#1 Edited by Eternalslash (165 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats and Monk have been told to figure out a murder and who commited it.

Who wins?

Also remove Batmans comic feats in this case. Only game and movie feats

#2 Posted by Referee (7386 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman - Comic Book feats easily beat and live action. Plus Batman has no problem getting down and dirty to solve a crime.

#3 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with Batman, while Mr. Monk is a ridiculously effective detective, Batman's comic book feats and track record outshine Monk...plus, Bats has gear and the intimidation factor, AND, and, he never takes 20 years to figure out who killed someone.

#4 Posted by Referee (7386 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

I'd go with Batman, while Mr. Monk is a ridiculously effective detective, Batman's comic book feats and track record outshine Monk...plus, Bats has gear and the intimidation factor, AND, and, he never takes 20 years to figure out who killed someone.

Ha Ha - That is a excellent point.

#5 Posted by Eternalslash (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@Referee: not exactly accurate.

Monk took 20 years Because he was too scared to find out the killer of trudy. He took on masterminds and criminals more smarter an effective than trudys killer. Which proves his fear of actually solving the case.

#6 Posted by Referee (7386 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternalslash said:

@Referee: not exactly accurate.

Monk took 20 years Because he was too scared to find out the killer of trudy. He took on masterminds and criminals more smarter an effective than trudys killer. Which proves his fear of actually solving the case.

Fair point, but I still think it was a funny comment. Plus it does not change the fact Batman wins.

#7 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternalslash said:

@Referee: not exactly accurate.

Monk took 20 years Because he was too scared to find out the killer of trudy. He took on masterminds and criminals more smarter an effective than trudys killer. Which proves his fear of actually solving the case.

The he's not that effective of a detective; he has the ability, but if fear gets in the way of a case, then he does not meet and /or exceed my expectations as a detective.

#8 Posted by Eternalslash (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: Monk Has solved countless cases with hardly no effort, but you decide to overlook those facts and focus on thefear that he had of finding out trudys killer?.

Batman needs all his gear to do what monk does effortlessly. If you locked batman and monk in a room for maybe 4 or 5 hours There is a 90% chance that monk will figure out he is bruce wayne.

#9 Edited by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternalslash said:

@Jayfournines: Monk Has solved countless cases with hardly no effort, but you decide to overlook those facts and focus on thefear that he had of finding out trudys killer?.

Batman needs all his gear to do what monk does effortlessly. If you locked batman and monk in a room for maybe 4 or 5 hours There is a 90% chance that monk will figure out he is bruce wayne.

yeah but the question is who is the better detective, not who has the better detective skills. Batman is a better functioning detective; also, I would like to see Monk uncover and stop a plot from Ra's Al Ghul without the aid of "gear" and do it effortlessly

Edit: I just saw the OP was recently edited to give an advantage to Monk and remove all of Batman's comic feats. Not interested in the thread.

-Salutes-

#10 Posted by hudyman (1702 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: Adrian monk IS The better Detective Period. Batman uses gear to help him solve cases, That does not make him a detective it just shows his ability to use technology.

#11 Posted by Eternalslash (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@Eternalslash said:

@Jayfournines: Monk Has solved countless cases with hardly no effort, but you decide to overlook those facts and focus on thefear that he had of finding out trudys killer?.

Batman needs all his gear to do what monk does effortlessly. If you locked batman and monk in a room for maybe 4 or 5 hours There is a 90% chance that monk will figure out he is bruce wayne.

yeah but the question is who is the better detective, not who has the better detective skills. Batman is a better functioning detective; also, I would like to see Monk uncover and stop a plot from Ra's Al Ghul without the aid of "gear" and do it effortlessly

Edit: I just saw the OP was recently edited to give an advantage to Monk and remove all of Batman's comic feats. Not interested in the thread.

-Salutes-

What is up with you people?. First it was a spite in batmans favor, now its a spite in monks favor?. Make your minds up.