Batman vs Bruce Lee?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who would win in a fight between Batman and Bruce Lee in a fight where Batman is not allowed to wear his bat-suit, no gadgets, no type of technology and no prep-time?

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheIrishDoctor

No bat-gear? I say Bruce Lee. I get that Batman is a fictional character and one of the greatest hand-to-hand combatants in the DC universe, but Bruce Lee, in my opinion, was the best. The best martial artist that we have ever seen on record. Possibly among the best who have ever lived. This really comes down to what you want to think, but in a straight fisticuffs, I place Lee above everyone who is not superhuman in some way. EVERYONE.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you guys have the same pic

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. Compared to Real World Humans...Batman is Superhuman. He is stronger and faster than any real life human could ever hope to be.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Batman. One hit KO.

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hoarderofhilarity

It's understandable that people place Lee on this pedestal but even his master thought that he was a mediocre martial artist and he never competed in an actual professional competition to my knowledge the true legend of Lee comes from his remarkable fitness and the fact he was also a great philosopher. In truth however Lee probably couldn't take on the bulk of UFC fighters in a fight yet all this is redundant as no one ever will be as good as Bruce in real life he can hit Lee before he can react, paralyse him with the lightest touch and kill him with a punch. This is the guy who selectively wiped events from Lois lanes mind with a pressure pint after all.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Veshark

Oh man, I love Lee, but really if Batman was real - most fighters wouldn't come close to Wayne.

Batman dodges bullets with ease, takes down superhuman enemies on a daily basis, and lifts weights beyond standard human endurance. And he does all of this continuously with seemingly little rest. No way any ordinary human can go through all Batman has and still be alive. But alas, such is fiction.

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've...actually got to laugh at that. You sir, don't know Bruce Lee at all. First off, Bruce never entered a tournament because in the 60s tournaments were sort of pathetic. They were either light contact or no contact, sort of like glorified games of tag. Lee never backed down from a fight tough and there are plenty of recorded instances where excellent fighters, martial arts masters and champion fighters, went to him while he was on set of a movie or just in his free time and challenged him to a street fight. He invariably beat the snot out of them without so much as a sweat broken. After he died, several other martial arts tournament fighters (Like Chuck Norris, much as I like the guy most of the time) implied that they could have taken him. Note I said AFTER he died. He was a street fighter, and he fought on the streets with real people, no rules, and real stakes.

Bruce was a bad student or he had a bad teacher? One of his most famous moments is when he fought a martial arts instructor who was complaining about his teaching non-Chinese people. They challenged each other to a fight with the understanding that if Bruce lost, he had to stop doing this. Bruce did not lose. On the contrary, eyewitness accounts invariably say that he beat the tar out of the guy (the fight ended with the other guy running away while Bruce chased after him and continued to wail on him from behind), but he realized that he didn't use almost any of his Wing Chun style that he was taught and was teaching his students, mostly because Wing Chun relies on getting in real close to your opponent, while his opponent used a longer ranged style. Disenfranchised with the idea of strict style adherence he took a sort of a martial arts pilgrimage and started observing and learning as many styles as he could, taking from them what made sense and discarding the things that were just silly tradition. This eventually became Jeet Kune Do, literally "Way of the Intercepting Fist" but often given the nickname "No Style at All".

Some other examples of Lee's prowess? Well, besides the infamous one-inch punch, where a man held a phone-book to his chest, Lee places his hand about three inches away from the phone book (but three inch punch doesn't sound as impressive), and then just sort of juts his hand out. His arm is already nearly fully extended before he even does the punch. The results? The guy who was on the receiving end of the "punch" was flung back into a chair and the chair was toppled over. And guess what else? The guy couldn't preform the demonstration again the next day because his ribs were broken. Lee's strength is darn near super-human. He was known also to be able to kick a 300 pound sandbag into the air. KICK IT INTO THE AIR. I have to struggle to lift 150 pound objects where I work, and that's just lifting them a few inches off the ground. And I lift with both legs.

And as for his punching speed? From a completely relaxed position he could reach a fully extended punch in .05 seconds. That's what he was clocked as. Normal humans can't react that fast. I get that in a fight, against a moving target, that wouldn't happen, but consider that this was from a completely relaxed position. Either way, he was faster than most humans could perceive. I want to say that I heard a story that he met the world fighting champ at the time and demonstrated this speed by doing the punch from a complete standstill. The guy, knowing full well what was coming, tried to block the punch to the face, but couldn't. Bruce simply stopped an inch or so before actually hitting his face, and the champ claimed that he would never actually be able to stop the punch, even if he were anticipating it. BUUUUUT I can't find this info online anywhere so it may very well be an urban legend. Probably is. Whatever.

Bruce Lee accepted everyone who ever challenged him, and he always fought with witnesses. And there is no recorded evidence of anyone ever beating him after he became famous. In fact, there is no recorded evidence that anyone ever landed a hit on him. And he fought people who claimed to be the best. Jackie Chan's brother, who is generally accepted to be JC's equal in Shaolin martial arts, challenged him on the sets of one of his movies. Again, he didn't just lose, he was demolished.

Bruce Lee is one of, if not the, best martial artist who ever lived. Bruce Wayne's feats are superhuman by the world's standards. Lee's skills are superhuman by DC's standards (really light superhuman, but superhuman nonetheless). I'm sorry, but I honestly believe that Bruce Lee could beat anyone alive today, and anyone in fiction who doesn't have some sort of super-power, because frankly no writer would make a guy who was that skilled and then claim that they are not super-human, because no one would believe them.

Cardle_grave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce lee was said he can kill a man with a single punch

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im sorry mr.lee but batman wins cuz he can pretty much do anything in fictional land but in reality lee is the biggest badass in martial arts

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

inchiso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Batman

The comic world - Batman

The real world - Bruce Lee

Bruce lee was said he can kill a man with a single punch

Probably killed a little man, batman said he can kill lee with single punch

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I respect that we may have different sources and don't want to get into an argument about this so I will concur as otherwise I have a feeling this will spam the thread. Yet one completely glaring statement you put out is claiming that Lee is superhuman by DC standards I just want you to think about what you said. You claimed a normal man is a superhuman by comic book standards claiming he was physically beyond what can be attained by humans that doesn't make sense he was very well trained and toned physically but you claim he is SUPERhuman that sir is just plain wrong.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By laflux

@citizenbane said:

Batman. One hit KO.

This. Though you seem to be saying this alot later ;)

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Raw_Material

Batman. He has more strength and acquires multiple martial art skills and an experienced H2H combatant, making him very versatile and unorthodox.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman easily.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Again? Really? Batman wins easily anyway. If you want a better fight:

Bruce Lee vs Night wing

Bruce Lee vs Red Hood

Bruce Lee vs Dare Devil

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hoarderofhilarity: Okay, right. I was being a little dramatic for the sake of dramatics. But given what I just described, Lee's real life feats would probably be considered very low level superhuman by comic standards. Mostly because, as I said, people would call Mary Sue (I know that's not what that means, but it's what people would say) if there wasn't a non-regular human reason for it. But you're right. This is probably a bad idea to continue. I believe what I believe, and part of that is because of what I've been taught. My personal Sifu was Don Inosanto's student. I never got that good, and stopped after only a short while of training, but I know the theory behind it all better than most, and all the research that I've done definitely cements for me my belief that Lee was the best there ever was. Or at least one of. Not a lot of point arguing though. And honestly, trying to ask who would win between a fictional character and a real guy is sort of silly in the long run.

jamesisaacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. Compared to Real World Humans...Batman is Superhuman. He is stronger and faster than any real life human could ever hope to be.

No he's not. Bruce Lee was at his peak, he would smash Bruce Wayne to pieces.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@shawnbaby said:

Think again, read some comics ..... you obviously don't know what you are talking about

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Alexander505

jamesisaacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jamesisaacs

@jamesisaacs said:

@shawnbaby said:

Think again, read some comics ..... you obviously don't know what you are talking about

You think that image wins the debate? You are high....fact is Batman isn't even close to superhuman and Bruce Lee would smash his face in. Lay off the chocolate milk kiddo.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. Easily.

@ancient_0f_days said:

@jamesisaacs said:

@shawnbaby said:

You think that image wins the debate? You are high....fact is Batman isn't even close to superhuman and Bruce Lee would smash his face in. Lay off the chocolate milk kiddo.

Dude, Batman is, in fact, classed as superhuman.

He can lift a ton, has reflexes that allow him to dodge bullets, and can turn trees into splinters and chimney stacks into dust with a single strike.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days said:

@jamesisaacs said:

@shawnbaby said:

WTF???

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL chocolate milk? Really? That's new.... anyway

Can Bruce Lee leg press over a ton? No....

Can Bruce Lee support 1000 lbs of weight and bench that regularly? No...

Can Bruce Lee dodge bullets? Hell No....

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Alexander505

He was able to beat William Cobb (by the way, more faster, stronger than Bruce Lee and with healing factor) despite he was significantly injured by the torture. He was able to beat some criminals enhanced by the Venom, very easily in TDK#1

THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By THC

Strength training and superhuman speed gives Bats a huge edge over Lee, though Lee was superhuman in his own right in both those areas and should be given credit. His feats:

-Side kick 300 lb bags so that they hit the ceiling.

-Perform 50 reps of one-arm chin ups.

-In a speed demonstration, he could snatch a dime off a person's open palm before they could close it, and leave a penny behind.

-Land a punch in around five hundredths of a second from 3 ft, and in around eight hundredths from 5 ft.

However I'd put Lee a lot closer to Bats in skill than strength, possibly even more skilled (not enough to win) - just as other martial artists who Bats has defeated may have been, as they were also probably much physically weaker - my reasoning explained in just a few quotes of his:

"Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it".

"Too much time is given to the development of skill and too little to the development of the individual for participation. ... JKD, ultimately is not a matter of petty techniques but of highly developed spirituality and physique."

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once. But I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

"All types of knowledge, ultimately leads to self knowledge."

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not enough. Recently, in Catwoman # 18, Batman broke a motorcycle helmet. No human being, even the best martial artist in the world, can never have enough strength to do such a thing.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Alexander505

Bruce Lee can do this?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Batman. One hit KO. Might have to hold back for fear of accidentally killing Lee. Flagged for spite.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Is that spider-man profile pic the new default profile pic for comic vine? I've seen a lot of new users using it

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a reason why Batman and Superman wears their underwear inside out and a towel on their back. One day Batman challenged Bruce Lee to a fight and Superman came to help Batman they mad a deal saying the loser would have to wear their underwear inside out and a towel on their back you can see how that fight went. Bruce Lee's presence would kill Batman. Batman could not even breath around Bruce Lee.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is stupid, Batman one shots him with no effort. Guy can dodge bullets, break swords and trees in half with kicks, punch through reinforced glass capable of withstanding missiles, he can move faster than average people can follow, fight would last for 3 seconds max.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is stupid, Batman one shots him with no effort. Guy can dodge bullets, break swords and trees in half with kicks, punch through reinforced glass capable of withstanding missiles, he can move faster than average people can follow, fight would last for 3 seconds max.

Yep

THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By THC

Lee punched rocks 500+ times a day to toughen himself. He would not go down like Guy Gardner.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

This has been done countless times. Please use the search function in the future!