• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dockman123 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is known as one of the best planning superheroes in all comics. I want to test it to its limits :)

We still need a reasonable boundaries to work with so with 6 months prep-time, intel for both sides, and all the resources he has related to his fortune, and also alien resources (ex. kryptonite). How would he fare against one on one with any superheroes, super villians..., or character we know.

Battlefield: Anywhere on earth.

Distance: Anywhere Batman chooses

Morals are on. (so Batman cant kill, but supervillians can)

I am giving a lot of advantages to Batman, but i want him to fare against any character we know of...except maybe reality benders and such.

#2 Posted by patrat18 (9582 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow your first post is a flame war. Everybody knows Batman isn't the best prepper in comics. He's just the more popular than the others. Oh and In before lock.

#3 Posted by dockman123 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he would lose against powerhouses like the hulk, without any particular weaknesses like kryptonite.

#4 Posted by dockman123 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: Oh i see my bad, i really was just curious about the responses and what they thought lol

#5 Posted by patrat18 (9582 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: Oh i see my bad, i really was just curious about the responses and what they thought lol

On a side note that picture is badass.

#6 Posted by dockman123 (7 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Strider92 (16290 posts) - - Show Bio

So many people could beat him I just cannot be bothered to make a list that long.

However: Doom, JonCon

#8 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who is above standard JL, or Avenger level is out of his league. Specially if they have no known weakness. That's quite a long list, which I'm not bothering to write..

@patrat18 said:

On a side note that picture is badass.

#9 Posted by Hurrikane4eva (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm power houses could easily beat him, I would say that he might be able to beat the lower tiered heroes, like Green Arrow, or The Huntress...

#10 Posted by Hurrikane4eva (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he might be able to create a tranquilizer for the hulk...given that he can sneak up on him, and give a strong enough dose lol before hulk rips him apart

#11 Posted by Equilbrium (229 posts) - - Show Bio

With prep batdude owns

#12 Posted by Jmarshmallow (5146 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I would like to disagree with you when you said Doom would win. The only time Doom seems to win with prep is when he's dealing with retarded, yet somehow nigh-omnipotent, characters.

Jmarshmallow

#13 Posted by Wolverine08 (41190 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Doom.

#14 Posted by time (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

Magik would be able to beat him. Why do people create these threads.

#15 Posted by scorpion2501 (5527 posts) - - Show Bio

Eveyone? Really? You should have limited it to street levellers. A lot of characters could solo.

#16 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait... Everyone at the same time!?!?!

If it was one at a time he could at least take out a few guys but all at once! Hell no!

#17 Edited by MonsterStomp (17024 posts) - - Show Bio

John Constantine is the best preper in DC. Batman doesn't even make top 3.

#18 Posted by OfficialRikudouSennin (631 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#19 Posted by Strider92 (16290 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

LOL

You may lol but currently its true. JonCon has some of the best prep feats in DC espeically if you're going by just New 52 showings.

#20 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9115 posts) - - Show Bio

@dockman123: the doctor god stomps him

Any MIB agent reducers him into wondering why he is wearing spandex.

Realsticly any super powered peeper could beat him

#21 Posted by Iragexcudder (4601 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone without PIS could beat him.

#22 Posted by Juiceboks (8558 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I would like to disagree with you when you said Doom would win. The only time Doom seems to win with prep is when he's dealing with retarded, yet somehow nigh-omnipotent, characters.

Jmarshmallow

Doom has soloed the Avengers unprepped on multiple occasions. Nevermind what you said isn't accurate at all..how the hell does Batman beat him?

#23 Posted by amseaton (240 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has defeated villains as powerful as Darkseid by shooting him with a radion bullet. He has gone toe to toe with Superman using a kryptonite ring. He has even bested the Hulk in a ridiculous crossover.

However, the outcome of any battle is more often a result of an editorial decision rather than logic. A writer could always dream up a scenario where any character bests another character despite ability, power levels, etc....

#24 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9080 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman loses pretty bad.

#25 Posted by dondave (36583 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

Wow your first post is a flame war. Everybody knows Batman isn't the best prepper in comics. He's just the more popular than the others. Oh and In before lock.

#26 Posted by Thitiki (3516 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@patrat18 said:

#27 Posted by darkseid1006 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman isn't one of the best prepers in comics he's just one of the most popular.

There are many better prepers than Bruce Wayne and there are a lot of people who could beat him even with Batmans 6 month prep the best prep feats he has are his contingency plans from JLA: Tower of Babel and possibly TDKR but that's non mainstream so...

However I seem to remember occasions where Batman has beaten Darkseid with prep so I would say there are a lot of characters that he could beat and equally a lot that he couldn't.

#28 Posted by Juiceboks (8558 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman isn't one of the best prepers in comics he's just one of the most popular.

There are many better prepers than Bruce Wayne and there are a lot of people who could beat him even with Batmans 6 month prep the best prep feats he has are his contingency plans from JLA: Tower of Babel and possibly TDKR but that's non mainstream so...

However I seem to remember occasions where Batman has beaten Darkseid with prep so I would say there are a lot of characters that he could beat and equally a lot that he couldn't.

Name one.

#29 Posted by darkseid1006 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: well IMO these are the superheroes he could beat

1. Superman

2. Flash

3. Green lantern

4. Plastic man

5. Superman

6. Martian manhunter

7. Aquaman

8. Namor

9. Thor

10. Hulk

11. Captain America

12. Wonder Woman

13. Iron man

14. Hawkeye

15. Black widow

These are just a handful of who he could beat with 6 months prep there are a lot more powerful ones who he could also beat as long as they don't have prep themselves which I don't think they do. Do they?

And if you want I will give you some villans.

#30 Posted by Wolverine08 (41190 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseid1006: I believe he was asking you to name the occasions where he beat Darkseid.

#31 Edited by Valdemocnij (533 posts) - - Show Bio

And people say that i make absurdly threads ?

#32 Posted by Juiceboks (8558 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseid1006 Just like Wolverine08 said, I was asking you to name an instance where Batman has beaten Darkseid. Though I am curious as to how you think Batman could beat Thor and Hulk..never mind all the other top tier characters that just so happened to be in Tower of Babel..

#33 Edited by The_Imperator (1926 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos, the Doctor, most high end Time Lord scientists, JonCon, and quite a few others can easily out prep Batman.

#34 Posted by bflynn316 (625 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he could find ways to take almost anyone, given the Tower of Babel run. He might need more than six months for some opponents.

#35 Posted by BigCimmerian (8108 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins against everyone ever shown in any form of media.

/Thread.

#36 Edited by Experio (15400 posts) - - Show Bio

He loses triple the time he wins

#37 Edited by darkseid1006 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@amseaton: @wolverine08: @juiceboks: well I can't actually remember its just it rings a bell for all I know it may have been a in a elseworld or a non cannon crossover sorry for being so vague it was my fault for bringing it up without being able to remember the instance ask amseaton he may know when it was.

Personally following what happened in Tower of Babel I think Batman can handily take Thor and Hulk as he has intel on both of them I see him making some sort of gamma nulififying ray or something and turning Hulk back to Banner and with Thor I see him isolating him from his hammer and depending on which version he will either revert to Don Blake or just be greatly weakened yet however he does it with 6 months prep I say he could easily develope contingency plans for them both.

#38 Edited by Juiceboks (8558 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseid1006 Not only does Thor not have that handicap anymore..but how would Batman seperate Thor from Mjolnir? he has called it from lightyears away and IIRC it has traveled through dimensions to get to him. There isn't any conceivable way Batman can take down Thor. As for Hulk..only top tier energy manipulators like SS have been able to drain banner COMPLETELY of gamma radiation. Assuming he's even smart enough to build a gamma draining device powerful enough to drain the Hulk(he's not but whatever..) how would he use it? A satellite like Tony utilized is something Hulk could avoid by..ya know..moving. A gun he would have to accurately hit Hulk with it and again, Hulk should be able to move out of the way. I don't see how Batman can beat either of them..

#39 Posted by Jmarshmallow (5146 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: Did you not see me say "prep"?

Saying that Doom unprepped can beat the Avengers is all fine and good, but that has nothing to do with my statement at all.

"The only time Doom seems to win WITH PREP..."

Jmarshmallow

#40 Posted by Wolverine08 (41190 posts) - - Show Bio

Saying that Doom unprepped can beat the Avengers is all fine and good, but that has nothing to do with my statement at all.

Jmarshmallow

Your statement about when Doom wins with prep was utterly ridiculous at that too.

#41 Posted by Juiceboks (8558 posts) - - Show Bio

Jmarshmallow

Strider made the comment that Doom would beat Batman and you replied saying that you disagreed with him. That's what I was referring to when I gave the example of how big a threat Doom is unprepped compared to Batman who..well..doesn't come anywhere close. With prep he's done much more than just beat "retarded, yet somehow nigh-omnipotent, characters." And I still beg the question..how the hell does Batman outprep him?

#42 Posted by JokingPhilosipher (1 posts) - - Show Bio

This is fun...ok I wanna give my opinion...I think one thing to really notice would be that batman not only has the prep time...but also his choosing of the battlefield...and even though that doesn't sound much of an advantage against big powerhouses, I think it is for a few. Like the main thing I believe is that powerhouses like Thor or hulk don't have superhuman senses(do they?) so they would not be able to sense someone like batman cause he might not be the best prep dude, he still has a lot of skills like ninjutsu...now I think he will probably get stomped by Thor easy, even if he can sneak up one him, but for someone like hulk, he might be able to get close enough to shoot tranquilizers or something like that at the hulk, not saying it would work every time, but since hulk is a rage monster, and gets more powerful as gets madder, calming him would be the best option right? Batman might think like that, cause he doesn't have like iron man level technology to fight powerhouse with like hulk busters, he's a stealth guy which I think does make a lot of difference. :)

#43 Edited by amseaton (240 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks : @darkseid1006 Batman beat Darkseid using a radion bullet (which goes against everything Batman stands for.. Thank you Grant Morrison). To be fair, Batman was hit Darkseid Omega Sanction, which led to his apparent death.

Also,even though Batman did not physically beat Darkseid, he did get him to release Kara. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE5RXhPwlKc

#44 Posted by darkseid1006 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: right Loki used magnetic powers to separate Thor's hammer and from him so Batman could probably do something along the same lines and Loki also used a shield to prevent Thor from using his hammer I'm not saying Batman has a shield that he could use but I'm saying Thor has been separated from his hammer before using certain means and Batman made plans to take the whole league why couldn't he just create a plan like he did the rest of them?

On Hulk I never said drain him did I o said nullify this means that it could e anything from a counter radiation to a series of rays or projectors that make a area that nulifies the gamma radiation and neutralises it a bit like making a reaction similar to acid and alkali making the gamma radiation neutral I never said anything about draining. Yes Batman could do this because in Tower of Babel he made a substance called red kryptonite to react specifically with kryptonian genes I don't see why he couldn't do the same with gamma radiation especially since gamma radiation isn't hard to find in 6 months he could defiantly analyse and find out how to neutralise it.

#45 Posted by Ironshinobi88 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom
Franklin Richards
Lex Luthor

among others.

#46 Posted by Juiceboks (8558 posts) - - Show Bio

@amseaton He shot a severely weakened Darkseid with a bullet made of the very substance that he's weak against, however he died right afterwards so if we leave it at that then it's a stalemate at best(at stalemate literally any of us could have gotten if we were in the same situation)..though if we go in further we could note that Darkseid didn't even die from the bullet so Batman failed to beat him at all.

Not only did it not make any sense that Batman was tanking hits from Darkseid even with a parademon harness..Darkseid agreed to Batman's terms only to boomtube himself to Earth a few moments later to get what he wanted..not much of a victory there IMO.

#47 Posted by Juiceboks (8558 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: right Loki used magnetic powers to separate Thor's hammer and from him so Batman could probably do something along the same lines and Loki also used a shield to prevent Thor from using his hammer I'm not saying Batman has a shield that he could use but I'm saying Thor has been separated from his hammer before using certain means and Batman made plans to take the whole league why couldn't he just create a plan like he did the rest of them?

On Hulk I never said drain him did I o said nullify this means that it could e anything from a counter radiation to a series of rays or projectors that make a area that nulifies the gamma radiation and neutralises it a bit like making a reaction similar to acid and alkali making the gamma radiation neutral I never said anything about draining. Yes Batman could do this because in Tower of Babel he made a substance called red kryptonite to react specifically with kryptonian genes I don't see why he couldn't do the same with gamma radiation especially since gamma radiation isn't hard to find in 6 months he could defiantly analyse and find out how to neutralise it.

Loki used magic to do that IIRC. Which would make more sense considering..that's what he's known for. How does making plans for people he's worked with for years translate to him beating Thor even with knowledge of him? I don't understand your line of thought here..

Counter radiation? Seriously? I mean I know this is comics we're talking about here but don't pull random sh!t out of nowhere. There is no such thing as a type of radiation that neutralizes gamma rays..that's absurd. Red kryptonite was created with the very mineral Superman is weak against..combined with the radiation that depowers him. And who knows how long that took to create? Gamma radiation is actually pretty hard to find if you knew what emitted it..

You give Batman waaaay too much credit based on one PIS ridden story that didn't involve him taking down anybody..

#48 Edited by darkseid1006 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: nope Darkseid agreed to his terms and let Supergirl be he went for superman as he was not part of the agreement Darkseid only fought back after supergirl attacked him protecting superman so it was a fault in the agreement he still stalemated him either way.

So fine he stalemated Darkseid given any of us could have done the same once we where in the situation that would mean creating the Radion bullet and getting in front of Darkseid he still was able to stale him by using his weakness.

#49 Edited by Juiceboks (8558 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseid1006 said:

@juiceboks: nope Darkseid agreed to his terms and let Supergirl be he went for superman as he was not part of the agreement Darkseid only fought back after supergirl attacked him protecting superman so it was a fault in the agreement he still stalemated him either way.

So fine he stalemated Darkseid given any of us could have done the same once we where in the situation that would mean creating the Radion bullet and getting in front of Darkseid he still was able to stale him by using his weakness.

What did Darkseid even lose really? One follower versus the whole planet full he has and the many more he could and has gotten in the past? He's a villian..what does one human's word mean to a being of his stature? I can see how this could be considered a stalemate..but let's not paint it as if Batman actually accomplished anything.

No..that would only mean us aiming a gun and pulling a trigger against a Darkseid who could barely stand..not exactly a legit encounter is it? And like I said..the only person that actually died in the encounter was Batman..so how does Darkseid not win here? It's like if I fire an RPG at you at the same you shoot me with a M9. I only get fatally wounded but you end up getting blown to pieces..who won out of us two?

#50 Posted by darkseid1006 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: humm let me think…if you know everything about someone it kind of equals out to a much higher probability of a win if you've got six months to plan for it for instance if I was going to fight you and I had intel on you this includes your personality and special abilities (which I higher doubt you have) and if you know that characteristics of a person then it gives you a very good idea of how they will react when put in a situation essentially that's what knowing and working with people gives you a idea of who they are and their personality although its at a greater extent

When I said counter radiation it meant to counter the radiation I wasn't concentrating when I wrote that but your saying in both Universes DC and Marvel nothing could be invented to neutralise gamma rays this is incorrect even in reality gamma radiation can be absorbed by lead in reality and I the DC universe I seem to remember mon-el being given a anti-lead sirum I see no reason why there can't be a lead sirum and seeing as its mixed universe IIRC Adamantium has pierced hulks skin perhaps a Adamantium bullet containing a lead sirum so that when the bullet/s pierce Hulks skin his gamma radiation is absorbed by the lead sirum.

However I'm not as good with prep as Batman and he should easily be able to create contingency plans he did it witht the whole JLA for gods sake.