Batman vs a male polar bear

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Enemybird: Or with the hour he has batman can just make a club and bash it in the skull.....but seriously he can handle it with his bare hands... a crocs jaw has about 5,000 lbs of biting power....he broke an amped Killer Croc.....thats about 6000-8000 lbs of biting power.....and he broke that.....with his bare hands ......... yeah that polar bear is less of a threat than catman lol.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By willpayton

@Enemybird said:

In order to make an effective spear out of anything you need tools...batman doesn't have tools. He is better off trying to lure the bear into a trap of some sort... but the problem with that is Hypothermia.

I dont really think he needs tools. As far as wood, it usually breaks with pretty sharp ends. So given some planks or other types of lumber that might be laying around, he's easily strong enough to just break it and make a simple spear from just a broken piece. With metal, yes, it's harder to get yourself a sharp piece. But even then, there might be materials around to fasten a sharp piece (of whatever material) at the end of a piece of metal and make a simple weapon. The thing is, with Batman's speed and strength, almost anything will be a lethal weapon.

I agree that even with his suit, hypothermia would be a problem, but then again we're just talking about 1 hour prep and a quick fight afterwards. Honestly I dont see the bear being able to lay a paw on Batman.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Enemybird

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Enemybird: Or with the hour he has batman can just make a club and bash it in the skull.....but seriously he can handle it with his bare hands... a crocs jaw has about 5,000 lbs of biting power....he broke an amped Killer Croc.....thats about 6000-8000 lbs of biting power.....and he broke that.....with his bare hands ......... yeah that polar bear is less of a threat than catman lol.

I understand what you're saying... Batman posses the ability to beat a polar bear under normal conditions. But in this scenario I just don't see it. He has no resounds to make a weapon... He might be able to hurl a chunk of ice at the bear and knock it out but in a snowstorm i just dont know.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Kinasin_

@Enemybird said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

I understand what you're saying... Batman posses the ability to beat a polar bear under normal conditions. But in this scenario I just don't see it. He has no resounds to make a weapon... He might be able to hurl a chunk of ice at the bear and knock it out but in a snowstorm i just dont know.

Batman takes out Mr. Freeze all the time. He's also taken out enemies in snowstorms numerous times as well. I highly doubt a snowstorm is gonna stop him from killing a polar bear...

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Kinasin_: I totally forgot about Mr Freeze......never mind.....this should be a stomp in Bruce's favor now....he still has the suit on..... that alone he can slash the bear with the blades on the sides....... with the prep.....wow this was one sided from the start....

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By willpayton

@Enemybird said:

In order to make an effective spear out of anything you need tools...batman doesn't have tools. He is better off trying to lure the bear into a trap of some sort... but the problem with that is Hypothermia.

I take back about being able to make a spear. I didnt see the OP says "middle of nowhere antarctica". I thought it had just said "antarctica", so I thought it'd be near McMurdo, or some other settlement, where there are lots of materials around.

But I'll still say he wins. Even with a rock I think Batman is fast and strong enough to win, and the suit should provide enough protection in the cold for a while.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Does the bear get prep too?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By willpayton

@The Stegman said:

I think that'd only matter if it was Yogi Bear.

Avatar image for deactivated-611e764976bba
deactivated-611e764976bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Stegman: Yes.
Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Kinasin_

@WillPayton said:

@The Stegman said:

I think that'd only matter if it was Yogi Bear.

lol

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ARMIV2

...If he doesn't have the gadgets, then what's he need the prep for? Its a polar bear.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Enemybird

@Kinasin_ said: @WillPayton

@Enemybird said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Batman takes out Mr. Freeze all the time. He's also taken out enemies in snowstorms numerous times as well. I highly doubt a snowstorm is gonna stop him from killing a polar bear...

Batman with just the batsuit... no resources to make weapons . temperatures -100F or colder... blizzard going on like video above...how does he win?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Oh, well with prep, the bear stomps, you have any idea what a polar bear with adequate prep time can do???

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#64  Edited By vuviper

@Enemybird: Batsuit is a weapon really, and yes.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Enemybird

@ARMIV2 said:

...If he doesn't have the gadgets, then what's he need the prep for? Its a polar bear.

The climate would likely play a part in the bear mauling batman

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Kinasin_

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said: @WillPayton

@Enemybird said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Batman with just the batsuit... no resources to make weapons . temperatures -100F or colder... blizzard going on like video above...how does he win?

You realize polar bears dig shelters to escape blizzards correct?

soundgarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By soundgarden

I'm going with The Polar Bear for the fact that Polar Bears are real. Batman is not real. So Polar Bear wins.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Enemybird

@Kinasin_: what does that matter? I'm not the OP.. these are the conditions. Batman cant win

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ARMIV2

@soundgarden said:

I'm going with The Polar Bear for the fact that Polar Bears are real. Batman is not real. So Polar Bear wins.

Heh-heh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By 202122

POLAR BEAR STOMPS

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Kinasin_

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_: what does that matter? I'm not the OP.. these are the conditions. Batman cant win

It matters because the polar bear believe or not will be affected as well, and you are showing a blizzard going damn near 107miles per hour. A typical blizzard is 34/35 miles per hour.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Enemybird

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

It matters because the polar bear believe or not will be affected as well, and you are showing a blizzard going damn near 107miles per hour. A typical blizzard is 34/35 miles per hour.

NO Antarctica is the windiest place on earth the blizzards are more severe .. the polar bear is adapted to being quite comfortable in -50F... he wont be affected

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By willpayton

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

NO Antarctica is the windiest place on earth the blizzards are more severe .. the polar bear is adapted to being quite comfortable in -50F... he wont be affected

Batman uses the prep time to kill another bear and make a coat out of its fur. Why, cause he's the godamn Batman. =)

Seriously, even with the stacked odds, I still think Batman can pull it off. But, you are making a good case for the bear Enemybird. You're definitely smarter than the average bear. =D

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Kinasin_

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

That's temperature. It has nothing to do with wind. Why do polar bears make shelters to escape blizzards then? I doubt the OP meant the blizzard was so severe that neither the polar bear or batman can even fight.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Enemybird

@WillPayton said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

Batman uses the prep time to kill another bear and make a coat out of its fur. Why, cause he's the godamn Batman. =)

Seriously, even with the stacked odds, I still think Batman can pull it off. But, you are making a good care for the bear Enemybird. You're definitely smarter than the average bear. =D

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Enemybird

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

That's temperature. It has nothing to do with wind. Why do polar bears make shelters to escape blizzards then? I doubt the OP meant the blizzard was so severe that neither the polar bear or batman can even fight.

It wasn't my decision for the battle to be in a desert. Polar bears do dig to avoid arctic wind... but they should be able to survive/function longer than batman. A blizzard ni Antarctica could easy cause a white out... batman wont be able to see anything... polar bears are invisible to infrared imaging... plus they have the upper hand as far as olfactory senses... Batman is done... unless he yells out for superman to save him lol

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Kinasin_

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

It wasn't my decision for the battle to be in a desert. Polar bears do dig to avoid arctic wind... but they should be able to survive/function longer than batman. A blizzard ni Antarctica could easy cause a white out... batman wont be able to see anything... polar bears are invisible to infrared imaging... plus they have the upper hand as far as olfactory senses... Batman is done... unless he yells out for superman to save him lol

Surviving longer than Batman doesn't give the polar bear the win sadly, and batman's suit is well insulated. I'm sure he will jump on the bears back even during the blizzard and snap it's neck with a punch.

bluepride1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By bluepride1234

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

Not true. The warm heat from the breathing shows up in infrared. Not to mention that the batsuit most definitely has technology to withstand extreme temperatures..

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Enemybird

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

Surviving longer than Batman doesn't give the polar bear the win sadly, and batman's suit is well insulated. I'm sure he will jump on the bears back even during the blizzard and snap it's neck with a punch.

Not only could the Polar bear out survive Batman... Which IS a means for victory. He out classes him in every physical aspect.... Show a scan or give an example of a situation that implies he could survive in this climate.. let alone beat a 10 ft.... 1,200+ lbs carnivorous polar bear with no resources.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Enemybird

@bluepride1234 said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

Not true. The warm heat from the breathing shows up in infrared. Not to mention that the batsuit most definitely has technology to withstand extreme temperatures..

How extreme? If you cant answer that then beat it..

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Kinasin_

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

Not only could the Polar bear out survive Batman... Which IS a means for victory. He out classes him in every physical aspect.... Show a scan or give an example of a situation that implies he could survive in this climate.. let alone beat a 10 ft.... 1,200+ lbs carnivorous polar bear

Dude, are you trolling? I already gave scans of him snapping hush virus killer croc's jaw like a twig, and choking out a tiger. Batman has broken Metahuman's that would turn a polar bear into applesauce. His suit has technology to regulate body temperature.

SNEAKY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SNEAKY

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

Not only could the Polar bear out survive Batman... Which IS a means for victory. He out classes him in every physical aspect.... Show a scan or give an example of a situation that implies he could survive in this climate.. let alone beat a 10 ft.... 1,200+ lbs carnivorous polar bear

Dude, are you trolling? I already gave scans of him snapping hush virus killer croc's jaw like a twig, and choking out a tiger. Batman has broken Metahuman's that would turn a polar bear into applesauce. His suit has technology to regulate body temperature.

Tigers and crocs are no wear close to the size of humans let alone polar bears. they may weigh more than humans, but not anywhere near as durable as a polar bear. the polar bear could just throw snow in batmans eyes then knock him to the ground, sufficate him and batman would die. polar bears are to big and strong im sorry its like saying batman could beat Godzilla. sorry to much durability, not gonna happen.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Enemybird

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

"Let see this fight isnt against a polar bear...or. in the harsh cold without resources... which means its irrelevant and doesn't prove anything i said to the contrary"

-my resposne to the tiger scan

"I understand what you're saying... Batman posses the ability to beat a polar bear under normal conditions. But in this scenario I just don't see it."

- My Response to Croc

But whatever...I hate being accused of trolling... im done

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By VenomousDragon

He supposed to be a normal human, a normal human of his build could not bench a thousand pounds. Batman needs his origin revised so hes a metahuman so his existence isnt filled with so much PIS.

bluepride1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By bluepride1234

@SNEAKY said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

Tigers and crocs are no wear close to the size of humans let alone polar bears. they may weigh more than humans, but not anywhere near as durable as a polar bear. the polar bear could just throw snow in batmans eyes then knock him to the ground, sufficate him and batman would die. polar bears are to big and strong im sorry its like saying batman could beat Godzilla. sorry to much durability, not gonna happen.

So much wrong here..

Tigers and Cros are bigger than the size of humans. Croc

A bear throwing snow in batmans eyes? Whaa...? Bear's aren't that smart, and even if such would happen, batman has his suit. His mask covers his eyes..

A tiger can kill a polar bear, depending on circumstances. So can a croc. In fact, crocs have a higher reactionary speed then polar bears and their jaw bite is far stronger, and with heavy armor around them, it makes it really hard for a bear to kill crocs. Crocs have a higher durability then polar bear, but lack of stamina (on land, that is..).

Are you saying a polar bear is equal to godzilla? That doesn't make sense..

Bat has seen to bench around a polar bears weight, and with 1 hour prep time, in Antarctica with deep snow, a easy victory for him. 1 hour prep means so many traps.

bluepride1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By bluepride1234

@Enemybird said:

@bluepride1234 said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

Enough to stand up to characters that achieve absolute zero. Enough to eject himself from the batwing from high heights where temp is obviously cooler..

It's logic also. http://www.comicvine.com/bat-suit/18-55745/. All that explains his suit abilities. Since Batman is established as a smart person, there would be little doubt for him to make his suit resistance to temperatures that would be seen naturally on earth.

soundgarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By soundgarden

@bluepride1234: Polar Bears are to big. they could tear that suit off of batman then eat Bruce wayne for dinner later that night. they could easily get Batman into a bear hug and kill him. by the way did you use to have a user name called protect ya neck?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#88  Edited By Strider1992

Batman takes one look at that cute fluffy bugger and realizes he doesn't want to hurt it so the Polar Bear sits on him for the win.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_
No Caption Provided
Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Enemybird

@bluepride1234 said:

@Enemybird said:

@bluepride1234 said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Enemybird said:

Enough to stand up to characters that achieve absolute zero. Enough to eject himself from the batwing from high heights where temp is obviously cooler..

It's logic also. http://www.comicvine.com/bat-suit/18-55745/. All that explains his suit abilities. Since Batman is established as a smart person, there would be little doubt for him to make his suit resistance to temperatures that would be seen naturally on earth.

Absolute zero? as in -459F? %^&*^^%&^!!!!!!! I'm sorry but no comic book author is that stupid.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jorgevy

hunters have done it, Batman does it

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ms__omega

@Herokiller12344 said:

This discussion is stupid.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#93  Edited By jumpstart55

Take away the 1 hour of prep, and its a interesting fight.

Batman wins with or without prep.

Batman is by no means a normal man, his physical attributes are almost somewhat superhuman if you ask me.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#94  Edited By Lvenger

That poor bear doesn't stand a chance.

Avatar image for deactivated-611e764976bba
deactivated-611e764976bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55: The Bear has prep though, and he has home field advantage, so to speak.
jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#96  Edited By jumpstart55

@Dailyukulele: Giving a Polar Bear Prep is pointless, its just gonna charge into Batman wants it sees him. I doubt a Polar Bear is smart enough to take full advantage of its prep.

Batman takes this with minimum difficulty.

Hes fought bigger and badder before.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#97  Edited By umbrafeline

lets face facts shall we? we shall

1. batsy canNOT bench 1000 lbs. who does he think he is anyhow some sort of ghastly bodybuilder you see on fitness mags?

2. there are 0 polar bears in the antarctic, just snow, mountains, blizzards, research stations and penguins

3. this is most likely to take place in the arctic, so batsy is without his trusty bat-belt huh. alas poor bruce, we knew him well

winner: polar bear

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChaosBlazer: mine was a joke too

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Batman is still wins .... unless coca cola bear shows up ..... or his cousin Smokey....

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Kinasin_

@umbrafeline said:

lets face facts shall we? we shall

1. batsy canNOT bench 1000 lbs. who does he think he is anyhow some sort of ghastly bodybuilder you see on fitness mags?

Sure he can.

Bruce is shown bench pressing/lifting well over 1000Ibs (notice the number 500 on the plate) which seems to be a regular part of his daily routine presently (Batman #655)

Supporting the weight of an 1000Ibs ceiling (Detective Comics #484)

Shoving a stuck railroad car using his legs with enough force to get it moving and mentioning that the max weight that he can leg press is 2,500Ibs (Batman Odyssey #2)

Swinging around a 600 pound Man-Bat with ease with his grapnel gun (Batman #656)

Despite having to free himself from a straitjacket and benchpress a coffin lid through 600 pounds of loose soil that's suffocating him, he's still able to break free from his own grave (literally). All this while not being in top shape to begin with due to not having rested in days, having been subjected to drugs, and being dosed with the Joker's new Venom toxin without time to properly recover (Batman #681)