Batman (standard) runs the gauntlet!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I've seen a ton of Batman gauntlets (insider suit, bloodlusted, etc) but none fall under standard conditions. So, enjoy.

No Caption Provided

Rules (these are important... don't skim over them):

-Always a random encounter (that means no prep, people).

-Always begin 50 feet apart on opposite sides, visible but near cover.

-Batman has 7 hours rest between matches. During rest, he has access to:

A) Alfred is waiting in a room with all of the medical supplies from the batcave.

B) An ammunition room with all of his standard weapons... smoke pellets, small explosives, grappling lines, assorted batarangs. Basic stuff, nothing over-the-top like freeze tech or the brain fart card of doom, silly. Supplies to repair his cowl / armor as well.

C) And how could rest be complete without a cozy bed as well?

-Everyone (Batman and his gauntlet foes) are in character, but all are determined to win.

-Batman knows he's going into a series of fights.

-Standard elimination rules apply.

-All gauntlet characters have standard gear.

-All DC characters are pre-New 52

-Batman has no knowledge of the Marvel characters and vice versa.

The Gauntlet:

1) Red Robin & Catwoman

2) Shang Chi

3) Catman & Ragdoll

4) Bullseye

5) Nightwing & Wildcat

6) BuckyCap

7) Bane (no venom)

8) Crossbones

9) Captain Rogers (no shield)

BONUS ROUND

Gambit (no death powers)

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bigcimmerian

Clears it, but it will be tough since he has only 7 hours of rest, he must deal with them fast

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Deranged Midget

Honestly, I see him having massive trouble with Dick and Wildcat. Dick is faster and more agile than Bruce and Wildcat himself taught Bruce once upon a time. Both know his fighting style well and have a good chance of stopping him.

If he get's past them, I don't see him stopping Shiva or Cap.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Deranged Midget:

I don't see him stopping Shiva or Cap.

I can agree with notion, especially since they are at the end.

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Bane breaking the Bat all over again. With just barely a nights rest between these matches he is going to be worn down by these opponents well before he ever makes it to the end.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Andy Steven Summers said:

This is Bane breaking the Bat all over again. With just barely a nights rest between these matches he is going to be worn down by these opponents well before he ever makes it to the end.

Well if you take into consideration of the Batman PIS as of late, he absolutely stomped on Talon while being absolutely starved for days, beaten near to death and stabbed right through the abdomen.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Andy Steven Summers said:

In all fairness, during Knightfall he went with no rest or only a handful of hours at most some days (I think 3 hours was cited once). And, he wasn't even 100% when the whole event began, lol.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shawnbaby

He's going to take a lot of damage in some of these rounds and if he makes it that far...those injuries are going to catch up to him when he takes on Cap. He's not going to clear it.

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: The level of competition he had to face was not at this level either though.

Rounding up his rogue's gallery is no big deal. (Sure it's harder than that comes out) He knows those characters in and out, their strength and weaknesses. While he may still know some of these combatants, there are others he will have no clue as to what to expect. Many of these people can give him a good fight one on one while he is fresh.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Shawnbaby said:

He's going to take a lot of damage in some of these rounds and if he makes it that far...those injuries are going to catch up to him when he takes on Cap. He's not going to clear it.

But what about his gadgets? I doubt that he will fight Shiva and Cap with only his fists, especially if he is injured and exhausted

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Andy Steven Summers: Of course. While I agree the situations are somewhat similar (in regards to fatigue), they both have differences which make them more or less difficult. Here, he's basically doing one fight at a time and gets to rest immediately after. No travel needed, gets full medical attention and can restock his gear. During Knightfall, he was starting in poor condition, had to travel the city and hunt down all of the escape villains. Many provided an assortment of different scenarios for him to face as well (as opposed to direct combat). While overall the combatants were indeed less challenging, he had a mere fraction of the rest time I'm providing him here.

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at 7

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

EDITED OP:

STEVE ROGERS DOES NOT HAVE HIS SHIELD.

kitsokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kitsokk

I don't see him going past 6 or 7. With only 7 hours rest and injuries will make it hard 4 him to surpass two guys with superior physical stats than him. His body will be worn out.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Deranged Midget said:

Honestly, I see him having massive trouble with Dick and Wildcat. Dick is faster and more agile than Bruce and Wildcat himself taught Bruce once upon a time. Both know his fighting style well and have a good chance of stopping him.

If he get's past them, I don't see him stopping Shiva or Cap.

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: I agree there are similarities (obviously) but also agree and understand what you mean with the differences.

Round 1 I do not see him having too much difficulty with, sort of a warm up match. Round 2 he will be faced off against an extremely talented martial artist who will test his own skill, but would win via gadgets, imo. Round 3 I can't say too much on as I do not know Ragdoll at all, but even going with it as an average fight like round one he is going to start feeling his body become sore, if he hasn't already. Round 4 against Bullseye would be a good fight, but Bat should take the majority. Round 5 things pick up and start to get hard. Nightwing alone could give him a decent fight but would lose, and the same can be said for Wildcat. Add in both of them know Bruce pretty well and he has to fight them as a team. He barely makes it out of this one and really appreciates his nights rest. Round 6 kicks in and he realizes his body is starting to slow, these fights are stacking up the odds against him. I have doubts he can get past Kraven at this point. If it was Grim Hunt Kraven I would say he stops here for sure, but for sake of arguments he gets by. Round 7 is stacked against him. A fatigued Batman has to once against square off against them an who broke his back. If, and that is a very bit IF he manages a win here he won't have the energy to get bast Bucky. I do not see him getting passed Bane knowing he had to fight Kraven the night before.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shawnbaby

Cap and Bats are traditionally considered equal. In this circumstance. Batman will not be at his best against Steve Rogers who will be completely fresh. In all honestly,I think i'm being too generous by allowing that he even makes it to Cap at all. The Bat does not clear.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

EDITED OP:

Bane does not have venom.

Kraven is replaced with Crossbones.

Reminder: Cap does not have his sheild.

Second reminder: Batman knows he's going into a difficult challenge tower.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shawnbaby
@k4tzm4n said:

EDITED OP:

Bane does not have venom.

Reminder: Cap does not have his sheild.

Second reminder: Batman knows he's going into a difficult challenge tower.

Yeah, just keep on editing the OP until Batman can clear it. I'm out.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Shawnbaby: Excuse me? It's all about keeping this interesting/balanced and making sure it can generate a good debate. It's not about assuring Batman can clear it, but about making it debatable.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By TDK_1997

Stops at Lady Shiva because he is too tired and has fought too many enemies.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Around six or seven, but I feel he can lose sooner then that.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Shawnbaby
@k4tzm4n said:

@Shawnbaby: Excuse me? It's all about keeping this interesting/balanced and making sure it can generate a good debate. It's not about assuring Batman can clear it, but about making it debatable.

There never was any balance here. Cap and Bats in a straight up fight is debatable. Cap and Bats after Bats has had to run through the rest of this gauntlet...that's not debatable at all...Bruce will lose badly. Even with 7 hours of rest between fights...he's going to be walking into that fight with Cap in a pretty battered state. Nightwing alone would give bats a good fight and he's got a partner in that fight. And that's only the halfway point. 
Avatar image for greenflashlight
Greenflashlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Greenflashlight

Stopped by Cap He would have take to much damage to get here to win

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Shawnbaby: You're disregarding the following:

A) Captain America doesn't have his shield, something many consider a valuable factor in their battle.

B) Debatable not only in the sense of if the character wins, but where they fall.

C) Batman is determined to win, knows he is in a ladder, and has a fair amount of tech at his disposal. I imagine there are quite a few scenarios where he'll rely on gear instead of risking his health in a hand-to-hand encounter.

And regarding Nightwing... Remember that time Batman flawlessly danced around him? I certainly do. A determined Batman is wrecking Grayson, and that's exactly why I gave him a partner.

Don't misinterpret me as saying Batman clears this. That's not what I'm saying, nor have I even said that once. I'm just pointing out this thread has far more life to it than some of the "he's not beating Captain America" remarks. Does he even make it that far? How does his condition remain through the course of each match? So on and so on. People seem to be saying 6 or 7 is where he falls, but where do you think he's most likely to fall?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shawnbaby

Fine. Due to injury and fatigue...he stops at or before BuckyCap.

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gear wise is Batman able to acquire tranqs between battles?

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silver2467
@Shawnbaby said:
Nightwing alone would give bats a good fight
Bruce Wayne Fugitive says otherwise.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ReVamp

@Shawnbaby said:

@k4tzm4n said:

There never was any balance here. Cap and Bats in a straight up fight is debatable. Cap and Bats after Bats has had to run through the rest of this gauntlet...that's not debatable at all...Bruce will lose badly. Even with 7 hours of rest between fights...he's going to be walking into that fight with Cap in a pretty battered state. Nightwing alone would give bats a good fight and he's got a partner in that fight. And that's only the halfway point.
  1. Which is why he's editing.
  2. Which is why Cap doesn't have the shield. Therefore editing.
  3. Assumptions.
  4. Nightwing would get pimp slapped by Bruce left and right. And that's already the halfways point.

I'd say that Bruce stops at Bucky Cap, if this is everyone with Standard equipment. He's not getting past Shiva.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Just give Batman some poison and then he can give Shiva a chocolate cake before the battle. :P

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NEEK_03

@k4tzm4n said:

No Caption Provided

I've seen a ton of Batman gauntlets (insider suit, bloodlusted, etc) but none fall under standard conditions. So, enjoy.

Rules (these are important... don't skim over them):

-Always a random encounter (that means no prep, people).

-Always begin 50 feet apart on opposite sides, visible but near cover.

-Batman has 7 hours rest between matches. During rest, he has access to:

A) Alfred is waiting in a room with all of the medical supplies from the batcave.

B) An ammunition room with all of his standard weapons... smoke pellets, small explosives, grappling lines, assorted batarangs. Basic stuff, nothing over-the-top like freeze tech or the brain fart card of doom, silly. Supplies to repair his cowl / armor as well.

C) And how could rest be complete without a cozy bed as well?

-Everyone (Batman and his gauntlet foes) are in character, but all are determined to win.

-Batman knows he's going into a series of fights.

-Standard elimination rules apply.

-All gauntlet characters have standard gear.

-All DC characters are pre-New 52

-Batman has no knowledge of the Marvel characters and vice versa.

The Gauntlet:

1) Red Robin & Catwoman

2) Shang Chi

3) Catman & Ragdoll

4) Bullseye

5) Nightwing & Wildcat

6) Crossbones

7) Bane (no venom)

8) BuckyCap

9) Lady Shiva (unarmed)

10) Captain Rogers (no shield)

1. easy win for bruce. takes him 15 min to defeat the two, or less. he has beaten Tim in a sparring session limiting himself to 3 types of mma only in less then 7 min.

2. clears with moderate prob

3. clears with some degree of difficulty.

4. bullseye isnt too much diff then dead shot or any other assasin he has fought, bruce with gear makes easy work of him.

5.You make think fatigue plays a part here, it wont. he wont be too badly wounded from the prior fights, and given the hours he has bruce can obtain the equivalent to 2 days of rest. he can fit one day in 3 hrs of sleep. nightwing and wildcat will be very hard, he knows dick's style and as good as dick is, bruce can take him down without too much trouble, adding wild cat makes it tough, but bruce gets through it. heavy damage taken.

6.-8 bane is tough but he clears, there will be no "breaking of the bat" bane did that when bruce was ambushed at the cave, he was exhausted, and at that time not his usual self. sort of in a depressed wanting to quit mood.in the rematch bruce defeated him.this time bane has non of that going for him, plus no venom. its done.

9. is the toughest round, as i see him pretty much equal with shiva in h2h, luckily he has his gadgets here giving him the advantage, he will be wounded and tired here, even though he can obtain 2 days rest after each fight with an hr to restock and fix his suit. with his injuries and slight fatigue but also gadgets balancing it out best bruce can get is prob 5/5 here. fresh with gadgets he takes 6-7.

so if he makes it to 10.

10. i thnk with no sheild, after barely geting by shiva rodgers will take him 7ish out of 10 times. maybe more.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ReVamp

@Supreme Marvel said:

Just give Batman some poison and then he can give Shiva a chocolate cake before the battle. :P

I think chocolate bars are where its at.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Shawnbaby
@ReVamp said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@k4tzm4n said:

1. Which is why he's editing.
  2. Which is why Cap doesn't have the shield. Therefore editing.
  3. Assumptions.
  4. Nightwing would get pimp slapped by Bruce left and right. And that's already the halfways point.

I'd say that Bruce stops at Bucky Cap, if this is everyone with Standard equipment. He's not getting past Shiva.

Funny how you say "assumptions" about what Batman's physical condition would be if he made it to Steve when even you don't think he will even be able to make it that far. I'd say my "assumptions" line up with your opinion pretty well.  

My problem was that first he said "Standard Equipment" and then he started taking away "Standard Equipment"... it gave me the impression he was trying to rig the gauntlet in Batman's favour. 
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ReVamp

@Shawnbaby said:

Funny how you say "assumptions" about what Batman's physical condition would be if he made it to Steve when even you don't think he will even be able to make it that far. I'd say my "assumptions" line up with your opinion pretty well.

The difference is that you're attacking K4tz for making the thread better.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He clears it

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shawnbaby
@ReVamp said:

@Shawnbaby said:

As i said, at the time...in my view...he was not trying to make the thread better...it looked more like he was trying to rig it for Batman to win. It seems i may have been mistaken.  

As for you, regardless of you may feel about my "attack", you shouldn't dispute one of my arguments when you are going to turn around and prove it's validity. It ends up weakening your entire stance. 
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ReVamp

@Shawnbaby said:

As i said, at the time...in my view...he was not trying to make the thread better...it looked more like he was trying to rig it for Batman to win. It seems i may have been mistaken.

Whatever floats your boat.

As for you, regardless of you may feel about my "attack", you shouldn't dispute one of my arguments when you are going to turn around and prove it's validity. It ends up weakening your entire stance.

Its not the same. My view is regardless of the point I made. I may have the opinion that he won't even make it to Cap, but it doesn't mean that I am right. My opinion is debatable, much like yours is. I was breaking down your argument in an unbiased manner, to show you that not all of your statements are correct. Saying that Batman will reach the end in a "pretty battered state" is subjective (in the context with which it was given). So know, it doesn't make my stance weaker, because I didn't even give an argument or started debating it, I merely voiced an opinion.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Shawnbaby

What i am saying is that by attacking my opinion and then saying something that supports it...the strength of your own attack is weakened. I was just handing out some helpful advice. 

Doesn't Matter. I've stated my opinion on what happens with the new rules. Batman won't make it past BuckyCap. If Bane Still had Venom...he wouldn't make it past that point. 

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Shawnbaby said:

That was exactly my intention. Thank you.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ReVamp

@Shawnbaby said:

What i am saying is that by attacking my opinion and then saying something that supports it...the strength of your own attack is weakened. I was just handing out some helpful advice. Doesn't Matter.

I'm not attacking your opinion. I'm saying it may not be right.

Its not because no one has yet to disprove it, that's the beauty of debating.

@k4tzm4n said:

Shut up and just give me the cash you bribed me with.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp said:

@Shawnbaby said:

What i am saying is that by attacking my opinion and then saying something that supports it...the strength of your own attack is weakened. I was just handing out some helpful advice. Doesn't Matter.

@k4tzm4n said:

I have no e-cash, but I think you'll like my announcement:

http://www.comicvine.com/wolverine/29-1440/wolverines-best-battles/92-660776/?page=5

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ReVamp

The problem that's occurring with the battle forums is that this is no longer a place to debate battles, its a "give-your-opinion-on-who-would-win-and-move-on" place, which is absolutely killing the place. People have a completely different perception of what these forums mean now, than they have before. The chance you find a good debate now is about 1 in every 40 battle you actually think about and then again they never actually are fully completely. And rarely with "new" users. And I say "New" users, because I consider myself new and as such I'm talking non-vets of the site.

/rant.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp: That's why I was pushing for elaboration. How does Batman fare after every battle? Where is he likely to lose? Will he act differently given the rules? So on and so on.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ReVamp

@k4tzm4n said:

@ReVamp said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@k4tzm4n said:

I have no e-cash, but I think you'll like my announcement:

http://www.comicvine.com/wolverine/29-1440/wolverines-best-battles/92-660776/?page=5

Y U NO GIVE ARMLESS TIGER MAN A CHANCE? Here I was all happy and shiet that he was getting a place and all that and you go ruining my glee with some random ass character no one has ever heard of called Nightwing. Such a tease.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ReVamp

@k4tzm4n said:

@ReVamp: That's why I was pushing for elaboration. How does Batman fare after every battle? Where is he likely to lose? Will he act differently given the rules? So on and so on.

Out of every viner you do that the best. Erik used to do it well too. But you make it easy for people to get into debating, so some major props for that.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp: Gracias, senor.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp: I only understood the first two words.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp said:

@k4tzm4n: Podes sempre usar Google Translate.

Habla usted ingles?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ReVamp

@k4tzm4n said:

@ReVamp said:

@k4tzm4n: Podes sempre usar Google Translate.

Habla usted ingles?

Non, je ne parles pas le Anglais, porquoi?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ReVamp: Oui.