because they seemed his most common, but I almost gave Cap a hand gun. 

@Kalel-Elguezabal said:

"Captain america would win. i like the idea but just the scenario was leaning toward a win for batman. Say its an open area or something then , batman would never stand a chance! " 

It's supposed to be in a non-advantage setting. Like I said, the battle I wrote up is just for entertainment value. There is a factor, called the "X" factor, that is to represent the fighters skill. Since the X factor is impossible to really determine, I had Batman hit the lights to show his capability of finding solutions. I tried to give Captain America an advantage as well, the narrow alley. This way he keep a good eye on Batman, as well as use the walls to bounce his shield.  

#25 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome no one can beat the bats
#26 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio
@killermike said:
"they gave a stiletto the edge over a bowie knife. "

The Bowie still got more kills though :D 

@Nova`Prime` said:
"Cap has the win... you have it laid out in KOs, but one good hit with the shield Batman is dead."

The reason it is KO is that these heros won't kill. So Captain America and Batman are holding back.
#27 Posted by ktirajoh (13 posts) - - Show Bio

False False False! Captain America's stats are extremely low. I think they are more balanced out than that.

#28 Posted by Obtrusive (1632 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if this went on the show cap would end up winning, however I think there are flaws in the software and they don't take all things into consideration.

#29 Posted by crabtree (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

cap wins

#30 Edited by batfan1939 (362 posts) - - Show Bio
@Retnex:
This scenario definately favors Batman! He gets the jump on Cap, it's in a dark, narrow alley (and with only one light to take out), and Cap's shield is shown as useless! So, yes, in this situation, Batman would win relatively quickly. Btw, Batman has a literal arsenal on him at all times! Lasers, acid, bolas, flash/bang grenades, KO gas (another reason to avoid the alley scenario - although I THINK Cap shows increased resistance to such chemicals), hypersonics (no good against a "normal" person), and more. These would even out the physical advantages, to say the least.
#31 Posted by exodus0000000 (472 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I understand the Deadliest Warrior concept and all, but I really can't see Batman beating Captain America at all.  Nice post though.

#32 Posted by God Damn Batman (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@Retnex:

The God Damn Batman wants to give you a God Damn High-Five!

#33 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio
@batfan1939 said:
" @Retnex: This scenario definately favors Batman! He gets the jump on Cap, it's in a dark, narrow alley (and with only one light to take out), and Cap's shield is shown as useless! So, yes, in this situation, Batman would win relatively quickly. Btw, Batman has a literal arsenal on him at all times! Lasers, acid, bolas, flash/bang grenades, KO gas (another reason to avoid the alley scenario - although I THINK Cap shows increased resistance to such chemicals), hypersonics (no good against a "normal" person), and more. These would even out the physical advantages, to say the least. "
The scenario is completely unimportant! I chose based on training and how they use the weapons. Then I wrote up a fight to make things interesting.  
I wanted to keep things simple, and not give Batman anything he hardly uses, but this was just an example. If any pros get on this then they will probably work out a fair weapons system. 

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If some believe Captain can win (which he can) then that's fine. It's like Deadliest Warrior, there is still going to be some dispute over winners. 

@God Damn Batman said:
"

@Retnex:

The God Damn Batman wants to give you a God Damn High-Five!

"
*High Five*
#34 Posted by whacknasty (5578 posts) - - Show Bio

@Retnex:  Awesome thread once again!  I'm going to have to put some thought into this one... And as it seems to be catching on, maybe there can be some sort of nomination system to get more of these going (and weed out the Bane vs TOAA ideas before they get off the ground... O_o)

#35 Posted by Micky (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap ftw

#36 Posted by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

NIce thread, I have not seen the Deadliest Warrior, but I like the concept.  IMO tho, Batman wouldn't last long in that h2h description, I keep seeing  that battle between Deathstroke and Batman on the ledge.... 
Everything else looks great tho.
#37 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio
@whacknasty said:
@Retnex:  Awesome thread once again!  I'm going to have to put some thought into this one... And as it seems to be catching on, maybe there can be some sort of nomination system to get more of these going (and weed out the Bane vs TOAA ideas before they get off the ground... O_o) "

Thank you. Like I said, is some of the pros were to find two even opponents that have never "actually" fought, and then find some way to compare the two logically, this would be a fun system. 
Bane vs TOAA...does Bane have venom? lol
#38 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

This is pretty awesome, i'd like this to be picked up for TV

#39 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
I actually really like the Idea, I might even try it out someday.
#40 Posted by VIN31 (355 posts) - - Show Bio
@crabtree said:
" cap wins "
#41 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd still like to see some experienced debaters work on one of these.

I was wondering if we could vote on a match we'd like to see....?

#42 Posted by THORSON (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

can captain america swim?