Batman vs Black Widow handicap match

• 57 results
ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Something that came up in another thread: Batman can obviously beat Black Widow but can he do it in one shot?

Hand to Hand Combat

No batsuit

Random encounter

Both are in character/morals on

Batman can only attack once. If Black Widow is not KO'd or incapacitated she wins. She is allowed to defend herself by any means she chooses (within character).

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More than likely.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Put him in a wheelchair on top of this and then we'll have a fight.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

LMFAO!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He one shorted deathstroke so he can one shot widow

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. Well said.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

With a kick while he wasn't looking. Hardly counts considering Slade has proven to be better in every other encounter.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@jayc1324 said:

With a kick while he wasn't looking. Hardly counts considering Slade has proven to be better in every other encounter.

I believe that was sarcasm.

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Widow won't be KO'ed .....
..... 7/10
Black Widow wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: It does count. It proves he is strong enough to one shot someone with enhanced durability. I know batman lost to him before but he also one shotted him. And I don't have the scan handy but I don't remember if Slade actually wasn't looking. If I remember correctly he was talking to batman when it happened but I don't know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: ^that was supposed to be to you too

mikejayy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i must say black widow

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@nickzambuto: It does count. It proves he is strong enough to one shot someone with enhanced durability. I know batman lost to him before but he also one shotted him. And I don't have the scan handy but I don't remember if Slade actually wasn't looking. If I remember correctly he was talking to batman when it happened but I don't know.

No he wasn't talking to him. Deathstorke was talking to his alternate universe counter part, and batman came up from behind and hit him in the back of the head (a spot which can actually kill if it is stricken if I am not mistaken). It was a total cheap shot by surprise. It doesn't count because the human body can take a lot more when it is prepared to be hit.

Batman isn't capable of one shooting deathstroke if he knows its coming.

@jashro44 said:

@jayc1324 said:

I believe that was sarcasm.

I've seen lots of people bring it up to defend batman in the past and count it as a win for some reason. I don't know why.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Bruce one shots her.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is Widow's best hand to hand feat anyways?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By Erik

Losing to Bucky.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@wolverine08 said:

Losing to Bucky.

Impressive indeed!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@wolverine08: Bucky's pretty good, actually.

Regardless, Bruce nerve strikes her.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Erik

Come on everyone. Obviously Batman isn't going to beat her in one strike. I swear, you guys sometimes punch my soul with your answers.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is capable of doing it. Asking whether he'll do it or not is a completely different question.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Oh I know Bucky's pretty good, it's just that Widow sucks overall.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is capable of doing it. Asking whether he'll do it or not is a completely different question.

Yeah sure, if she's asleep when he does it. He only is allowed one attack. ONE. And she is allowed to block, counter, and/or dodge.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@erik said:

Come on everyone. Obviously Batman isn't going to beat her in one strike. I swear, you guys sometimes punch my soul with your answers.

DD did it though,if Batman knows he's only allowed one strike then he's gonna make it count.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

DD did it though,if Batman knows he's only allowed one strike then he's gonna make it count.

LOL, he did? Where?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Erik

@erik said:

When did DD do it? The only time I can think of was when she didn't know she was going to be hit.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Super_Buck

@erik said:

@super_buck said:

Yeah sure, if she's asleep when he does it. He only is allowed one attack. ONE. And she is allowed to block, counter, and/or dodge.

And? She ain't even that good. Bruce is faster, stronger and far more skilled than her. What if Bruce uses a grapple technique? That's one move. She is powerless to stop him.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Erik

@super_buck said:

@erik said:

@super_buck said:

And? She ain't even that good. Bruce is faster, stronger and far more skilled than her. What if Bruce uses a grapple technique? That's one move. She is powerless to stop him.

Not that good? Well that's probably one of the most ignorant things I have read today. Congrats on proving that your experience with Black Widow is limited to the movies. You're awesome. Batman is far more skilled than BW. That was never in question. But he isn't hitting just anyone. He is trying to attack a noteworthy fighter who's been training the better part of 80 years and has feats like stalemating the best assassin in the Marvel U while BW was critically injured, easily defeating the Russian Captain America counterpart, without even looking she even beat the birds out of a bloodlusted Mockingbird.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@erik said:

When did DD do it? The only time I can think of was when she didn't know she was going to be hit.

It was still a single hit though,someone on her level should be able to withstand a punch.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@erik said:

It was still a single hit though,someone on her level should be able to withstand a punch.

Anyone can be taken by surprise. Even Batman. If we are thinking of the same feat, it is 100% irrelevant to the thread.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@super_buck said:

@erik said:

@super_buck said:

Not that good? Well that's probably one of the most ignorant things I have read today. Congrats on proving that your experience with Black Widow is limited to the movies. You're awesome. Batman is far more skilled than BW. That was never in question. But he isn't hitting just anyone. He is trying to attack a noteworthy fighter who's been training the better part of 80 years.

You're right. I may lack knowledge on Widow, she ain't even worth my money. But seriously, a noteworthy fighter? What has she done that makes her noteworthy? Training 80 years? Heard of Ra's Al Ghul who has been training for centuries?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@super_buck said:

@erik said:

@super_buck said:

Not that good? Well that's probably one of the most ignorant things I have read today. Congrats on proving that your experience with Black Widow is limited to the movies. You're awesome. Batman is far more skilled than BW. That was never in question. But he isn't hitting just anyone. He is trying to attack a noteworthy fighter who's been training the better part of 80 years.

You're right. I may lack knowledge on Widow, she ain't even worth my money. But seriously, a noteworthy fighter? What has she done that makes her noteworthy? Training 80 years? Heard of Ra's Al Ghul who has been training for centuries?

I edited it to answer that very question, because I was certain you were going to reply with something along these lines. And yes, I've heard of Ra's. I've also heard about how aside from his skill with a blade, he is not known for any spectacular fighting ability.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Neither is Widow though.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's incorrect. Ignorance of a character is not grounds to claim that she is not known for something.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@entropy_aegis said:

That's incorrect. Ignorance of a character is not grounds to claim that she is not known for something.

Okay I'll concede to ignorance,even though I have tried to as much of Bucky as possible(which by extension implies some knowledge of Widow).So what's she done?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@erik said:

LOL, he did? Where?

No Caption Provided

She tried to kick him first,so I honestly dont understand the part where she's supposed to be surprised.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@erik said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Okay I'll concede to ignorance,even though I have tried to as much of Bucky as possible(which by extension implies some knowledge of Widow).So what's she done?

As stated above, she has stalemated Elektra (who is very much known for her fighting ability) while BW was critically injured and she casually beat a bloodlusted Mockingbird (another known for her exceptional talent in combat). It just so happens that BW is just not as good as Daredevil or Bucky, characters that she is known to have lost to. That would matter more if this were a battle without handicap but it's not. You are literally sitting here trying to tell me that Batman is going to oneshot a talented fighter that knows the attack is coming, and is allowed to block, dodge, or evade.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wolverine008
Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Super_Buck

@erik: Marvel's best assassin is fairly vague. Batman has put the hurt on Deathstroke and at best stalemated Shiva who both are DC's best assassins. Batman has also owned David Cain IIRC who was the one who trained DC's best assassin's.

EDIT: Thought it was Elektra. She doesn't hold a candle to DC's best.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@erik said:

@entropy_aegis said:

As stated above, she has stalemated Elektra (who is very much known for her fighting ability) while BW was critically injured and she casually beat a bloodlusted Mockingbird (another known for her exceptional talent in combat). It just so happens that BW is just not as good as Daredevil or Bucky, characters that she is known to have lost to. That would matter more if this were a battle without handicap but it's not. You are literally sitting here trying to tell me that Batman is going to oneshot a talented fighter that knows the attack is coming, and is allowed to block, dodge, or evade.

Thing is Batman KNOWS he's allowed only one hit,considering he's smarter,faster,stronger,more skilled etc he should be able to land that critical strike.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_buck said:

@erik: Marvel's best assassin is fairly vague. Batman has put the hurt on Deathstroke and at best stalemated Shiva who both are DC's best assassins. Batman has also owned David Cain IIRC who was the one who trained DC's best assassin's.

Congratulations. You have proven that Batman would beat Black Widow and/or Elektra in a fight without handicap. Unfortunately, no one here is trying to say otherwise.

Thing is Batman KNOWS he's allowed only one hit,considering he's smarter,faster,stronger,more skilled etc he should be able to land that critical strike.

He is not exceptionally stronger or faster. BW is peak human via Russian Super Soldier serum. Any physical advantages he holds are likely as comparable as a man typically is to a woman when both are highly trained. Which means he shouldn't be able to defeat her in one attack. He might hurt her, but defeat her? I think that's unlikely.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By entropy_aegis

@erik said:

@super_buck said:

Congratulations. You have proven that Batman would beat Black Widow and/or Elektra in a fight without handicap. Unfortunately, no one here is trying to say otherwise.

@entropy_aegis said:

He is not exceptionally stronger or faster. BW is peak human via Russian Super Soldier serum. Any physical advantages he holds are likely as comparable as a man typically is to a woman when both are highly trained. Which means he shouldn't be able to defeat her in one attack. He might hurt her, but defeat her? I think that's unlikely.

I'd like to believe you but can you show some proof of Widow having peak human strength and speed?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Erik

@entropy_aegis said:

@erik said:

@super_buck said:

@entropy_aegis said:

I'd like to believe you but can you show some proof of Widow having peak human strength and speed?

Not an easy thing to do for a background character. Especially when the peak human Russian Super Soldier serum is a fairly recent retcon. I can only refer to her fight with Mockingbird and Elektra again for that. Shortly before fighting Elektra, she had two invasive abdominal surgeries, each of which had nearly killed her and she was hemorrhaging during the fight with Elektra.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#43  Edited By Saren

Why not? Batman's one-shotted several talented fighters. If Batman knows he's only got one shot, all he has to do is use the non-lethal variant of the Leopard Blow he created, the same one he used against Shiva's final ninja master, someone skilled enough to give Batman a much better fight than Widow has ever evidenced herself capable of giving. Or the nerve-strike he used to paralyze Green Arrow's arms; or the one both he and Nobody learned from Henri Ducard that paralyzes the entire body or just kills if it's done wrong. Or the counter for the Hungry Cobra death-strike he used to one-shot Master Haim. Or the headbutt he used to one-shot Wildcat. Or literally any one of more than a half dozen different techniques Batman has for specifically this situation, where he has to get rid of a talented fighter in one hit.

All this actually comes down to is whether Batman knows he only gets one hit or not. Is Batman significantly stronger, faster and more skilled than Natasha? Yes. If Batman wants to hit Widow, he will. As stated, she's not on the level of Daredevil or Bucky or Steve or any of the fighters actually capable of stopping that from happening.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

Why not? Batman's one-shotted several talented fighters. If Batman knows he's only got one shot, all he has to do is use the non-lethal variant of the Leopard Blow he created, the same one he used against Shiva's final ninja master, someone skilled enough to give Batman a much better fight than Widow has ever evidenced herself capable of giving. Or the nerve-strike he used to paralyze Green Arrow's arms; or the one both he and Nobody learned from Henri Ducard that paralyzes the entire body or just kills if it's done wrong. Or the counter for the Hungry Cobra death-strike he used to one-shot Master Haim. Or the headbutt he used to one-shot Wildcat. Or literally any one of more than a half dozen different techniques Batman has for specifically this situation, where he has to get rid of a talented fighter in one hit.

All this actually comes down to is whether Batman knows he only gets one hit or not. Is Batman significantly stronger, faster and more skilled than Natasha? Yes. If Batman wants to hit Widow, he will. As stated, she's not on the level of Daredevil or Bucky or Steve or any of the fighters actually capable of stopping that from happening.

Likewise, if BW knows Batman only has one shot, all she has to do it dodge it. Batman doesn't land hits every single time and has missed strikes against opponents below Widow's caliber. She doesn't have to beat him. She only has to block a single hit. You are seriously saying you think she is incapable of blocking one punch?

Oh snap! I just remembered I made a respect thread for BW some time ago on the ghost-town site Comics Ledger. She has some peak human feats in it. Go nuts.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly Widow is still just female peak human..Besides Bats one-shotted characters with more endurance than Widow.It doesn't really matter since we know Batman would make the best out of the single try he's allowed with.DD did it before,I don't see why Bats can't.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batman one shots with ease.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By patrat18

@nickzambuto said:

No Caption Provided

Lmfaooo nice.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I remember why I wanted to stay away from battles...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@erik said:

@saren said:

Likewise, if BW knows Batman only has one shot, all she has to do it dodge it. Batman doesn't land hits every single time and has missed strikes against opponents below Widow's caliber. She doesn't have to beat him. She only has to block a single hit. You are seriously saying you think she is incapable of blocking one punch?

Yes, and if I thought she was actually capable of dodging it, I wouldn't be arguing for Batman here. The difference here is primarily mentality --- Batman doesn't land hits every single time because on several occasions he spends much of the opening sections of the fight gauging his opponent's style and capabilities. When he's under conditions comparable to this one-shot requirement, such as when he knows he has to get someplace and time is of the essence, he's a lot less prone to the trial-and-error approach. Most recently in DOTF he just walked through Arkham one-shotting all his villains because he didn't have the time to screw around with them, even though under normal circumstances, any given one of them would probably hold his attention for a few blows or more. When he was being mind-controlled and ordered to be ruthless, he one-shotted Wildcat and Hawkman without difficulty. When Black Canary was turned evil by Whisper A'Daire and attacked the League, Batman one-shotted her too, even though conventional knowledge would hold that under typical circumstances, Dinah should give Bruce a somewhat decent fight before going down. There is a major difference between your typical Batman and a Batman who knows he has to make his hits count, and I am seriously saying that Black Widow is incapable of blocking one punch from the latter Batman.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I think Batman's got this..