@tg1982: I mean other weights on the bar just out of frame

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By tg1982

@Mediumguy: Honestly I'm not sure, there was some debate as to if they even are weights. But if they are I would hazarrd a guess that the total weight is about 1050lbs to 1075lbs, but understand that this is pure speculation on my part.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Cap is stronger...simple as that.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By ssejllenrad

Captain America would come out winning. Then the lights turn out. When it comes back on Batman is gone. No contest.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By tg1982

@The Stegman: Agree.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By XiiX

@UltimateHero0406 said:

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stonerthps

@nickzambuto said:

@stonerthps said:

@laflux said:

@Spidermanfan1461: you see this is a totally fair and quite evenly matched battle

@Killemall said:

Captain america should be physically stronger, batman more skilled , but i dont see how skill comes into play in an arm wrestling contest.

Cap FTW.

Apparently, Batman's has benched pressed 1 ton before, but I think that was just hearsay.

The biggest amount batman has pressed is a scan of him benching 500lbs.

Batman benches 1,000 pounds. There are weights on each side, if one says 500 the other must also be 500.

Then by that logic cap is benching 2200.

Cap twists Bruce's arm off and beats him over the head with it.
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By MonsterStomp

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Super_SoldierXII: I find benching easier. More muscle groups are in action, shoulders. chest, triceps, forearms, biceps, etc. Dead lifts just involve forearms, biceps, not so much use of the shoulders. I can understand why Bruce fails to dead lift 660 or w/e it was. A high possibility that he could bench it.

Not so at all for me. Dead lifts involve your entire core while relying hugely on leg strength as well. Regardless, check the world record for dead lifts, then compare with the bench press - the tell of the take is irrefutable.

Huh. So I guess that proves that more then half of the lifting weight generates from the legs than the arms. Benching doesn't involve legs. And I just forgot what I was trying to prove.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Shawnbaby

@ssejllenrad said:

Captain America would come out winning. Then the lights turn out. When it comes back on Batman is gone. No contest.

So Bats loses and then he runs away crying?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Shawnbaby said:

@ssejllenrad said:

He COMES CLOSE to a lose then runs away crying into Alfred's loving arms.

CountofMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By CountofMC

I would think the artist writing 500lbs on the plate is just the simplist way to communicate to the reader that batman is benching 500lbs, not that this is the weight of the plate on one side, considering there are no plates near 500lbs to begin with. By the same reasoning it seems to me that Cap was benching 1100lbs rather than 2200. Just writing the number there is the most direct way to communicate that to the audience. Also, for Batman to try and fail at a 600+ deadlift would make a 500lb bench press fairly accurate.

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad

@Shawnbaby said:

@ssejllenrad said:

He COMES CLOSE to a lose then runs away crying into Alfred's loving arms.

LOL!!! That's a hilarious visual, Alfred petting Bruce up trying to console him.
" There , there Master Bruce, everything will be alright" ( in Alfred from Batman TAS voice).
TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By TheDude123

@SHAZAM117 said:

Cap wins...Super Soldier Serum gives him the advantage in stamina and strength.
tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By tg1982

@SlimJ87D said:

This is ridiculous now. You have one of the best writers of our decade here who has written both Batman and Captain America. He pretty much wrote Captain America for this whole decade, 8 years. He clearly states that Steve is stronger than Batman.

"Daredevil is more like Batman, physically, and yet in Born Again, Cap races by him so fast he's a breeze. As for Cap running 60mph."

Here, this is what Brubaker was talking about.

And finally this is Ed Brubakers writing here where he clearly puts it out there in his own dialogue, no artist is determining an obscure feat here. Cap is clearly running 5 miles in 5 minutes.

Again, what Ed Brubaker is saying is that Steve is not just the peak of man, but evolution wise he is the absolute peak of what a human can be physically in evolution. Whatever physical potential we have in evolution, he already is.

"My take has always been that Cap is the peak of human POTENTIAL. What humans might someday be able to do, physically, he already can."

Bruce worked out and has to work out to maintain his physic. Steve does not, he was given a procedure that didn't just enhance but evolved him.

So instead of debating on a very vague and hard to read scan of what Batman is bench pressing (honestly even if that was lead, in that size area it doesn't make sense for that one plate to be 500 lbs, and when I look at it it doesn't even look like it says 500) it's already stated by a writer for both characters with logical reasoning behind it why Steve is stronger.

Sorry Bro, I can't believe I mssed this post. So I'll quote for truth. (better late than never)

Avatar image for seriouslyfacetious
SeriouslyFacetious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is physically stronger...Batman is a better thinker but in a game of strenght, Cap wins

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#116  Edited By cascadeking09

@stonerthps said:

@laflux said:

@Spidermanfan1461: you see this is a totally fair and quite evenly matched battle

@Killemall said:

Captain america should be physically stronger, batman more skilled , but i dont see how skill comes into play in an arm wrestling contest.

Cap FTW.

Apparently, Batman's has benched pressed 1 ton before, but I think that was just hearsay.

You mean this scan?

No Caption Provided

Only one of the weights says 500 hundered but the bar itself should weight at least 45lbs and there are other weights on there too.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By cascadeking09

@CountofMC said:

I would think the artist writing 500lbs on the plate is just the simplist way to communicate to the reader that batman is benching 500lbs, not that this is the weight of the plate on one side, considering there are no plates near 500lbs to begin with. By the same reasoning it seems to me that Cap was benching 1100lbs rather than 2200. Just writing the number there is the most direct way to communicate that to the audience. Also, for Batman to try and fail at a 600+ deadlift would make a 500lb bench press fairly accurate.

That really doesnt make any since, if 100 more lbs is impossible for him to even lift he shouldnt be causually benching 500lbs it should be much harder for him to do. I think considering the fact that bruce has supported the weight of 1000lbs and more along with that should tell you that he can lift more than just 500lbs. For him to injure himself just trying to lift it is ridiculous when you think about that.

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09

@CountofMC said:

That really doesnt make any since, if 100 more lbs is impossible for him to even lift he shouldnt be causually benching 500lbs it should be much harder for him to do. I think considering the fact that bruce has supported the weight of 1000lbs and more along with that should tell you that he can lift more than just 500lbs. For him to injure himself just trying to lift it is ridiculous when you think about that.

Supporting a weight is different than lifting it, using leverage and strength to support a heavy object is easier than lifting that object to the position to be supported.
A deadlift uses your core back and legs which are different fromthe muscles you use for a bench press.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By cascadeking09

@WaveMotionCannon: I understand that, but there is no way I guy who cant even lift 600lbs should support that amount of weight at all, there's also no way I guy that cant even lift 600lbs should be casually benching 500. It's really not that big of a difference, posting scans of him getting injured trying to dead lift 600lbs seems just ridiculous and looks like the type of thing you would find in a disrespect thread rather than showing just showing his limits.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By nick_hero22

Batman could utilize pressure points in this match to edge out Captain America's strength advantage.

StreetFigther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By StreetFigther

I say cap...

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By slimj87d

@cascadeking09: That scan again... This post is not directed towards you, but this scan again. We've already discussed it. It's a vague scan due to the artist. Who knows if it even says 500 l.b.s on there.

First off, you can only see half of the number, second, I don't know anyone that abbreviates lbs with periods l.b.s. I had a engineering professor that would probably deduct 2 points off of my exam if I did that as units were important to him.

Then we are comparing it to a scan that has actual dialogue written by the writer himself and him failing to lift those weights over his head. It says it very clearly for us to read.

The first scan is obviously easier for anyone to use to support their own argument if they are in favor of batman, but it's weak because it's vague. If I were to use a batman bench pressing scan I would have used this one.

Furthermore, I already posted something that proves Captain America is stronger than Bruce and any peak human in the current generation as Brubaker himself says that Steve is the absolute peak of human perfection that a man can be one day, meaning the furthest we can evolve. So even if you prove Batman is benching 1000lbs there, it only proves that Steve is can lift more than that.

I believe Batman can lift around 800 lbs, I could believe 1000lbs if a proper scan stated it, but I can't believe it from that scan because it's vague. I would have used this one if anything. Here he easily benches 600 lbs, and he says so himself.

Mediumguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Mediumguy

@nick_hero22 said:

Batman could utilize pressure points in this match to edge out Captain America's strength advantage.

Never thought about that before. Pressure points in Captain America's hand.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By cascadeking09

@SlimJ87D said:

@cascadeking09: That scan again... This post is not directed towards you, but this scan again. We've already discussed it. It's a vague scan due to the artist. Who knows if it even says 500 l.b.s on there.

Im not sure what you mean, it clearly says 500, its a weight not a measuring unit Ive never heard of a bench pressing weight being weighed in kg or something like that. It says 500lbs. My guess is they want to leave us thinking on that, but I doubt that it's just 500 lbs total that he's benching when they may as well just put a single weight on there for that. How many times has he been depicted as strong enough to actually lift much more than that?

Then we are comparing it to a scan that has actual dialogue written by the writer himself and him failing to lift those weights over his head. It says it very clearly for us to read.

And that also doesnt explain the lifting 500lbs in his morning workout the, if it was just 500 and he couldnt even manage to lift 600 without injuring himself he would need someone spotting him for 500 if that's the case. If you injure yourself trying to deadlift 600 chances are 500 is going to be difficult too, that's not that big of a differnce in weight.

The first scan is obviously easier for anyone to use to support their own argument if they are in favor of batman, but it's weak because it's vague. If I were to use a batman bench pressing scan I would have used this one.

As if there arent other feats or even the characters being considered "peakhuman". I know Captain America's clearly stronger, but Batman is also considered peak level despite the fact that both he and captain america pull off superhuman feats all the time.

If Batman can lift twice his own body weight he's considered an athlete, thats around the level Tim Drake is considered to be on. His character is 6'3 and from the way he's depicted as by nearly every artist he has a lot of body mass so he could weight anywhere between 220 and 240. So twice that much should be between 440 and 480lbs(note: this is how much he can lift not bench press) , so can he bench around 500lbs according to that? So now he uses 500 lbs to exercise with no spotter then puts on about 100 more lbs and injures himself? Even though peak human is 800+ so 600 shouldnt be too difficult to at least lift off the ground without injuring himself. The first scan is more useful then the second, since it clearly controdicts Batman being peakhuman, which contradicts nearly every feat hes ever pulled off period.

Thats not even to mention DD, and I read your post saying DD and Batman were on the same level physically but DD is considered "olympic level" right, and yet hes still shown picking up weights normal people cant bench and start beating people with it like a stick.

Furthermore, I already posted something that proves Captain America is stronger than Bruce and any peak human in the current generation as Brubaker himself says that Steve is the absolute peak of human perfection that a man can be one day, meaning the furthest we can evolve. So even if you prove Batman is benching 1000lbs there, it only proves that Steve is can lift more than that.

Thats fine for me, I dont have an issue with Captain America being stronger. Im not here to argue who's stronger or better, that horse has been beat to death a long time ago. But when I posted that scan it was in reply to someone talking about that scan and saying it was only 500lbs then mentioning a time where Bruce injured himself after lifting just 600lbs which is just completely ridiculous.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Shawnbaby

@cascadeking09 said:

No Caption Provided

@stonerthps said:

@laflux said:

@Killemall said:

Cap FTW.

You mean this scan?

Only one of the weights says 500 hundered but the bar itself should weight at least 45lbs and there are other weights on there too.

I'm still not 100% convinced it even says 500 lbs on that thing...the first number is somewhat obscured...It might only be 300lbs plus the extra weights.

@cascadeking09 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

Im not sure what you mean, it clearly says 500, its a weight not a measuring unit Ive never heard of a bench pressing weight being weighed in kg or something like that. It says 500lbs. My guess is they want to leave us thinking on that, but I doubt that it's just 500 lbs total that he's benching when they may as well just put a single weight on there for that. How many times has he been depicted as strong enough to actually lift much more than that?

What...like these?

Although if he were lifting 1000kg ...that would be a far more impressive feat.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#126  Edited By Hyperlight

@SHAZAM117: very true..

Cochise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Cochise

@SlimJ87D said:

I am in the "Cap wins this one" team but that is one of my favorite Batman scenes of recent years (or of all time, really.) Not so much for the strength showing - though it's awesome - but just to show Batman's systematic approach to preparing for all challenges, not in a cartoonish Bat-God way but through sheer hard work and discipline.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By cascadeking09

@Shawnbaby said:

@cascadeking09 said:

No Caption Provided

@stonerthps said:

@laflux said:

@Killemall said:

Cap FTW.

You mean this scan?

I'm still not 100% convinced it even says 500 lbs on that thing...the first number is somewhat obscured...It might only be 300lbs plus the extra weights.

@cascadeking09 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

What...like these?

Although if he were lifting 1000kg ...that would be a far more impressive feat.

Looks like 500 to me. The top of a three would take up more space, but it is hard to see.

It definitely doesnt say kg on it though lol.

duncansdays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By duncansdays

Cpt wins. He has easily more strength than Batman so would win in an arm wrestle. Conventional fight on the other hand...

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Killemallsaid:

Cap FTW.

This.

@Strider92 said:

Cap is stronger. Bats is only a match for Cap due to his skill. In raw stats Cap is definitely higher.

And this.

thevarioty436

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cap is physically stronger than batman, he takes this

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is stronger than Batman there is no debating that.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kal_smahboi: Peak humans in DC is Super humans in Marvel, Karate Kid is peak human and he can crush mountains with his fists.

For the thread: Strength is not everything in a arm wrestle, it's about the perfect hold which i believe Bats is better on, Batman is overall much more knowing than Cap.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By mtuske

Cap crushes his hand and wins with little effort. Is not even slightly fatigued afterwards either.

Should have a bonus round where Batman uses both arms

Movie Cap seems to be even stronger than comic Cap. So ue would slaughter stomp as well.

CaptainBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

People saying that Batman beats CA in a strength contest are the reason he gets so much hate on other threads

FanboyAsylum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123:

@kal_smahboi: Peak humans in DC is Super humans in Marvel, Karate Kid is peak human and he can crush mountains with his fists.

For the thread: Strength is not everything in a arm wrestle, it's about the perfect hold which i believe Bats is better on, Batman is overall much more knowing than Cap.

No, sorry. Peak human in DC means basically nothing other than "Very Well Trained" Just about everybody without real powers is listed as "Peak Human", both in the Marvel and DC handbooks. Cap however, is enhanced human. Like somebody else said here, they don't call it the SUPER Soldier Serum for nothing. Cap is enhanced to to the peak of human potential. meaning that he is at the peak of what humans could ever evolve to in the future. I find it hilarious that you can even suggest Batman physically outclasses Steve in any conceivable way.

And what makes you say that "Batman is overall much more knowing than Cap"? How? And in what sense? The only area that I really see Bruce outclassing Steve in is knowledge on science and detective work.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Cap wins

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

Bboyyomama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: I find it funny batman can't deadlift 630 but can bench 1000.

Bboyyomama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap flexes his Pecs and an H-bomb explodes in the background

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fanboyasylum: Detective skills, martial arts, more creative, scienfe, biology and pretty much the master of tactics.

FanboyAsylum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fanboyasylum: Detective skills, martial arts, more creative, scienfe, biology and pretty much the master of tactics.

Detective Skills will not help Batman in a fight with Cap, not unless he plans on beating him over the head with a magnifying glass.

Steve is equally as good, if not a better martial artist than Bruce.

Creativity will not help Batman either, since Steve is a master traditional artist. With is obviously the X factor in this match up. XD

Science will not help Bruce either.

Nor will biology, because this is not 10th grade.

Captain America is a better tactician and strategist.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Hyperlight

cap. his stats don't change where bruces can falter. since he is supported by the SSS, his system as going to be at its best longer than batmans. cap wins

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fanboyasylum: You got proof that Steve is a better tactican than Batman? and i would say Bruce is a better fighter considering he takes on bigger and stronger threats every day like Bane, Killer Croc and Solomon Grundy.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: Wouldn't the batsuit give Bruce better durability than Cap? I seen Batman taking sniper gunfire twice and still standing and casually takes hits from 10 toners.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America stomps.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By mtuske

Cap shows Batman who the Alpha Male really is. Cap stomps.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers