• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by mikesterman (709 posts) - - Show Bio

i want facts about both of them, i say batman would win but i just saw some incredible thing about cap america adapting to diff fighting styles. i always thought he was just a dumb brute lol. random encounter... batman has smoke pellets- batarangs-bombs (whatever he always has with him. cap has his shield and a handgun of choice. if you are gonna reply come with hardcore facts not batman wins or cap america stomps. i really want to learn about the two and ill come up with the verdict.

#2 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19943 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done before. In before the lock. Batman wins via slight advantage.

#3 Posted by OverLordArhas (7553 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you should remove gasses that affect status in Batman's Utility Belt

#4 Posted by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

in before lock

#5 Posted by mikesterman (709 posts) - - Show Bio

come on i want hardcore facts not "batman wins" i want to know why he wins... or why cap america wins, if you think cap wins

#6 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

cap is slightly enhanced

bats knows 127 comic martial arts

flip a coin 50/50

#7 Posted by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap via slight physical advantage, and superior ranged attacks.

Shield >>>>> Batarangs

#8 Posted by mikesterman (709 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattersuit thats a terrible argument. its not like batman is nothing without the batarangs

#9 Posted by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattersuit thats a terrible argument. its not like batman is nothing without the batarangs

Cap has slightly superior physicals though.

#10 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, as a fan of both characters, both heroes can take a possible majority because they're so similar and evenly-matched. Both fight and think tactically, both heroes are capable of changing with the situation, and the two rely on bare fists and weaponry. Captain America has the slight physical advantage - the Serum grants him physical and mental enhancements, and he's consistently shown to be able to take down superhuman foes. He also has that trusty near-indestructible shield. Batman has the advantage of a wider arsenal, and he arguably has a higher-level of HTH skill due to his years of training under various masters. It could really go either way.

Also, you're a fan of Skillet?

#11 Posted by russellmania77 (14561 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm not allowed to say batman?

#12 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America can run 60 mph and can lift over 800 lbs.

#13 Posted by SlimJ87D (9324 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care what you say in the OP, this has been done to death and can be bumped in one of the threads. There are even blogs on it.

#14 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: did they officially power him up since "Venom?"

#16 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia:

im new to comics so Idk what youre referring to. but somebody showed me a scan of him benching 1000 lbs during a morning workout. so my point is that Cap should be benching at least 1500 if bruce is pushing 1000

#17 Edited by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: way back in the nineties (that sounds wrong), Batman failed to save a little girl because he couldn't move a boulder he estimated to weigh 630 lbs.

#18 Posted by AnyWhichWayButUp (760 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins because he's BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Captain America wins he's Batman with enhanced everything except gadgets. Explosive batarangs won't even leave a smudge on Captain Americas shield. A handgun of choice? Get SHIELDS best handgun to one shot him. Smoke is not going to even damage Cap's field of experience. So Captain wins 8/10 easy.

#19 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

It can be close but Steve Rodgers is the best and most skill street level character. He beats people often way above his level, and mostly doesn't get touched a lot.

#20 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins because he's BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Captain America wins he's Batman with enhanced everything except gadgets. Explosive batarangs won't even leave a smudge on Captain Americas shield. A handgun of choice? Get SHIELDS best handgun to one shot him. Smoke is not going to even damage Cap's field of experience. So Captain wins 8/10 easy.

I disagree. I see a 50/50 split. I don't think cap is as smart as bruce. bruce is probably more skilled than cap though by a small margin, you cant just discount batmans gadgets and play up caps. I mean batman is quick enough to evade the shield and he's dodged point blank gunfire before. that being said cap is his physical superior and he is very close in skill. I don't think either of them win a majority

#22 Edited by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

Have been done

#23 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc

Here's a scan of Cap bench-pressing 1100lbs. It should be noted this is most likely not even his upper limit:

I actually own the issue with that Batman scan - and the weights say '500 lbs', I believe. Now, I have read in another thread where someone did the calculations based on the type of weights drawn and came up with higher than 1000lbs - I'm not saying you're wrong. But I think that Cap's lifting feat is a better showing, since the number is explicitly there, while the Batman one could be artistic license for all we know.

Not that either scan proves that either character wins, but just sayin'.

#24 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, he just has too much tech for cap to handle.

#25 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark:

that's cool. if u read my earlier post iactually responded to @the_last_son_of_czarnia when he said that cp could bench 800. I started the whole thing about batman being able to bench 1000 to say that "if bruce is pushing 1000 then cap should at least be pushing 1500" I wasn't claiming that bruce was stronger. if they faught ten times I think theyd split it.

#26 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc

Yeah I just saw you post that and I remembered this scan. I know you're not claiming Bats is stronger, but that scan came to mind; I just thought I'd share it since you mentioned that Cap should be benching heavier weights.

#27 Posted by mikesterman (709 posts) - - Show Bio

you really cannot discredit batmans arsenal of weapons. cap has a shield... but im pretty sire batmans gatgets can get past it @veshark yeah im a fan of skillet

#28 Posted by The Stegman (23033 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

-Better fighter

-Wider variety of weapons

the physical difference between the two won't make as much of a difference as some think, it's not like Batman's punches won't hurt Cap.

#29 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikesterman Cool. I like Hero, which is saying something because I generally don't like loud rock.

#30 Posted by YoungJustice (6666 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to make a Marvel vs Dc Injustice so everyone can just decide themselves.

#31 Posted by entropy_aegis (14219 posts) - - Show Bio

Shield >>>>> Batarangs

True but sonics,explosives,magnets,knockout gas,bolas,electricity>>>shield.

#32 Edited by cooljammy18 (835 posts) - - Show Bio

I always believe that in a random encounter, Cap should take a slight majority.

#33 Posted by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattersuit said:

Shield >>>>> Batarangs

True but sonics,explosives,magnets,knockout gas,bolas,electricity>>>shield.

All can be blocked by/won't affect the shield.

#34 Posted by God_Spawn (37308 posts) - - Show Bio

The amount of skilled people that have consistently gotten around the shield make me feel like it's losing some of its effectiveness over the years. Not saying it is completely useless, but throwing the shield is a common tactic from Steve and opponents have gotten around it before. It isn't fullproof.

#35 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

-Better fighter

-Wider variety of weapons

the physical difference between the two won't make as much of a difference as some think, it's not like Batman's punches won't hurt Cap.

this

#36 Posted by ThanoStomp (781 posts) - - Show Bio

I always default back to this scan to demonstrate the difference between these two characters. Batman has great agility, strength, etc. This leads to great feats like evading bullets and attacks due to training and great anticipation. Cap can just "see" and react. The super hero serum didn't just give Cap superior strength, speed and agility. It enhanced all of his senses and cognitive functions as well. This scan shows his heightened sight and reaction times, which would require a cognitive enhancement. People who believe the two are equally "peak" are grossly mistaken. There is a significant difference between the two.

#37 Posted by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

I always default back to this scan to demonstrate the difference between these two characters. Batman has great agility, strength, etc. This leads to great feats like evading bullets and attacks due to training and great anticipation. Cap can just "see" and react. The super hero serum didn't just give Cap superior strength, speed and agility. It enhanced all of his senses and cognitive functions as well. This scan shows his heightened sight and reaction times, which would require a cognitive enhancement. People who believe the two are equally "peak" are grossly mistaken. There is a significant difference between the two.

Agreed. Plus as much as the senses and eye to even Mind advantages. Feat for Feat Steve seems to be Batman's superior in physical advantages. Batman peak is a natural one while Steve is a preternatural one. Steve has a set of consistent strength/durability feats that Deathstroke fans wish Slade would have. I also don't see Batman surviving what Remender had current Steve go through.

#38 Posted by mikesterman (709 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark thats even funnier because thats the only song i ever heard from Awake and Alive

#39 Posted by mikesterman (709 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by 14NC3 (1741 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3:

so you think he only put weight on one side? I used logic to conclude that he put at least that much on the other side as well

#42 Posted by 14NC3 (1741 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

ohhh yeahh haha. This is one of my stupid moments. Apologies

#43 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3:

we definitely have all been there lol

#45 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a fan of both. Flip a coin to see who wins.

#46 Edited by nickzambuto (12889 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America is a conundrum. His training is nonexistent, and he has never displayed any advanced knowledge on martial arts or techniques, yet he's consistently said to be one of the best fighters in Marvel. He has the feats, but most of those are him being stated to use skill, yet with no explanation; like when he beat those super soldiers while depowered. The panel states he's one of the most skilled combatants in the world, and he displays that by beating them, but through what means? If that were Batman or Daredevil, he'd be using focused precision strikes against the bodies weak points or something, keeping them off balance so that counter is impossible, etc. Cap meanwhile just sorta did it. This is a problem with many supposedly "skilled" characters.

#47 Posted by entropy_aegis (14219 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3: 500 on one side.

@mattersuit:

The shield will most certainly not help against gas,sonics and magnets,or even electricity as Batman uses tend to use it.

@krauser99: Batman survived the Omega Sanction.

#48 Posted by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattersuit:

The shield will most certainly not help against gas,sonics and magnets,or even electricity as Batman uses tend to use it.

Sonics, the shield's part vibranium

Electricity, it sure as hell can.

Magnets don't affect vibranium.

Gas, Cap can hold his breath for upwards of five minutes, and knockout gas tends to not affect him so much.

#49 Posted by entropy_aegis (14219 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@mattersuit:

Gas, Cap can hold his breath for upwards of five minutes, and knockout gas tends to not affect him so much.

You're under the assumption that Batman is gonna walk up to him and tell him what he's gonna do,he can set off the shock if Cap touches him,how's the shield gonna help there? he has various different types of pellets/capsules,how's Cap gonna know if he has to hold his breath or close his eyes(in case of a flash).Also if he tries to do either it automatically puts him at a disadvantage.

Vibranium may absorb sonics but Batman's sonics are not in the form of projectile attacks and last I checked Cap's ears weren't covered with vibranium.

Also prove that magnetism doesn't work on vibranium.

#50 Posted by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattersuit said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@mattersuit:

You're under the assumption that Batman is gonna walk up to him and tell him what he's gonna do,he can set off the shock if Cap touches him,how's the shield gonna help there? he has various different types of pellets/capsules,how's Cap gonna know if he has to hold his breath or close his eyes(in case of a flash).Also if he tries to do either it automatically puts him at a disadvantage.

Vibranium may absorb sonics but Batman's sonics are not in the form of projectile attacks and last I checked Cap's ears weren't covered with vibranium.

Also prove that magnetism doesn't work on vibranium.

He'd have to be pretty quick to avoid getting his head taken off with a simple shield throw.

Pray tell then how Bats attacks via sonics?