No Caption Provided

VERSUS

The list of anime characters are as followed:

L (Death Note)

Aru Akise (Future Diary)

Jimmy Kudo/Edogawa Conan (Case Closed)

Akira Ijyuin (Man of Many Faces)

Koichi Zenigata (Lupin III)

Loki Ragnarok (The Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok)

Ayumu Narumi (Spiral)

Shinya Kogami (Psycho Pass)

A specific theme of anime/manga characters who are known to be (in their universes) gifted detectives or crime solvers as they also share similar elements within their storylines that involve facing the reality of a cruel world.....

LINKS for info on each character

http://deathnote.wikia.com/wiki/L_(character)

http://futurediary.wikia.com/wiki/Aru_Akise

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Shinichi_Kudo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_Many_Faces

http://lupin.wikia.com/wiki/Inspector_Zenigata

http://detectiveloki.wikia.com/wiki/Loki

http://spiralsuirinokizuna.wikia.com/wiki/Ayumu_Narumi

http://psychopass.wikia.com/wiki/Shinya_K%C5%8Dgami

This is a spiritual successor to my The Doctor vs Anime Team thread as I have decided to create a new set of fun themes that put these characters to the test and have the lesserknown characters along with the more respected characters attain more attention so more people can be aware of them :)

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/the-doctor-vs-anime-team-1565980/

A special thanks to the following debaters as well as individuals who contributed to my The Doctor vs Anime Team thread, thanks for making it such an awesome experience, and thanks for all the support!

afueikawa

Simon_the_digger

_Atomikill_

flashback0180

gjones

reikai

Dratini1331

PrinceAragorn1

nimrods

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

The_Imperator

hudyman

ComicStooge

Hellos

EVA-SHOGOKI

TimeLordScience

saoringturkeys

lukehero

KingOfAsh

JediXMan

SON_of_D3ADPOOL

Man-Of-Steel

DarthAznable

Jmarshmallow

rpottage

Floopay

Keenko

Rules/Conditions

All of the characters on the anime team are in character but they are extremely bloodlusted

Feats from manga and anime can be referenced which includes OVAs

The anime team has 2 weeks of prep

Batman is Pre-52 version but New-52 feats are allowed to be referenced as well as used

Batman has learned that the anime team has kidnapped Alfred, Gordon and Nightwing which angers Batman greatly. The team has kidnapped them after being fooled as well as brought together by an unknown individual who has them tricked into believing that Batman is the enemy within all of their pasts this motivates them to the purpose of wanting to take Batman down.

Batman is in character but can become bloodlusted due to the capturing of those he cares about and the possibility of having no morals is present due to one of the captives possibly dying at the hands of one of the anime characters.

Batman has 1 week of prep

Batman has his standard equipment and is allowed access to his many resources

The battle and war takes place in Gotham City

No Caption Provided

What his enemies think

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Mood Setters

Avatar image for s0n_of_d3adp00l
S0N_of_D3ADP00L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanks for the shout-out Neon! This thread and idea is really awesome, I`m going with Batman here because he`s Batman lol!!! But I know L is going to be the first one to deduce that Batman is Bruce Wayne.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@s0n_of_d3adp00l

No problem!!! I am very grateful for the support of that thread and I`m happy also that the lesser known characters have more of a ground in detail in regards to exposure I want certain underrated series to be appreciated through their characters which is one of the prime reasons I`m creating these themed threads :) I think Batman can win but the anime team has an equal or maybe even greater chance especially with characters like Loki being on the team, are you familiar with any of the other characters?

S0N_of_D3ADP00L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The anime characters I know on the anime team are L, Jimmy and Koich I`m not too familiar with the others but from what I can gather those three could give Batman a good challenge alone in some regards, with some research I can see Loki is quite the force to be reckon with also.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@s0n_of_d3adp00l

Cool :) He definitely is within his respective series he was a top-tier character and had a gifted mind there are parallels with his, character and Jimmy`s which is interesting if you watch both series its more apparent in the inspirations both are awesome!

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

S0N_of_D3ADP00L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That anime looks interesting, I`m going to check it out! To add more perspective to match, I think Batman might come close to running into dead ends when facing the anime team and keeping his mind focused on saving his friends.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperor_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know anything about the anime characters mentioned, but the music is awesome.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NeonGameWave

@emperor_time

Cool and thanks, I agree :) Adds atmosphere as well as meaning which is why I include the Mood Setters its important as it is another type of element to the overall dynamic of battle.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I'll have a look at this a bit later

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DeathHero61

@neongamewave: Batman dies. Especially with my main man Conan/Shinichi there. The deductions and plans he pulls off at the last second are freaking insane. If they all have prep, they would know his styles of combat they would know its suicide to take him on directly, and would set traps not even someone of his mental capacity would be capable of dealing with. With 10 weeks of prep they would also know information on some of the greatest villains he has fought. Giving them a good idea on how they can mix things up for batman. Batman is not taking on this many strategist. He loses here. If he struggles to take down riddler(who none the less is amazingly intelligent) he cannot take on this many intelligent people throwing strategies at him. Conan being a kid would make batman drop his guard even more. Conan could confront him directly and pull of the whole "Normal Kid" act. There will be a nearby bomb being placed and its clearly seen so even a kid could see it, so batman grabs conan and takes him up a building and during that exact second while they are in mid-air, conan can put a transmitter on his shoe. The Conan says "Thanks mister" Walks away then when he is back in a safe location he turns on his Criminal Tracking Glasses which tells the location of anyone in a 20KM radius. Considering the geniuses here, and conan's resources(A.K.A Ai Haibara and Professor Agasa) this distance can probably be extended. Someone on the team could follow batman by car while conan gives directions via walkie talkie and trace him back to his lair. Then since he is a vilgante and pretty much half of gotham wants him dead, they could simply tell all his villains to go to wayne manor and trash everything. Batman would definitely take the bait, because he seems to treasure his identity(which would be revealed if the manor was trashed good enough) too much. He goes there, bites more than he can chew(but does take out some if not most of the villains. Which to be honest just to be on the safe side they all have special collars on them. These collars will instantly knock them out with the flip of a switch(they have tranqualizers all over the collar pointed to the wearer's neck.)

Now this is all assumption, the majority of my scenario is basically assuming that the anime team is allowed to contact their sources for help and im also assuming that some of the people on the anime team are decent with technology. I could be wrong, but they could still beat bats in more simple ways with 10 weeks of prep.

No Caption Provided

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61

Awesome explanation :) Conan is stellar (his respective series Case Closed, is in my Top 5 of anime/manga series of all time) and one of my favorite characters too. I think he would surprise Batman to a considerable degree but we have to remember that Batman has prep too and is known for taking out characters far above his own weight class as his expertise transcend the ideas of finding not the weakness per say but the perfect weakness in his opponents. He has also prepped in a less amount of time in regards to a clocked in ideal time frame for certain specialized opponents. In terms of the Riddler its usually all about context and how he is characterized by that context, Batman in those encounters is usually not always prepared but even though that is the case he comes out as the intellectual superior rather than inferior, and Batman knowing his friends are on the line will go the extra mile beyond the extra mile to save them.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooo...can Batman go on their wikis, look up how skilled at prepping they are, and take that into account when he learns how incredibly resourceful they are?

Because while none of his opponents are, by themselves, smart enough to deduce who Batman is or plan a trap suitable of his talents, together I think they might be too much.

Jmarshmallow

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@neongamewave:

Is this like a gauntlet?...or its Batman vs them all together at the same time?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow

I wouldn`t rule that out of the possibility and Batman could use the Bat-Computer to also formulate strategies or appropriate countermeasures.

That is a good point but I think a bloodlusted Batman would change that and Batman has defeated the Justice League with just the prioritizing of locating that perfect weakness special to them, which I have no doubt he can replicate here to a unique degree :)

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc

Its Batman vs all of them at once, what are you`re thoughts?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@neongamewave: Batman had intimate and personal experience with the members of the Justice League that allowed him to prep against them so effectively. He most definitely would not have that with the Anime team.

Granted, he wasn't bloodlusted against them, and that's a huge advantage for Batman.

A bloodlusted Bats is scary.

Jmarshmallow

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc

Do you have any reasons, how do you see the fight unfolding specifically?

@lukehero

L doesn`t have a Death Note but he`s working with the other anime characters.

@jmarshmallow

While I do agree that Batman`s personal and historical connections allowed him to actively plan as well as decipher his fellow comrades in battle and outside of it, I don`t think it changes the fact that he enriched himself with knowledge pertaining to their weaknesses or what makes them tick. Also Alfred, Gordon and Nightwing are under the capturing of the Anime Team as they can die at any moment possibly once the battle is developing in its uprising.

I agree and he will be most likely bloodlusted in this scenario due to the stakes that are present within the conditions also a amoral Batman is also strongly probable in the outlining of the outcome.

I agree, he`s one character you wouldn`t want to see bloodlusted at all, personally I think in another view of another way he could much well be a much more frightening force than his fellow friend Superman since we know what to expect when he`s bloodlusted which has been interpreted many more times before.

What are the anime characters that you know and based on that, how do you see this entire fight beginning, middle, and end based on the conditions?

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Batman wins this

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: @deathhero61:

The anime team should not be allowed to call in help or even use henchmen. If the anime team is allowed to call in help, this whole thing gets real stupid, real fast. You would have to allow Batman to be able to do the same thing. One call to the JL and Batman stomps.

Ummm, does this Loki guy have magic? If so, I don't see how Batman would compensate for that when Loki has 2 weeks to prep with his team. Outside of that Batman should win the majority, but if Loki has access to magic & stuff, no way should Batman be winning.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane

Do you have any specific reasons?

@lukehero

The Anime Team cannot have access to outside help it is restricted to them and it is primarily a team effort. Batman cannot call in for help either, in terms of Loki he cannot use magic he was by his father Odin banished to Earth and configured into a human form as well as body all he can rely on is his intelligence being a detective as well as crime solver he has no access to magic and even with magic, I still think Batman could find ways around it since he has too much experience dealing with it within his history also even as a JL member he`s pretty much constantly coming to terms with magic as he has encounters with it as well but Loki in a sense would take the majority.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: You didn't read

Now this is all assumption, the majority of my scenario is basically assuming that the anime team is allowed to contact their sources for help and im also assuming that some of the people on the anime team are decent with technology. I could be wrong, but they could still beat bats in more simple ways with 10 weeks of prep.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody else get the feeling that two people here aren't actually two people?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120

What do you mean? Do you have any thoughts on the actual debate?

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mickey-mouse

@neongamewave:

If Batman can use his tech then, Batman clearly wins this. 8/10

@deathhero61: No I did, I was just saying as the OP, he shouldn't allow it.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120

Cool, do you have any reasons why he would win against the anime team though?

@lukehero

Good point but the anime team will be more than a match for him in their own terms.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@bat_girl_cc

Do you have any reasons, how do you see the fight unfolding specifically?

@lukehero

L doesn`t have a Death Note but he`s working with the other anime characters.

@jmarshmallow

While I do agree that Batman`s personal and historical connections allowed him to actively plan as well as decipher his fellow comrades in battle and outside of it, I don`t think it changes the fact that he enriched himself with knowledge pertaining to their weaknesses or what makes them tick. Also Alfred, Gordon and Nightwing are under the capturing of the Anime Team as they can die at any moment possibly once the battle is developing in its uprising.

I agree and he will be most likely bloodlusted in this scenario due to the stakes that are present within the conditions also a amoral Batman is also strongly probable in the outlining of the outcome.

I agree, he`s one character you wouldn`t want to see bloodlusted at all, personally I think in another view of another way he could much well be a much more frightening force than his fellow friend Superman since we know what to expect when he`s bloodlusted which has been interpreted many more times before.

What are the anime characters that you know and based on that, how do you see this entire fight beginning, middle, and end based on the conditions?

I think that Batman would lose, mainly due to being severely out-numbered.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc

Good points and thanks for the explanation :)

I think while its true that the anime team with them being a team will have the numeric advantage and would be able to plot seamlessly as well as simultaneously for how they plan one step at a time, I think Batman has enough experience to give fact to the credibility that he could hold his own and pull it off against the anime team, Knightfall, The Long Halloween and many more storylines relevant to his overall character would be some great examples but with him having prep makes things more interesting in this specific scenario.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Avatar image for writerlfnevermore
WriterlfNevermore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins... With his usual equipment I assume you mean all he has in the cave... Plus his anger... One thing that all heroes agree on in the league is... You don't want to make him angry. Superman has even said he is the most dangerous being in the world. And he has defeated riddler many times... Riddler and bane are haut some of the few people to ever deduce his identity. But with Alfred, dick, and Jim kidnapped, Bruce would go Into overdrive. His intellectual abilities rival that of Einstein. And to the guy up above who says they would let our traps even batman couldn't solve, there's a reason he's called the worlds greatest detective. While I'm not saying he isn't going to be beaten up badly... He is gonna win This...