Batman Vs. Black Panther

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kraven

Don't kill me if this has been done before.

Both characters have 12 hours prep time. They each have access to all the technology at her disposal. The fight takes place in an arena.

Could the Dark Knight take the Black Panther? (Batman fans: keep in mind that T'Challa is at least as intelligent as Wayne and is wearing his vibranium suit)

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By speedlgt

Prove that black panther is a smart as wayne!

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kraven

speedlgt says:

"Prove that black panther is a smart as wayne!"

Black Panther is considered an intellectual equal to Reed Richards and Dr. Doom.

Bruce Wayne is a brilliant detective but I have never seen him show himself to be as intellectual as some one like Reed Richards.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By speedlgt

I feel ya.

but I see richards and doom as science guys wayne is like the ultimate detective/tactics guy. to me its kinda like why Cap would beat Stark 9 out 10 times, yeah stark is a genius but a fight is different.

I am bat fan and i dont like the whole "batman factor" (only when used for fun :P) but I dont see DC's most danegrous man on planet, whos taken down the whole JLA loosing to a Marvel midcard fighter. (no disrespect to BP) So bats wins, maybe easy maybe not but he wins.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

black panther

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn

Black Panther for the win

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kraven says:

"speedlgt says:
"Prove that black panther is a smart as wayne!"
Black Panther is considered an intellectual equal to Reed Richards and Dr. Doom. Bruce Wayne is a brilliant detective but I have never seen him show himself to be as intellectual as some one like Reed Richards."

hey kraven? who is joe?

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kraven

speedlgt says:

"I feel ya.but I see richards and doom as science guys wayne is like the ultimate detective/tactics guy. to me its kinda like why Cap would beat Stark 9 out 10 times, yeah stark is a genius but a fight is different.I am bat fan and i dont like the whole "batman factor" (only when used for fun :P) but I dont see DC's most danegrous man on planet, whos taken down the whole JLA loosing to a Marvel midcard fighter. (no disrespect to BP) So bats wins, maybe easy maybe not but he wins. "

I think it would be an interesting fight. I get what you're saying about intellect types. But remember that BP is a warrior king. He is well versed in tactics and military strategy. I think the killer is his vibranium. It can cut through Batman's armor. BP has access to Wakandan tech which is possibly the most advanced in the world. He has anti-metal that can dissolve all of Batman's gadgets.

@ultimateninjagaidenx: Joe =Joe Quesada, editor-in-chief of Marvel who ruined Spider-man (see the "One More Day WTF!" thread)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Static Shock

This has been done. Black Panther wins. :P

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kraven

Static Shock says:

"This has been done. Black Panther wins. :P"

Thanks.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Apparition

black panther

LstPaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By LstPaladin

I believe Batman would win. Batman always has whatever he needs in his utility belt.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Static Shock

LstPaladin says:

"I believe Batman would win. Batman always has whatever he needs in his utility belt."

Too bad it won't have an effect on Black Panther's suit.

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By T.J. Magnum

Black panther

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Andferne

Got to give this to the Man in Black...uh the one with a cape..crap uh the one with the cool suit..grr ok ok I got it this time the smart one? rich one? ah forget about it I quit.

PS; I think BP will win the maority here. 8/10

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hadrelius

With the suit, the Black Panther does have an advantage. Prep time would be needed for these fighters. I think they would both rely on their skill alone and I can't see a definite winner in this.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hadrelius

Colt Python says:

"Black Panther beats him..period! Even without the vibranium suit.With the suit..it's a curbstomp."

Why do you think he would beat him?

Is his fighting at a higher level than Bats? Because that is what it would come down to.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hadrelius

With his suit, it is a "curb stomp". That thing took blows from Namor so Batman wouldn't have a chance. I'm just saying in a straight fight based on skill alone, it's not.

And BP may arguably be the beat fighter in Marvel ( and you would have an argument) There are those who would say Bats is only second to Deathstroke.

People forget that Bats is a martial artist before everything else. The character has dedicated himself to the pursuit first.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hadrelius

Colt Python says:

"Alpha says:
"With his suit, it is a "curb stomp". That thing took blows from Namor so Batman wouldn't have a chance. I'm just saying in a straight fight based on skill alone, it's not. And BP may arguably be the beat fighter in Marvel ( and you would have an argument) There are those who would say Bats is only second to Deathstroke. People forget that Bats is a martial artist before everything else. The character has dedicated himself to the pursuit first. "
1.Black Panther's sense are on par with Wolverine's and his speed and reaction time are almost superhuman.He is far more agile than Bats and possibly smarter than him too. 2.I'm telling you BP is the best in Marvel and you say Bats is second in DC..how is that equivalent to win? "

BP is the best?

With Cap, Ironfist, and Daredevil around?

I'm the biggest BP fan out there (have all of Kirby's) and even I wouldn't be that quick to make that statement.

How would his sense have baring in a straight fight of skill?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hadrelius

Colt Python says:

"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Alpha says:
"With his suit, it is a "curb stomp". That thing took blows from Namor so Batman wouldn't have a chance. I'm just saying in a straight fight based on skill alone, it's not. And BP may arguably be the beat fighter in Marvel ( and you would have an argument) There are those who would say Bats is only second to Deathstroke. People forget that Bats is a martial artist before everything else. The character has dedicated himself to the pursuit first. "
1.Black Panther's sense are on par with Wolverine's and his speed and reaction time are almost superhuman.He is far more agile than Bats and possibly smarter than him too. 2.I'm telling you BP is the best in Marvel and you say Bats is second in DC..how is that equivalent to win? "
BP is the best? With Cap, Ironfist, and Daredevil around? I'm the biggest BP fan out there (have all of Kirby's) and even I wouldn't be that quick to make that statement. How would his sense have baring in a straight fight of skill? "
1.BP beat Captain America several times,Daredevil is possibly the 3rd best fighter in Marvel behind Cap,Iron Fist is a joke. 2.Black Panther's sense may not mean jack in this fight but he can beat Batman.There is nothing Batman can really do to give him an edge because Black Panther physically outclasses him.Strength,Speed,Agility,durabilty..Black Panther excels over him in all categories."

OK.

You made a good argument. I agree. Batman would lose.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Alpha says:

"There are those who would say Bats is only second to Deathstroke. "

Those people are complete idiots.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Forever

Colt Python says:

"1.BP beat Captain America several times,Daredevil is possibly the 3rd best fighter in Marvel behind Cap,Iron Fist is a joke."

It seems like you've got your list all mixed up. Daredevil the third best, Black Panther the best and Iron Fist a joke? Really?

Buckshot says:

"Alpha says:
Those people are complete idiots."

lol. Or at least rather ignorant on that subject.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"I don't have my list mixed up I really believe that Black Panther,Captain America,AND Daredevil.Yes, I said Iron Fist is a joke."
Matter of opinion, really.Buckshot says:
"Alpha says:
Those people are complete idiots."
lol. Or at least rather ignorant on that subject."

Maybe it's both. LOL
Post Edited:2008-01-08 14:47:37

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By White Phantom

Static Shock says:

"Colt Python says:
"I don't have my list mixed up I really believe that Black Panther,Captain America,AND Daredevil.Yes, I said Iron Fist is a joke."
Matter of opinion, really. "

Colt, I hate to break it to you, but your opinion isn't the end all be all.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Static Shock

White Phantom says:

"Colt, I hate to break it to you, but your opinion isn't the end all be all. "

Phantom, yet again, we agree on something. :D

Eraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Eraser

Panther

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By speedlgt

I dont care what proof anyone has the "black panther" is not marvels best hes a midcard guy at best all this BP un-conditional love is getting very very out of hand. ya ll wanna sya he cant beat batman....FINE but going out and saying wolverine ironfist daredevil and for god sakes the CAPTAIN OF AMERICA are all second string to black panther is just insulting. Next thing you know we will be hearing about the Panther factor.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Forever

Colt Python says:

Ok but Iron Fist is a much better fighter than Daredevil and if youre talking about skill Captain America and Black Panther are not on the top of that list, but if youre talking about effectiveness as a fighter, they may be there but Daredevil is nowhere near third.

Eraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Eraser

speedlgt says:

"I dont care what proof anyone has the "black panther" is not marvels best hes a midcard guy at best all this BP un-conditional love is getting very very out of hand. ya ll wanna sya he cant beat batman....FINE but going out and saying wolverine ironfist daredevil and for god sakes the CAPTAIN OF AMERICA are all second string to black panther is just insulting. Next thing you know we will be hearing about the Panther factor. "

I love Cap to, but...Black Panther has taken Cap one on one, and he has taken the Fantastic Four by himself. He is not just your "really good melee fighter with no special powers" guy. Black Panther is on a whole other level.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Forever

speedlgt says:

"I dont care what proof anyone has the "black panther" is not marvels best hes a midcard guy at best all this BP un-conditional love is getting very very out of hand. ya ll wanna sya he cant beat batman....FINE but going out and saying wolverine ironfist daredevil and for god sakes the CAPTAIN OF AMERICA are all second string to black panther is just insulting. Next thing you know we will be hearing about the Panther factor. "

Try not to ignore the proof. Your just deciding what level Panther is on would be like someone saying that Batman is a mediocre fighter because they just think he is, no matter what proof anyone else has.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By White Phantom

Static Shock says:

"White Phantom says:

Phantom, yet again, we agree on something. :D"

I like you

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By White Phantom

Colt Python says:

"White Phantom says:
"Static Shock says:
"White Phantom says:
Phantom, yet again, we agree on something. :D"
I like you "

You better be a girl."

I meant as friends for goodness sakes. And I'm a boy and proud of it. So cut that out.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By White Phantom

Hey, I don't exactly care for that kinda stuff. And that was fun anyway.

Eraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eraser

I heard they are neck and neck, the deciding factor in DD's favor was his level of opponents over the years and him being battle tested.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Forever

Colt Python says:

"I really don't think Iron Fist is a better fighter than Daredevil.Maybe it's because Daredevil is my favorite Marvel hero but I really don't see Iron Fist being better than Daredevil.I need some scans or something."

I'd help you out but I'm at work. Iron Fist is one of the names that comes up when they are talking about the very best martial artists in Marvel. His name, Shang-Chi's, Captain America's, even Wolverine's names are mentioned well before Daredevil is. Daredevil is very good but he isn't one of the best ever.

Remember that Iron Fist can raise his attributes to those of a peak human's and he can punch holes in steel at least as thick as a bank safe while using his Iron Fist.

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kraven

Colt Python says:

"Forever says:
"Colt Python says:
Ok but Iron Fist is a much better fighter than Daredevil and if youre talking about skill Captain America and Black Panther are not on the top of that list, but if youre talking about effectiveness as a fighter, they may be there but Daredevil is nowhere near third."

I really don't think Iron Fist is a better fighter than Daredevil.Maybe it's because Daredevil is my favorite Marvel hero but I really don't see Iron Fist being better than Daredevil.I need some scans or something."

Sorry Colt Python, no scans, but:

In DD vol.1 #178 written by Frank Miller, DD and Iron Fist first meet. DD and Iron Fist fight and both are so good they are able to avoid all of the others' kicks and punches. Niether lands a blow. In DD vol.2 #83 written by Ed Brubaker, Iron Fist has been posing as DD but Murdock doesn't know it's him. The two fight and are neck and neck. Murdock gains the upperhand and Rand strikes with the iron fist punch. Murdock evades it and then realizes the fake DD is Danny Rand and Rand realizes he is facing the real Daredevil.

Two of the most acclaimed writers in comics both wrote that Daredevil is at least as good as Iron Fist. People who say otherwise should read some comics rather than making claims that aren't based on anything.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Forever

Kraven says:

"Sorry Colt Python, no scans, but: In DD vol.1 #178 written by Frank Miller, DD and Iron Fist first meet. DD and Iron Fist fight and both are so good they are able to avoid all of the others' kicks and punches. Niether lands a blow. In DD vol.2 #83 written by Ed Brubaker, Iron Fist has been posing as DD but Murdock doesn't know it's him. The two fight and are neck and neck. Murdock gains the upperhand and Rand strikes with the iron fist punch. Murdock evades it and then realizes the fake DD is Danny Rand and Rand realizes he is facing the real Daredevil. Two of the most acclaimed writers in comics both wrote that Daredevil is at least as good as Iron Fist. People who say otherwise should read some comics rather than making claims that aren't based on anything."

Not assuming that your statement was directed at me, but this is good for debate anyway.

When I judge someone's ability as a fighter I look at two things really. How skilled they are and also whether they can win the fight or not. You can be the more skilled fighter and still lose the fight for various reasons. Perhaps your opponent has enhanced durability that allows them to absorb your attacks. Maybe they are quicker than you are or maybe they can generate more power than you can.

Looking at Daredevil and Iron Fist, even if their fighting skill was equal, IF has all of those abilities I mentioned over Daredevil. Because of his powers, IF can heal himself far more rapidly than a normal human, his stamina is greater, he can reach the quickness of a peak level human and he can generate enough power to punch a whole through steel plate. Holding their fighting skills even, IF is still the more effective fighter because of his powers.

But let’s look into their fighting skills. Daredevil is an expert at several contemporary martial arts as well as boxing, ninjutsu, gymnastics and acrobatics that he blends into his own style. That should make him very difficult to match up against. Anyone fighting him would not be able to rely on the fact that they know everything there is to know about wing chun so they know what his next attack will be based on his last attack and the positions they now find themselves in and whatever…

That doesn’t separate Daredevil though, because besides being an expert in several contemporary styles Iron Fist is the master of all of K’un L’un’s (a mystical city set apart from our world) martial arts. So his style is at least as hard to get a read on as well. Both trained since childhood and both are very experienced.

So a case can be made that Daredevil is near Iron Fist in skill level, but not in actual fighting effectiveness because now we get to how we judge people in actual battles outside of comic books.

It’s not enough to say that they stalemated in this comic or that comic. As you can see, both comics you mentioned were Daredevil comics where the writer was undoubtedly building his character up. So they have him take on an acknowledged master and say that Daredevil stalemated him. Look at their abilities and decide whether that should have happened or not. Look at what I first said in this post in describing Iron Fist’s abilities.

Their level of ability is definitely debatable, I personally would lean towards Iron Fist being the more skilled and we could go through years of comics to determine the truth. But I don’t think it’s much of a debate as to who the more effective fighter is and who would win in a fight between the two.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By speedlgt

OK I have a major problem with the statments many post saying that "the COMICS are not important in the battles because we judge battle outside the scope of the comics and writters."

we are here because of COMICS

All we know of heros is from COMICS

If we dont go by what we have seen in comics and what WRITERS WRITE then what the hell are we doing??

if this is the case then we should just go by stats or a vote poll and be done with it because for heaven sakes DONT GO LOOK in COMIC

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#39  Edited By The_Martian

Black Panther wins this, he is quicker and stronger than Batman. Skills wise they are probably equal when it comes to fighting. Black Panther has greater resources than Batman and they are probably fairly equal when it comes to intelligence(though its in different areas). My vote is for BP.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Forever

speedlgt says:

"OK I have a major problem with the statments many post saying that "the COMICS are not important in the battles because we judge battle outside the scope of the comics and writters." we are here because of COMICS All we know of heros is from COMICS If we dont go by what we have seen in comics and what WRITERS WRITE then what the hell are we doing?? if this is the case then we should just go by stats or a vote poll and be done with it because for heaven sakes DONT GO LOOK in COMIC "

Its a mixture of the two. I'm sure you've seen the comic where Superman is mind controlled and thinks that Batman is Darkseid and that Batman (Darkseid) has just killed Lois Lane. So he goes all out on him and pummels him repeatedly. How does Batman survive being hit even once? If we go strictly by the comics, Superman's strength and power levels would depend on who he is fighting. He can move at near light speed in one encounter but then in another Batman's or Doomsday's or Karate Kid's movements catch him by surprise. Is Batman a normal human or is he a speedster considering that he dodges bullets routinely? Firelord was a herald of Galactus but somehow Spider-Man was able to beat him in a fight. How is that possible?

Some things that happen in comics are there for the sake of the story. If you take these characters by the powers they have and what they generally display, then there are a lot of instances that should not occur. There are a lot of fights that they win in comics but should lose, or lose in comics but should win. The comics themselves do not give you a consistent level for the characters and that's why in a battle thread you can't rely solely on them.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By the creator

Forever says:

"speedlgt says:
"OK I have a major problem with the statments many post saying that "the COMICS are not important in the battles because we judge battle outside the scope of the comics and writters." we are here because of COMICS All we know of heros is from COMICS If we dont go by what we have seen in comics and what WRITERS WRITE then what the hell are we doing?? if this is the case then we should just go by stats or a vote poll and be done with it because for heaven sakes DONT GO LOOK in COMIC "
Its a mixture of the two. I'm sure you've seen the comic where Superman is mind controlled and thinks that Batman is Darkseid and that Batman (Darkseid) has just killed Lois Lane. So he goes all out on him and pummels him repeatedly. How does Batman survive being hit even once? If we go strictly by the comics, Superman's strength and power levels would depend on who he is fighting. He can move at near light speed in one encounter but then in another Batman's or Doomsday's or Karate Kid's movements catch him by surprise. Is Batman a normal human or is he a speedster considering that he dodges bullets routinely? Firelord was a herald of Galactus but somehow Spider-Man was able to beat him in a fight. How is that possible? Some things that happen in comics are there for the sake of the story. If you take these characters by the powers they have and what they generally display, then there are a lot of instances that should not occur. There are a lot of fights that they win in comics but should lose, or lose in comics but should win. The comics themselves do not give you a consistent level for the characters and that's why in a battle thread you can't rely solely on them."

Exactly.

We should all look at the breadth of a characters appearances and base our thoughts on the levels of powers/abilities displayed consistently, rather than the one offs that unbalance the picture.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Forever

Welcome back Creator.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By the creator

Forever says:

"Welcome back Creator."

Check your PMs.

weather witch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By weather witch

black panther would take this one....no fanboy included hes just better!!!
Post Edited:2008-01-09 13:43:05

weather witch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By weather witch

i put ake instead of take...my bad

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Forever

The_Creator says:

"Check your PMs. "

Check yours.

weather witch says:

"black panther would take this one....no fanboy included hes just better!!!
Post Edited:2008-01-09 13:43:05"

What did you have to edit?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Forever

lol I didnt even notice it the first time.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"I read those comics and I really don't see how people think that DD isn't at least top 10 in Marvel."

It's all a matter of opinion. That's what that is. Everyone has biased

opinions. You may think that DD is in the top 10. Others may not.

That's just how it is. Me, personally, I don't think any martial artist

is at the top. Because all of them took an L on more than one occasion.

Post Edited:2008-01-09 21:02:03

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By cpt_linger

batman would make him look like the pink panther

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock

cpt_linger says:

"batman would make him look like the pink panther"

Make a better case than that.

Apparition says:

wow! one loss and youre out of the top 10???

shrugs

There is no top 10, IMO.
Post Edited:2008-01-09 21:07:52