Batman vs Captain America

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

@leo-343 said:

@bat_girl_cc: not the point I said he'll have the same problems- he loses to deathstroke because the latter is enhanced

Yes, Batman would have trouble against Cap, due to Cap being physically superior to Bruce, but unlike Batman vs Slade, Cap is not that much superior to Batman, and Bruce's skill advantage would most likely make up for it.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Batman

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#654  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@leo-343 said:

@bat_girl_cc: ah that's where we'll have to agree to disagree as I believe caps stats will make up for the skill difference.

Lmao, we're basically arguing the same thing, but from different points of view...fair enough, i actually think this would be a very even fight, no matter the outcome.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#657  Edited By legacy6364

Cap.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@bat_girl_cc: not the point I said he'll have the same problems- he loses to deathstroke because the latter is enhanced

Yes, Batman would have trouble against Cap, due to Cap being physically superior to Bruce, but unlike Batman vs Slade, Cap is not that much superior to Batman, and Bruce's skill advantage would most likely make up for it.

I wouldn't even say Cap is that much more superior stat wise due to some of Bruce's high end feats. Cap definitely has some PIS feats that can contest Bruce's as well (if those are taken into account). I'd say stalemate with maybe a tiny .1 or 2 to Batman thanks to his superior showing of technical skill as well as great use of gadgets.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok few things

Batman and Captain America have almost the same stats. The difference if any is too small to matter. Cap can bench 1100 pounds. Batman has benched a 1000. Cap can whup his shield with enough force to slice through steel. Batman can hack down trees with his kicks

Yes Captain America has a period where he was specifically powered up, feats like Cap throwing a giant boulder up a skyscraper from the ground, are from that era. Yes, Captain America specifically had a later storyline to contrast these levels of power tohis standard levels

Another common misconception.batman being more skilled. Both Batman and Captain America have shown the usage of pressure points and nerve strikes on panel. Both are considered among the elite fighters in their universe. Captain America specifically if you want to go there, regularly tangles with "skilled" fighters like Black Panther and Wolverine evenly as far as his presentation goes. He also has the standard " master of x, y, z martial arts" narrative hyperbole going for him as with every other street leveller, contrary to what people who seem to exclusively read Batman comics think

The difference if any, between the two comes from the Captain America's " Lactic acid doesn't build up in my muscles" crap. Which considering current Bats can go 28 hours free style/ the whole labyrinth of Owls thing, is a minor factor to say the least

Captain America wins maybe 5.5/10

pokeyourjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generally speaking.

Without prep: Captain America

With prep: Batman

Its always been traditionally that way and should stay so. Captain America is slightly superior physically, and his indestructible shield would pose problems for a Batman with no prepped-gear.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#661  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

Lol @DCfans down playin Cap so DCs golden boy can seem relevent. STOP USING WORD PLAY! so what if Marvel said Cap was "peak human". They also said "enhanced human", "peak of human EVOLUTION" etc... The point is not just Batman but even most metas would die if they were frozen for 70 years. So what are u sayin, Caps origin is just a high end feet. Hell, even Spidey can get drunk and can be affected by all poisins unlike Cap.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done.. still cap.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even Caps mind is enhanced. he has perfect focus, perfect memory, and he can see bullets moving in the air. Cap jumps off five storie buldings with no glider cape or parachute on the regular. my point Cap is in a completly different class than Batman. how many days could Batman survive being frozen? and how high of a drop could Batman survive without his glider cape?

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@69ball-z-deep: That's the words of one writer...

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc said:

@leo-343 said:

I wouldn't even say Cap is that much more superior stat wise due to some of Bruce's high end feats. Cap definitely has some PIS feats that can contest Bruce's as well (if those are taken into account). I'd say stalemate with maybe a tiny .1 or 2 to Batman thanks to his superior showing of technical skill as well as great use of gadgets.

Agreed.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The devils number!!! BEGONE!

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes Captain America has a period where he was specifically powered up, feats like Cap throwing a giant boulder up a skyscraper from the ground, are from that era. Yes, Captain America specifically had a later storyline to contrast these levels of power tohis standard levels

Can you give some details on the storyline where he was powered up?

Some people have been using feats from that era to portray regular Cap it seems.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap takes it

Brucey_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#672  Edited By comicace3

Man who ever made this Battle must've been real proud.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman throws a batarang and CA runs in fear of the flying sharp object.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap takes it

in the a**

he is overmatched in terms of skill.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#677  Edited By DigitalShooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: lets do it my ni66a. so how exactly does Batman beat da Cap.

Here is a scenario that could play out:

Fight starts..

Bruce uses a smoke pellet and disappears..

Cap scans the environment trying to spot Bruce,,,

Out of nowhere, Batman glides in and snatches Cap's shield and throws it away out of Steve's reach..

He then throws a couple batarangs at Steve.

Steve uses his agility to evade them..

Batman uses another smoke pellet and disappears again..

Cap runs at his shield and picks it up..

At that moment his shield explodes (batman's placed a small explosive on it when he snatched it and threw it away)

Cap is thrown away by the explosion and is crippled a bit by it's damage..

Bruce closes in and (if necessary) beats down the already crippled Cap with relative ease.

Batman then uses his bat rope to tie Steve up..

He then hangs Steve upside down and lets him swing between skyscrapers for amusement..

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok few things

Batman and Captain America have almost the same stats. The difference if any is too small to matter. Cap can bench 1100 pounds. Batman has benched a 1000. Cap can whup his shield with enough force to slice through steel. Batman can hack down trees with his kicks

Another common misconception.batman being more skilled. Both Batman and Captain America have shown the usage of pressure points and nerve strikes on panel. Both are considered among the elite fighters in their universe. Captain America specifically if you want to go there, regularly tangles with "skilled" fighters like Black Panther and Wolverine evenly as far as his presentation goes. He also has the standard " master of x, y, z martial arts" narrative hyperbole going for him as with every other street leveller, contrary to what people who seem to exclusively read Batman comics think

The difference if any, between the two comes from the Captain America's " Lactic acid doesn't build up in my muscles" crap. Which considering current Bats can go 28 hours free style/ the whole labyrinth of Owls thing, is a minor factor to say the least

Captain America wins maybe 5.5/10

Bruce can bench 1000?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#680  Edited By uugieboogie

@69ball-z-deep said:

@digitalshooter9: lets do it my ni66a. so how exactly does Batman beat da Cap.

Here is a scenario that could play out:

Fight starts..

Bruce uses a smoke pellet and disappears..

Cap scans the environment trying to spot Bruce,,,

Out of nowhere, Batman glides in and snatches Cap's shield and throws it away out of Steve's reach..

He then throws a couple batarangs at Steve.

Steve uses his agility to evade them..

Batman uses another smoke pellet and disappears again..

Cap runs at his shield and picks it up..

At that moment his shield explodes (batman's placed a small explosive on it when he snatched it and threw it away)

Cap is thrown away by the explosion and is crippled a bit by it's damage..

Bruce closes in and (if necessary) beats down the already crippled Cap with relative ease.

Batman then uses his bat rope to tie Steve up..

He then hangs Steve upside down and lets him swing between skyscrapers for amusement..

Batman's explosions are barely lethal. Also after reading Dimension Z Cap had some pretty good durability & endurance feats. He literally cut a hole in his chest to get Zola out .

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Dhumraketu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: @uugieboogie:

Cap also has superior senses (all of them). Batman is going to have a harder (not impossible just harder) time ambushing Cap than his usual prey. Cap is far from a rookie when it comes to fighting in smoke, fire, with sand in his eyes, and just about any other standard sensory impairment available to Batman.

I think this fight comes down to endurance. These two are in for a long slug fest. I'm pretty sure Cap can edge out Batman in that, but Batman has slightly superior offensive weaponry and that allows him to do damage with less physical effort (whereas Cap has to put muscle into every offensive move).

This would be one of the best pay per views ever, and the longest.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap also has superior senses (all of them). Batman is going to have a harder (not impossible just harder) time ambushing Cap than his usual prey. Cap is far from a rookie when it comes to fighting in smoke, fire, with sand in his eyes, and just about any other standard sensory impairment available to Batman.

I think this fight comes down to endurance. These two are in for a long slug fest. I'm pretty sure Cap can edge out Batman in that, but Batman has slightly superior offensive weaponry and that allows him to do damage with less physical effort (whereas Cap has to put muscle into every offensive move).

I think Cap's enhanced physicals & showings how he has great endurance & Cap has the reflexes to dodge or block most of batmans offensive weapons.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@batatest said:

They see each other. Cap throws the shield, Batman drops the smoke pellet, and disappears. Two batarangs dipped in anesthetic hit Cap in the back, he turns around and shoots his Desert Eagle but no ones there. The shield comes back. Cap still looking for Batman, starting to feel sleepy. Batman starts talking to him, cap follows his voice, but it's a trap batman was throwing his voice. He gets hit behind the knee with two more anesthetic batarangs, and then Batman iss on him. He kicks the gun from his hands. Dives for it and jumps over the gate disappearing again. Now Caps really tired.

Batman comes up over the gate back on his side of the building. Cap starts running toward him. Batman throws a batarang Cap deflects it but batman was really aiming with his grapple gun for the Green object he pulls it forcing cap to run on the bridge or jump the gap. Steve jumps the gap figuring the bridge was a trap. Batman was ready for either one. He dives over the edge of the building as cap is landing. Lassoing his Caps feet and taking him down the center of the building with himself. Batman grapple guns his way out of the free fall swinging into one of the far windows. Cap plummets. Ninja beats Spartan on a rooftop. Batman better then Captain America anywhere.

Batman Wins.

Cap never tires.
It is physical.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: I have had this argument before, and I argue they are close in physicals, very close. They both have ridiculous strength feats. Batman has benched 1,000 pounds, and held up a 1,000 pound ceiling. But he has also down more ridiculous things like tear open a vault with his bare hands underwater and pull a speeding car to a halt with his grapnel gun. There are even more strength feats that are just as good as Caps.

As for agility, Captain America is faster, but not by much. Both regularly dodge bullets, but Cap has done things like sprint across a room to block bullets as they were fired. Physicals are much closer than people put them.

Dhumraketu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dhumraketu said:

I think Cap's enhanced physicals & showings how he has great endurance & Cap has the reflexes to dodge or block most of batmans offensive weapons.

I have to disagree, at least initially. Batman will surprise Cap with some misdirection imo. Cap won't fall for all of it, especially as the fight wears on, but it will offer Batman some leveling of the endurance field.

My gut does side with Cap though, if only because he is more persistent in greater feats than Batman. It's odd because my personal bias in terms of character is just as slight in Batman's favor. It really is a cut the baby in two situation for me. I also find it amusing that both characters would certainly be disgusted with themselves if they turned into the other.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman...

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: I have had this argument before, and I argue they are close in physicals, very close. They both have ridiculous strength feats. Batman has benched 1,000 pounds, and held up a 1,000 pound ceiling. But he has also down more ridiculous things like tear open a vault with his bare hands underwater and pull a speeding car to a halt with his grapnel gun. There are even more strength feats that are just as good as Caps.

As for agility, Captain America is faster, but not by much. Both regularly dodge bullets, but Cap has done things like sprint across a room to block bullets as they were fired. Physicals are much closer than people put them.

When I say physicals I don't necessarily strength & speed. I'm mainly referring to durability & endurance. Cap has done some serious crazy things, don't get me wrong Batman has too but Cap has done things that make me question everything, lol.

Off Topic... I can't wait to see how Falcon fairs a captain america

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

@dhumraketu said:

I have to disagree, at least initially. Batman will surprise Cap with some misdirection imo. Cap won't fall for all of it, especially as the fight wears on, but it will offer Batman some leveling of the endurance field.

My gut does side with Cap though, if only because he is more persistent in greater feats than Batman. It's odd because my personal bias in terms of character is just as slight in Batman's favor. It really is a cut the baby in two situation for me. I also find it amusing that both characters would certainly be disgusted with themselves if they turned into the other.

I don't he's Batarangs will really be a huge factor he only has 10 & Cap has good reflexes & idk if he's grenade would work on cap isn't he immune to that stuff?

I think Cap's endurance & durability is what wins this fight not too much of his strength & speed but those are still a factor.

Dhumraketu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't he's Batarangs will really be a huge factor he only has 10 & Cap has good reflexes & idk if he's grenade would work on cap isn't he immune to that stuff?

I think Cap's endurance & durability is what wins this fight not too much of his strength & speed but those are still a factor.

Oh I pretty much agree with you. Like many folks in this thread I'm pretty split. My gut still says Cap 6 or 7/10 but with a seriously brutal fight in all ten occurrences. I think my gut is leaning that way because as I said, Cap's feats are more persistently greater (more occurrences) than Batman's by a hair. I do think Bats will pull some initial misdirection 5/10 but if you compare that to my 6 or 7/10 for Cap overall then it shows how much I think that matters. Batman's best edge here is his cunning/deceptiveness. I think he has the chops to pull the wool over Caps eyes to some minor advantage, but Cap will compensate much of the time over the long haul because he has plenty of experience with very deceptive and stealthy adversaries. This is the kind of fight where every misstep causes a turnover.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

Oh I pretty much agree with you. Like many folks in this thread I'm pretty split. My gut still says Cap 6 or 7/10 but with a seriously brutal fight in all ten occurrences. I think my gut is leaning that way because as I said, Cap's feats are more persistently greater (more occurrences) than Batman's by a hair. I do think Bats will pull some initial misdirection 5/10 but if you compare that to my 6 or 7/10 for Cap overall then it shows how much I think that matters. Batman's best edge here is his cunning/deceptiveness. I think he has the chops to pull the wool over Caps eyes to some minor advantage, but Cap will compensate much of the time over the long haul because he has plenty of experience with very deceptive and stealthy adversaries. This is the kind of fight where every misstep causes a turnover.

Yeah I wish it was a way to actually see this fight & not a fan-determined site. I also want to see a Taskmaster & Batman fight.

Dhumraketu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dhumraketu said:

@uugieboogie said:

Yeah I wish it was a way to actually see this fight & not a fan-determined site. I also want to see a Taskmaster & Batman fight.

I would have to give an edge to Batman in vs. Taskmaster. Again it's a very slim edge but Batman I think shows better adaptability and utilizes a variety of fighting styles that Taskmaster may be familiar with the components of, but won't pick up easily enough to edge out Bats. It would be another fantastic fight though.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

@dhumraketu said:

@uugieboogie said:

I would have to give an edge to Batman in vs. Taskmaster. Again it's a very slim edge but Batman I think shows better adaptability and utilizes a variety of fighting styles that Taskmaster may be familiar with the components of, but won't pick up easily enough to edge out Bats. It would be another fantastic fight though.

In all honesty, I see a non jobbing Taskmaster takes Batman in there is first fought but not too easily. I think after Batman collects himself & analyzes how TM fights I see Batman taking their next fights.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#693  Edited By Mee09

Just because Captain America is enhanced doesn't mean he is going to win at all. I know Batman wins this. He is a master of every fighting style on the planet. He has PLENTY of gadgets at his disposal. Once Cap loses his shield (which he will because Batman wont let him continue to use it when he knows he can disarm him). He loses badly. He isn't just going to box Captain America. He is going to use his plethora of Gadgets to give him the win and take him out.

Btw screwattack did this today. I wont tell you who wins (I'm about to watch it too): http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/batman-vs-captain-america-death-battle

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09 said:

Just because Captain America is enhanced doesn't mean he is going to win at all. I know Batman wins this. He is a master of every fighting style on the planet. He has PLENTY of gadgets at his disposal. Once Cap loses his shield (which he will because Batman wont let him continue to use it when he knows he can disarm him). He loses badly. He isn't just going to box Captain America. He is going to use his plethora of Gadgets to give him the win and take him out.

Btw screwattack did this today. I wont tell you who wins (I'm about to watch it too): http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/batman-vs-captain-america-death-battle

The problem is, Cap has shown a resistance to most of Batman's gadgets. He's shown to be resistant to high level sonics and lethal electrocution, able to keep fighting when faced with both. He's also been resistant to freeze blasts as he's been able to shatter Ice Man's ice and even use it against him. He's also shown to be extremely resistant to explosions. His enhanced perceptions and senses have also allowed him to bypass the stealth of fighters and has been able to detect Black Panther, who is one of the most stealthy characters in the Marvel Universe. His enhanced speed and ability to process information at an enhanced rate also means Bats will have a hard time tagging him.

I have said before that with gear, Bats takes the majority, but even if Cap loses his shield, he certainly doesn't "lose badly".

The Death Battle was fun and while I agree with the result, I don't agree with their reasoning and as usual, their analysis was off.

kidmumunha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

bitches pay attention :

cyber_cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say cap.

Caps senses can counteract stealth, cap is physically superior in every way. Maybe not by much according to some scans of cap lifting 1100 pounds and batman lifting only a hundred pounds less but I kinda want to point something out. Is it 1100 pounds overall or is that only the one plate on the side we see? Even still if it was just 1100 he's doing it extremely easy. It's likely he could lift way more. The strength advantage is still in play.

Batman may have the skill advantage but not by a lot. Yes he's a master of martial arts and cap is only adept but only because regular martial arts don't cut it for him. He has to blend his own martial arts together which now complements his flawless anatomy perfectly. And being adept in all fighting styles just means it'll be easier for him to adapt to whatever bats throws at him.

Bats gadgets for the most part can be countered by caps shield. I heard somebody mention that cryopelets would be a good way to take cap out because cap has been frozen solid by them before. But can anyone show me a scan of him using potent enough pellets to actually freeze an opponent solid? That would kill a normal human and that's not how bats plays. Grenades would be the only thing that would do the most damage to cap out of bats arsenal and he can take this pretty easy especially now with his marvel NOW suit. Bats arsenal is more or less moot at this point and is down to a hand to hand/shield fight and bats isn't going to disarm cap as easily as people would seem to think. Not very many people can do that and even fewer can catch it in mid flight. And let's say that Bats does manage to put the shield out of play. It's now a peak human versus an enhanced human. Bats has proved time and again that if you are physically stronger in every way and know at least a hand full of martial arts that you can beat him *cough* deathstroke *cough*. And I know what you're going to say "slade is way stronger than cap" but cap is more skilled so that compensates for that. Cap is basically a little less stronger than slade but a way better fighter so in a way he's on the same level as spade. Hell, he lost to bane who was just his physical superior in strength and that's it.

Avatar image for thebattlecalculatot
TheBattleCalculatot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Bats has this.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Could go either way. I see Cap making Bruce work for it. But I can see Bruce taking the slight majority. Slight.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins

@jmarshmallow: this is the time, when you come in, with the Wonder Woman faceplanting Bruce deep into the concrete floor, scan xd

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce