Edited 1 year, 6 days ago

Poll: Batman (TDKR) vs Wildcat (13 votes)

The Dark Knight 69%
Wildcat 31%

The Dark Knight Returns Batman vs. Wildcat

No weapons, no prep, just good ol' hand to hand combat!

#1 Edited by swordbrothers (52 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

Well......... Batman is a surgeon. Wildcat is the patient, and there is gonna be an operating table.

#3 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

movie version batman?

#4 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Well......... Batman is a surgeon. Wildcat is the patient, and there is gonna be an operating table.

lol great analogy

#5 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

movie version batman?

The movie version and comic version are the same in this case.

#6 Edited by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_ said:

movie version batman?

there's a comic on bale's batman?

#7 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, Wildcat, this is hardly Batman at his prime while Wildcat never really seems to be effected by his age, at least not in the stories I've read.

#8 Edited by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:

@_cerberus_ said:

movie version batman?

Nooooooo, this is Dark Knight RETURNS. Not Rises.

Returns is on Earth-31 and it takes place 10 years after the JL discontinue. The movie was a direct adaptation of the comic version. Bruce is a little old, but still kicks a$$

#9 Edited by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_ said:

@batman242 said:

@_cerberus_ said:

movie version batman?

Nooooooo, this is Dark Knight RETURNS. Not Rises.

Returns is on Earth-31 and it takes place 10 years after the JL discontinue. The movie was a direct adaptation of the comic version. Bruce is a little old, but still kicks a$$

Ohhh that 1, I saw the first movie I think Batman can pull out a win mostly because he holds back less and Wild Cat is old too!

#10 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_:

TDKR is pretty legendary, it's annoying when people mix it up with the movie.

Because TDKR Bats is pretty much everything Batman is supposed to be.

It doesn't matter if he's outmatched physically, he'll win by smarts, skill, intelligence, planning, and sheer ruthlessness.

He is the night.

He can do anything.

He is the Batman.

#11 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_:

Because TDKR Bats is pretty much everything Batman is supposed to be. It doesn't matter if he's outmatched physically, he'll win by smarts, skill, intelligence, planning, and sheer ruthlessness. He is the night. He can do anything.

He is the Batman.

what if he gets cramps or stubs his elbow against something?

#12 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_:

He got a heart attack and died and still trained an army of Batmen, what is a cramp going to do?

#13 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_:

Why exactly would a cramp stun Batman?

How would the cramp occur?

Why wouldn't Batman just break all of WC's limbs?

#15 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_:

Because Wildcat won't let him?

We're talking about an old man against a dude that due to magic nonsense never really gets effected by aging.

Assuming pre-New 52, I don't even know Wildcat exists in the New 52 honestly.

Also @ any mod who read this, the flag was an accident, I'm not petty enough to flag someone for disagreeing with me. >.<

#16 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_:

1. Cause he's old and still feels pain if a cramp is strong enough he can be overwhelmed with a high sense of pain that stuns him for a while

2. He's old, maybe from running to quick or pushing his body too hard

3. He could lol the physique difference is the only thing preventing me from screaming out loud wild cat gets his nine lives lost.

#17 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#18 Posted by dondave (34729 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is probably more skilled than Wildcat but his physical stats more than make up for that gap in skill

#19 Posted by swordbrothers (52 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason that I like returns Batman is because he is so huge! I thought it would always be cool if some buff like the Hulk or Juggernaut could do karate. So this Batman seemed really cool! The comic and movie was also great (except for Superman LOL). Either way I thought that due to Batman's age that Wildcat would take the majority but it does not seem to be that away. I don't know much about Wildcat. How old is he? Someone said he isn't affected by aging? I just know that he is considered one of the best fighters in DC.

#20 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

Wildcat should win

#21 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@swordbrothers: He's the best Boxer in DC.

He's pretty old but due to magic has 9 lives(or did, he's lost a few) he seems to revert to his physical prime or physical ability around that level after each death. At least that's how it was explained in the JSA/JLA team up I read once(the one where they meet Jakeem Thunder for the first time).

Don't know how his physical stats were doing before the reboot but assuming he was active he should have been in relatively good shape, at least better than Batman was in most of TDKR.

#22 Posted by swordbrothers (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@mysterioususername Thanks. So he is the best boxer in DC. Who is the best martial artist? Is that Bronze Tiger?

#23 Posted by russellmania77 (14624 posts) - - Show Bio

Wildcat is too young, if it was all star batman maybe

#24 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@swordbrothers: Not sure if there's an official "best". Richard Dragon has been mentioned as a possibility.

Although if you count Legion of Super heroes stuff, then Karate Kid is the obvious choice.

#25 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@_cerberus_:

1. Cause he's old and still feels pain if a cramp is strong enough he can be overwhelmed with a high sense of pain that stuns him for a while

3. He could lol the physique difference is the only thing preventing me from screaming out loud wild cat gets his nine lives lost.

A cramp wouldn't happen on someone who trains and warms-up regularly, so I doubt he'd get a cramp.

He was badly beaten and was still going. Shot even and was still going. In the beginning, he was slow and age took a toll, but he had an intervention and improved, so it's like he just got better than he was before.

#26 Edited by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_ said:

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@_cerberus_:

A cramp wouldn't happen on someone who trains and warms-up regularly, so I doubt he'd get a cramp.

He was badly beaten and was still going. Shot even and was still going. In the beginning, he was slow and age took a toll, but he had an intervention and improved, so it's like he just got better than he was before.

so I guess poor wildcat gets domesticated huh?

#27 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_: I wouldn't say it'd be easy at all, seeing as it's Wildcat against an older and slower Batman. Bruce just has the advantage in skill mostly.

If it's a fight in the mud, I'd definitely give it to the Bat. He knows how to use his weight. He'd probably go for nerve strikes to put Ted down.

#28 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_:

Because TDKR Bats is pretty much everything Batman is supposed to be.

It doesn't matter if he's outmatched physically, he'll win by smarts, skill, intelligence, planning, and sheer ruthlessness.

He is the night.

He can do anything.

He is the Batman.

QFT. He is by far the best Batman of any version.

#29 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_: I wouldn't say it'd be easy at all, seeing as it's Wildcat against an older and slower Batman. Bruce just has the advantage in skill mostly.

If it's a fight in the mud, I'd definitely give it to the Bat. He knows how to use his weight. He'd probably go for nerve strikes to put Ted down.

False. The strength and durability of this batman is super human.

Broken Bones, Internal Bleeding, and Dying. Goes for a walk, comes back better than ever!

Super Human strength and even stamina!

#30 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:

False. The strength and durability of this batman is super human.

Broken Bones, Internal Bleeding, and Dying. Goes for a walk, comes back better than ever!

Super Human strength and even stamina!

Isn't all of this the normal main continuity Batman capable of doing? Especially the tree kicking feat. That was canon...

#31 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Not anymore thanks to New 52. Frank Millers Earth 31 Batman is made of 4 volumes.

Year One, All Star Batman, Dark Knight Returns, and Dark Knight Strikes Again. Also Frank Miller said the battle between Spawn and Batman was also Earth 31 Batman. This batman whooped on Spawn!

With New 52 and time continuity, Year One never happen that way for New 52 Batman.

#32 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Not anymore thanks to New 52. Frank Millers Earth 31 Batman is made of 4 volumes.

Year One, All Star Batman, Dark Knight Returns, and Dark Knight Strikes Again. Also Frank Miller said the battle between Spawn and Batman was also Earth 31 Batman. This batman whooped on Spawn!

With New 52 and time continuity, Year One never happen that way for New 52 Batman.

So what you're saying is New 52 main continuity Batman has an entirely different start-out as Batman?

#33 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Pretty much. New 52 is more base in the Millenium, Batman Year One was the 60s. Batman is not 40-50 years old in New 52. He is like in his 20s. Also his traveling the world and return is different as well.

#34 Posted by Amogah (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman curb stomp.

Wildcat has always been DC's pre-eminent boxer and that is a lot but it is not good enough to beat Batman (even old Bats, whom did destroy the mutant leader and Superman and faked the heart attack so I really do not think heart issues are a concern). If they were forced to go toe to toe and box/brawl it might be a Rocky I both fall kinda thing, but in a no holds barred use what you know fight, Batman will destroy Wildcat. The stamina Batman shows in TDKR is practically superhuman and really puts most younger versions of Batman to sham IMHO much less any version of Wildcat. I doubt there is a rougher or dirtier version of Batman (Flashpoint Thomas Wayne not being around long enough to judge accurately), he might be a little slower explaining why he does actually take so many shots, but he keeps coming with nearly no break. Lesser fighters than Batman have beat Wildcat. HTH Wildcat can beat Bruce from Batman Beyond all day long but not TDKR Batman.