Superman.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Apparition

wow! one loss and youre out of the top 10???

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Apparition

Static Shock says:

"cpt_linger says:
"batman would make him look like the pink panther"
Make a better case than that. Apparition says:
wow! one loss and youre out of the top 10???
*shrugs* There is no top 10, IMO.
Post Edited:2008-01-09 21:07:52"

lol but there has to be! if you have fighters there's a way to distinguish them. its not like they're all xerox copies!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Static Shock

Apparition says:

"lol but there has to be! if you have fighters there's a way to distinguish them. its not like they're all xerox copies!"

Some are better than others. But, they aren't in any particular order. Marvel says Shang Chi is the best in terms of skill. But, no one is obligated to believe that. They also say Cap is the most superb fighter. Again, no one is obligated to believe that either.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Apparition

i see what youre saying but having a top ten doesnt mean you have to put those 10 in order. you may not be able to pick just one as the best but you could probably pick 10 who you would think might have claims on being the best and then that would be the top 10.

course its just like anything else. dc says flash is the fastest alive but i might think that mary marvel is faster. me thinking that doesnt make her faster. just like someone thinking daredevil is the best fighter doesnt make him the best. i'd go along with whatever dc said about who was the fastest and whatever marvel said about whether daredevil really was the best fighter.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Apparition

thank you very much

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Apparition says:

"i see what youre saying but having a top ten doesnt mean you have to put those 10 in order. you may not be able to pick just one as the best but you could probably pick 10 who you would think might have claims on being the best and then that would be the top 10.course its just like anything else. dc says flash is the fastest alive but i might think that mary marvel is faster. me thinking that doesnt make her faster. just like someone thinking daredevil is the best fighter doesnt make him the best. i'd go along with whatever dc said about who was the fastest and whatever marvel said about whether daredevil really was the best fighter."

nice

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"Taking one L doesn't mean that you aren't a great martial artist.That's like saying Tony Stark isn't one of the smartest men in Marvel because Peter Parker outsmarted him on one occasion.We all should know by noe that Iron Man remains smarter than Parker and alot of people in the Marvel U."

I said more than one occasion. Nor did I say that taking an L makes you a garbage martial artist. Anyway, no matter how you look at it. Not everyone is gonna see DD as being in the top 10. It's a matter of opinion.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By The_Ghostshell

DD is better the given credit for. He's beaten Taskmaster before, granted it was like in the 80's but still :P

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Apparition

we should just ignore that then, since it was the 80s ;)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Apparition says:

"we should just ignore that then, since it was the 80s ;)"

lmao. I agree with Apple :P

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Apparition

lol

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Besides, Gambit beat Daredevil and even I wouldn't put the ragin cajun in the top ten.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Static Shock

Gambler says:

"Besides, Gambit beat Daredevil and even I wouldn't put the ragin cajun in the top ten."

And, it's stuff like this that supports my argument. Some say that Black Panther is the best, but he got beat down three times in unarmed combat by Killmonger, a very less popular villain/martial artist, who was also able to hold his own against Deadpool on one occasion. I wouldn't even put him in the top 10 either.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Apparition

Colt Python says:

"Gambler says:
"Besides, Gambit beat Daredevil and even I wouldn't put the ragin cajun in the top ten."
But would you put DD there? I seriously can't name 10 people in Marvel I feel are better than DD."

i think i can. captain america, wolverine, black panther, mister x, shang chi, iron fist, abe brown, task master, bob diamond, lin sun, mantis, moon dragon... i'm sure there are more but i made it past ten.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Apparition

Static Shock says:

"Gambler says:
And, it's stuff like this that supports my argument. Some say that Black Panther is the best, but he got beat down three times in unarmed combat by Killmonger, a very less popular villain/martial artist, who was also able to hold his own against Deadpool on one occasion. I wouldn't even put him in the top 10 either."

you know the better fighter doesnt always win.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By zee crusher

Panther wins hes more super human then batman which means he would mostlikley be ahead most of the fight and don't think batman will be doing to much once he taste those claws.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By Forever

Apparition says:

"i think i can. captain america, wolverine, black panther, mister x, shang chi, iron fist, abe brown, task master, bob diamond, lin sun, mantis, moon dragon... i'm sure there are more but i made it past ten."

Gambler says:

"In no order.1. Champion2. Black Panther3. Deadpool4. Taskmaster5. Ronin6. Psylocke7. Shang-Chi8. Captain America9. Karnak10. Bengal"

I like both lists.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By The_Ghostshell

In no order.

1. Champion

2. Black Panther

3. Deadpool

4. Taskmaster

5. Ronin

6. Psylocke

7. Shang-Chi

8. Captain America

9. Karnak

10. Bengal

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Static Shock

Apparition says:

"you know the better fighter doesnt always win."

Exactly. Clearly, T'Challa isn't better than Killmonger. He has never beaten him. Not even once.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Forever says:

"Apparition says:
"i think i can. captain america, wolverine, black panther, mister x, shang chi, iron fist, abe brown, task master, bob diamond, lin sun, mantis, moon dragon... i'm sure there are more but i made it past ten."

Gambler says:

"In no order.1. Champion2. Black Panther3. Deadpool4. Taskmaster5. Ronin6. Psylocke7. Shang-Chi8. Captain America9. Karnak10. Bengal"

I like both lists."

I forgot Cat, he should really be on there somewhere to.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Static Shock

Apparition says:

"then we should add killmonger to our lists of people better than daredevil!"

Might as well. :P

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Apparition

Static Shock says:

"Apparition says:
"you know the better fighter doesnt always win."
Exactly. Clearly, T'Challa isn't better than Killmonger. He has never beaten him. Not even once."

then we should add killmonger to our lists of people better than daredevil!

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"I forgot Cat, he should really be on there somewhere to."

Definitely.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Apparition

Colt Python says:

"Gambler says:
"In no order. 1. Champion 2. Black Panther 3. Deadpool 4. Taskmaster 5. Ronin 6. Psylocke 7. Shang-Chi 8. Captain America 9. Karnak 10. Bengal"
Do you mean Ronin as in Clint Barton?"

ronin as in echo

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Apparition says:

"Colt Python says:
"Gambler says:
"In no order. 1. Champion 2. Black Panther 3. Deadpool 4. Taskmaster 5. Ronin 6. Psylocke 7. Shang-Chi 8. Captain America 9. Karnak 10. Bengal"
Do you mean Ronin as in Clint Barton?"

ronin as in echo"

Thank you

insect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By insect

how about gamora she is deadliest woman in galaxy or x-23

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By POHOCOM

LstPaladin says:

"I believe Batman would win. Batman always has whatever he needs in his utility belt."

Did Batman have what he needed when he got his butt kicked easily by Bronze Tiger? How bout when he got brutalized by Deathstroke? Did I mention he lost a straight up fight with Kobra? Should I remind everyone of his KO at the hands of Prometheus? I could go on but my point is, Batman is awesome but he would lose to Black Panther and Captain America for sure. Batman is a defective who happens to be an awesome fighter. These guys who beat him are all warriors and killers FIRST, who happen to have other talents. Theres a difference. Batman would give anyone a good fight and on a good day even beats them. But in 4 out of 5 fights, all the guys I mentioned beat Batman.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Hadrelius

POHOCOM says:

"LstPaladin says:
"I believe Batman would win. Batman always has whatever he needs in his utility belt."
Did Batman have what he needed when he got his butt kicked easily by Bronze Tiger? How bout when he got brutalized by Deathstroke? Did I mention he lost a straight up fight with Kobra? Should I remind everyone of his KO at the hands of Prometheus? I could go on but my point is, Batman is awesome but he would lose to Black Panther and Captain America for sure. Batman is a defective who happens to be an awesome fighter. These guys who beat him are all warriors and killers FIRST, who happen to have other talents. Theres a difference. Batman would give anyone a good fight and on a good day even beats them. But in 4 out of 5 fights, all the guys I mentioned beat Batman."

While I do agree that BP would win (because of his suit mostly), I have to disagree with your feeling about Batman. Before anything Batman is a fighter. He is known as one of the greatest fighters in the DCU.

Question: When did Bronze Tiger beat Batman?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By warlock360

Batman! 12 hours is enough to come up with something crafty!

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By warlock360

actually on both sides... 12 hours is a long time... something like a simple taser gun just might do :P

Klutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Klutz

Kraven says:

"speedlgt says:
"Prove that black panther is a smart as wayne!"
Black Panther is considered an intellectual equal to Reed Richards and Dr. Doom. Bruce Wayne is a brilliant detective but I have never seen him show himself to be as intellectual as some one like Reed Richards."

When the Justice league had to take on Simon Stagg (episode 23 I think)(who had the same powers as metamorpho) he had to figure out the chemical formula to destroy Simon Stagg, as the rest of the team was getting the a@@ handed to them, so I would say that he is pretty smart (I know that is just one incident), also the fact that batman always as some sort of back up plan, if he had to he could take on superman (for the sol reason that he has kryptonite with him) but still, of course thats just my two cents, seeing as I don't know as much about Black Panther.:)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#83  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Black Panther.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Static Shock

Alpha says:

"Question: When did Bronze Tiger beat Batman?"

Back in the day. Think Bronze Tiger was brainwashed. He defeated him right before Kathy Kane was killed.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By POHOCOM

Mabey I was too harsh on Batman. He definitely is one of the 10 most skilled fighters in the DC universe, but make no mistake, he is not a fighter first. He is a detective first. Batman is called "The Dark Knight DETECTIVE" for a reason. Batman has appeared for decades in a comic called "DETECTIVE COMICS". Get the picture? As one writer so eloquently put it: When you need to find the bad guy, you get Batman. When he wants to make a stand you get Captain America. (Or Wolvervine). I just get little tired of people acting like Batman can beat everyone. Batman is great though. I still think Panther beats him though.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Batman, probably. He could just break out the power armor for the fight and spend the rest of the twelve hours cooking up 'better living through chemistry' surprises.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Static Shock

Alexander Anderson says:

"Batman, probably. He could just break out the power armor for the fight and spend the rest of the twelve hours cooking up 'better living through chemistry' surprises. "

LMAO!

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Hadrelius

POHOCOM says:

"Mabey I was too harsh on Batman. He definitely is one of the 10 most skilled fighters in the DC universe, but make no mistake, he is not a fighter first. He is a detective first. Batman is called "The Dark Knight DETECTIVE" for a reason. Batman has appeared for decades in a comic called "DETECTIVE COMICS". Get the picture? As one writer so eloquently put it: When you need to find the bad guy, you get Batman. When he wants to make a stand you get Captain America. (Or Wolvervine). I just get little tired of people acting like Batman can beat everyone. Batman is great though. I still think Panther beats him though."

Fighting is what he learned first. It was the first weapon in his arsenal. It's why he is one of the top fighters. The sciencetist and the detective came later.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By POHOCOM

It's not what you did first that defines you. Bruce Lee was a professional actor long before he was even a capable fighter. Is he an actor or a martial artist in essence?

No one calls Batman the "Dark Knight Warrior". He never starred in a comic called "Deadly Hands of Kung Fu." Ras Al Ghul never calls Batman "fighter". But, he always calls him detective. Batman may be the greatest detective in all of fiction. That's what he is. That's who he is. He can fight his butt off, but that is secondary to his detective skills.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Hadrelius

POHOCOM says:

"It's not what you did first that defines you. Bruce Lee was a professional actor long before he was even a capable fighter. Is he an actor or a martial artist in essence? No one calls Batman the "Dark Knight Warrior". He never starred in a comic called "Deadly Hands of Kung Fu." Ras Al Ghul never calls Batman "fighter". But, he always calls him detective. Batman may be the greatest detective in all of fiction. That's what he is. That's who he is. He can fight his butt off, but that is secondary to his detective skills."

Ok, he's the worlds greatest detective. But that title makes people forget that he is also one of the worlds greatest fighters. When he goes up against other in that group (Shiva, Deathstroke, and the League of Assasins) it's his fighting prowness not his detective work that enables him to hold his own.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By POHOCOM

Of course. I dont believe that anyone can forget that he is one of the great fighters. I think more people forget he's a detective. People keep saying "If Batman has time to prepare, he can beat..." Like he's invincible. That's annoying. Batman can compete with any human level opponent in DC. That's high praise enough.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Hadrelius

POHOCOM says:

"Of course. I dont believe that anyone can forget that he is one of the great fighters. I think more people forget he's a detective. People keep saying "If Batman has time to prepare, he can beat..." Like he's invincible. That's annoying. Batman can compete with any human level opponent in DC. That's high praise enough."

I agree, it can get annoying but along with him being a detective and a martial artist, he's genius levwel tactician, strategist, and scientist. He's able to study an opponent to learn their weakness and then exploit it. That's why mostpeople feel with time he can beat anyone. I feel the same but my idea of winning may be different. Like when he faced Darkseid. He won by using his head. I feel if your goal is accomplished you are the winner.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Black Panther.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By POHOCOM

Alpha says:

"POHOCOM says:
"Of course. I dont believe that anyone can forget that he is one of the great fighters. I think more people forget he's a detective. People keep saying "If Batman has time to prepare, he can beat..." Like he's invincible. That's annoying. Batman can compete with any human level opponent in DC. That's high praise enough."

I agree, it can get annoying but along with him being a detective and a martial artist, he's genius levwel tactician, strategist, and scientist. He's able to study an opponent to learn their weakness and then exploit it. That's why mostpeople feel with time he can beat anyone. I feel the same but my idea of winning may be different. Like when he faced Darkseid. He won by using his head. I feel if your goal is accomplished you are the winner. "

I agree. But it seems that people bend the rules for Batman a lot. They always give Batman "time to prepare" and use whatever resources he can come up with. But isn't that true about Iron Man, Captain America, Black Panther, Midnighter, Reed Richards, Dr Doom, Thanos, and many others. There are many master tacticians who, given "time to prepare" can beat anyone. People seem allow Batman this luxury more than any other character. It doesn't seem fair to me.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

POHOCOM says:

"Alpha says:
"POHOCOM says:
I agree, it can get annoying but along with him being a detective and a martial artist, he's genius levwel tactician, strategist, and scientist. He's able to study an opponent to learn their weakness and then exploit it. That's why mostpeople feel with time he can beat anyone. I feel the same but my idea of winning may be different. Like when he faced Darkseid. He won by using his head. I feel if your goal is accomplished you are the winner. "
I agree. But it seems that people bend the rules for Batman a lot. They always give Batman "time to prepare" and use whatever resources he can come up with. But isn't that true about Iron Man, Captain America, Black Panther, Midnighter, Reed Richards, Dr Doom, Thanos, and many others. There are many master tacticians who, given "time to prepare" can beat anyone. People seem allow Batman this luxury more than any other character. It doesn't seem fair to me. "

Batman wouldn't be as efficent with prep time as anyone you just named except for Cap.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By POHOCOM

Alexander Anderson says:

"Batman, probably. He could just break out the power armor for the fight and spend the rest of the twelve hours cooking up 'better living through chemistry' surprises. "

This is what I mean. How is this fair? Do you realize how many resources and advanced technology Panther has at his disposal? Do realize how much he's used in certain comics over the years? Why then do people never suggest that Panther could use his non standard paraphernalia when discussing his abilities in any of these debates? Because to many people have an unjust, unfair bias for Batman. They love to say he can beat anyone.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

POHOCOM says:

"Alexander Anderson says:

This is what I mean. How is this fair? Do you realize how many resources and advanced technology Panther has at his disposal? Do realize how much he's used in certain comics over the years? Why then do people never suggest that Panther could use his non standard paraphernalia when discussing his abilities in any of these debates? Because to many people have an unjust, unfair bias for Batman. They love to say he can beat anyone. "

Really? I see a lot more Black Panther love around here than Batman love; most people seem to be very realistic about Bruce's tech, abilities and limitations.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Hadrelius

POHOCOM says:

"POHOCOM says:
This is what I mean. How is this fair? Do you realize how many resources and advanced technology Panther has at his disposal? Do realize how much he's used in certain comics over the years? Why then do people never suggest that Panther could use his non standard paraphernalia when discussing his abilities in any of these debates? Because to many people have an unjust, unfair bias for Batman. They love to say he can beat anyone. "
Really? I see a lot more Black Panther love around here than Batman love; most people seem to be very realistic about Bruce's tech, abilities and limitations."
That's not the point. Do you see anyone being "very realistic" about T'Challa's tech. Nobody, mentions the Panther armor that Panther wore when he disabled an Iron Man robot. Why not? If you want to be "realistic" about one character, give the other the same treatment. I prefer that we go with what characters normally use in the majority of their fights with no prep. "

Well said!

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By POHOCOM

Alexander Anderson says:

"POHOCOM says:

Really? I see a lot more Black Panther love around here than Batman love; most people seem to be very realistic about Bruce's tech, abilities and limitations."

That's not the point. Do you see anyone being "very realistic" about T'Challa's tech. Nobody, mentions the Panther armor that Panther wore when he disabled an Iron Man robot.

Why not? If you want to be "realistic" about one character, give the other the same treatment. I prefer that we go with what characters normally use in the majority of their fights with no prep.

Taylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#100  Edited By Taylove

That's why B.P. is the King.