Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#352  Edited By Om4zd

@SlimJ87D: Great point.

It's not an advantage to be able to run 60MPH while carrying 140lbs in a fight is it?

Recently Batman moved fast enough, over the span of a few meters, to pull GL's ring from his finger right in front of him without him knowing. But how can someone explain it's an advantage when it wasn't used in a fight situation?

No aggression intended, just a good ol' constructive argument

benben178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By benben178

@SlimJ87D: @Om4zd: It has been proven he can go that fast, but his armor brings him down by 5 mph

Avatar image for captain_awesome85
Captain_Awesome85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman uses his decutive reasoning and realizes he would lose, uses the door to get away.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By slimj87d

@Om4zd: Ben said that Captain America has NO physical advantage over Batman and in actuality Batman is superior to Captain America physically.

My scan says otherwise. It was not meant to be shown as a way for Cap to fight by running. Please read the argument thoroughly.

@benben178 said:

@SlimJ87D: @Om4zd: It has been proven he can go that fast, but his armor brings him down by 5 mph

Captain America is NOT just a peak human. He is what humans will be one day when we evolve and he is at the peak of that.

Ed Brubaker is credited for writing such super heroes such as Batman, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Catwoman and Iron Fist.

Ed Brubaker

Preceded by
Larry Hama
Batman writer
2000–2002
Succeeded by
Jeph Loeb
Preceded by
John Francis Moore
Catwoman writer
2002–2005
Succeeded by
Will Pfeifer
Preceded by
Greg Rucka
Detective Comicswriter
2003–2004
Succeeded by
Andersen Gabrych
Preceded by
Robbie Morrison
The Authoritywriter
2004–2005
Succeeded by
Grant Morrison
Preceded by
Robert Kirkman
Captain Americawriter
2005–2012
Succeeded by
Rick Remender
Preceded by
Brian Michael Bendis
Daredevil writer
2006–2009
(with Greg Ruckain 2008)
Succeeded by
Andy Diggle
Preceded by
Chris Claremont
Uncanny X-Menwriter
2006–2008
(with Matt Fraction in 2008)
Succeeded by
Matt Fraction

Ed Brubaker:

http://www.comicboards.com/camb/vie...pl=060330214926

"Just physical exertion. While I don't think of Cap as 'super' like Spider-man or Superman, he's clearly not Batman with a shield. He's not just like a guy who works out all the time and is trained. He's been enhanced, and I wanted to show that a bit."

"See, I never understand why everyone gets so worked up about this stuff. Cap was given the Super-Soldier Serum. The first word there is SUPER. He's not superman, but clearly, he's been shown to be much faster and stronger than a well-trained athlete, many many times. One of everyone's favorite Cap appearances seems to be DD: Born Again, where he's shown running to fast that he's a breeze."

http://www.comicboards.com/camb/vie...q=ed%20brubaker

"I see it as he's the ultimate of human potential. Not something the modern man could ever be, but like an evolutionary next-step, basically. He's not Thor or Spiderman, but he's not Batman, either."

Here are feats that Batman has never recreated on top of that 60 MPH run for 5 miles.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Throws a 100 to 150 lb steel concrete composite 20 to 30 feet high knocking the shooters out of the building.

Jumping up 2 stories vertical leap not aided

Extreme acrobatics, this one he uses acrobatics to lose a special ops scout team and then uses gymnastic pull bar methods to leap 10 to 12 stories high which is completely ridiculous as you can see the water basin on the roof he is heading towards and he lands right next to it in front of the team:

Does a front flip with about 100 lbs of ice on his legs and hits iceman with it then beats up beast, legs are not bendable so he performed this feat with pure upper body strength.

There is more evidence that Captain America is physically above Batman than there is evidence on the other way around.

Now that's a 2 cents.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356  Edited By Jayfournines

I still say that if the fight goes to distance, Cap will win.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By Om4zd

@SlimJ87D: I understood clearly.

I just gave my argument against the running scan and I didn't mention anything Ben had said.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358  Edited By jashro44

@Om4zd said:

@SlimJ87D: Great point.

It's not an advantage to be able to run 60MPH while carrying 140lbs in a fight is it?

Recently Batman moved fast enough, over the span of a few meters, to pull GL's ring from his finger right in front of him without him knowing. But how can someone explain it's an advantage when it wasn't used in a fight situation?

No aggression intended, just a good ol' constructive argument

Are you talking about justice league #1? I don't recall batman being a few meters away. IIRC he was right in front of Hal.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By slimj87d

@Jayfournines: HEY! I gave you a lot of info on Odin and Zeus in my debunk thread! You better go read it!

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By Om4zd

@jashro44: about 2 meters sorry

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By Jayfournines

@SlimJ87D said:

@Jayfournines: HEY! I gave you a lot of info on Odin and Zeus in my debunk thread! You better go read it!

Oh sh*t! I forgot to post the thank you note; my bad, thanks so much, I did read it and it proved that Odin and Zeus are more or less comparable even though one has less feats than the other.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Captain...all day..everyday...slim posted scans to more than prove this,and I'm so thankful cause I can not post scans from my iPad and its great to see captain getting the credit he deserves...everyone says he's not agile and not stronger than batman and that's total BS..now all the DC and batman fanboys have no argument

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By jashro44

@Om4zd said:

@jashro44: about 2 meters sorry

Unless your referring to another moment this wasn't 2 meters.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#364  Edited By tg1982

@benben178 said:

@darktiger: Batman nobody knows it but Batman has almost the same physical attributes as captain America. Captain isn't superhuman for real the serum gave the peak of human conditioning on everything. Batman trained his body to that point, and plus believe it or not on average Batman is stronger cause he lifts 1000 lbs on average, and Captain only lifts 800 lbs on average on rare occasions he gets up to 1 ton or 2 tons but thats only on an adrenaline. So Batman's brains and physical attributes are no joke.

No Caption Provided

That looks like more than 800lbs to me, plus then he does gymnastics, and curls 500lbs. So I would say on average he can lift more than 800lbs.

And that is on top of all the feats that @SlimJ87D: (Awesome job, BTW, bro) posted about Cap's superior speed and agility.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#365  Edited By reignmaker

@Crom-Cruach said:

Captain America has never shown my anything significant in his physicals to compensate for his inferior skill. Batman is so stealthy he can disappear right in front of people. He has sleep gas, tear gas and worse as part of his regular belt. Subsonics and many bombs, he's a proven bullet dodger. Bruce is also way smarter, tricky and a better tactician. Steve has nothing Bruce has never seen before. Batman wins.

This man speaks the truth. The only people that would give Captain America the edge here are his devoted followers and Batman/DCU haters.

You mad, Marvel fan boys? You maaad?

benben178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By benben178

@tg1982: In what universe is this it looks older I'm talking about from current runnings right now.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By tg1982

@benben178: It's the main 616 universe, and is canon. IIRC, it was right after he lost his briefly granted superhuman strength in the early 90's (I think. Maybe late 80's)

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By slimj87d

@benben178: Ben, take our word for it, all the evidence I posted to you in my other post proves Captain America is enhanced human and above Bruce in many ways. not only has Batman not recreated similar feats like those, but Ed Brubaker, who was an author for both Batman, Catwoman and Captain America said that Steve is enhanced human and not like Batman. Look at him throw this anchor with one arm as far as the boat could get in that timeframe.

The anchor has to weight about 30 lbs, but the force that he threw it all rips through the boat.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#369  Edited By darktiger

@Reignmaker said:

@Crom-Cruach said:

Captain America has never shown my anything significant in his physicals to compensate for his inferior skill. Batman is so stealthy he can disappear right in front of people. He has sleep gas, tear gas and worse as part of his regular belt. Subsonics and many bombs, he's a proven bullet dodger. Bruce is also way smarter, tricky and a better tactician. Steve has nothing Bruce has never seen before. Batman wins.

This man speaks the truth. The only people that would give Captain America the edge here are his devoted followers and Batman/DCU haters.

You mad, Marvel fan boys? You maaad?

lol true tho bats wins

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By tg1982

@benben178: Also let's not forget Cap throwing his shield through a truck the long way, I don't think Batman has a strength feat that can compare to that.

No Caption Provided
LordVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By LordVulcan

I see Marvel fanboys! and DC fandoys! clashing! oh lordy! the fanboy war the fanboy war!

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#372  Edited By MethoKi

@NX: But I read somewhere that he lost to Iron Man all the time and defeated him once or twice... not sure of it, But I think I remember reading it

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#373  Edited By MethoKi

@hermankeson: Yes. Let's not forget that Batman has fought people like Bane and Killer Croc. Bane is on/near Batman's level of fighting skills AND intelligence. I'm not necessarily saying Batman would win. But I AM saying that he has fought people who outmatch him. Captain America is a great fight. But in my opinion, I think Batman would win.... especially with the prep

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By Jayfournines

Let's see...the man who trained himself to perfection vs the man who just is physically perfect. In terms of hand to hand skills, I do give Batman a slight advantage over Cap in the striking department, however if it went to the ground, I would give it to Cap merely because he's much more durable than Bruce.

But that would be a h2h assessment.

Physically speaking, everything that Bruce can do, Steve can do as well...however, the main difference is that Cap is much more durable than Batman, has more strength feats (like throwing his shield through a truck and jumping off airplanes) and is considerably faster (in a sprint anyway).

Batman on the other hand is smarter, craftier and has more gadgets (also, he cheats when he fights...but then again, Rogers kills his enemies)...which would amount to nothing when it hits Cap's shield. I doubt Batman can avoid getting shot by a marksman like Rogers, especially in a close fight (I remember him getting shot in the head by that flag guy....Banner was it? The villain even mentioned kevlar lined cowl or something)

This one is one of those never ending debates where the heroes can go feat for feat against one another; they are too evenly matches....still, I give it to Rogers 5.5/10

benben178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By benben178

@SlimJ87D: @tg1982: Hmm maybe I was looking at an earlier history. Well did he get any enhancements later on?

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By tg1982

@benben178: Hard to say really. Officially he is still "listed" as peak human, but in one comic (during Civil War, I think) he is listed as enhanced. So it's a little confusing to say the least. I will say that through the years he seems to be getting stronger, faster, etc etc as time goes on.

Avatar image for johnny_messethie
johnny_messethie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, since Marvel lists Cap as just 'peak' human and not superhuman, I would assume that he is just, in fact, 'peak' human, even if his feats may suggest otherwise.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By Postacrat

@benben178 said:

@darktiger: Batman nobody knows it but Batman has almost the same physical attributes as captain America. Captain isn't superhuman for real the serum gave the peak of human conditioning on everything. Batman trained his body to that point, and plus believe it or not on average Batman is stronger cause he lifts 1000 lbs on average, and Captain only lifts 800 lbs on average on rare occasions he gets up to 1 ton or 2 tons but thats only on an adrenaline. So Batman's brains and physical attributes are no joke.

Sure people know they just don't want to come to terms with it. people want to make Cap out to be Super Human and batman out to be a regular human when they have comparable feats. I have posted up Numerous Scan's that show Cap is not that far beyond Batman. Also Batman pretty much said the fight could go either way but if Cap did beat him it would have took him some time, he never said Cap would beat him. I've posted enough scan's to state my case in favor of Batman, and there are no scan's here in this thread of Cap that cannot and have not been matched by Batman.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By darktiger

@Postacrat said:

@benben178 said:

Sure people know they just don't want to come to terms with it. people want to make Cap out to be Super Human and batman out to be a regular human when they have comparable feats. I have posted up Numerous Scan's that show Cap is not that far beyond Batman. Also Batman pretty much said the fight could go either way but if Cap did beat him it would have took him some time, he never said Cap would beat him. I've posted enough scan's to state my case in favor of Batman, and there are no scan's here in this thread of Cap that cannot and have not been matched by Batman.

totally agreed with you

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By Oni_Bane

@Postacrat said:

@benben178 said:

Oh so Batman can throw a shield though a truck? Captain America doesn't get tired. Batman does, just ask Bane.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By Oni_Bane

@minigunman123 said:

@tg1982 said:

@minigunman123

said:

Batman ties one end of a 60 foot section of rope around a nearby ledge. He tucks the other piece in his belt.

Batman throws his anesthetic grenade with perfect timing (and decent aim), so that it starts spewing gas before Cap even has a chance to deflect or notice it. Anesthetic grenade slows Cap down momentarily, Batman hits the eagle with a batarang (grenade covers Cap's vision as well as makes him have to cough and should also slow him down a little just from inhaling the gas, even though he won't be stopped from it and it won't be a long lasting effect due to his healing factor), Batman shoots and hooks onto him with his grappling hook and bat lasso, he then jumps off the ledge. The force from Batman's fall is, assuming he weighs 250 lbs. with gear on (possibly a modest assumption), and assuming he falls for 3 seconds (44.1 feet, should easily be within range of his grappling hook, and the range can be reached based on the parameters of the fighting zone), approximately 7,500 pounds of force (physics ftw) on Cap's wrist/body/whatever, all at once. Either he's losing a limb/appendage, or he's going over the ledge. Batman, however, has his fall cushioned from Cap being pulled, so he's only mildly discomforted, and then in a short amount of time later, he reaches the end of his original rope tether, and is dangling safely off the edge of the building, while Cap screams to his apparent death (although he's being held above the ground by Batman.)

What happens to Batman, though?

He took the grappling hook, the piece of rope in his belt, and tied them together, while he was running towards the edge, so that he's holding onto a solid piece of rope that Cap is now going to be hung from, which has much, much more force than Batman's original tumble over the ledge. Cap is knocked out, not dead, and Batman's unscathed.

I would make a badass superhero. I would be called... Physics man!

Of course all this would rely on the fact that 1) Cap would just stand there and give Batman time to tie the rope to a ledge and 2) Cap wouldn't be able to see or react to the grenade being thrown at him, and the grapple hook. Good thing he can see faster than bullets and dodge bullets from guns AFTER they have been fired from close range. Making the rest of this pretty much obsolete.

No Caption Provided
Cap dodging a bullet AFTER it's been fired from close range
Cap dodging a bullet AFTER it's been fired from close range

I'd call that PIS. Not even physically possible. Sure, maybe he can see bullets in mid-air because he's super human, but he'd have to be a speedster of at least the speed of sound to be able to react that fast

Not physically possible? Batman's bread and butter is physically impossible. Give me a break.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By slimj87d
@Postacrat said:

@benben178 said:

Were you not reading this thread? Just because you posted feats that Batman matches Cap doesn't mean you proved it. You CHOSE to not compare them to Captain America's high end feats. On top of Cap throwing his 12lb shield SO FAST it went through a truck, these are feats that Batman cannot reproduce. This was posted a page before your post from me.  

@Om4zd: Ben said that Captain America has NO physical advantage over Batman and in actuality Batman is superior to Captain America physically.

My scan says otherwise. It was not meant to be shown as a way for Cap to fight by running. Please read the argument thoroughly.

@benben178 said:

@SlimJ87D@Om4zd: It has been proven he can go that fast, but his armor brings him down by 5 mph

Captain America is NOT just a peak human. He is what humans will be one day when we evolve and he is at the peak of that.

Ed Brubaker is credited for writing such super heroes such as Batman, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Catwoman and Iron Fist.

Ed Brubaker

Preceded by
Larry Hama
Batman writer
2000–2002
Succeeded by
Jeph Loeb
Preceded by
John Francis Moore
Catwoman writer
2002–2005
Succeeded by
Will Pfeifer
Preceded by
Greg Rucka
Detective Comicswriter
2003–2004
Succeeded by
Andersen Gabrych
Preceded by
Robbie Morrison
The Authoritywriter
2004–2005
Succeeded by
Grant Morrison
Preceded by
Robert Kirkman
Captain Americawriter
2005–2012
Succeeded by
Rick Remender
Preceded by
Brian Michael Bendis
Daredevil writer
2006–2009
(with Greg Ruckain 2008)
Succeeded by
Andy Diggle
Preceded by
Chris Claremont
Uncanny X-Menwriter
2006–2008
(with Matt Fraction in 2008)
Succeeded by
Matt Fraction

Ed Brubaker:

"Just physical exertion. While I don't think of Cap as 'super' like Spider-man or Superman, he's clearly not Batman with a shield. He's not just like a guy who works out all the time and is trained. He's been enhanced, and I wanted to show that a bit."

"See, I never understand why everyone gets so worked up about this stuff. Cap was given the Super-Soldier Serum. The first word there is SUPER. He's not superman, but clearly, he's been shown to be much faster and stronger than a well-trained athlete, many many times. One of everyone's favorite Cap appearances seems to be DD: Born Again, where he's shown running to fast that he's a breeze."

"I see it as he's the ultimate of human potential. Not something the modern man could ever be, but like an evolutionary next-step, basically. He's not Thor or Spiderman, but he's not Batman, either."

Here are feats that Batman has never recreated on top of that 60 MPH run for 5 miles.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Throws a 100 to 150 lb steel concrete composite 20 to 30 feet high knocking the shooters out of the building.

Extreme acrobatics, this one he uses acrobatics to lose a special ops scout team and then uses gymnastic pull bar methods to leap 10 to 12 stories high which is completely ridiculous as you can see the water basin on the roof he is heading towards and he lands right next to it in front of the team:

Does a front flip with about 100 lbs of ice on his legs and hits iceman with it then beats up beast, legs are not bendable so he performed this feat with pure upper body strength.

There is more evidence that Captain America is physically above Batman than there is evidence on the other way around.

Now that's a 2 cents. 

So what physical feats did Batman perform that puts him on the same level again? This theory of them being physically equal is deubunked and has been done thoroughly. 
Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383  Edited By Jayfournines

@SlimJ87D: Awesome posts man, you've changed my mind on the whole "they are physically equal" debate. Cap is superior.

benben178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384  Edited By benben178

@Oni_Bane: @darktiger: @Postacrat: @SlimJ87D: Okay one question why isn't anybody showing batman's feats or scans we need Batman Scans in order to prove wether one party is wrong or right. So somebody get some Scans of bruce.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By Jayfournines

@benben178: there's 20 pages of debate man, there's Batman feats in the past pages

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By slimj87d
@benben178: Every Batman scan can practically be located here. 

http://batmanfeats.blogspot.com/ 

They're all there. And there's nothing on there that shows Bruce running 60 MPH, jumping up 2 story building with one leap, throwing a concrete composite and knocking people out of the building and on top of all that, throwing 12 lbs straight through a truck, front flipping only using upper body while a huge piece of ice is attached to your leg, we have a well known Eisen award writer that wrote both characters flat out saying that they shouldn't be physically equal. 
Alice_Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By Alice_Summers

@SlimJ87D said:

@benben178: Every Batman scan can practically be located here. http://batmanfeats.blogspot.com/ They're all there. And there's nothing on there that shows Bruce running 60 MPH, jumping up 2 story building with one leap, throwing a concrete composite and knocking people out of the building and on top of all that, throwing 12 lbs straight through a truck, front flipping only using upper body while a huge piece of ice is attached to your leg, we have a well known Eisen award writer that wrote both characters flat out saying that they shouldn't be physically equal.

are their other places like that (that list cr*p loads of feats?)

I'm looking for Green Arrow.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By slimj87d
@Alice_Summers: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t436019.html
Alice_Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By Alice_Summers

@SlimJ87D: thanks!

benben178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By benben178

@SlimJ87D: Hmm... well seems that all Batman has on cap is his brain and hand 2 hand combat but how much will that help when you have some one throwing 30 tons, and has proper hand2hand training.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By tg1982

@benben178said:

@SlimJ87D: Hmm... well seems that all Batman has on cap is his brain and hand 2 hand combat but how much will that help when you have some one throwing 30 tons, and has proper hand2hand training.

Batman does indeed have a slight edge on Cap in terms of H2H knowledge/skill, but Cap's superior physicality combined with his, also great, yet lesser, knowledge/skill in H2H makes them equal in H2H combat in my opinion. And Cap can't throw 30 tons, unless that was a typo.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392  Edited By darktiger

@benben178 said:

@Oni_Bane: @darktiger: @Postacrat: @SlimJ87D: Okay one question why isn't anybody showing batman's feats or scans we need Batman Scans in order to prove wether one party is wrong or right. So somebody get some Scans of bruce.

your right

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393  Edited By Jayfournines

@darktiger:

@SlimJ87D said:

@benben178: Every Batman scan can practically be located here. http://batmanfeats.blogspot.com/ They're all there. And there's nothing on there that shows Bruce running 60 MPH, jumping up 2 story building with one leap, throwing a concrete composite and knocking people out of the building and on top of all that, throwing 12 lbs straight through a truck, front flipping only using upper body while a huge piece of ice is attached to your leg, we have a well known Eisen award writer that wrote both characters flat out saying that they shouldn't be physically equal.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394  Edited By Postacrat

@Oni_Bane said:

@Postacrat said:

@benben178 said:

Oh so Batman can throw a shield though a truck? Captain America doesn't get tired. Batman does, just ask Bane.

You mean the indestructible shield made of Vibranium and adamamantium that's capable of absorbing any Kinetic force used against it even when it is thrown that keeps it from losing momentum? Yeah that shield plays a big factor in a lot of these arguments about caps feats especially the truck. I promise you he would not have been able to do that with a regular shield. Anybody with decent enough strength and talent with throwing a large projectile could do it, the properties of the shield do half of the work. I've seen cap look tired plenty of times ask Wolverine, no I mean ask Deadpool, wait ask Wolverine and Deadpool and a couple others that have faced him.

@SlimJ87D said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
@Postacrat said:

@benben178 said:

Were you not reading this thread? Just because you posted feats that Batman matches Cap doesn't mean you proved it. You CHOSE to not compare them to Captain America's high end feats. On top of Cap throwing his 12lb shield SO FAST it went through a truck, these are feats that Batman cannot reproduce. This was posted a page before your post from me.

@benben178 said:

Ed Brubaker

Preceded by
Larry Hama
Batman writer
2000–2002
Succeeded by
Jeph Loeb
Preceded by
John Francis Moore
Catwoman writer
2002–2005
Succeeded by
Will Pfeifer
Preceded by
Greg Rucka
Detective Comicswriter
2003–2004
Succeeded by
Andersen Gabrych
Preceded by
Robbie Morrison
The Authoritywriter
2004–2005
Succeeded by
Grant Morrison
Preceded by
Robert Kirkman
Captain Americawriter
2005–2012
Succeeded by
Rick Remender
Preceded by
Brian Michael Bendis
Daredevil writer
2006–2009
(with Greg Ruckain 2008)
Succeeded by
Andy Diggle
Preceded by
Chris Claremont
Uncanny X-Menwriter
2006–2008
(with Matt Fraction in 2008)
Succeeded by
Matt Fraction

Ed Brubaker:

"Just physical exertion. While I don't think of Cap as 'super' like Spider-man or Superman, he's clearly not Batman with a shield. He's not just like a guy who works out all the time and is trained. He's been enhanced, and I wanted to show that a bit."

"See, I never understand why everyone gets so worked up about this stuff. Cap was given the Super-Soldier Serum. The first word there is SUPER. He's not superman, but clearly, he's been shown to be much faster and stronger than a well-trained athlete, many many times. One of everyone's favorite Cap appearances seems to be DD: Born Again, where he's shown running to fast that he's a breeze."

"I see it as he's the ultimate of human potential. Not something the modern man could ever be, but like an evolutionary next-step, basically. He's not Thor or Spiderman, but he's not Batman, either."

Now that's a 2 cents.

So what physical feats did Batman perform that puts him on the same level again? This theory of them being physically equal is deubunked and has been done thoroughly.

I don't need everyone to agree with me, but if you have really been looking over these 20 pages you would see quit a few people do. Also I even stated to Jashro44 that debates aren't always about changing peoples minds they are about two sides presenting evidence in regards to said Case. Firstly it was never my claim that they were totally equal or that batman was stronger, in fact Im pretty sure I have stated a few times that it is conceivable because of the SSS that Captain America could be a bit above Batman in some of his physical attributes but not by a large margin like your making it seem. I just looked at your Scan's, have you been reading this thread? I may give it to you as far as strength but not by much, everything else I matched period. Reflexes, agility, fighting ability hell Batman took down a Siberian Tiger can I say he's enhanced, because not even the worlds strongest Sumo Wrestler is doing that.

For your information my Scan's did prove my point that because of the SSS Captain America is a bit stronger and maybe faster than Batman, but since Batman regularly deals with people who outclass him in these areas this does not constitute as an automatic win for Captain America. Also your Scan's are still comparable to the ones I placed up except Cap is still hiding behind that shield, while Batman dodges and dances around Bullets, knives, and arrows. I didn't Post high end Scan's for Cap because I'm not defending him I'm defending Batman, besides I'm sure you got some 90's early 00's feats you can dust off and post.

Ed Brubakers opinion means nothing to me, Captain America is listed as Peak Human, until he is listed as otherwise he is Peak human. If I can't say Batman has enhanced strength when he punches through brick walls, or smashes the roof of cars after jumping from a high point then why do people get to make Cap Super Human? See I know what you thought, you thought just because you came at me with a couple of Cited pages, throw in a couple scan's, some bold texts in capitol letters, and Ed Brubaker that was suppose to make your point and shake me up right? Maybe for some and that's ok, but not for me. I stand by my statements Batman is the better martial artist, better acrobat, with better and more versatile equipment, and he is leaps and bounds smarter than Cap no unbreakable shield or SSS needed. He's also better and more diverse with pressure points than Cap, why coudln't Batman just cause him to have a Massive Hematoma like Logan did? Those attributes are more than enough to beat Cap for me, disagree if you like that's fine.

@benben178 said:

Brains, H2H, Versatile Gadgets, and experience dealing with guys stronger and faster than him regularly. I would say these things help Batman out a lot. Besides Batman is not weak, why are people acting like they never seen Cap have a hard time or get beaten by a Peak Human before? People really think just because Cap can jump a little higher, or run a little faster or lift a little more that makes that much a difference against The Bat? If that is the case I better never see Cap lose to another Peak Human again, and I better see Batman getting whooped by everybody he faces outside of a common street thug from here on out.

@darktiger: I posted some bro, you'll have to go a couple pages back to see them. This thread has gone on for over 20 pages. I have ton's more, but I don't really see a need to Post them. It's enough Scan's in this thread IMO, I just wanted to state my case.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395  Edited By Jayfournines

Waitaminute....i've been reading on numerous threads that Batman usually deals with foes who are superior than him...but is that really true? I mean, 85% of the time Batman deals with crazies from his town, thugs and mobsters who are most certainly NOT superior than him in any way. Maybe Bane, Clayface, Ivy and Rah's...but the rest? Joker? Penguin? Mr. freeze? Catwoman? Mad Hatter? Two-face? Mr. Scarface? Hush and so on and so forth

In the instance that Bats does deal with immensely powerful foes, doesn't that usually happen with the league backing him up though?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396  Edited By slimj87d

@Postacrat: I don't care who agrees with what and what means what to you. Batman is NOT physically on par with Steve, not even close at all and this addresses you saying he is slightly stronger than Batman. If Batman was capable of sprinting at 50 MPH, or jump up 1.5 stories high, or throw 12 lbs through half a truck then maybe he would be close, but he can't. Enough said.

Lastly, please reread your shield throwing explanation, it's illogical in many ways, not because it goes down the line of "it's comics, what else can I say." But because it doesn't make sense. Regardless if the shield is indestructible or not, a BB is going to be nearly indestructible as compared to a piece of paper yet throwing it at a piece of paper at various speeds will either tear through the paper or not. It's like you wrote it to make it seem like you addressed and debunked it. But I can play it your way, no problem.

That slab of concrete weighs about 100 lbs. Those men are about 2 or 3 stories high, look at the power line. Where do they end up after Cap lifts and throws it? They end up flying off of the building.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397  Edited By Postacrat

@Jayfournines said:

Waitaminute....i've been reading on numerous threads that Batman usually deals with foes who are superior than him...but is that really true? I mean, 85% of the time Batman deals with crazies from his town, thugs and mobsters who are most certainly NOT superior than him in any way. Maybe Bane, Clayface, Ivy and Rah's...but the rest? Joker? Penguin? Mr. freeze? Catwoman? Mad Hatter? Two-face? Mr. Scarface? Hush and so on and so forth

In the instance that Bats does deal with immensely powerful foes, doesn't that usually happen with the league backing him up though?

Mr freeze regularly wears an exo suit that increase his strength and durability, Clay Face is a serious threat as well. Killer Croc is another muscle head and so is Bane,The KG beast and a few others.@SlimJ87D said:

@Postacrat: I don't care who agrees with what and what means what to you. Batman is NOT physically on par with Steve. Enough said.

I don't recall asking you what you cared about to begin with, you addressed me not the other way around. And you kind came off like a smart A$$ while you were doing it for no reason other than the fact that you disagreed, at least I was polite in my reply. Like I said disagree if you like, it doesn't matter to me. Other people agreeing with me adds to my statistical reasoning, proving that I am not alone in the way I think. What makes your opinion more valid than mines, just because you said enough said? Negative, You don't care what I say I don't care what you say....there....take that.... You don't see me picking on everybody that thinks Cap would win do you? Your just mad because not everyone see's it like you do, it's a free country, deal with it. Yeah that's two catch phrases to your one (enough said), Batman IS Physically on Par with Steve "Take that and deal with it", that last catch phrase now makes me right. See I can do it too....

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398  Edited By slimj87d

@Postacrat: No hard feelings, but this is the internet. I could be saying this with a soft voice and smile but if it's on the internet people can read it however they want. And because we disagree on something, it's more likely you'll read it in a negative way.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399  Edited By Postacrat

@SlimJ87D: I can understand that. Yet and still I never said Cap wasn't stronger,I just don't think it's that big a Gap that Batman couldn't Handle it. That's all I'm saying. It's a good fight, can we agree on that?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400  Edited By slimj87d

@Postacrat: It is a good fight. If you read my other post, I said it's pretty much 50/50