#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Bat-Bane & Talon
Bat-Bane & Talon

VS

Sabretooth & Deadpool
Sabretooth & Deadpool

Rules

• Sabretooth has standard bone claws.
  • Only New 52 feats apply to Bane and yes, Bane is in his "Batman" armor.
  • As stated above, the Talon is William Cobb.
  • Characters are not forced to use teamwork but they will not purposely harm one another, either.
  • In character.
  • Random encounter
  • Standard elimination rules apply.
  • Standard gear (for Deadpool, it'll be two swords and a few knives).
  • Hey, know what would be really cool of you? Elaborating. Don't just say "team 1" or whatever, actually say WHY you think they would win. Please, don't make me quote you and ask, "Why?" Oh how I hate doing that.

Gotham City during a rainy night. Begin at opposite ends of a steet. Starting distance is roughly 30 feet and there's various items for cover. Unpopulated and everything is on limits.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Team 1 ftw

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, I was just joking above, while i am not familar or an expert on any of these characters, Id say team 2 actually. Deadpool should handle Talon, better regeneration and I think has more feats to say he cant be KO'd easily. And while Bane is physically the strongest, Sabretooths speed and claws should make up for it.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 juiceboks  Moderator

So..Bat-Bane is just Bane with armor? Does the armor amp him in some way? If not then I don't see either one of these two K.Oing Victor. His healing factor should allow him to withstand William's knives and Bane's blows pretty easily. Likewise..they can't afford to take hits from either him nor Deadpool.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll back Team 2.Deadpool I can see as the most skilled here and when he's serious,he can take either of team 1 due impressive skills,Healing Factor,and durability to go with as well with Sabertooth's own physicals(as he's shown to hang with wolverine in the least)

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fiodestromus

lol, I was just joking above, while i am not familar or an expert on any of these characters, Id say team 2 actually. Deadpool should handle Talon, better regeneration and I think has more feats to say he cant be KO'd easily. And while Bane is physically the strongest, Sabretooths speed and claws should make up for it.

I say this also

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Keep in mind this is New 52 Bane...

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

isnt new 52 Bane a dumb brute compared to Pre-Flashpoint Bane?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I'm going with Team 2 here. Deadpool could take Cobb, as he's not only got the edge in a better healing factor, but also has better feats in hand-to-hand combat. It won't be easy, but considering his arsenal is a lot deadlier than the Bat-Family's, Wade should earn a solid majority over Talon. Sabretooth and Bane is a harder match. Bane is stronger and arguably even more durable, and was able to even overwhelm Batman. Creed is faster though, but not by too much. Bane's also got huge jumping reach. However, if Deadpool or Sabretooth notice the venom tubes and sever them, Team 1 would be at a major disadvantage. Also, if the duos switched, I don't see Talon holding his own against Victor for too long, whereas I do see Deadpool being able to go toe-to-toe with Bat-Bane. Team 2 should win a solid majority of 7/10.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By reaverlation
Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@reaverlation: I haven't read DC in a while. Regardless Team 2 should win.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By patrat18

Team 2.

Avatar image for galacticravenous
GalacticRavenous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Team 2 for a very convincing majority.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dondave

Team 2 for a very convincing majority.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Deadpool >> Cobb.

Bat-Bane >= Sabretooth.

Sabretooth and Deadpool >> Bat-Bane.

Jmarshmallow

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DEGRAAF

I would have to give this to Team 2. While Bane is probably the strongest and smartest im guessing Sabretooth and deadpool are both to fast for him and have skills way beyond his own. While Talon could slow Sabretooth or Deadpool down a little (slightly) i jsut dont see Bane coming up with a trap quickly enough and strong enough to hold both of them unless he decides to collapse a building on them to simply capture and not kill.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did cobbs do something recently? I think he might be the weak link here. I think deadpool can take him otherwise. He did have a good showing against nightwing all though nightwing was wounded (granted he did state it probably wouldn't have mattered if he was wounded or not), and his first fight with batman was pretty neat all though Bruce was holding back and trying to make it look like he was landing "lucky hits".

Its hard to tell if bane is still a skilled fighter in the new 52 as it doesn't really look like he is using a lot of finesse against batman. All though he also did kill some other venom enhanced thugs in his villains month issue. All though I don't know if thats enough to say his skill gap will over come creeds other stats. I think Bane can match sabretooths strength but creeds claws and healing are a pretty big edge even assuming that armor is equivalent to Bruces (I haven't read Arkham war). Without his skill I don't see Bane beating sabretooth personally. He'll get some hits in but Creed will slice him up sooner or later. If he does have some other skill feats (ones that would make him as skilled as he was pre flashpoint) then its closer IMO.

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2, Sabretooth should solo, he is as Strong as the Bat-Bane, faster and has a HF.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nick_hero22

@jashro44 said:

Did cobbs do something recently? I think he might be the weak link here. I think deadpool can take him otherwise. He did have a good showing against nightwing all though nightwing was wounded (granted he did state it probably wouldn't have mattered if he was wounded or not), and his first fight with batman was pretty neat all though Bruce was holding back and trying to make it look like he was landing "lucky hits".

Its hard to tell if bane is still a skilled fighter in the new 52 as it doesn't really look like he is using a lot of finesse against batman. All though he also did kill some other venom enhanced thugs in his villains month issue. All though I don't know if thats enough to say his skill gap will over come creeds other stats. I think Bane can match sabretooths strength but creeds claws and healing are a pretty big edge even assuming that armor is equivalent to Bruces (I haven't read Arkham war). Without his skill I don't see Bane beating sabretooth personally. He'll get some hits in but Creed will slice him up sooner or later. If he does have some other skill feats (ones that would make him as skilled as he was pre flashpoint) then its closer IMO.

I distinctly remember after Bruce holding back and seeing how futile it was he said in the narrative box "No more playtime" or something to that effect. And, him trying to look amateurish would have been pointless since Cobb had killed both of the guards on the top floor and incapacitated the other witness.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By OreoAssassin

Team 2 (nice fight btw!!)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I distinctly remember after Bruce holding back and seeing how futile it was he said in the narrative box "No more playtime" or something to that effect. And, him trying to look amateurish would have been pointless since Cobb had killed both of the guards on the top floor and incapacitated the other witness.

After Bruce said that he put cobbs in a submission hold pretty easily. The only issue he had was putting cobbs down likely due to his healing factor. Cobbs then slammed them out the window IIRC and the fight was basically over.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DEGRAAF

@k4tzm4n: is this not the weekly fight match-up or did you just not make a vote page this time?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@degraaf said:

@k4tzm4n: is this not the weekly fight match-up or did you just not make a vote page this time?

Just made this one for fun and in a rush. I don't think it's balanced well enough, but I still believe it would be an awesome fight to watch. Oh well.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: What are some of "Batman" Bane's feats?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: What are some of "Batman" Bane's feats?

As "Batman," he's defeated Killer Croc and some fodder.

Shaman94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to go with Team 2, Sabertooth and Deadpool. Mainly because of their healing factors.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

No

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jashro44

@k4tzm4n said:

Venoms suppose to make him smarter actually.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Team 1,while Cobb is the weak link Bane has already handled Croc and the Talons,so we already have a good idea how he's likely to perform against Creed and Wade. Not to mention Bane and Cobb have team work and planning going for them.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lesterlawton

Team 2. Healing factors ftw.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the Talon series, it looks like the healing factors of the Talons get better over time. The things that they are tanking eclipse the City of Owls. And I am not talking about Felix.

Bane is on his venom, which does provide the smallest HF here. His boosted strength--and speed-- could keep him competitive.

Sabertooth's lack of range is complemented by his strength and speed. And Deadpool can take everything short of getting his head ripped off. And still be viable until separation.

Giving it to team 1. They have shown a willingness and chemistry to work together for a common goal. Victor and Deadpool would each think they can solo. And they would both be wrong.

If I felt that team 2 would work well together, they would take a truly long fight, given the tactical and strategic style of team 1 pitted against the unlimited healing factors of team 2.