Batman vs. Captain America

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

conformist21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By conformist21

First battle, random encounter
Second battle, pure h2h
Who wins?

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By sexy_merc

Pretty sure both scenarios have been done before. Looks like you're new here, so in case you didn't know you can always use the search function or when creating a thread, possible similar topics should show on the bottom of your screen (I think there is a bug problem with this currently though). For the sake of the debate, you should also specify which character we are using as Bruce and Dick have both worn the mantle of the Bat and Steve and Bucky have both held the shield of Captain America.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By spidey 15

Both fights are even....
It can be eother way i think...maybe the only advantage cap has is his shield and he is very little superior physically but these won't be a big help since batsgadgets can cause damage to cap even with his shield so in first round bats wins...
In second i'll give it to cap...a fight only h2h cap's superior physical stats will help him more than the first round...so i'll give it to cap.... 
But as i said this is close and it can go either way...=]

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FinalStar86

Bruce in both

Gadgets>>Shield

Skill and intellect >>> physical stats

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By spidey 15
@FinalStar86 said:
" Bruce in both  Gadgets>>Shield  Skill and intellect >>> physical stats "
I highily doubt that Bruce is better fighter....i'm pretty sure that they are equals....by that logic superior stats>>>being equal fighter...=]
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FinalStar86
@spidey 15 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
I highily doubt that Bruce is better fighter....i'm pretty sure that they are equals....by that logic superior stats>>>being equal fighter...=] "
Bruce is a better fighter, if it wasn't for Cap's physical stats he would get creamed by Bats, knows more styles, has been training since he was a child and is smarter then Steve is. 
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Magian

It could go both ways.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FinalStar86
@ComicMan24 said:
" It could go both ways. "
Agreed
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spidey 15
@FinalStar86 said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
I highily doubt that Bruce is better fighter....i'm pretty sure that they are equals....by that logic superior stats>>>being equal fighter...=] "
Bruce is a better fighter, if it wasn't for Cap's physical stats he would get creamed by Bats, knows more styles, has been training since he was a child and is smarter then Steve is.  "
I'm not so expert on bats since i don't follow DC but i've read that he knows many styles but he isn't master in any of them...but Cap is....i guess it won't be a big help being master or not but it could give you an advantage....also since cap physically superior to bats(speed agility strength and stamina) he can have bigger advantage and win....as i said in my first post these fights can go either way but in the second round cap is more likely to win....also without prep i don't think being smarter will help anyway....=]
Taima Cha'Tima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Taima Cha'Tima

This fight is canon for DC then Batman admitted that he would "probably" lose if the fight continued.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Chaos Burn

1st Round - Batman 
2nd Round - Captain America wins eventually, i reckon Batman would get more hits in, but Captain would last long enough to take him out

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spidey 15
@Taima Cha'Tima said:
"   This fight is canon for DC then Batman admitted that he would "probably" lose if the fight continued. "
Just is b/c is canon for DC doesn't mean that isn't PIS...=]
Taima Cha'Tima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Taima Cha'Tima
@spidey 15: Ok so Captain America being potentially able to beat batman after a long term fight is "plot induced stupidity" .... riiiight
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spidey 15
@Taima Cha'Tima said:
" @spidey 15: Ok so Captain America being potentially able to beat batman after a long term fight is "plot induced stupidity" .... riiiight "
"Plot Included Stupidly" is the fact that Bats admited he would lose and at the same time he could use any of his gadgets and slow down Cap so he could beat him....but he didn't...this is the PIS....=]
Taima Cha'Tima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Taima Cha'Tima
@spidey 15: Those gadgets being? Plus they were ripped out of their worlds so i doubt he was prepared.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spidey 15
@Taima Cha'Tima said:
" @spidey 15: Those gadgets being? Plus they were ripped out of their worlds so i doubt he was prepared. "
He doesn't need to be prepared...he always has his standar gear....this gadgets could be sonic batarags, smoke grenades, some explosives and many other things...=]
brharri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By brharri

batman 
batman

Taima Cha'Tima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Taima Cha'Tima
@spidey 15: It was a clean h2h fight, and even if he'd grab for his Gadgets, which one of those couldn't Cap dodge with his Superhuman (super soldier) reflexes and other attributes?
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By spidey 15
@brharri said:
" batman batman "
Second round is cap....since he won't have any gadgets...Cap's superior physical stats will allow him to beat him....=]
Taima Cha'Tima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Taima Cha'Tima
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By spidey 15
@Taima Cha'Tima said:
" @spidey 15: It was a clean h2h fight, and even if he'd grab for his Gadgets, which one of those couldn't Cap dodge with his Superhuman (super soldier) reflexes and other attributes? "
You can't avoid sound or smoke( maybe he could avoid smoke) but eveyone knows that he can't avoid sound....is just logic...the ony way for cap to not be affected by this is to stop Bats and is highily unlikely....and he has no super human attributes just b/c he is super soldier...he is at peak lvls...=]
Taima Cha'Tima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Taima Cha'Tima
@spidey 15:
Sound? wouldn't that efffect bats aswell? ;P
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By spidey 15
@Taima Cha'Tima said:
" @spidey 15: Sound? wouldn't that efffect bats aswell? ;P "
Of course not....how could you think of that?
brharri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By brharri

yeah i guess

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By Supreme Marvel
Jewlz_Verne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jewlz_Verne

2nd battle is cap all the way, super soldier plus military training will level batman's " kungfu". Superhuman plus good fighter vs good fighter = cap for the win

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spidey 15
@Jewlz_Verne said:
" 2nd battle is cap all the way, super soldier plus military training will level batman's " kungfu". Superhuman plus good fighter vs good fighter = cap for the win "
He is not superhuman...he is peak human....=]
Taima Cha'Tima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Taima Cha'Tima
@spidey 15: is above normal human due to the super soldier serum, which adding to the same around fighting skill as bruce would end in his favour.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By spidey 15
@Taima Cha'Tima said:
" @spidey 15: is above normal human due to the super soldier serum, which adding to the same around fighting skill as bruce would end in his favour. "
Who said that Cap is normal human....i said he is a peak human....just b/c the serum is called super soldier doesn't mean he can give him super human stats....=]
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hellos

@FinalStar86
said:

"Bruce in both  Gadgets>>Shield  Skill and intellect >>> physical stats "

Captain America is a skilled fighter and tactician. It's namely why he developes his own fighting styles and has been one of the best leaders in the MU.

@FinalStar86 said:

"Bruce is a better fighter, if it wasn't for Cap's physical stats he would get creamed by Bats, knows more styles, has been training since he was a child and is smarter then Steve is.  "

Doubtful, the Serum opened the door, but Captain America puts in a lot of hard work to make himself into the beast that he is. You've had other characters actually worry about how hard said character pushes himself, to the point he could get himself killed.  
Namely why he can fight the people he does, like actually giving guys like Tchalla a fight despite the man being born and raised to be a warrior since birth, knocking around Wolverine, and the dozens of other skilled / super powered enemies / friends a like with years more experience than Caps. 

Your attitude about believing SSS instantly made Caps into the man that is he is reminds me of this thread. 

@spidey 15 said:

" @brharri said:
" batman batman "
Second round is cap....since he won't have any gadgets...Cap's superior physical stats will allow him to beat him....=] "

That and the years of intense training and skill. Bats himself may be super human for his weight to be pushing lifting as much as he does, but Caps is pure awsome source.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By spidey 15
@Hellos: Indeed....=]
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hellos
@spidey 15 said:

" @Hellos: Indeed....=] "

I would hope so for an indeedy, Cap is no slouch of a fictional character and earned the respect he has among the superhuman community, blood, sweat and tears for his country. :P
Avatar image for prince_of_saiyans
Prince of Saiyans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman wins

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheBatman586

I'd say Batman for both. He can most likely match (if not surpass) any physical showings that Cap has. If anyone wants to see scans, I'll show them.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Close. This is about as close a DC VS Marvel fight you can get. Except maybe Bats (Bruce Wayne) versus Black Panther.

But I'd give it to Bruce because he is smarter and much dirtier and fighter.

For the record however. Steve Rogers is without a doubt one of the 3 most awesome marvel characters ever.

Jewlz_Verne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jewlz_Verne
@TheBatman586 said:
" I'd say Batman for both. He can most likely match (if not surpass) any physical showings that Cap has. If anyone wants to see scans, I'll show them. "
I would like to see these scans please. By physical showings you mean strength speed etc?  

I for one think that cap on paper should take him because the serum essentially means his muscles do not fatigue or forever to do so, plus they say Batman is the master of no arts but good at them all, cap made his own art. I just don't think Bats could beat the heart of Captain America.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By spidey 15
@TheBatman586 said:
" I'd say Batman for both. He can most likely match (if not surpass) any physical showings that Cap has. If anyone wants to see scans, I'll show them. "
I doubt if there is any scan that proves that bats is physically better.....cause he isn't....=]
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By daak1212
@FinalStar86 said:

Bruce is not a better fighter.  When has bruce every really used his gadgets in a hand to hand fight to the point were the fight was won based on gadgets?  He takes people on hand to hand and seeing as there's no prep I think there both evenly matched.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By spidey 15
@daak1212 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
Bruce is not a better fighter.  When has bruce every really used his gadgets in a hand to hand fight to the point were the fight was won based on gadgets?  He takes people on hand to hand and seeing as there's no prep I think there both evenly matched. "
In battle forums every character tries to do his best.... so batman will try to use everything he got to take down cap( gadgets) and he doesn't need prep...his standar gear are more than enough to beat or slow down cap....=]
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By daak1212
@spidey 15 said:
" @daak1212 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
Bruce is not a better fighter.  When has bruce every really used his gadgets in a hand to hand fight to the point were the fight was won based on gadgets?  He takes people on hand to hand and seeing as there's no prep I think there both evenly matched. "
In battle forums every character tries to do his best.... so batman will try to use everything he got to take down cap( gadgets) and he doesn't need prep...his standar gear are more than enough to beat or slow down cap....=] "

True but thats preatty much saying caps extremly stupid to walk into the traps.  Bucky beat Wolverine and Cap beat bucky.  What Im saying is that an assassin who know his opponent very well still lost to Cap.  Cap is not going to fall for bats.  Past Cap with the sheild would tie with Batman but current Steve would be edged to him since he uses guns now.  Look at the cover for Super-Soldier one.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By spidey 15
@daak1212 said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @daak1212 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
In battle forums every character tries to do his best.... so batman will try to use everything he got to take down cap( gadgets) and he doesn't need prep...his standar gear are more than enough to beat or slow down cap....=] "
True but thats preatty much saying caps extremly stupid to walk into the traps.  Bucky beat Wolverine and Cap beat bucky.  What Im saying is that an assassin who know his opponent very well still lost to Cap.  Cap is not going to fall for bats.  Past Cap with the sheild would tie with Batman but current Steve would be edged to him since he uses guns now.  Look at the cover for Super-Soldier one. "
Indeed....but i already mention an example that i'm pretty sure will bring down cap...even with his shield....even with weapons...=]
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@daak1212 said:
 current Steve would be edged to him since he uses guns now.  Look at the cover for Super-Soldier one. "
no, Batman faces off against people with guns all the time, including villains who are much better shots the the current Cap and dodges them. Guns won't be a deciding factor.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By daak1212
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @daak1212 said:
 current Steve would be edged to him since he uses guns now.  Look at the cover for Super-Soldier one. "
no, Batman faces off against people with guns all the time, including villains who are much better shots the the current Cap and dodges them. Guns won't be a deciding factor. "

If you say deadshot thats horribly off.  Theres no prep, the deadshot thing was because Batman found out who he was and replaced his bullets with blanks.  Captain is an expert marksman on par with batman or a lil bit above.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ssejllenrad

Could go either way but more on Cap for the first fight and more on Bats on the second fight. 

I pick Cap on the first cause Batman's greatest skill is his ability to manipulate the element of surprise. Plus I don't know any gadget that could compete with Cap's shield. Add to that Rogers' s control over that oversized discus. 

On the other hand, pure h2h would go to bats cause of his experience. Yeah Caps learned virtually all the martial arts in the world but Bruce knows most of the martial arts in the world. The difference? Bruce picked only the best. What's the point of learning all arts if some are just plain bullshido (like Taekwondo... Yeah I said it, TKD sucks as hell and is impractical in real life -I was an upper brown belt TKD practitioner.. hehehe!). Plus Bats learned the arts the hard way... Going round the world training and stuff like that. If you're gonna learn Kickboxing and had the choice of a teacher, would you pick a kickboxing "specialist" that has a calling card, blog, and own dojo in the Bronx or a tried and tested coach of a Muay Thai champion in Lumpinee with knowledge of even the more ancient Muay Boran? Nuff said... 

Just my two pennies (plural of penny you dirty green-minded bastard! hehehe!)....

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By daak1212
@ssejllenrad said:
"Could go either way but more on Cap for the first fight and more on Bats on the second fight.  I pick Cap on the first cause Batman's greatest skill is his ability to manipulate the element of surprise. Plus I don't know any gadget that could compete with Cap's shield. Add to that Rogers' s control over that oversized discus.  On the other hand, pure h2h would go to bats cause of his experience. Yeah Caps learned virtually all the martial arts in the world but Bruce knows most of the martial arts in the world. The difference? Bruce picked only the best. What's the point of learning all arts if some are just plain bullshido (like Taekwondo... Yeah I said it, TKD sucks as hell and is impractical in real life -I was an upper brown belt TKD practitioner.. hehehe!). Plus Bats learned the arts the hard way... Going round the world training and stuff like that. If you're gonna learn Kickboxing and had the choice of a teacher, would you pick a kickboxing "specialist" that has a calling card, blog, and own dojo in the Bronx or a tried and tested coach of a Muay Thai champion in Lumpinee with knowledge of even the more ancient Muay Boran? Nuff said...  Just my two pennies (plural of penny you dirty green-minded bastard! hehehe!).... "

Id still rather know and master all then only a  certain number.  With his mastery cap created his own technique called Shaq-fu...or so I was told.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By spidey 15
@ssejllenrad said:
" Could go either way but more on Cap for the first fight and more on Bats on the second fight.  I pick Cap on the first cause Batman's greatest skill is his ability to manipulate the element of surprise. Plus I don't know any gadget that could compete with Cap's shield. Add to that Rogers' s control over that oversized discus.  On the other hand, pure h2h would go to bats cause of his experience. Yeah Caps learned virtually all the martial arts in the world but Bruce knows most of the martial arts in the world. The difference? Bruce picked only the best. What's the point of learning all arts if some are just plain bullshido (like Taekwondo... Yeah I said it, TKD sucks as hell and is impractical in real life -I was an upper brown belt TKD practitioner.. hehehe!). Plus Bats learned the arts the hard way... Going round the world training and stuff like that. If you're gonna learn Kickboxing and had the choice of a teacher, would you pick a kickboxing "specialist" that has a calling card, blog, and own dojo in the Bronx or a tried and tested coach of a Muay Thai champion in Lumpinee with knowledge of even the more ancient Muay Boran? Nuff said...  Just my two pennies (plural of penny you dirty green-minded bastard! hehehe!).... "
I have to disagree...there is a gadget than can overcome cap's shiled...i've already mentioned it....
As for the second battle....is pretty much more in cap's favor...he is physically better than bats and he has more stamina that will allow him to fight for long....and his strength and speed will help him to take him down...=]
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@daak1212 said:
"
  Captain is an expert marksman on par with batman or a lil bit above. "
No he isn't. Bat's accuracy and reflexes with a Batarang are equal to Cap or more. And Bats has dodged bullets from Deathstroke and armies of goons. He's caught arrows shot at him by the Emerald Archer himself. 

Cap is good but he's not better then Bats.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By vuviper
@daak1212 said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
" @daak1212 said:
no, Batman faces off against people with guns all the time, including villains who are much better shots the the current Cap and dodges them. Guns won't be a deciding factor. "
If you say deadshot thats horribly off.  Theres no prep, the deadshot thing was because Batman found out who he was and replaced his bullets with blanks.  Captain is an expert marksman on par with batman or a lil bit above. "
You make it sound like's he's only fought deadshot once...
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By vuviper
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @daak1212 said:
"
  Captain is an expert marksman on par with batman or a lil bit above. "
No he isn't. Bat's accuracy and reflexes with a Batarang are equal to Cap or more. And Bats has dodged bullets from Deathstroke and armies of goons. He's caught arrows shot at him by the Emerald Archer himself.   Cap is good but he's not better then Bats. "
Present for you\
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FLCL1

cap for the win (btw crossovers dont count)