Batman vs Captain America

seanvota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Batman is not peak human. He has trained and honed himself to peak levels of human performance, whatever that means. Cap IS peak human, and not only that, capable of said peak performance practically indefinitely.

There is NO way Batman's reflexes are as fast as Cap's. Maybe close, but also remember that Cap's reaction time and sensory perception are superior to Batman's. Then add in Cap's eidetic memory, and within a short period of time Batman is going to find himself overwhelmed.

No comic book writer necessarily wants or is allowed to let two popular characters one up each other except in certain circumstances. PIS abounds in comics all the time because of this. As another poster said, I wish they would always stick to the Marvel Handbook's stats and bio information. I remember reading those religiously as a kid. If you use those as cannon, and I do, whether that is right or not, you then come to the realization that many of these hypothetical fights are easily predictable as to who will be the victor.

If Batman has two weeks prep time and has unlimited use of whatever resources he has at his disposal or can acquire in that time frame, then I give Batman the win, because at this point he has the advantage over Cap.

On a strictly hand-to-hand fight, Cap wins, and he wins probably within a minute or two. Keep in mind that while Batman has the superior skill set, Cap is considered one of the greatest combatants on the planet as well, which is no shabby distinction. Now add that while Batman with his amazingly diverse martial arts toolkit may be able to predict and therefore evade Cap's strikes at the outset, Cap will memorize these and begin to anticipate them in a short period of time. Then consider that Cap doesn't even have to anticipate Batman's attacks through memorization because he can literally see the slightest telegraphing of any attack Batman's uses to avoid it before it even hits him. THEN throw in the fact that Cap IS faster and stronger. Then consider that if the two had a stand still slug fest, trading punch for punch, that Cap would win easily, and then drink a beer after.

One last point to keep in mind, is that while Batman is probably the greatest tactician and strategist, Cap is one of the greatest battle commanders and is amazing at assessing and adapting/reacting to any combat scenario thanks to his experience and massively bolstered sense perceptions and acuity.

So, Batman with unlimited resources wins because he will invariably think up something so ingenious that Cap with all his ability cannot foresee nor react to quickly enough.

Cap vs Batman, actual hand-to-hand if Batman's best laid plans fail to subdue Cap? Cap wins handily in short order.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

physically, cap has the edge, though not by too far, further than most people on this site think. technologically, bats has the edge, thought, it isnt too far, as cap is either immune to, can easily dodge, or can block with his shield.

In the end, i think cap wins, 6.5-7/10

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

@seanvota said:

Batman is not peak human. He has trained and honed himself to peak levels of human performance, whatever that means. Cap IS peak human, and not only that, capable of said peak performance practically indefinitely.

There is NO way Batman's reflexes are as fast as Cap's. Maybe close, but also remember that Cap's reaction time and sensory perception are superior to Batman's. Then add in Cap's eidetic memory, and within a short period of time Batman is going to find himself overwhelmed.

No comic book writer necessarily wants or is allowed to let two popular characters one up each other except in certain circumstances. PIS abounds in comics all the time because of this. As another poster said, I wish they would always stick to the Marvel Handbook's stats and bio information. I remember reading those religiously as a kid. If you use those as cannon, and I do, whether that is right or not, you then come to the realization that many of these hypothetical fights are easily predictable as to who will be the victor.

If Batman has two weeks prep time and has unlimited use of whatever resources he has at his disposal or can acquire in that time frame, then I give Batman the win, because at this point he has the advantage over Cap.

On a strictly hand-to-hand fight, Cap wins, and he wins probably within a minute or two. Keep in mind that while Batman has the superior skill set, Cap is considered one of the greatest combatants on the planet as well, which is no shabby distinction. Now add that while Batman with his amazingly diverse martial arts toolkit may be able to predict and therefore evade Cap's strikes at the outset, Cap will memorize these and begin to anticipate them in a short period of time. Then consider that Cap doesn't even have to anticipate Batman's attacks through memorization because he can literally see the slightest telegraphing of any attack Batman's uses to avoid it before it even hits him. THEN throw in the fact that Cap IS faster and stronger. Then consider that if the two had a stand still slug fest, trading punch for punch, that Cap would win easily, and then drink a beer after.

One last point to keep in mind, is that while Batman is probably the greatest tactician and strategist, Cap is one of the greatest battle commanders and is amazing at assessing and adapting/reacting to any combat scenario thanks to his experience and massively bolstered sense perceptions and acuity.

So, Batman with unlimited resources wins because he will invariably think up something so ingenious that Cap with all his ability cannot foresee nor react to quickly enough.

Cap vs Batman, actual hand-to-hand if Batman's best laid plans fail to subdue Cap? Cap wins handily in short order.

ur seriously underestimating batman. capt is not one of the greatest combatants on the planet. Iron Fist, Wolverine, X-23, Black Panther, Shang Chi, Mandarin, Daredevil, Daken, Black Widow, various other martial artists e.g. shaolin etc etc are all better than rogers. If capt wasn't Marvel's superman type nobility/inspiration/courage (plus the respect he gets) he would've lost all the fights against dangerous opponents he ever came across.

physically, cap has the edge, though not by too far, further than most people on this site think. technologically, bats has the edge, thought, it isnt too far, as cap is either immune to, can easily dodge, or can block with his shield.

In the end, i think cap wins, 6.5-7/10

what is capt going to dodge or block when with his shield when batman goes stealthy?

Batman takes this one way or another. He has more tools at his disposal, he's exceptionally good at using them. He's a master of stealth so he can hide, sneak, get away and strike capt from anywhere either with a pressure point attack or a batarang strike to the neck. Capt has only a shield and a gun but once the bullets run out batman would try to disarm or take his shield away leaving capt vulnerable to whatever bats decides to do next knowing that capt relies heavily on his shield. Capt has the edge physically but bats has the edge mentally. Brains beats brawn any day no doubt

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce

wolvigambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap takes this

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap for a majority

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Stalemate.

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seanvota said:

Pretty much.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@seanvota said:

So much wrong lol

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510  Edited By mtuske
Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511  Edited By Hollow_Point
reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#513  Edited By Wolverine008

Bruce is too limited gear wise by the OP to win here.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#514  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Disagree.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#516  Edited By Wolverine008

@frozen said:

@wolverine08 said:

Disagree.

Eh, I have gotten to the point where I'd take a fully geared Batman over Captain America for a 6/10 majority, but here, he's kind of nerfed in comparison to what's he used to working with. Usually he's working with low level bombs, freeze pellets, magnets, low grade bombs, etc. Here's been limited to stuff like only ten batarangs, a single smoke pellet, grapple gun, etc. IMO, that's quite a big decrease from the standard crap loads Batman is lugging around with him, and I think this puts Steve at an intrinsic advantage in that he's completely used to working with only the shield to back him up, and know he's got a gun(Which he was actually shown using during World War II during Ed Brubaker's Captain America) to help him.

I do think Batman is working with the martial prowess and tactical capability to steal wins from under Steve's nose, but I'm inclined to toss that 6/10 majority to Steve under these stipulations.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America 6.5/10

Cap's strikes and shield are devastating. Batman didn't fair so well against Slade, another super soldier with enhanced strength.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518 frozen  Moderator

@wolverine08: I think it's a stalemate. Bruce is already resourceful as works with what he has. Even with limited gear; he's made use of batarangs against higher-tier robots and has utilized smoke-pellets when necessary. Though Steve may have a gun, Batman is a solid bullet-timer and has dodged bullets after they have been fired. Their striking power is comparable, however Bruce is the better fighter and has showcased himself as a top five fighter in DC. Both possesses full knowledge on each other, now I do not underestimate Steve's capabilities and how he will utilize information on characters he knows about but Bruce has a handful of showings to which he has utilized the advantage of having knowledge on his opponents and will adjust his style and thinking to defeat his opponent. For what it's worth, he also has an anaesthetic grenade.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@wolverine08: I think it's a stalemate. Bruce is already resourceful as works with what he has. Even with limited gear; he's made use of batarangs against higher-tier robots and has utilized smoke-pellets when necessary. Though Steve may have a gun, Batman is a solid bullet-timer and has dodged bullets after they have been fired. Their striking power is comparable, however Bruce is the better fighter and has showcased himself as a top five fighter in DC. Both possesses full knowledge on each other, now I do not underestimate Steve's capabilities and how he will utilize information on characters he knows about but Bruce has a handful of showings to which he has utilized the advantage of having knowledge on his opponents and will adjust his style and thinking to defeat his opponent. For what it's worth, he also has an anaesthetic grenade.

Hmm, you honestly made some solid points here. I think I might have underestimated how resourceful Batman can be while still limited and the knowledge factor is something that benefits him despite the fact that Rogers has been praised for his own tactical prowess.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#520  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

H2H - Bruce

All Out Battle - Cap

Prep allowed - Bruce

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

Hmm, you honestly made some solid points here. I think I might have underestimated how resourceful Batman can be while still limited and the knowledge factor is something that benefits him despite the fact that Rogers has been praised for his own tactical prowess.

Which is why I believe it's a stalemate.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@wolverine08 said:

@frozen said:

Which is why I believe it's a stalemate.

The OP states that their morals "are on"...so, Baman won't try to kill Cap...or something like that...and Cap won't go all out, and try to break Batman's body, or something like that...so, i think they would engage in a H2H showdown, pretty much like they did in that non-cannon fight they had in that crossover, and in that case, i think Batman would take a small majority of wins over Cap.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

Captain America 6.5/10

Cap's strikes and shield are devastating. Batman didn't fair so well against Slade, another super soldier with enhanced strength.

Stroke is over Cap I believe. Doesn't matter though. This fight ends in justice.

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why couldn't batman just drop a smoke bomb sneak behind cap, and put him to sleep in a sleeper hold?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadow133: Assuming Rogers couldn't just through him over his shoulder and deliver a finishing shield bash?

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadow133: Cap has prior knowledge of Batman so he's well aware of his cowardly tactics and would never fall for that.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528  Edited By jwalser3

@mtuske said:

@shadow133: Cap has prior knowledge of Batman so he's well aware of his cowardly tactics and would never fall for that.

No Caption Provided

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

Cowardly tactics? lol... You silly goose.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: Sneakng up behind someone is cowardly. No way around it.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: Well, one could say it's more tactical. And another person could say you're just trolling.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532  Edited By mtuske

@jwalser3: Whatever kid. It's an opinion of mine that sucker punching is for the weak. Does not make me a troll.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533  Edited By jwalser3

@mtuske: Lol. What ever kid. I agree that Captain America wins. But to say that sneaking up on someone from behind, who you know, is physically stronger than you, is some how cowardly is foolish.

If you can't handle someone not agreeing with you, get out of the battle forums.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: You're the one who got his Batman underoos up in a bunch. I stated my opinion you replied to it and I in turn.

Sneaking up on someone us akin to those kids who play the knockout game. No difference in my eyes.

If you just wanted to disagree you could have just replied with I think it's more tactical than cowardly but I see your point. You started the name calling with the whole troll bit.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: I'm not mad. But when someone just calls a character with a well known large fanbase a coward, it seems like bait. I did say it was tactical but you focused on a insult. I apologize for it.

It'd either be me calling you a troll now, or 10 people calling you a troll later tonight.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: My response to those 10 people will be the same.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those Batcowards, eh?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainamerica1986
CaptainAmerica1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stalemate.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#540  Edited By PapiNacho

Captain America takes a comfortable majority here.

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@wolverine08 said:

Disagree.

No I agree. The gear posted gives him some possibilities (like the freeze and gas gadgets), but it's a weird item list for a Batman who had prep time studying Steve Rogers. Steve's physical attributes, everything from how fast he thinks, to his reflexes, to... well, everything is enhanced. Bruce Wayne left Gotham to train as a young adult (was he 18 or younger?), and started his Batman career after.. what.. 10 years of training? Less? This topic has been done to death. Captain America will win an encounter like this. The X factor is the Shield, as it renders all physical attacks moot. Cap 8/10.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dogsoldier88: true. So very true. Batman has no offensive answer to Steve Rogers shield. It is a similar problem he has had with his fights with Slade. Slade has body armor made of a variation of Promethium. Which is strong enough that it took Superman effort to break. That level of durability amp is too much for even bricks like Starfire to get through, Bruce had little chance in a head to head slugfest. That he would repeatedly do the worst attack plan against Slade over and over again with absolutely no variation...

In this fight, Batman only has a chance if he does not get greedy and uses all of his limited equipment to keep distance and take opportunities when that arise.

Cap wins 7/10

MarvelouFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce needs to remove the shield from the get go and attack Cap with his gadgets other than that...... Going with Cap 6/10.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman because he use nerve strikes and the suit is really durable enlugh to take high caliber shots

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I already mentioned, given the gear Bruce is limited to here, he shouldn't get a majority. Stalemate at best.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman can beat Cap in pure H2H.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers