#1 Posted by WillPayton (8409 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan's movie Batman vs Avengers movie Black Widow

.....VS.....

Random encounter, both with standard equipment, bloodlusted, to the death.

Fight takes place in an abandoned factory building. They start 10m apart within sight of each other.

#2 Posted by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually inclined to give this one to Black Widow.

Staff
#3 Posted by God_Spawn (35982 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

As am I. I was insanely impressed by her in the movie. Can't really be surprised when Whedon was writing it though.

#4 Posted by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

Natasha wins. Nolan Bats is severely lacking in significant combat feats, and his detective capabilities seems to be downplayed. Whereas Natasha was almost effortlessly handling Hawkeye, as well as displaying above-average proficiency with her guns. She also has her shock gauntlets, since this is standard gear. I don't see Batman winning here.

#5 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

I concur.
#6 Posted by WillPayton (8409 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Natasha wins. Nolan Bats is severely lacking in significant combat feats, and his detective capabilities seems to be downplayed. Whereas Natasha was almost effortlessly handling Hawkeye, as well as displaying above-average proficiency with her guns. She also has her shock gauntlets, since this is standard gear. I don't see Batman winning here.

To be fair, movie Batman didnt get into that many h2h fights because he used stealth to gain the advantage and take out enemies quickly. In other words, he was being smart. And his ability to make himself invisible (so to speak) was actually pretty impressive after he got his ninja training. And even before he had the combat training he was able to defeat like 6 thugs all at once with little-mid difficulty. Also, lets not forget he comes in with the armor/equipment advantage.

#7 Edited by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

To be fair, movie Batman didnt get into that many h2h fights because he used stealth to gain the advantage and take out enemies quickly. In other words, he was being smart. And his ability to make himself invisible (so to speak) was actually pretty impressive after he got his ninja training. And even before he had the combat training he was able to defeat like 6 thugs all at once with little-mid difficulty. Also, lets not forget he comes in with the armor/equipment advantage.

In retrospect, the guns are a bit useless because of the armor. I don't see Natasha getting snuck up on so easily when she displayed a fairly decent ability at sneaking up on people herself. If she gets close, she's going to wreck him in H2H. I stand by my previous position. I firmly believe that Natasha can quickly close the distance and destroy Bruce in H2H.

#8 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow wins, she cleaned house in Iron Man 2, and owned Hawkeye in The Avengers.

#9 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2779 posts) - - Show Bio

black widow easily...

#10 Posted by WillPayton (8409 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@WillPayton said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

And not to be an a-hole, but almost none of that makes a difference. I don't see Natasha getting snuck up on so easily when she displayed a fairly decent ability at sneaking up on people herself, so all she has to do here is get in close or spot Batman from a distance. If she gets close, she's going to wreck him in H2H. The guns may be a bit useless unless she can hit him at the right angle in the uncovered portion of his face, but she doesn't have to rely on those. I stand by my previous position. I firmly believe that Natasha can quickly close the distance and destroy Bruce in H2H.

I'm not denying that she was impressive in the movie. I really liked her. But, if the effectiveness of the guns are reduced by the armor of Batman, then she first has to close the distance. Batman has many options at this point. He can use stealth and try to hide and attack her at range from a safe distance. Or, he can just attack her as she's closing the distance with batarangs, possibly knockout gas, or other items from his utility belt.

#11 Posted by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@WillPayton said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

And not to be an a-hole, but almost none of that makes a difference. I don't see Natasha getting snuck up on so easily when she displayed a fairly decent ability at sneaking up on people herself, so all she has to do here is get in close or spot Batman from a distance. If she gets close, she's going to wreck him in H2H. The guns may be a bit useless unless she can hit him at the right angle in the uncovered portion of his face, but she doesn't have to rely on those. I stand by my previous position. I firmly believe that Natasha can quickly close the distance and destroy Bruce in H2H.

I'm not denying that she was impressive in the movie. I really liked her. But, if the effectiveness of the guns are reduced by the armor of Batman, then she first has to close the distance. Batman has many options at this point. He can use stealth and try to hide and attack her at range from a safe distance. Or, he can just attack her as she's closing the distance with batarangs, possibly knockout gas, or other items from his utility belt.

This assumes that Bruce will be able to hit her with it. Which, to my memory, he did not display as high of a proficiency with his gadgets in the Nolan films as he did in the comics. Natasha, on the other hand, has displayed a great aptitude in acrobatics and agility, especially in the middle of a fight. Two prime examples come to mind; the scene in iron man where she devastates the guards in the corridor, and her fight with Hawkeye in Avengers. During both she proved herself to be proficient at dodging attacks, and those were at close range. Something tells me that she'll be able to easily dodge his gadgets from a distance of 30 feet, thus allowing her to still close the distance, and take the win.

#12 Posted by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

Widow wins. At 10 feet apart no one is sneaking up on anyone, and Widow could most definately shoot Bats in the exposed part of Bats' face, or close the gap and engage in H2H which she dominates Bats in, IMO

#13 Posted by WillPayton (8409 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

Widow wins. At 10 feet apart no one is sneaking up on anyone, and Widow could most definately shoot Bats in the exposed part of Bats' face, or close the gap and engage in H2H which she dominates Bats in, IMO

I guess it's good for Batman they're not 10 feet apart then.

#14 Posted by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

It's actually closer to 30, since it's 10 meters. And her best bet is take him out with H2H. The face-shot would disorient him, but might waste time better spent getting close.

#15 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with BW as well

#16 Posted by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@tg1982 said:

I guess it's good for Batman they're not 10 feet apart then.

20 extra feet doesn't make much difference, really.

#17 Posted by The Stegman (20734 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think Movie Batman is still a better fighter than movie Widow, however I'm giving it to Widow simply because she's more flexible and faster, that Batsuit heavily impedes Bruce's maneuverability...that and he can't turn his head.

#18 Posted by atmosfear (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow defiantly wins

#19 Posted by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton: @ZombieBigfoot: I meant 10m not feet, just made a typo, and at 10m I still stand by my original post. at 10m Widow could easily close the gap and engage in H2H and win.

#20 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

I actually think Movie Batman is still a better fighter than movie Widow, however I'm giving it to Widow simply because she's more flexible and faster, that Batsuit heavily impedes Bruce's maneuverability...that and he can't turn his head.

Why do you think Movie Bruce is better?

#21 Posted by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@The Stegman said:

I actually think Movie Batman is still a better fighter than movie Widow, however I'm giving it to Widow simply because she's more flexible and faster, that Batsuit heavily impedes Bruce's maneuverability...that and he can't turn his head.

Curious to know this as well. Like, not even being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious.

#22 Edited by The Stegman (20734 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZombieBigfoot:  

@HBKTimHBK said:

@The Stegman said:

Curious to know this as well. Like, not even being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious. 

Being able to fight on par with Ra's Al Ghul, at the end of Batman Begins despite the fact that he couldn't do it at the beginning of the film, . beating the Faux Ra's Al Ghul, who himself was a very good fighter, in a sword fight, taking on gangsters and mobsters easily and making himself "disappear" due to stealth. fighting the ninjas during training in the mountains and holding his own, not to mention he's physically stronger, being able to pull Ra's who had to way at least 200lbs up from a cliff with one arm  and  being able to completely crush a moving van by landing on it..although some would say that was the suit doing the bulk of the work   Here shows him beating the Joker's men
  And here him taking on the Joker's men again as well as a SWAT Team. 

#23 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2779 posts) - - Show Bio

nolans batman isnt very impressive...

and she has even better feats in the avengers..

#24 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by The Stegman (20734 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK:  

That was jut awesome, I loved that part in the movie..but Batman beats highly trained ninjas 

#26 Posted by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: I don't think anyone is saying that "Nolan" Batman isn't good at H2H just that "Movie" Widow is just better.

#27 Posted by Erik (29813 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

Batman's first version of the armor could not handle a straight shot with a gun. The second one could but only in certain, vital areas. This would only be a problem for Widow if she had a tendency to fire only once instead of unloading entire clips of accurate shots in moments. Movie Batman's projectiles are no more of a threat than Hawkeye's, probably less so actually and her fight with him led heavily to the notion that he was outmatched.

And if nothing else, she has just as many fancy toys as he does in the movie so Batman gains nothing by forcing her to close the gap.

#28 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1060 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Batman wasn't impressive. I might be one of the few that could care less for them. They were lacking heavily in feats, especially those displayed in the comics. Movie Batman has nothing on Black Widow. Batman might be good at sneaking up on normal humans, but Natasha snuck up on a God (to which he states, "Not many are able to," or, "Very few can," I think.) That being said, Black Widow also showed greater hand-to-hand combat, scenes worth noting are her moves during Iron Man 2 (against the guards) and the Ch'tari (spelling?) infantry at the end of Avengers. Batman should have the advantage in tech and perhaps weapons, but there isn't much he could do to prevent Natasha from decking him one across the temple. Plus, she's hotter. Most of this was already stated.

#29 Edited by Erik (29813 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Being able to fight on par with Ra's Al Ghul, at the end of Batman Begins despite the fact that he couldn't do it at the beginning of the film, . beating the Faux Ra's Al Ghul, who himself was a very good fighter, in a sword fight, taking on gangsters and mobsters easily and making himself "disappear" due to stealth. fighting the ninjas during training in the mountains and holding his own, not to mention he's physically stronger, being able to pull Ra's who had to way at least 200lbs up from a cliff with one arm and being able to completely crush a moving van by landing on it..although some would say that was the suit doing the bulk of the work Here shows him beating the Joker's men And here him taking on the Joker's men again as well as a SWAT Team.

We must have watched a different film because Ra's still conformably owned Batman at the end of Begins and even stated how predictable Batman's moves were. Batman was beaten and the only reason he did not die was because of Ra's' need to taunt. Once he realized Batman's plans, he was distracted and Batman escaped. He was nowhere near outfighting Ra's.

#30 Posted by Duncan (11326 posts) - - Show Bio

Widow

#31 Posted by livinghorror (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow for me

#32 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Widow

#33 Posted by Fresh Prince (4939 posts) - - Show Bio
@livinghorror said:

Black Widow for me

#34 Posted by Bo88gdan (4374 posts) - - Show Bio

BLack Widow

#35 Posted by beatboks1 (6375 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow takes this easily. her feats in IM2 alone were enough to show her to be a superior H2H combatant to movie Bat's (not to mention as good an array of gadgets). With the feats also in Avengers she's leagues above the best feats of Nolan's batman.

#36 Posted by Billy Batson (56919 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow
BB

#37 Edited by Picard (972 posts) - - Show Bio

I laugh when I read that Nolan's Batman is not impressive. This is most impresive movie Batman today. Even before his training with League of Shawods he took out 6 guys - one much biger than him - in docks he jumped into the middle of a large group of armed thugs and took them out in less than a minute, defeated four ninjas during Narrows incident, beating up armed SWAT officers in full SWAT gear... What Black Widow did is impressive but it is not pure hand to hand - she used smoke bombs, she electrocuted her opponents, she used fibre wire, pepper spray etc. and people she fought have no skills of ninjas or SWAT officers. And why she is better fighter than Bruce? Because she is jumping around and he isn't? This isn't a who's fights were better choreographed contest. It's who's the better fighter. Not to mention Keysi fighting style than Bruce uses maybe less graceful but it is more brutal, extremely efficient, every part of your body becomes a weapon - like Ras said: "You're skilled. But this is not a dance" :

And Batman is far stronger, have body armour that protect him from injuries, and he have some cool gagates to. All things consider I think that Batman should win this fight.

#38 Posted by beatboks1 (6375 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

I laugh when I read that Nolan's Batman is not impressive. This is most impresive movie Batman today. Even before his training with League of Shawods he took out 6 guys - one much biger than him - in docks he jumped into the middle of a large group of armed thugs and took them out in less than a minute, defeated four ninjas during Narrows incident, beating up armed SWAT officers in full SWAT gear... What Black Widow did is impressive but it is not pure hand to hand - she used smoke bombs, she electrocuted her opponents, she used fibre wire, pepper spray etc. and people she fought have no skills of ninjas or SWAT officers. And why she is better fighter than Bruce? Because she is jumping around and he isn't? This isn't a who's fights were better choreographed contest. It's who's the better fighter. Not to mention Keysi fighting style than Bruce uses maybe less graceful but it is more brutal, extremely efficient, every part of your body becomes a weapon - like Ras said: "You're skilled. But this is not a dance" :

And Batman is far stronger, have body armour that protect him from injuries, and he have some cool gagates to. All things consider I think that Batman should win this fight.

1. No one said that Nolan's Batman wasn't impressive. They have simply said that Widow has shown more skill, which she has. Several of her fights in avengers were not using gadgets or weapons and were in fact. None of those feats mentioned are even close to fighting much larger numbers of enhanced aliens. She came off looking as good as Captain America. As for those she fought having no skills, in Avengers she fought Shield agents (not to mention Hawkeye) and ex KGB. (that's where almost all Russian mafia come from). In many of these fight scenes she disarmed her enemies and used their own weapons against them.

2. As for the choreographed fight routine, Bruce's fights looked choreographed where Widow's didn't because her fight scenes were more free flowing. Look closer at the fight scenes. The pausing in the moves of batman on screen look like the pauses of a novice who is planning his next move. The actual actions are TOO kata like (as in the precise discipline of the style). this is what a fighter coming up the ranks fights like. One who has achieved higher rankings has a more a more adaptive and less formal move. They have the confidence they know how to for form a strike or counter and don't need to make it perfect to work, they can adapt one type of blow into another as the need arises in battle.

3.In most open area battles speed and agility are a hell of a lot more useful than actual strength. All the strength in the world will do you know good if you can't actually connect a blow to a smaller faster wiry and agile opponent who dodges you all day long winding you draining your reserves. The added weight of armor can also be a hindrance in this instance. a) because it doesn't offer much protection against blunt force trauma ( a blow to an armored vital area will still do close to the same damage because the armor adds to the blow) and b) it further slows you down. the only thing the armor is good for is protecting against projectile weapons. In this a H2H fight it would be useless.

#39 Posted by Strider92 (15259 posts) - - Show Bio

leaning toward Black Widow

#40 Edited by Picard (972 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: OK, you make some good points but... 1) When she fought alien warriors - most of times - she used her guns, and no she wasn't equally effective as Captain America. What's more important we don't know anything about those aliens, we don't know what fighting skills they have, how strong, and smart they are etc. all we know that they have futuristic weapons and that there was a lot of them. Russian mafia guys - you only assume that this were former KGB agents, and there was only two of them, theird was some old grandpa. Is not equally impressive as beating up multiple ninjas, armed SWAT officers in full gear - simultaneously saving hostages and beating up Joker's goons - or even knocking down a large group of armored thugs in less than a minute. Yes, Widow was fighting Hawkeye and Shield agents but all of them were mind controlled by Loki, so they weren't themselves.

2) I already said that is not about choreography. I only said that there is no proof that jumping around method is better than Keisy method. ;) As Ras said: "You're skilled. But this is not a dance". Fighting is not a dance. She never fought someone who used Keisy style. Batman wouldn't just stand there like those doofuses from "Iron man 2", and try to punch her with simplistic moves- as I mentioned before, every part of his body is a weapon. Maybe if she keep him at distance... but in close quarters he wolud win. Also Batman wouldn't be knocked unconscious by single kick, punch or throw because of body armour.

3) OK, now you are just kidding me. If something is strong and resilient enough to stop metal bullet flying with high velocity or a knife - "Lucius Fox: This sucker will stop a knife" - then is also strong enough to protect someone from punches and kicks. Also we saw Bruce taking a lot blunt force trauma in the movies: in Begins he jumped out from few storey building on a car and he was fine, in TDK he jumped from considerable highs on top of Scarecrow's van with enough force to destroy top of the car - again no injuries, he jumped with adult woman in his arms, from skyscraper again with enough force to destroy top of the car and suffered no injuries, he took a fall that killed Harvey Dent and he was OK afterwards. What make you think that Widow can even hurt this guy?

#41 Edited by WillPayton (8409 posts) - - Show Bio

I was completely undecided when I created the fight, but now I'm leaning towards Batman. I think the starting distance gives him the chance to try different tactics including trying to hide and use his stealth, or attack BW with some gadgets as she closes the distance. I'm sure he's got some flashbangs, smoke, knockout gas, or some other type of incapacitating device he can use, not to mention batarangs, and other stuff. In close h2h he has the advantage in strength and durability, plus the armor will help a lot (will reduce his mobility, but help to tank hits). Also I think they're comparable in h2h skills. BW showed great skills, but so did Batman taking out multiple trained ninjas and SWAT team members. Also, even though both are highly intelligent, I give the versatility advantage to Bruce, against because of the utility belt and suit.

I think Batman wins (6/10), but in a really good fight.

#42 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

If Batman were to take off his armor, then he could easily disarm and defeat Widow. With the armor, his moves are too slow and telegraphed. Widow wins 7 times out of 10.

#43 Posted by Picard (972 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton: I agree wtih you. Only one thing: armour don't slow him all that much because he knocked down multiple goons in the docks, under one minute. I never saw Widow doing such a thing

#44 Edited by Erik (29813 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

@WillPayton: Blah blah blah... armour don't slow him all that much because blah blah blah...

Not true in the slightest. He even mentions that it severely hinders his movement in TDK.

I never saw Widow doing such a thing

Because you slept through IM2 and Avengers.

#45 Posted by WillPayton (8409 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

@WillPayton: I agree wtih you. Only one thing: armour don't slow him all that much because he knocked down multiple goons in the docks, under one minute. I never saw Widow doing such a thing

The armor must slow him down, there's no way of getting around it. It's too bulky and stiff in places, which is needed to allow it to protect from knives and bullets. Even if only by a small amount, it still slows him from his peak without it. The fact that he can still easily beat multiple trained fighters with it on just shows how great he is. In the end though, I think the effects of the armor are a wash. It will slow him down, but it protects from the knives and guns BW will be using, and it also has offensive capabilities like the blades on the forearms. If they were both fighting h2h with no weapons or equipment I think Bruce would win.

So like I said, I think the edge goes to Bruce, because of his stealth and versatility of his equipment, which he can utilize as they close from the starting 10m distance.

#46 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard: @WillPayton: face it people. movie batman isnt comics batman. black widow mops the floor with him and his stupid voice. and yes if you are wondering i do not consider nolans batman movies that good. they appear awesome after soo many batnipples and no turning heads while wearing armor. they are just an ok representation of batman. imho, and i know im gonna get heat for this, but i think batman didnt really play a major role in these movies: 1st movie rash al ghoul was the man and in second joker. batman was just sort of there.

#47 Posted by Picard (972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@Picard said:

@WillPayton: Blah blah blah... armour don't slow him all that much because blah blah blah...

Not true in the slightest. He even mentions that it severely hinders his movement in TDK.

I never saw Widow doing such a thing

Because you slept through IM2 and Avengers.

Again he took down a large group of opponents in less than a minute, I see how much this armour was slowing him down, plus this was first version of the suit. And again I saw what happened in both Iron man 2 and in the Avengers - in both movies Widow, was fighting mainly with weapons - guns, teasers, smoke bombs, fibre wires, pepper spray. And again you didn't proven that her fighting style is better than Keisy fight method or that she can even hurt him in this batsuit.

#48 Posted by Chaos Burn (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

Whether Batmans armor slows him down or not, Black Widow clearly is quicker H2H

#49 Posted by Erik (29813 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

Again he took down a large group of opponents in less than a minute, I see how much this armour was slowing him down, plus this was first version of the suit. And again I saw what happened in both Iron man 2 and in the Avengers - in both movies Widow, was fighting mainly with weapons - guns, teasers, smoke bombs, fibre wires, pepper spray. And again you didn't proven that her fighting style is better than Keisy fight method or that she can even hurt him in this batsuit.

• If Batman did not have his suit, he would have been dead on his very first adventure. What he would gain in speed, he would lose in life.
  • Ah.... no, she really was not. You really need to watch these movies again.
  • I do not need to prove which fighting style is better because there really is no way to do that for any fighting style at all.
  • I can however prove that she can hurt him in his suit because regular thugs put massive hurts on him even in his suit. We see this in both BB and TDK and we will see this in TDKR.
#50 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1390 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie blackwidow wins, batman beat up some bums and a joker who didn't know how to fight, Widow took down numbers of alien warriors, survived a hulk rage and brought Hawkeye to his knees. all without having to change her voice all scruffy to sound tough