This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MonkeyStarship (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Weapons: GA- 15 normal arrows, 1 grappling arrow, 3 small throwing arrows and a knife

Batman- 5 batarangs, grappling gun, EMP gun, and 5 smoke pellets ( like the things he through at bane)

Win by K.O or Death , no prep

Who wins this?

#2 Posted by ThePRez (269 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#3 Posted by Pokeysteve (7007 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan's Batman can't dodge like comic Batman. Arrow's weapons are to kill. Batman's weapons are to distract.

Batman should lose here.

#4 Posted by MonkeyStarship (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve: Remember theatricality and deception are powerful agents. lol

#5 Posted by beautifulrevery (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been done before. It was determined that Arrow(excuse me, the hood) takes it. Better h2h, more lethal, laxer morals.

#6 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13839 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

This has been done before. It was determined that Arrow(excuse me, the hood) takes it. Better h2h, more lethal, laxer morals.

Why the hell don't they call him Green Arrow in the show? that is bat-sh!t retarded.

#7 Edited by Shawnbaby (9301 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonkeyStarship said:

@Pokeysteve: Remember theatricality and deception are powerful agents. lol

Yes, they are...and IMHO...Oliver uses them better than Bruce did.

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@beautifulrevery said:

Why the hell don't they call him Green Arrow in the show? that is bat-sh!t retarded.

Same reason why Clark wasn't "Superman" in Smallville. It's supposed to build up to that.

#8 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@beautifulrevery said:

Same reason why Clark wasn't "Superman" in Smallville. It's supposed to build up to that.

Tom's father aka the well-dressed man did recommended the name "Green Arrow".

#9 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13839 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: What are they going to call Wonder Woman in her show? Princess Sparkles? Wonderous? The-chick-that likes-to-tie-guys-with-her-rope?

#10 Posted by Shawnbaby (9301 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: What are they going to call Wonder Woman in her show? Princess Sparkles? Wonderous? The-chick-that likes-to-tie-guys-with-her-rope?

Why do they have to call her anything? Clark wasn't called anything. Oliver doesn't officially have a name either. He's either "The Man in the Hood" or "The Vigilante". Why does it matter what they are called?

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;

Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.

What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,

Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part

Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!

What's in a name? that which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet;

So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,

Retain that dear perfection which he owes

Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,

And for that name which is no part of thee

Take all myself.

#11 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13839 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: There was a point where Clark was called The Blur, and now they are calling Ollie "Arrow" from the last episode that I saw.

#12 Posted by Shawnbaby (9301 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: There was a point where Clark was called The Blur, and now they are calling Ollie "Arrow" from the last episode that I saw.

Seems you missed the point entirely.

Names aren't important.

#13 Posted by beautifulrevery (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

It's supposed to build to it. This is an origin story(I guess, kind of?)

#14 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13839 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: I know they aren't but it's kind of annoying. Especially with GA, It didn't bother me when Clark called himself "the Blur" because Superman isn't a good vigilante name. But Green Arrow is a pretty good name.

#15 Posted by Shawnbaby (9301 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: I know they aren't but it's kind of annoying. Especially with GA, It didn't bother me when Clark called himself "the Blur" because Superman isn't a good vigilante name. But Green Arrow is a pretty good name.

Green Arrow is actually a pretty silly name. "The Hood" is a much better name. But again...it's supposed to build up to him becoming the Green Arrow. Right now...he's just a vigilante that's just starting to see the Big Picture.

#16 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13839 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: lol, well GA, is still a better name than Superman.

And that's it, we end the conversation here because this is a dupe thread.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/arrow-vs-batman/738106/