#1 Edited by marvel_boy2241 (2548 posts) - - Show Bio

Start 30 feet apart. In downtown area of city. Morals on for Beast Boy. Morals off and bloodlust for Batman only. Nobody gets prep.It's a random encounter. Standard gear for The Bat.

#2 Posted by mikep12 (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast boy

#3 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2548 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12 I was leaning towards Beast Boy too. I just want to see if any Bat-fans can stretch this.

#4 Posted by Juiceboks (12762 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman doesn't stand much of a chance here. Gar can just turn into a giant anaconda and constrict him until he passes out.

#5 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

Batman doesn't stand much of a chance here. Gar can just turn into a giant anaconda and constrict him until he passes out.

Or Batman just tases him with 10,000 volts of electricity.

#6 Posted by Juiceboks (12762 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

Or just tase him with 10,000 volts of electricity.

Or turn into a Bullet Ant and shut down his nervous system for a couple hours. He has quite a bit of options here.

#7 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

@juiceboks said:

Or turn into a Bullet Ant and shut down his nervous system for a couple hours. He has quite a bit of options here.

I was talking about Batman, and if you read the OP, Gar's morals are on and he is in character...Batman is not.....Gar might get murdered by one of Batman's gadgets.

#8 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

BB

#9 Edited by Carter_esque (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

No matter who is fighting who, the answer is: BATMAN!

#10 Posted by Juiceboks (12762 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@juiceboks said:

I was talking about Batman, and if you read the OP, Gar's morals are on and he is in character...Batman is not.....Gar might get murdered by one of Batman's gadgets.

I figured you were, but I doubt simply tazing him would be enough to K.O Gar. I did read the OP..but I don't see anything Batman could do with standard gear to put down BB especially if he turns into a giant variant of say a sasquatch or bear or tiger.

#11 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

@juiceboks said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@juiceboks said:

I figured you were, but I doubt simply tazing him would be enough to K.O Gar. I did read the OP..but I don't see anything Batman could do with standard gear to put down BB especially if he turns into a giant variant of say a sasquatch or bear or tiger.

Batman has strangled albino tigers and KOed a bear with a Bat-kick....a Sasquatch doesn't exist in DC comics so that's out...like I said...10,000 volts

#12 Posted by Jmarshmallow (11725 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins, handily if you ask me.

He has come out on top against some very powerful creatures, and that's with morals on. I don't see what a morals-on Beast Boy is going to turn into that can stop a no-morals Batman.

Jmarshmallow

#13 Posted by IheartZombies92--defunct (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins, handily if you ask me.

He has come out on top against some very powerful creatures, and that's with morals on. I don't see what a morals-on Beast Boy is going to turn into that can stop a no-morals Batman.

Jmarshmallow

#14 Posted by VMole (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@juiceboks said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@juiceboks said:

Batman has strangled albino tigers and KOed a bear with a Bat-kick....a Sasquatch doesn't exist in DC comics so that's out...like I said...10,000 volts

Loading Video...

The amount of volts aren't what carry the blow, it's the current, and we don't have that stat available for it. Humans can survive and withstand high voltage and low current shocks just fine, though I definitely wouldn't recommend experimenting with it.

#15 Edited by Juiceboks (12762 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

@juiceboks said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@juiceboks said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@juiceboks said:

That's all fine and dandy and I would agree with you..if Beast Boy was only as strong and durable as the animals he turns into. He's not. He's much more physically capable. Beast Boy can turn into mythical animals and cryptids..I mean a phoenix doesn't exist in DC as far as I know. Didn't stop him from turning into one to save Raven IIRC.

#16 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@vmole said:

The amount of volts aren't what carry the blow, it's the current, and we don't have that stat available for it. Humans can survive and withstand high voltage and low current shocks just fine, though I definitely wouldn't recommend experimenting with it.

Well, considering it stopped this.........

I'd say it'd be sufficient...

#17 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

That's all fine and dandy and I would agree with you..if Beast Boy was only as strong and durable as the animals he turns into. He's not. He's much more physically capable. Beast Boy can turn into mythical animals and cryptids..I mean a phoenix doesn't exist in DC as far as I know. Didn't stop him from turning into one to save Raven IIRC.

In that case, show me a morals on Beast Boy turning into a Sasquatch....if not, it's off the list.

As for Beast Boy being stronger than the animals he turns into....prove that. He has gotten manhandled by Slade in the comics and didn't show he was any bit stronger than the animals he turned into. Batman would murder him.

#18 Edited by VMole (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Oh my, a beat cop could have taken down that monster, many of their tasers are rated up to 50,000 volts or even more.

Still, amperage is what determines what can knock a person out, not voltage, stun weapons up to the 5 million volt range are still only capable of just disorienting people and causing them pain.

#19 Edited by Earthquake_2123 (475 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Batman is not Deathstroke and has not had experience facing the Teen Titans for years. ABC logic bro

#20 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@earthquake_2123 said:

@ancient_0f_days: Batman is not Deathstroke and has not had experience facing the Teen Titans for years. ABC logic bro

Lets do a little comparison....

And as for Batman being beaten by Slade....post the next scan where Slade talks about the condition he's in after the fight.....TT hasn't done that to him.

@vmole said:

@ancient_0f_days: Oh my, a beat cop could have taken down that monster, many of their tasers are rated up to 50,000 volts or even more.

Still, amperage is what determines what can knock a person out, not voltage, stun weapons up to the 5 million volt range are still only capable of just disorienting people and causing them pain.

Your point? Cops don't aim for the central nervous system....

#21 Edited by Juiceboks (12762 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

@juiceboks said:

In that case, show me a morals on Beast Boy turning into a Sasquatch....if not, it's off the list.

As for Beast Boy being stronger than the animals he turns into....prove that. He has gotten manhandled by Slade in the comics and didn't show he was any bit stronger than the animals he turned into. Batman would murder him.

I really shouldn't have to..turning into a Sasquatch or some other large bipedal creature isn't out of character for him at all(seriously..it doesn't have to be a Sasquatch). Now ripping him apart as said creature would most certainly be..but I didn't suggest that.

How does Slade manhandling Beast Boy prove your claim? Slade's been embarrassing the Titans collectively for years..including powerhouses like Donna Troy and Starfire. You want proof? Look at the Titans fight with Match(A.K.A Superboy's clone). At one point Gar turned into a T-Rex and pinned him down on the ground. Match had to blast him with heat vision to get himself free. When the Titans took down SBP he took hits from him.

And the OP didn't state whether this was New 52 Beast Boy(the one that's part of the Ravagers) or not. If so..then he'd be more inclined to maul Batman to death.

#22 Edited by Earthquake_2123 (475 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

@juiceboks said:

I really shouldn't have to..turning into a Sasquatch or some other large bipedal creature isn't out of character for him at all(seriously..it doesn't have to be a Sasquatch). Now ripping him apart as said creature would most certainly be..but I didn't suggest that.

How does Slade manhandling Beast Boy prove your claim? Slade's been embarrassing the Titans collectively for years..including powerhouses like Donna Troy and Starfire. You want proof? Look at the Titans fight with Match(A.K.A Superboy's clone). At one point Gar turned into a T-Rex and pinned him down on the ground. Match had to blast him with heat vision to get himself free. When the Titans took down SBP he took hits from him.

And the OP didn't state whether this was New 52 Beast Boy(the one that's part of the Ravagers) or not. If so..then he'd be more inclined to maul Batman to death.

this

#23 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

I really shouldn't have to..turning into some other large bipedal creature isn't out of character for him at all(seriously..it doesn't have to be a Sasquatch and probably wont).

fixed

Now ripping him apart as said creature would most certainly be..but I didn't suggest that.

Batman has physically confronted Slade who has physically handled Beast Boy and has done better than BB ever has on his own. Even Dick Grayson has done well against Deathstroke....As for Match, so what? That's irrelevant to what the original point was and he's probably not even going to turn into a T-Rex like he did against Match to fight Batman. As for SBP, post it.

If it is New 52 Beast Boy, he might actually go in like that but chances are he'd die before that, his feats aren't substantial for him to be used in a thread IMO

#24 Edited by VMole (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@earthquake_2123 said:

Lets do a little comparison....

And as for Batman being beaten by Slade....post the next scan where Slade talks about the condition he's in after the fight.....TT hasn't done that to him.

@vmole said:

Your point? Cops don't aim for the central nervous system....

Tasers by their very operation affect the central nervous system regardless of where you hit, what's your point?

#25 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@vmole said:

Tasers by their very operation affect the central nervous system regardless of where you hit, what's your point?

Depending where they are shot it may take longer to effect the target, I've seen a person pull those prongs out of his arm... he would have been out if he got hit in the back of his head right near his occipital lobe....and not only that.....when you stated that police tasers are 50,000 volts you forgot to mention that it is only to make the initial contact between the Taser probes and the skin. Once contact is made, the voltage drops to about 1,200 volts. Anyway, if Batman can take out a monster he compared to Grundy and Killer Croc with only 10000 volts, how many amps do you think is being applied there?

#26 Posted by OreoAssassin (7560 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast Boy

#27 Posted by VMole (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@vmole said:

Depending where they are shot it may take longer to effect the target, I've seen a person pull those prongs out of his arm... he would have been out if he got hit in the back of his head right near his occipital lobe....and not only that.....when you stated that police tasers are 50,000 volts you forgot to mention that it is only to make the initial contact between the Taser probes and the skin. Once contact is made, the voltage drops to about 1,200 volts. Anyway, if Batman can take out a monster he compared to Grundy and Killer Croc with only 10000 volts, how many amps do you think is being applied here?

People of different builds and health conditions are affected by tasers differently, but they'd sure as hell be dead if they didn't operate at a fraction of the amps needed to cause significant lasting damage to the human body. Some areas of the body are more sensitive to the effects, but Batman is doing more damage simply due to the fact that he launched a friggin' batarang into the monster's head, not due to the amount of volts it carried.

It depends on what the writer feels like how a human crocodile and a super zombie can be affected, there's no given statement on how many amps are being used, but voltage alone does not determine the severity of how one is affected by getting shocked.

#28 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@vmole said:

People of different builds and health conditions are affected by tasers differently, but they'd sure as hell be dead if they didn't operate at a fraction of the amps needed to cause significant lasting damage to the human body. Some areas of the body are more sensitive to the effects, but Batman is doing more damage simply due to the fact that he launched a friggin' batarang into the monster's head, not due to the amount of volts it carried.

Throwing a batarang into the monster's head didn't change it back, as for how the rest of the post, I won't disagree....but Batman has other methods of putting Beast Boy down along with tasing him into submission that his utility belt allows.

#29 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2548 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days What other methods did you have in mind?

#30 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days What other methods did you have in mind?

Acid batarangs....

#31 Edited by Juiceboks (12762 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

@juiceboks said:

I really shouldn't have to..turning into some other large bipedal creature isn't out of character for him at all(seriously..it doesn't have to be a Sasquatch and probably wont).

fixed

@juiceboks said:

Now ripping him apart as said creature would most certainly be..but I didn't suggest that.

Batman has physically confronted Slade who has physically handled Beast Boy and has done better than BB ever has on his own. Even Dick Grayson has done well against Deathstroke....As for Match, so what? That's irrelevant to what the original point was and he's probably not even going to turn into a T-Rex like he did against Match to fight Batman. As for SBP, post it.

If it is New 52 Beast Boy, he might actually go in like that but chances are he'd die before that, his feats aren't substantial for him to be used in a thread IMO

Dick performing well against Slade compared to Gar could very well be attributed to the skill disparity and the fact that Gar doesn't go all out on Slade due to plot/jobbing. Same reason why Raven doesn't just shut him down right off the bat like she usually does in fights. Maybe he was restricted to animal physicals back in classic days..but more recently he's proven to be above that. His powers did evolve over time after all. What do you mean so what? That proves that his animal transformations are physically more powerful than regular animals which is what you're arguing against. I'm not saying he'll turn into a T-Rex..that's just an example to exemplify my point.

I'll try and find the scans of the fight..I'm sure someone else here has them though.

I think Gar tearing Deathstroke's armor with one swipe among other things are enough to argue for him..

#32 Posted by BigCimmerian (10012 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman freezes him, Batman electrocutes him, Batman binds him with grapple gun, it takes 15 ton force to break it. Or he just summons batplane with nuke lol.

#33 Posted by uchiha454 (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

I see Beast Boy turning into a elephant or whale and sitting on Batman, I think Batman loses his intellect when he is blood lusted.

#34 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2548 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days @bigcimmerian I'm on you.

Projectiles are hard to pull off on Beast Boy. He has better than human agility. Even if acid or something landed on him, he has a healing factor. If Beast Boy is in animal form how can he get wrapped up. Turning into small insect should handle that.

Let's just leave the battle as Batman vs Beast Boy not the Bat-jet vs Beast Boy.

#35 Edited by Experio (18205 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats.

#36 Posted by BigCimmerian (10012 posts) - - Show Bio

Projectiles are hard to pull off on Beast Boy. He has better than human agility. Even if acid or something landed on him, he has a healing factor. If Beast Boy is in animal form how can he get wrapped up. Turning into small insect should handle that.

Let's just leave the battle as Batman vs Beast Boy not the Bat-jet vs Beast Boy.

Even small insects could be frozen with cryo pellets.

#37 Posted by Juiceboks (12762 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_boy2241 said:

Even small insects could be frozen with cryo pellets.

Then he can just turn into a larger animal and break out of it. Hell, even as a little bird he's busted through solid rock without any trouble..

#38 Posted by Wolverine08 (47793 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do you keep saying this?

#39 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12020 posts) - - Show Bio

Blood lusted Batman could take this, he'd go in for the kill right away and win it if Beast Boy hesitates at all which I assume he will.

7/10 for Batman since BB has morals on.

#40 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_boy2241 said:

Why do you keep saying this?

I didn't even respond to him cus he typed that.......its just off-putting and he's going to say it every time he replies.....

#41 Posted by Wolverine08 (47793 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2548 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days I'm on you. If you don't want to debate that's fine with me lmao. There are plenty of people here willing to hmu. ROTFLMFAO

@wolverine08 It's a catchphrase when I engage in a debate. But back to the matter at hand...

#44 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2548 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill I'm on you.

Blood lusted Batman could take this, he'd go in for the kill right away and win it if Beast Boy hesitates at all which I assume he will.

7/10 for Batman since BB has morals on

This an interesting notion. Imo bloodlusted Batman wouldn't just go strait for a kill with someone who he doesn't even know. This Batman is smarter than ever and will evaluate the situation and gather as much information as he can.

Where did you hear that Beast Boy hesitates? Quite the contrary my friend. He transforms on instinct. That means he's an animal nearly the instant he senses danger.

You said Batman can go strait for a kill but

how exactly will he kill Beast Boy?

#45 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12020 posts) - - Show Bio

7/10 for Batman since BB has morals on

This an interesting notion. Imo bloodlusted Batman wouldn't just go strait for a kill with someone who he doesn't even know. This Batman is smarter than ever and will evaluate the situation and gather as much information as he can.

Where did you hear that Beast Boy hesitates? Quite the contrary my friend. He transforms on instinct. That means he's an animal nearly the instant he senses danger.

You said Batman can go strait for a kill but

how exactly will he kill Beast Boy?

Bloodlusted means that he wants blood, he will kill first chance he can. Now I don't mean he'll hesitate to transform but when he transforms he may hesitate Batman is rushing at him, he could transform into a number of things but when he transforms he'll probably go into defensive. If he's more known to go for the kill if someone is attacking him let me know and I'll change my answer.

#46 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2548 posts) - - Show Bio

I can show you plenty of scans of Beast Boy attacking without hesitation. I highly doubt that you can show me a scan of Beast Boy hesitating when an ordinary man rushes him. If Batman tries to rush Beast Boy then he gets smacked across the street by a dino-tail. That's the reason his best option is to try to come up with a plan. Also, Beast Boy doesn't go for the kill but he will try to knock Batman out.

#47 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12020 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_boy2241: Okay how about the fact that if he's a dinosaur lets say T-rex he could dodge him wait for him to change into something he can kill then finish this. I think BB has to work harder to win this, then Batman has to.

#48 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2548 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: I'm on you.

That's not how the battle will go down imo. Batman is bloodlusted and they are starting 30 feet apart. Batman will most likely run at Beast Boy because he is bloodlusted. Beast Boy is strategic with his transformations and is likely to wait at the last moment to change. From there, there are hundreds of possibilities to choose from. He could go tick, then to T-Rex at the last moment. For a second Batman will think he teleported or did some sort of transformation but he wont be expecting a T-Rex tail to come out of nowhere. Batman is fearless and bloodlusted for one thing. So, he is likely not to run away. Batman wants BB to die. Once he sees him in human form he will rush him and throw things at him. BB will transform on instinct. What else ya got?

#49 Posted by Jayc1324 (16267 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, he has fought animals like tigers and bear before and even survived a bull stampede so he definitely knows how to fight animals. He could also just use a long range weapon on beast boy like explosive batarangs or a taser. Maybe if beast boy went with a smaller animal or insect he could win but majority goes to batman

#50 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2548 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: I'm on you. What kind of animals do you think BB can transform into? He can transform into any animal not just lions, tigers, and bears(oh my). I'm sure there are hundreds of animals that Batman has never fought. Not only that but someone is trying to kill Beast Boy. So, he wont hesitate to hurt him. Batman has never faced an animal like Beast Boy. Batman fights mindless animals that fight on instinct not logic or intelligence. Beast Boy can think while he is in animal form and can easily switch it up if one animal isn't working out. They already discussed why tasers wont work. Beast Boy can dodge explosives by turning small then back to large. This is standard gear and I can see Batman eventually running out of his toys.