• 124 results
#1 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman (Bruce Wayne) vs Black Canary (Dinah Lance)

Battle 1: morals on, no gear/batsuit, no canary cry. fight is in a boxing arena. win is by ko. 

Battle 2: morals on, gear/batsuit and canary cry is allowed. fight is at the watchtower. win is by ko.

Battle 3: morals off, gear/batsuit and canary cry is allowed. fight is in a toronto street at night. win is by kill. 

#2 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle One: BatMan wins. Dinah is very skilled, but based on showings, BatMan is superior to her. 
Battle Two: It depends. Considering the fact that morals apply, Dinah may not use her Cry for fear of severely injuring or killing BatMan. In which case, BatMan would win again, especially given the equipment he has. However, if she does use her Cry, she will defeat him.  
Battle Three: Black Canary wins. With no morals, she will simply scream her lungs out and kill BatMan, as well as destroy the surrounding area. 

#3 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle 1:  Bruce 

Battle 2: Bruce 

Battle 3: Dinah

#4 Posted by Dr Doomsday (192 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Batman
2.Batman
3.BC

#5 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Like everyone else.

#6 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@EpitomeofCool: I disagree. With no morals, battle 3 ends in sex. 
#7 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@EpitomeofCool said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @EpitomeofCool: I disagree. With no morals, battle 3 ends in sex.  "
I was talking about battle 2. The one I highlighted... "
I know. I was joking. 
#8 Edited by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@EpitomeofCool:  Battle two is up for debate.  It really depends, because Bruce knows Dinah he probably has some strategies against her abilities.  I do think Black Canary can win this but I'm inclined to vote for Bruce.
#9 Posted by Soloman (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has a contingency plan for every member of the JLA. Bruce wins.

#10 Posted by Tim_Drake4444 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats 
Bats 
Canary

#11 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5379 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" Battle One: BatMan wins. Dinah is very skilled, but based on showings, BatMan is superior to her. Battle Two: It depends. Considering the fact that morals apply, Dinah may not use her Cry for fear of severely injuring or killing BatMan. In which case, BatMan would win again, especially given the equipment he has. However, if she does use her Cry, she will defeat him.  Battle Three: Black Canary wins. With no morals, she will simply scream her lungs out and kill BatMan, as well as destroy the surrounding area.  "
#12 Posted by Jade1977 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Canary wins all three. You guys are all SEXIST!

#13 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jade1977 said:
" Black Canary wins all three. You guys are all SEXIST! "
No, we are not. Canary is an excellent combatant and will give BatMan a very hard fight, but she does not have the combat feats to put her above BatMan. She has held her own against Lady Shiva, which is very impressive, but BatMan has done the same thing more than once. Not to mention, BatMan has also stalemated Richard Dragon, defeated Ra's al Ghul, defeated David Cain, and so on. For all her skill, Bats has more prodigious combat feats than Canary does.
#14 Posted by Jade1977 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

If BC can defeat Amazons in hand-to-hand combat, she can take Batman.

#15 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jade1977 said:
"

If BC can defeat Amazons in hand-to-hand combat, she can take Batman.

"
If you are referring to Dinah's sparring match with Wonder Woman, it was only a sparring match. If you are referring to the Amazons invading in Wonder Woman's third volume, BatMan was there as well, and he defeated several also. 
#16 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle 1: Batman
Battle 2: Either way
Battle 3: Black Canary

#17 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" Battle 1: Batman Battle 2: Either way Battle 3: Black Canary "
I agree with this. 
#18 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" Battle 1: Batman Battle 2: Either way Battle 3: Black Canary "
I agree with this.  "
Thank you.
#19 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2779 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jade1977 said:

" Black Canary wins all three. You guys are all SEXIST! "

I don't think anyone here's been sexist. : /
#20 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

round one batman. 
the other two black canary.
#21 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Canary 
2. Bruce 
3. Bruce

#22 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" 1. Canary 2. Bruce 3. Bruce "
??? 

How does BatMan win number three when Canary and Bats are bloodlusted, and she has her scream?
#23 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
???  How does BatMan win number three when Canary and Bats are bloodlusted, and she has her scream? "
Batman's suit has sonic shock absorbers and insulation and he has blockers in his ears to prevent his ears being damaged by loud sonic decibel based attacks since a majority of his weapons are based off the same principle all sound decibel attacks to attack the crooks brain and knock em out  and it has protected him from the likes of Silver Banshee in the past. A bloodlust Bruce can call in a missile strike and artillery barrage 
#24 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
???  How does BatMan win number three when Canary and Bats are bloodlusted, and she has her scream? "
Batman's suit has sonic shock absorbers and insulation and he has blockers in his ears to prevent his ears being damaged by loud sonic decibel based attacks since a majority of his weapons are based off the same principle all sound decibel attacks to attack the crooks brain and knock em out  and it has protected him from the likes of Silver Banshee in the past. A bloodlust Bruce can call in a missile strike and artillery barrage  "
I am aware of BatMan's equipment, but she has destroyed buildings and harmed Amazo with her scream. I cannot see BatMan defeating her in that instance.  

Also, how does she win number one without her scream? BatMan is more skilled than she is. 
#25 Posted by Superguy1591 (2691 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Canary is my favorite female Super heroine and i think Batman is WAY overrated. 

Fight one - Batman 
Fight two - Canary 
Fight three- Canary, again!  

#26 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: No I say she surpassed Bruce a while ago she is more in Shiva's and Cassandra's league now 
#27 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Silver2467: No I say she surpassed Bruce a while ago she is more in Shiva's and Cassandra's league now  "
BatMan has stalemated Shiva also. He has also fought Dragon to a standstill. He has far more combat feats than Dinah does. Besides, Cassandra is above everyone, including Shiva. 
#28 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Silver2467: No I say she surpassed Bruce a while ago she is more in Shiva's and Cassandra's league now  "
BatMan has stalemated Shiva also. He has also fought Dragon to a standstill. He has far more combat feats than Dinah does. Besides, Cassandra is above everyone, including Shiva.  "
Canary has fought Cass to a standstill. Not to mention defeating the woman who trained Shiva
#29 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
BatMan has stalemated Shiva also. He has also fought Dragon to a standstill. He has far more combat feats than Dinah does. Besides, Cassandra is above everyone, including Shiva.  "
Canary has fought Cass to a standstill. Not to mention defeating the woman who trained Shiva "
By that logic, Connor Hawke and Renee Montoya are ahead of BatMan also, and that is not true. Bats has stalemated Shiva, Dragon, Tiger, defeated David Cain, defeated Ra's al Ghul, gave Deathstroke a hard fight the first time, and so on. 

The top 5 best fighters on New Earth in order are as follows: 
1. Cassandra Cain 
2. Lady Shiva 
3. Richard Dragon 
4. Bronze Tiger 
5. BatMan
#30 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
Canary has fought Cass to a standstill. Not to mention defeating the woman who trained Shiva "
By that logic, Connor Hawke and Renee Montoya are ahead of BatMan also, and that is not true. Bats has stalemated Shiva, Dragon, Tiger, defeated David Cain, defeated Ra's al Ghul, gave Deathstroke a hard fight the first time, and so on.  The top 5 best fighters on New Earth in order are as follows: 1. Cassandra Cain 2. Lady Shiva 3. Richard Dragon 4. Bronze Tiger 5. BatMan "
Tim Drake was able to one shot Cain and yes I do believe Hawke is better fighter than Bruce. as well Canary was able to rip Deathstroke's eye out and kick him off a building 
#31 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
By that logic, Connor Hawke and Renee Montoya are ahead of BatMan also, and that is not true. Bats has stalemated Shiva, Dragon, Tiger, defeated David Cain, defeated Ra's al Ghul, gave Deathstroke a hard fight the first time, and so on.  The top 5 best fighters on New Earth in order are as follows: 1. Cassandra Cain 2. Lady Shiva 3. Richard Dragon 4. Bronze Tiger 5. BatMan "
Tim Drake was able to one shot Cain and yes I do believe Hawke is better fighter than Bruce. as well Canary was able to rip Deathstroke's eye out and kick him off a building  "
Tim ambushed Cain. It is different than fighting him head to head. BatMan was also able to fight the Sensei. Connor is not better than BatMan. BatMan has done the same things Connor has, plus more.  

What were the circumstances of Canary against Deathstroke?
#32 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
"Tim Drake was able to one shot Cain. "
Do you happen to know the issue? It sounds interesting. I recall Dick one-shooting here but not Tim.
#33 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Tim punched him straight in the face when he opened the door to his cell. And Sensei was murdering Bruce only reason he one was because Sensei is like 100 years old and has not stamina. In Birds of Prey issue 90 I think 
#34 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
Do you happen to know the issue? It sounds interesting. I recall Dick one-shooting here but not Tim. "
I'd have to go digging but it is in the One Year Later story arc in the Robin Series 
#35 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
Do you happen to know the issue? It sounds interesting. I recall Dick one-shooting here but not Tim. "
I'd have to go digging but it is in the One Year Later story arc in the Robin Series  "
If that's the case, I might have it.
#36 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Silver2467: Tim punched him straight in the face when he opened the door to his cell. And Sensei was murdering Bruce only reason he one was because Sensei is like 100 years old and has not stamina. In Birds of Prey issue 90 I think  "
Tim broke Cain out of prison to interrogate him. That is the only instance I know of the two interacting, unless another is simply slipping me.  

I also do not remember that instance with Canary, but I was asking for the circumstances. I do not necessarily require scans, but could you describe the situation? I want to know the context of that fight between Canary and Deathstroke. 

Sensei got a stab wound on BatMan, and BatMan still managed to push him into the fountain. Not to mention, I could make the case that BatMan may not have had full control over himself because of the Suit of Sorrows. 

Tim has humiliated Shiva twice (and I am not referring to the instance where he sent her anesthetic chocolates), and he has staggered Deathstroke on his own. But that does not mean that Tim is superior to BatMan either. This is ABC logic that does not work. BatMan has far more combat feats than Canary or Connor do. Yes, they have very impressive showings, but neither are on his level. 
#37 Posted by Dane (10590 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.
Batman.
Black Canary.

#38 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Tim beat her by confusing her with a hollow bo staff knocked her down she got up and whooped on him. Tim has never done anything to Deathstroke to even slow him down on his own. And Canary has taken down an entire Army of men armed to the teeth by herself with tanks and everything never once being detected she was to fast. She has also defeated Amazonian Gladiators who trained for centuries. 
#39 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Silver2467: Tim beat her by confusing her with a hollow bo staff knocked her down she got up and whooped on him. Tim has never done anything to Deathstroke to even slow him down on his own. And Canary has taken down an entire Army of men armed to the teeth by herself with tanks and everything never once being detected she was to fast. She has also defeated Amazonian Gladiators who trained for centuries.  "
Tim did fight Deathstroke on his own for a short time and did manage to stagger him, but that does not draw the conclusion that Tim is more skilled than BatMan. 

BatMan has defeated Artemis before. He has defeated Amazons during the Amazon invasion in Wonder Woman's third volume. He has plowed through the League of Assassins on his own. None of Canary's combat feats are more impressive nor more numerous than BatMan's are. 
#40 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: I never said the did not fight and what Tim did was nothing to slow him down at all. When Cassandra went all out on Bruce he could not even see her move she was so fast yet Dinah was still able to keep up and fight with her. Dinah was also able to best WW in a sparing match someone Bruce knows is better than him 
#41 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Silver2467:  I never said the did not fight and what Tim did was nothing to slow him down at all. When Cassandra went all out on Bruce he could not even see her move she was so fast yet Dinah was still able to keep up and fight with her. Dinah was also able to best WW in a sparing match someone Bruce knows is better than him  "

Cassandra moving too fast for BatMan is PIS/WIS. BatMan has far better reflexive feats than Dinah does (dodging automatic gunfire point blank, deflecting automatic gunfire with his gauntlets, disappeared right in front of a police officer, caught up to cars on foot, etc.). He has also held his own against Shiva, and Shiva was never too fast for him, despite the fact that Shiva has held her own against Cassandra also. This is why it is ABC logic. Cassandra defeated Shiva. Canary held her own against Cassandra. That does not imply that Canary is superior to Shiva. That is ABC logic, especially considering that BatMan has held his own against Shiva more times than Canary has. 

BatMan has sparred with Wonder Woman also. That proves nothing. Sparring matches are not real fights, because otherwise, Wonder Woman would demolish both. Besides, Wonder Woman was teaching Canary in that match. BatMan has restrained Wonder Woman in their sparring matches. All Dinah did was break Diana's staff. It means nothing. 

Again, BatMan has more numerable combat feats and more impressive combat feats than Canary does. 
#42 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

when did dinah and cassandra fight to a standstill? i remember canary showing her some moves shiva taught her. but they were not actually fighting. batman is the better fighter.
#43 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@charlieboy said:
" when did dinah and cassandra fight to a standstill? i remember canary showing her some moves shiva taught her. but they were not actually fighting. batman is the better fighter. "
Come to think of it, I am not sure either. 
#44 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8737 posts) - - Show Bio

Scenario 1: Bats
Scenario 2: Bats
Scenario 3: Dinah unless Bruce gets some prep.

#45 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Silver2467:  I never said the did not fight and what Tim did was nothing to slow him down at all. When Cassandra went all out on Bruce he could not even see her move she was so fast yet Dinah was still able to keep up and fight with her. Dinah was also able to best WW in a sparing match someone Bruce knows is better than him  "

(dodging automatic gunfire point blank, deflecting automatic gunfire with his gauntlets, disappeared right in front of a police officer
FTR, Cassie has accomplished similar feats.
#46 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:

(dodging automatic gunfire point blank, deflecting automatic gunfire with his gauntlets, disappeared right in front of a police officer
FTR, Cassie has accomplished similar feats. "
Yes, Cassandra has, but I was referring to BatMan's speed feats in comparison to Dinah, not Cassandra. BatMan has greater speed feats than Canary does; not to mention, he has reacted to several metahumans with superhuman speed. 
#47 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Just making sure, I was unclear on your purpose there.

Many of those occasions were either PIS or were under special conditions.
#48 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8737 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll point this out again for those who might forget it. But PIS aside, the only people that can take Cassie at street level are Shiva, Richard Dragon and Deathstroke.

#49 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Silver2467: Just making sure, I was unclear on your purpose there.  Many of those occasions were either PIS or were under special conditions. "
Which occasions? BatMan reacting to superhumans? I am not referring to Flash-level superhuman speed, as that would be immense levels of PIS/WIS. I am referring to characters with superhuman speed and reflexes such as Deathstroke or Artemis, both of whom BatMan has held his own against (in fact, he defeated Artemis). The initial point I was trying to get across is that considering the fact that BatMan has reacted to opponents with metahuman speed, his inability to react to Cassandra is illogical. 
#50 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" I'll point this out again for those who might forget it. But PIS aside, the only people that can take Cassie at street level are Shiva Richard Dragon and Deathstroke. "
Deathstroke already stated that the only ways to take her out are from across the street with a sniper or by getting in her head.

@Silver2467:
Oh. LOL When people talk about Superhuman speed in DC I automatically assume they are referring to the Flash or Superman.