#1 Posted by The God Of Owning (32 posts) - - Show Bio

In Gotham city.this is a fight to the death any opinons on the battle?

#2 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30127 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this was already done before. If I'm wrong, then Blade if Batsy doesn't have prep.

#3 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Blade is way more powerful than Batman. Is there prep time or not?

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#5 Posted by The God Of Owning (32 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"Yeah, Blade is way more powerful than Batman. Is there prep time or not?
"
Sorry forgot to put prep time, yeah Batman has prep time.
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
The God Of Owning said:
"Meteorite said:
"Yeah, Blade is way more powerful than Batman. Is there prep time or not?
"
Sorry forgot to put prep time, yeah Batman has prep time.
"
He doesn't need prep-time.
#7 Posted by The God Of Owning (32 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Batman."
How would batman win? blade is to much for batman.
#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
The God Of Owning said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Batman."
"
Batman would outsmart him like he does everybody....
#9 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"The God Of Owning said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Batman."
"
Batman would outsmart him like he does everybody...."

#11 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Blade"

#12 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman doesn't need to outsmart him, really. I imagine his gadgets would do most of the work for him. A gas pellet or two....

If it was just close quarters combat, it'd be close, and I dunno who I'd choose. Blade is much stronger and faster (I think), but Batman is consistently shown with more martial arts abilities (again, I think).

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"Batman doesn't need to outsmart him, really. I imagine his gadgets would do most of the work for him. A gas pellet or two....

If it was just close quarters combat, it'd be close, and I dunno who I'd choose. Blade is much stronger and faster (I think), but Batman is consistently shown with more martial arts abilities (again, I think)."
Agreed.
#14 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade > Batman

#15 Posted by The_Absolute (892 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade over Bats(w/o Prep) 6/10
Bats (w/ Prep) over Blade 8/10

#16 Posted by NightFang (9858 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins.

#17 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Blade is bringing anything Batman hasn't faced. Manbat maybe be tougher than Blade. And Batman's skill is greater.

Batman ftw!

#18 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade, he has taken down guys tougher than Batman. He has the brains, the skills, the weapons and the will to do it.

#19 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Blade, he has taken down guys tougher than Batman. He has the brains, the skills, the weapons and the will to do it."
Batman has taken down guys tougher than Blade.
#20 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Blade, he has taken down guys tougher than Batman. He has the brains, the skills, the weapons and the will to do it."
Batman has taken down guys tougher than Blade.
"
and vice versa
#21 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
Manbat maybe be tougher than Blade. And Batman's skill is greater.
Manbat is a mindless animal with no gear or skill to speak of.  Blade's physical advantages, coupled with his not inconsiderable skill, give him a real advantage in this fight.
#22 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio
Alexander Anderson said:
"Alpha said:
Manbat maybe be tougher than Blade. And Batman's skill is greater.
Manbat is a mindless animal with no gear or skill to speak of.  Blade's physical advantages, coupled with his not inconsiderable skill, give him a real advantage in this fight.
"
truth
#23 Edited by i_like_swords (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

I just typed an absolute essay of a post containing my opinion on this fight. Unfortunately, the thread got deleted by the time I was done. So, I dug this up, and I'm now posting it here. Enjoy:

Batman vs Blade

I personally have always thought Blade would come out on top in a straight up fight.

I believe he's strong enough to out-muscle Batman and deal with any constraints or traps that are sprung upon him. His heightened senses will allow him to negate Batman's stealth advantage (for example, when he smelled Punisher from a decent distance away. Not to say that Punisher's stealth skill is in any way comparable to Batman's, but it's a decent example nonetheless).

People have been saying that superior speed will allow Blade to win. While it's an advantage on paper, speed is always countered by superior timing, or "skill". Blade's been able to fight and defeat opponents substantially faster than him due to timing/skill, as has Batman. Using either one's feats of defeating faster opponents as a basis for them defeating eachother just doesn't make sense. I mean.. Deathstroke has the timing to tag Flash's, but guys like.. Black Panther or Wolverine would give him the fight of his life, because of their skill level. So I don't see speed as being much of a factor when you're dealing with two guys who can time and counter extremely fast opponents already.

Now, in terms of skill, I'm giving it to Batman. He has more, and better feats of pure fighting/martial arts skill. If you stripped Blade and Batman down to "peak human" physique and told them to fist fight, Batman would win after about 4 minutes of insane action and would definitely leave with his fair share of war wounds. However, martial arts/fighting ability is but one factor in a fight. Someone can be intelligent, adaptable and able to think on their feet, and able to use the environment to their advantage and end up defeating a black belt in karate.

Now, unlike my example above, this is not a straight up equal fight between two peak humans. This is a no-holds-barred, armed, fight between a comic legend and a vampire killing superhuman. So there are other factors that need to be taken into account.

In terms of gear.. I'd say Blade was better off, but I'm definitely not the most knowledgeable on Batman's gear seeing as I only have general knowledge and what I've heard on the vine. Nonetheless, Blade's lethal weaponry (primarily, his sword and daggers [if he still carries them around]), will prove more of an asset than Batmans assortment of gadgets. Batmans knockout gas shouldn't work as far as I know. Any kind of tie-up rope should be breakable for someone as strong as Blade. Batarangs will be useful and could lead to some good openings for attack, but Blades durability and healing should make up for any damage. Not to mention, he's got fast enough reaction time to deal with projectiles much faster. On the flipside, nothing is more difficult to deal with than a superhuman vampire-slicer wielding a massive titanium sword. Simple, but effective, and oh so deadly. One swipe or stab could end it, whereas Batman will need precision combinations to bust through Blade's durability and then somehow his healing factor.

Blade's durability as I said is great. He can deal with impalement pretty well (not that that's a factor). His resistant to blunt force is HUGE. He's survived falls from helicarriers and has detonated bombs inside of buildings, which were deliberately collapsed on him, and walked away like nothing has happened. He should be able to take plenty of Batmans' punches before giving in.

In terms of adaptability, I'm giving it to Batman. He has enough technical skill to get out of even the most perilous situations. Blade has him beat in a lot of areas, but being able to think on your feet and react is not one of them.

Marksmanship is irrelevant since neither one is slow enough to be hit with anything, and Batman has his bulletproof armor.

Morals go to Blade. He wouldn't kill Batman seconds in but as the fight toils on, he will end it if he needs to. Batman as we all know doesn't kill.

Forgot to mention... Blade's obviously got better stamina, which could become a factor should the fight last an absurd amount of time and Batman became tired. Although I doubt this matters too much.

Blade has:

• Strength
  • Gear
  • Durability
  • Morals

Batman has:

• Fighting/marital arts skill
  • Adaptability

Both have:

• Speed

Largely Irrelevant Factors:

• Marksmanship
  • Stamina
  • Stealth or senses

Verdict - Blade

Reasoning - He's strong enough to break out of any constraints. His durability/healing and reaction time can negate most of Batmans gear. He has enough fighting skill not to surpass, but to keep up with Batman, while letting his healing and durability deal with any damage that is inflicted. When it comes down to the bitter end of it all, Blade's more lenient moral code and devastating titanium sword will be the last thing Batman see's before being put down. Blade will then sheath his sword, and limp away to the nearest dumpster to heal for a month.

#24 Posted by patrat18 (8727 posts) - - Show Bio

He gave Batman prep. Batman stomps 10/10.

#25 Posted by i_like_swords (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

Well.. my post applies if we take out the Gotham City/Prep part. If that's the case Batman should indeed win handily.

#26 Posted by CF12793 (2895 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Well said.

I really hope this doesn't start the thread over, though. It was deleted for a reason lol

#27 Posted by i_like_swords (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: I don't think it's a lock for being a mismatch as a lot of people were saying. It's an interesting fight either way. That thread was probably locked because of people arguing. But yeah, just didn't want to waste my post.

#28 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: I don't think it's a lock for being a mismatch as a lot of people were saying. It's an interesting fight either way. That thread was probably locked because of people arguing. But yeah, just didn't want to waste my post.

Good post, nonetheless.

#29 Posted by patrat18 (8727 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

Well.. my post applies if we take out the Gotham City/Prep part. If that's the case Batman should indeed win handily.

Gotham or not, he still stomps.

#30 Posted by Wolverine08 (38522 posts) - - Show Bio

We just had a thread like this. Lol.

#31 Posted by i_like_swords (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@i_like_swords said:

@patrat18 said:

With prep. Depending on what he does with and his knowledge, of course.

#32 Posted by patrat18 (8727 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@i_like_swords said:

@patrat18 said:

With prep. Depending on what he does with and his knowledge, of course.

Yup.

#33 Edited by HumanNumber (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

A well put together case, though I have a couple points I feel needs to be addressed. Blade's gear is great for killing vampires and that's all he's ever needed but to say it's better than Batman's because of it's lethality? Batman carries a very wide variety of equipment including cryobombs, ultrasonics, and most importantly high-explosives. A sword does not constitute better gear than what Batman's belt has pouched.

You said stealth was a non-factor due to Blade's heightened senses but that has not served Batman's enemies any better than it will Blade. Batman has escaped detection from even Superman whose senses are vastly superior to Blades. He's disappeared from people who are actively staring at him. His advantage in stealth should serve him very well if he feels he needs to.

#34 Edited by i_like_swords (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

@humannumber said:

@i_like_swords:

A well put together case, though I have a couple points I feel needs to be addressed. Blade's gear is great for killing vampires and that's all he's ever needed but to say it's better than Batman's because of it's lethality? Batman carries a very wide variety of equipment including cryobombs, ultrasonics, and most importantly high-explosives. A sword does not constitute better gear than what Batman's belt has pouched.

You said stealth was a non-factor due to Blade's heightened senses but that has not served Batman's enemies any better than it will Blade. Batman has escaped detection from even Superman whose senses are vastly superior to Blades. He's disappeared from people who are actively staring at him. His advantage in stealth should serve him very well if he feels he needs to.

Not sure what cyrobombs are, but I can see how ultrasonics could be effective (although not a fight a finisher). Would Batman mutilate Blade with "high-explosives?" I think not.

I had a feeling Batmans feats of hiding from guys like Supes and Martian Manhunter would come up, to which is say nut! Not having it. Impossible. Superman should easily be able to X-Ray Batman, or hear his heartbeat, or move so fast that he clears the area in a second and find Batman. And who has Batman disappeared from in plain sight? If it's someone with senses as good as Blade I'll take the point on board. And even conceding the stealth point.. I can't personally think of a way for Batman to defeat Blade bar getting him on the ground and punching his lights out with all his might. That would be extremely hard to set up and then execute without Blade being able to fight back or outlast him.

#35 Posted by HumanNumber (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

Cryobombs are simply ice grenades, they explode and entrap people in ice. Blade has enhanced durability, an explosive batarang wouldn't necessarily blow his arm off but the concussive force would serve Batman well.

What can i say? Batman is very stealthy, specifically in the case of Superman he has defenses against Superman's x-ray vision and has a device to mask his heartbeat. Superman doesn't always use his speed in comics, because it wouldn't be fun otherwise. Blade only possesses heightened hearing, smell, and sight. None of those has served Superman or anybody else much when it comes to Batman.

He disappeared from the direct sight of a police officer on one occasion. On another occasion Batman was speaking with Azrael, who had someone perched watching, and he disappeared from both of them with neither having any idea where he went or how he left without being noticed. They may not have super-sight or smell-o-vision but it's impressive nonetheless.

Blade's durability is definitely an obstacle but it isn't insurmountable. Blade isn't just going to take Batman's punches like their nothing, especially after being softened up with electric shocks, sonic attacks, and the concussive force from his explosives. Batman just has to utilize his gear and tactical brilliance in order to use what advantages he possesses to overwhelm the advantages that Blade possesses.

#36 Posted by BlackWind (5473 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Just saying, senses aren't irrelevant. Blade once tracked Spitfire across New York. He'd.definitely not get caught bt surprise if Batman tried to sneak up. And Blade is definitely faster. Only advantage Bruce has is home field advantage.

#37 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

I just typed an absolute essay of a post containing my opinion on this fight. Unfortunately, the thread got deleted by the time I was done. So, I dug this up, and I'm now posting it here. Enjoy:

Batman vs Blade

I personally have always thought Blade would come out on top in a straight up fight.

I believe he's strong enough to out-muscle Batman and deal with any constraints or traps that are sprung upon him. His heightened senses will allow him to negate Batman's stealth advantage (for example, when he smelled Punisher from a decent distance away. Not to say that Punisher's stealth skill is in any way comparable to Batman's, but it's a decent example nonetheless).

People have been saying that superior speed will allow Blade to win. While it's an advantage on paper, speed is always countered by superior timing, or "skill". Blade's been able to fight and defeat opponents substantially faster than him due to timing/skill, as has Batman. Using either one's feats of defeating faster opponents as a basis for them defeating eachother just doesn't make sense. I mean.. Deathstroke has the timing to tag Flash's, but guys like.. Black Panther or Wolverine would give him the fight of his life, because of their skill level. So I don't see speed as being much of a factor when you're dealing with two guys who can time and counter extremely fast opponents already.

Now, in terms of skill, I'm giving it to Batman. He has more, and better feats of pure fighting/martial arts skill. If you stripped Blade and Batman down to "peak human" physique and told them to fist fight, Batman would win after about 4 minutes of insane action and would definitely leave with his fair share of war wounds. However, martial arts/fighting ability is but one factor in a fight. Someone can be intelligent, adaptable and able to think on their feet, and able to use the environment to their advantage and end up defeating a black belt in karate.

Now, unlike my example above, this is not a straight up equal fight between two peak humans. This is a no-holds-barred, armed, fight between a comic legend and a vampire killing superhuman. So there are other factors that need to be taken into account.

In terms of gear.. I'd say Blade was better off, but I'm definitely not the most knowledgeable on Batman's gear seeing as I only have general knowledge and what I've heard on the vine. Nonetheless, Blade's lethal weaponry (primarily, his sword and daggers [if he still carries them around]), will prove more of an asset than Batmans assortment of gadgets. Batmans knockout gas shouldn't work as far as I know. Any kind of tie-up rope should be breakable for someone as strong as Blade. Batarangs will be useful and could lead to some good openings for attack, but Blades durability and healing should make up for any damage. Not to mention, he's got fast enough reaction time to deal with projectiles much faster. On the flipside, nothing is more difficult to deal with than a superhuman vampire-slicer wielding a massive titanium sword. Simple, but effective, and oh so deadly. One swipe or stab could end it, whereas Batman will need precision combinations to bust through Blade's durability and then somehow his healing factor.

Blade's durability as I said is great. He can deal with impalement pretty well (not that that's a factor). His resistant to blunt force is HUGE. He's survived falls from helicarriers and has detonated bombs inside of buildings, which were deliberately collapsed on him, and walked away like nothing has happened. He should be able to take plenty of Batmans' punches before giving in.

In terms of adaptability, I'm giving it to Batman. He has enough technical skill to get out of even the most perilous situations. Blade has him beat in a lot of areas, but being able to think on your feet and react is not one of them.

Marksmanship is irrelevant since neither one is slow enough to be hit with anything, and Batman has his bulletproof armor.

Morals go to Blade. He wouldn't kill Batman seconds in but as the fight toils on, he will end it if he needs to. Batman as we all know doesn't kill.

Forgot to mention... Blade's obviously got better stamina, which could become a factor should the fight last an absurd amount of time and Batman became tired. Although I doubt this matters too much.

Blade has:

• Strength
  • Gear
  • Durability
  • Morals

Batman has:

• Fighting/marital arts skill
  • Adaptability

Both have:

• Speed

Largely Irrelevant Factors:

• Marksmanship
  • Stamina
  • Stealth or senses

Verdict - Blade

Reasoning - He's strong enough to break out of any constraints. His durability/healing and reaction time can negate most of Batmans gear. He has enough fighting skill not to surpass, but to keep up with Batman, while letting his healing and durability deal with any damage that is inflicted. When it comes down to the bitter end of it all, Blade's more lenient moral code and devastating titanium sword will be the last thing Batman see's before being put down. Blade will then sheath his sword, and limp away to the nearest dumpster to heal for a month.

I have to say, I cant really argue this. It's very thorough and well thought all. I'll give blade a solid 7/10 based on this.

#38 Edited by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

Just to be clear, the tech that allowed Batman to snoop around passed Superman and Martian Manhunter, etc. isnt standard gear for him.

#39 Edited by i_like_swords (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Just saying, senses aren't irrelevant. Blade once tracked Spitfire across New York. He'd.definitely not get caught bt surprise if Batman tried to sneak up. And Blade is definitely faster. Only advantage Bruce has is home field advantage.

Senses are irrelevant because Blade isn't getting the jump on Batman and visa versa. And I mentioned that Blade is faster but it's irrelevant because both Batman and Blade can react to opponents faster than eachother. So despite Blade being faster, Batman can react to him and visa versa.

Bruce has the advantages of superior fighting skill and adaptability (and in this case, home advantage, but I'm speaking generally, not really about this thread). However, it's not really enough.

#40 Posted by TFAN (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#41 Posted by fatotter (1 posts) - - Show Bio

With Prep