Batman (Nolanverse) vs John Diggle (Arrowverse)

• 187 results
HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@super_mod: He does it more frequently because Nolan Batman is a movie and it is discontinued. We do not know everything he is capable of. And as I have said it's just an opinion it doesn't matter yours or others.

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_mod: He does it more frequently because Nolan Batman is a movie and it is discontinued. We do not know everything he is capable of. And as I have said it's just an opinion it doesn't matter yours or others.

Terrible counterargument is terrible. We do know everything that DK Batman was capable of and his complete story was told when the trilogy wrapped. Unless you can prove that Nolan intended to expand his series beyond the trilogy then you have no leg to stand on. Just do yourself a favor and quit while you're still behind.

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By HelixFlameYT

@super_mod: Dude you shoulda quit when I said its my opinion. You can have your own.

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Super_Mod

@helixflameyt said:

@super_mod: Dude you shoulda quit when I said its my opinion. You can have your own.

Why are you even here (on this forum) if you're not gonna debate? Picking sides and defending and then defending that side via debating is what this forum was designed for. In any case, since you don't seem to even understand the fundamental purpose of this forum, I see no reason to continue wasting my time with you.

Good day

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Dark Skin > Dark Knight

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_mod: So yet you don't know what opinion means got to dictionary.com. And second of all Inalready debated and you told me to google it. Why don't you google it yourself its even. I stand by my opinion. Don't start it up again until you google opinion and figure out what it means.

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Super_Mod

@helixflameyt said:

@super_mod: So yet you don't know what opinion means got to dictionary.com. And second of all Inalready debated and you told me to google it. Why don't you google it yourself its even. I stand by my opinion. Don't start it up again until you google opinion and figure out what it means.

Stop tagging me. You aren't even here for the right reasons and no credible user on this forum is ever going to take you seriously, especially after reading through this exchange. Prepare to get ignored...a lot.

Good day.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 rogueshadow  Moderator

Threads like this are just predicated on personal feuds and popularity nowadays.

Death-Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't know Dig was a bada** in the tie in comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is sad. Batman beats the crap out of diggle. Diggle has never beaten anyone with actual skill. Hell he got his ass kicked by Deadshot. Batman is faster in combat speed, has much better gear, better striking power, more skill, and greater durability.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman stomps

Avatar image for the_new_red_game
The_New_Red_Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

This thread is sad. Batman beats the crap out of diggle. Diggle has never beaten anyone with actual skill. Hell he got his ass kicked by Deadshot. Batman is faster in combat speed, has much better gear, better striking power, more skill, and greater durability.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Diggle can win with guns. But Nolan Batman wins hand to hand IMO. He is quicker in combat and I don't think he is far behind in terms of strength. Neither really has a good track record in there universe all though admittedly the arrowverse is probably tougher overall with the super humans and stuff Diggle fights. All though Diggle does have a tendency to get taken by surprise which is good for batman since he is good at stealth.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen some MASSIVE under rating of both Diggle AND Nolan Batman. I'll give my two cents anyway.

Even for a highly trained pistol shooter, shooting a darkened target, moving quickly, and effectively using cover at 100 feet is not a good idea. What's more, I don't think Diggle would waste his bullets at that range.

The same is true for Batman wasting his batarangs trying to hit Diggles gun hand at that range, he'd have an even more difficult chance of making the shot. There would be some serious cat and mouse going on for a bit.

I AM confident that N Batman could get close enough to Diggle, that he could employ distraction weapons against Diggle, to close distance, but NOT before getting shot, at least once. Whether the armor takes it, or it's a gap shot, and goes in him is chance, either way N Batman has shown some impressive durability feats, he'll be sucking but not out of the fight. He'll probably also have landed a batarang or two in Diggle, who will probably have reacted fast enough that they don't hit anything vital.

At this point, it's hand to hand, and Diggle is at a MAJOR disadvantage, (In which case, he'd go for his knife). Sorry, but with all the armor, his skill, and the blades on his gauntlets, I don't see John winning this, he might even get into some of the weaker points of Bruce's armor and get some cuts in, but this is Batman's fight. Just the way I see it.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By linsanel_Doctor
nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman still stomps. Honestly better a just about everything.

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow has trouble and struggled taking down a single henchman in the latest episode.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman still stomps. Honestly better a just about everything.

Well Batman is an expert fighter but Diggle too is an expert fighter so it should actually be a stalemate because they must be even.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#132  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Diggle wins, he finally beat a named character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diggle beat that guy with the big hammer last week, which was a nice fight, but he still hasn't improved that much from what I've seen. He still needs to actually beat someone established. Even if he beat Thea in sparring or something like that, that's be one of his better feats in straight hand to hand.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: When did diggle beat Thea in a spar?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: He didn't, my meaning was that IF he ever did something like that, then it would probably be one of his best hand to hand feats, because from what I remember he's never beaten anyone with an established, high skill level

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By nfactor1995

@nickzambuto: However to be fair Diggle is hardly a master of combat. Giving top tiers a somewhat hard time (aka not being fodderized) does not make one a master or an expert.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diggle wins, he finally beat a named character.

What was the characters name?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK I only finished up to the end of season 3. Did Diggle get better along the way and if so by how much?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: However to be fair Diggle is hardly a master of combat. Giving top tiers a somewhat hard time (aka not being fodderized) does not make one a master or an expert.

There are different levels of "master."

Chuck Norris is a master fighter.

Chuck Norris wouldn't stand a chance against John Diggle.

Oliver Queen was supposed to be a master fighter.

But then we got introduced to Ra's al Ghul, who is also a master fighter.

By your system, of one "master" just being equal to another "master", Oliver and Ra's should have been on par. But that clearly wasn't the case. That's why feats are needed. To differentiate between the different levels of "master."

Now Diggle has never beaten anybody established in one-on-one. I don't see why that's a problem, because Batman hasn't either. He was defeated by both Ra's and Bane, and only came out on top due to extra circumstances/his own planning. But he's never fought a superhuman like Ravager. And he's never so much as stood up against somebody as advanced as Al Sah-Him. In both cases, the "extra circumstances" were actually going AGAINST Diggle, because against Ravager he was ambushed and hit before the fight could even begin, with a kick that would undoubtedly kill most normal people, but he got up and fought back meaning he was already injured, and he was fighting a character duel wielding swords while all he had with him was a nightstick. Against Al Sah-Him, he was fighting a bloodlusted and superior trained opponent, while using his opponent's preferred weapon which he was almost completely unfamiliar with. And he still held his ground for almost three minutes.

Ravager is absolutely superior to Bane and Al Sah-Him is absolutely superior to Henri Ducard. So if Diggle could do just as well against them as Batman does against their inferior counterparts, WHILE the extra circumstances were going against Diggle but for Batman, why exactly shouldn't Diggle be proven the better fighter?

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman stomps the somehow no longer winless Diggle.

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
MiracleComeBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dig

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: You must not have seen my other post where I took everything back that I said in the Deadpool thread...lol I'm not even convinced that Diggle is better than Chuck Norris but whatever I don't want to have that discussion. Both of those instances are hilarious examples of PIS, unless you want to admit that Diggle is above the likes of Nyssa and Malcolm. And Ravager is barely skilled at all and displayed pretty much none of the advanced stats of other Mirakuru soldiers. She may have been slightly superhuman, but nothing extreme obviously. The feats of one soldier do not translate over to the rest.

The one Batman feat of him beating 12 guys in 21 seconds is better than anything Diggle has shown and is enough to win him the fight. In fact, that scene is more impressive than almost any fodder wrecking scene in the entire Arrowverse.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure Bruce has Diggle beat in speed, but i doubt his various gizmos will be of much use here. He's not likely to go all Rorschach and shoot Digs in the face with his grapnel gun, or use his batarangs or explosives that effectively, and Diggle wont just stand around and let Bruce throw stuff at him, so this will end up being decided by their fists. I don't think there's a huge difference in skill, strength and durability, but Bruce's body armour does give him a serious boost in the last two categories. It might mean he's slower than Diggle, though.

I think Bruce would win after a decent fight, unless Diggle shoots him in the head the moment he has a clear shot, assuming a handgun is part of his standard gear in this scenario.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diggle takes it.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: You must not have seen my other post where I took everything back that I said in the Deadpool thread...lol I'm not even convinced that Diggle is better than Chuck Norris but whatever I don't want to have that discussion. Both of those instances are hilarious examples of PIS, unless you want to admit that Diggle is above the likes of Nyssa and Malcolm. And Ravager is barely skilled at all and displayed pretty much none of the advanced stats of other Mirakuru soldiers. She may have been slightly superhuman, but nothing extreme obviously. The feats of one soldier do not translate over to the rest.

The one Batman feat of him beating 12 guys in 21 seconds is better than anything Diggle has shown and is enough to win him the fight. In fact, that scene is more impressive than almost any fodder wrecking scene in the entire Arrowverse.

I do think that Diggle is on the same tier as Nyssa, yes. It's slightly inconsistent that John could do better against Al Sah-Him than Malcolm did, but nothing particularly "hilarious", as you put it. Just a great showing for Diggle.

Now Ravager was trained PERSONALLY by Slade. He nearly "trained her to death" as she herself put it. That certainly puts her above generic fodder in skill, and the fact that she could duel wield swords makes her far more dangerous than somebody like Solomon Grundy or Roy. Sounds to me like you've just decided on what level you want to put Diggle at, and now you're just desperately making excuses in the face of my solid proof to try and keep him there. Stating that Ravager was only "slightly" superhuman? Where is your actual proof for that? Everything that I say is backed up by facts. That's how we know I'm right. You're just using headcanon. There's nothing to imply that Ravager was particularly weaker than any other Mirakuru user, unless you think that getting pumped with bullets and coming back from the dead, and tanking getting rammed by a speeding van aren't up to par with what other Mirakuru users could do.

Diggle can actually top that feat of beating 12 men in 21 seconds. Flashbacks of his time in Afghanistan show him and his convoy getting ambushed by Taliban insurgents. Diggle describes these Taliban as the most ruthless and utterly fearless group of fighters he had ever scene, before the smoke from the initial ambush could even clear, they had slaughtered his entire troop and stuck a hatchet in his back. Before any of this started, a scarf was thrown into the air (as a signal). Diggle goes into a rage, and before the scarf reaches the ground, he rips the hatchet out of his back and singlehandedly kills all of the Taliban. This story is actually what led to Oliver recruiting Diggle as his partner.

Batman has Diggle in speed, that much is clear. But in everything else, Batman doesn't have the feats to match up. Diggle just lives in a world where he needs to be capable of doing so much more.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. Diggle skips leg day.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers