• 163 results
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jashro44 said:

@super_soldierxii: There pretty small. If we are assuming they are standard gear it wouldn't be a stretch to say he has more than one with him. Even if it restrains him for a few seconds it will at least send wolverine flying in a direction batman wants him to go which will make it easier to try something else like ice or something else along those lines.

Alright. I'll see if I can look into it. Let me know if you find the issue though.

I don't see how sending Wolverine flying a few feet in any given direction constitutes a majority win, or does anything other than belay the inevitable Jash. It might get him lucky enough to score a few wins conjoined with a freeze pellet or two ... but I think it's a convoluted hail mary win to give a majority based on that alone.

It might be better to open up with freeze pellets right away I guess rather than magnets. Thing is batman knows about wolverine here. With basic knowledge I think batman is smart enough to avoid H2H against wolverine, and take advantage of the distance. If it weren't for knowledge I would go with wolverine or if they began closer but under these conditions? I see Bruce avoiding melee. We know he does have experience with healing factor characters in court of the owls as well. He might open up with an explosive, see that not work and than try a bat bola, see that fail and than go for ice. He has quite a bit of time to try different methods. With his grapple gun and such batman can maintain distance as well.

The only problem now that I think about is if Damian charges head on batman might have to follow to save him. To be honest he might be better off alone here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I thought he was knocked out but OK thanks for that info. @super_soldierxii: You said many have tried to debate him winning and all have failed...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@jashro44: I thought he was knocked out but OK thanks for that info. @super_soldierxii: You said many have tried to debate him winning and all have failed...

Wolverine was still standing and the lightning created a crater in the ground:

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@super_soldierxii said:

@jashro44 said:

@super_soldierxii: There pretty small. If we are assuming they are standard gear it wouldn't be a stretch to say he has more than one with him. Even if it restrains him for a few seconds it will at least send wolverine flying in a direction batman wants him to go which will make it easier to try something else like ice or something else along those lines.

Alright. I'll see if I can look into it. Let me know if you find the issue though.

I don't see how sending Wolverine flying a few feet in any given direction constitutes a majority win, or does anything other than belay the inevitable Jash. It might get him lucky enough to score a few wins conjoined with a freeze pellet or two ... but I think it's a convoluted hail mary win to give a majority based on that alone.

It might be better to open up with freeze pellets right away I guess rather than magnets. Thing is batman knows about wolverine here. With basic knowledge I think batman is smart enough to avoid H2H against wolverine, and take advantage of the distance. If it weren't for knowledge I would go with wolverine or if they began closer but under these conditions? I see Bruce avoiding melee. We know he does have experience with healing factor characters in court of the owls as well. He might open up with an explosive, see that not work and than try a bat bola, see that fail and than go for ice. He has quite a bit of time to try different methods. With his grapple gun and such batman can maintain distance as well.

The only problem now that I think about is if Damian charges head on batman might have to follow to save him. To be honest he might be better off alone here.

See, those are "scenarios" but again, seems like stretching to grant a majority win.

1. Batman will not maintain distance while his son and Nightwing are at risk by grappling and remaining at range. He wouldn't risk them taking aggro from who he knows to be a near unstoppable killing machine.
  2. Wolverine is not dumb. Doubt he'll just waltz into Batman's traps and let Bruce completely clown him on home turf advantage. Wolverine's just as stealthy, if not more so due to enhanced senses, than Bruce. Especially on Logan's home turf. Brings me to my next point;
  3. They are fighting at Wolverine's school. And they're going to use the environment to "their" advantage? I mean, I don't want to be nasty, but the school is a living danger room. Wolverine could literally sick the entire school grounds on the hapless Bat family via a simple voice activated command. We want to start talking about who has the tech advantage here? Not even going to mention Krakoa ... oops.

It's a silly loophole I wasn't going to mention ... but seeing as how we want to work hard to avoid seeing the three actually fight, and work scenarios wherein Bruce might, kind of, sort of maybe win using this and that doohiky ...

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

You said many have tried to debate him winning and all have failed...

No need to paraphrase. You can cut and paste what it is I actually said. I will not repeat myself. It's all clearly stated on the preceding page. Having it read your way, intimates that I said Bruce loses in every debate. Ridiculous. I said no such thing.

One last time: all credible, and well fleshed out debates held on the Vine over the years, revolving around Batman fighting Wolverine in a random encounter, without extra advantages or disadvantages bequeathed, leave a common and well known consensus on the Vine that Wolverine takes a clear majority over Batman.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By jashro44

@super_soldierxii:

1. Yea this is why I put the last sentence. All though they all have basic knowledge so I don't think nightwing will do that. Damian might though which is a problem.
  2. I never said he was dumb but they begin visible in daylight and the bat family have all kinds of sensors in their costume. It may not be as good as wolverines enhanced senses but it will be hard to get the drop on the bat family. And better at stealth than batman? Wolverine is better than nightwing and Damian but no way is he better than batman. The guy pulls houdinis on superman and co all the time.
  3. Fair point and I guess wolverine wins in that case. I haven't read many issues of wolverine and X-men (I tried 2 issues and dropped it), i will be reading spider-man and the X-men though so I'll know what sort of traps Logan can use than. I also admit that I didn't consider the location and forgot to look at the environment. I was assuming they were in a city environment as well so my bad.

I think if this weren't taking place in wolverines school wolverine would lose though.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They will break their hands trying to punch wolverine's adamantium corpse.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@super_soldierxii:

1. Yea this is why I put the last sentence. All though they all have basic knowledge so I don't think nightwing will do that. Damian might though which is a problem.
  2. I never said he was dumb but they begin visible in daylight and the bat family have all kinds of sensors in their costume. It may not be as good as wolverines enhanced senses but it will be hard to get the drop on the bat family. And better at stealth than batman? Wolverine is better than nightwing and Damian but no way is he better than batman. The guy pulls houdinis on superman and co all the time.
  3. Fair point and I guess wolverine wins in that case. I haven't read many issues of wolverine and X-men (I tried 2 issues and dropped it), i will be reading spider-man and the X-men though so I'll know what sort of traps Logan can use than. I also admit that I didn't consider the location and forgot to look at the environment. I was assuming they were in a city environment as well so my bad.

1. It is a problem. And I do think Damian is more a hindrance than anything else in this fight. Agreed.
  2. Ok, but you're stating they would be baiting Wolverine, laying out traps, while hanging out at range, and Wolverine's going to stumble right along and say "duh, ok". I don't see them pulling that off in Wolverine's own school (even assuming the danger room remains dormant, and Krakoa the living island sleeps through it all). Deadpool spent a whole issue doing it with lethal weaponry, rocket propelled grenades and the works and he couldn't pull it off ... and Logan was actually letting him!! Let's actually try to agree that they have to fight one another shall we? Otherwise, it all just gets convoluted and "what ifish".
  3. As to stealth, I think there are solid feats from both. I might work on having you think twice tomorrow. Not into the "scan orgy" think tonight. Too much effort required.

I think if this weren't taking place in wolverines school wolverine would lose though.

I don't think you can say that without knowing what the new environment would be. I think, realistically, Wolverine is a terrible fight for these three due to the make-up of their respective abilities and how they play off one another. But to each his own.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Depends on gear. With prior knowledge, the Bats family wont hesistate to use the big guns, as they know how deadly of an opponent Logan is. If they have the proper equipment to incap Logan (or anything else) than they should be able to win. If not, they're shredded into pieces

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: Really tired right now so if I misread something or misstate something apologies. I'll skip the part about Damian since we are in agreement he is a liability here.

1. Ok, but you're stating they would be baiting Wolverine, laying out traps, while hanging out at range, and Wolverine's going to stumble right along and say "duh, ok". I don't see them pulling that off in Wolverine's own school (even assuming the danger room remains dormant, and Krakoa the living island sleeps through it all). Deadpool spent a whole issue doing it with lethal weaponry, rocket propelled grenades and the works and he couldn't pull it off ... and Logan was actually letting him!! Let's actually try to agree that they have to fight one another shall we?Otherwise, it all just gets convoluted and "what ifish".

Not laying out traps just keeping their distance. As for deadpool all though this is true, deadpool isn't as tactical or serious as batman and I would need to go over what deadpool tried specifically, but he was doing things like trying to drop a piano on wolverines head (which is pretty impractical in combat) and kept using explosives and bullets. Batman is smart enough to realize that taxing wolverines healing factor will be more difficult than taxing a talons. And he did use ice against them in forever evil as well so its not out of question.

I could probably think of some other methods for batman to win. If Bruce can set wolverine up to tag him with something like bat bola or grapple line that could be an option. All though admittedly not his best bet given wolverines experience with spiders. All though maybe batman can stun him with a explosive and than toss a bola or something.

1. As to stealth, I think there are solid feats from both. I might work on having you think twice tomorrow. Not into the "scan orgy" think tonight. Too much effort required.

I understand. My problem is that there aren't really a lot of characters in the marvel universe that have senses on par with people like superman and martian manhunter. And the ones that do are mostly in space, the only earth based hero I remember with those kind of senses was sentry but I don't believe wolverine has ghosted him. I know he's met gladiator a few times all though not sure if gladiator has senses on par with superman let alone someone like martian manhunter (who has 9 different senses). Batman has to many high end feats with the JLA in stealth for me to say someone can match him from marvel to be honest. Stealth is one area where Bruce can say he is king in terms of marvel and DC.

I don't think you can say that without knowing what the new environment would be. I think, realistically, Wolverine is a terrible fight for these three due to the make-up of their respective abilities and how they play off one another. But to each his own.

Well I was thinking in a more city based environment or some such. As for Logan being a terrible fight to be honest batman is one of the most versatile street levellers around. With the exception of people who can blitz him, people who can't be restrained or harmed by batman, or people who are equally as versatile batman, batman has the potential to beat any street leveller. The problem IMO is writers don't have batman use his gear often enough and he seems to go hand to hand a lot.

However if batman was fighting someone like wolverine, had distance and knew what he was up against....I don't see him going hand to hand. Bruce is smart enough to realize thats a terrible idea. I think Logan would normally beat him because up close Bruce has no counter for Logans claws beyond dodging which he can't do for long since they have comparable speed and skill and wolverine can't be harmed by batmans punches. I also don't think batman would use gear as his first instinct without knowledge. Its just these conditions are a lot more favorable to batman. Without knowledge under standard battle forum rules (beginning up close) I agree wolverine is a terrible fight. But under the right conditions I think Bruces odds go up.

I just want to make it clear I think Bruce needs knowledge and distance to really win. And than nightwing can run interference if its needed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: It's still a broad claim that's hard to prove. And yeah it is a common opinion but it's just that- opinion. Not fact. It can be argued and debated, and I disagree.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#112  Edited By Jestersmiles

@jayc1324 said:

@super_soldierxii: I really think he could. And I'm not so sure "all have failed". That's a very broad statement.

Loading Video...

With out prep Batman gets stomp. There nothing he can't do to Wolverine that will even hurt him. Stop being naive.

Avatar image for deathstroke_terminater
deathstroke_terminater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: I don't think he's outmatched in every category except versatility, which matters for a lot anyways.

Just a couple things he could use to incapacitate Wolverine are freeze pellets, fast hardening adhesive foam, knockout gas (but i think I've seen scans of Wolverine shrugging that off) and maybe an electrical attack, since he has used a taser that made Superman exclaim in pain before.

Oh, and I'm sorry about kind of butting into your argument with Jash, but there's no way Wolverine's stealth is better than Batman's.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman alone is a close match. Team wins handily.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles: Have you ever heard of a magnet? Logan can be beat with one. And batman has them. You're the naïve one.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

This thread is just more proof that Wolverine is one of the most wanked characters on the Vine.

Admittedly, I did kind of make this thread to see how powerful people would place Wolverine.

Anyone who has said that Logan wins with ease, it would be nice to see a clear argument made for him just so I can understand how tough he's seen as.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman: Again, he is one of the most wanked characters on the Vine.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Admittedly, I did kind of make this thread to see how powerful people would place Wolverine.

Anyone who has said that Logan wins with ease, it would be nice to see a clear argument made for him just so I can understand how tough he's seen as.

What do you want to know specifically?

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: So, I know the character fairly well but I don't understand how he is able to easily defeat a team of skilled fighters who use strategy and gadgets as one of their specialties. I see how he can beat them but not with ease, that's the bit that gets me. Does the Vine put Wolverine on a level where he's able to take (although not without being KOed eventually) World War Hulk's hits or where the Punisher can hold his own?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: So, I know the character fairly well but I don't understand how he is able to easily defeat a team of skilled fighters who use strategy and gadgets as one of their specialties. I see how he can beat them but not with ease, that's the bit that gets me. Does the Vine put Wolverine on a level where he's able to take (although not without being KOed eventually) World War Hulk's hits or where the Punisher can hold his own?

Well depending on the scenario wolverine could win without much trouble. This isn't one of those scenarios but I think if there was a lot less distance wolverine would win handily. All though to answer your question the vine has always had mixed opinions of wolverine. Some people lowball, some people highball, and a few have him placed at the level he actually is at.

There are a lot of different opinions on wolverine.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@jestersmiles: Have you ever heard of a magnet? Logan can be beat with one. And batman has them. You're the naïve one.

How many times has he used magnet ? what twice? yeah that so standard gear. w/e keep being delusional.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles: What? Youre just mad he has magnets on him to beat Logan. Magnet have always been part of his standard gear.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Jestersmiles

@jayc1324 said:

@jestersmiles: What? Youre just mad he has magnets on him to beat Logan. Magnet have always been part of his standard gear.

Yeah that why he barely uses them, right. I am not mad , I am not just blinded like you. There a difference.

In a random Encounter the bat man gets stomps. Easily.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman: Again, he is one of the most wanked characters on the Vine.

Again, no he really isn't. He actually has far fewer fans on the Vine than all other Iconic heroes (i.e. Batman, Spider-Man ... even the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman are far more popular).

And really, it's obvious you don't like the character and have very limited knowledge with regards said character, so I really don't see you as overly objective and / or qualified to place Wolverine, or what he's capable of, in any set barometer at all whatsoever.

@thedandyman

I don't recall anyone stating Logan wins with ease. I certainly have not said so, as I know it simply isn't true.

I do, however, recall many stating team Batman win "with ease". Which is horseshite. Really, the only reason team stands any chance at all is because of Batman. Damian is more a liability than anything else. If Nightwing had more lethal hardware handy, he'd be a more telling addition. But this really boils down to mostly Bruce versus Logan once again ...

@jashro44

Hey Jash ... I'll get to your points when I get back from work.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@jayc1324 said:

What is it with you and these "magnets"? You keep recycling the same tired lines, and yet have added nothing to the debate to prove how they could even work in this scenario at all. It's like your lifeline to let you believe Batman stands any chance of beating Wolverine in a random.

A lot of unanswered questions with regards said "magnets".

1. How will they even be effectively applied?
  2. How would they even hold Wolverine down when he can easily free himself from any surface they "might" be able to adhere him to.
  3. Just how "strong" are these magnets? Adhering 5 regular humans to a moving subway passing only inches from their faces does not overly impress - nor does it prove they are strong enough to be effective against Wolverine.

Let it go. They are far, far from an automatic win button for Batman by any stretch of the imagination.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: I was thinking of some of the posts on the first page were saying that but I might have misinterpreted. And you're right, people have been saying the Batman team wins with ease but I suppose I can see where they're coming from more (bare in mind that I prefer Batman and Nightwing to Wolverine) due to versatility and the fact that Damian getting hurt might push Bruce and Dick's morals to greater limits. I agree when you say that neither takes a strong lead.

dcandmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

All though for the record the team has other options besides magnets.

this team wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: I know plenty about Wolverine, thanks. He's one of my top ten favorite characters. Does that change the fact that he's wanked on the Vine? No. You have people saying he solos Deathstroke and Captain America, is "too much" for Spider-Man, ect,

What have I said that makes you think I know very little about the character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles: What? You do acknowledge that magnets can be used to beat him right? And that batman has them? What's the issue? How is me saying he can use magnets being blind when he's used them before? You are two "blinded" to admit magnets work on him. I give one way batman can win and you just say "no you're blinded" or "its not standard gear". Those are excuses. @super_soldierxii: What's with you and this "batman loses to wolverine"? They are strong enough to trap five men, which weighs more than wolverine.. Batman can toss them on the ground or a wall and trap him to give him time to think. Hard to free yourself when your hands are trapped to the side of a building.

There ya go. I keep bringing them up because there's no real counter. Me bringing up magnets is more than you've done, which is just keep saying that batman loses bevauses everyone else thinks so. I'm actually giving a way he can win. So no, don't tell me to let it go. I'm just saying how he can win. You're acting like its a scientifically proven, undisputed, fact that wolverine wins. But its not, everyone's opinion on it is a valid as anyone else's, because they're fictional characters and anything can happen. If a writer wrote batman vs wolverine they could make batman win, and if someonr else wrote the same fight they could make wolverine win. Both are right. Its opinionated. Not a fact.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Wolverine wins a solid majority here.

He has home-field advantage, his senses are enough to cancel out the Batfamily's stealth and he is lethal with his claws. The Batfamily will get some shots in, sure. But one blow from Logan and odds are you now have someone dead, crippled or bleeding profusely. With everyone in character, the Batfamily gets fantastic teamwork, but Damien's attitude becomes a factor.

In my opinion, the Batfamily gets hunted down in a manner similar to Predator or Alien.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Jestersmiles

@jayc1324 said:

@jestersmiles: What? You do acknowledge that magnets can be used to beat him right? And that batman has them? What's the issue? How is me saying he can use magnets being blind when he's used them before? You are two "blinded" to admit magnets work on him. I give one way batman can win and you just say "no you're blinded" or "its not standard gear". Those are excuses. @super_soldierxii: What's with you and this "batman loses to wolverine"? They are strong enough to trap five men, which weighs more than wolverine.. Batman can toss them on the ground or a wall and trap him to give him time to think. Hard to free yourself when your hands are trapped to the side of a building.

There ya go. I keep bringing them up because there's no real counter. Me bringing up magnets is more than you've done, which is just keep saying that batman loses bevauses everyone else thinks so. I'm actually giving a way he can win. So no, don't tell me to let it go. I'm just saying how he can win. You're acting like its a scientifically proven, undisputed, fact that wolverine wins. But its not, everyone's opinion on it is a valid as anyone else's, because they're fictional characters and anything can happen. If a writer wrote batman vs wolverine they could make batman win, and if someonr else wrote the same fight they could make wolverine win. Both are right. Its opinionated. Not a fact.

First off you sound like a broken record and Second I never said anything THIS fight, I am talking the Fight in general (Wolverine vs Batman). You make it seem like your batgod will always win the fight when in fact he won't . The only time he wins that fight is with PREP and that it.

Remember this?

It's still a broad claim that's hard to prove. And yeah it is a common opinion but it's just that- opinion. Not fact. It can be argued and debated, and I disagree.

Loading Video...

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Batking200

Batman solos. He alone brings too much to the table.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: I know plenty about Wolverine, thanks. He's one of my top ten favorite characters. Does that change the fact that he's wanked on the Vine? No. You have people saying he solos Deathstroke and Captain America, is "too much" for Spider-Man, ect,

What have I said that makes you think I know very little about the character.

C'mon guy ... you have people doing that with every iconic character on here. Wolverine is not even close to being the worst of the bunch.

Not by a long shot.

The fact you think Wolverine is "the most wanked" character on the Vine tells me you know very little ... because evidencing that kind of highly exaggerated angst over so little, shows you care to know very little and therefore probably do not.

Additionally, the fact you think it's out of the question Wolverine can take a majority against these three in a random, tells me so. Different had you said "Wolverine loses a slight majority" or "Bat team with difficulty" but ... easily? Nah. You don't know your Wolverine. That much is clear.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: How does that have anything to do with my actual knowledge of the character? Thinking he is overrated on the Vine? Which he is?

My jimmies aren't rustled about it lol, I was just stating that fact which I believe to be true.

Because someone disagrees with your analysis doesn't immediately entail ignorance or stupidity, you realize? I said Wolverine would win twice. It could be argued that Batman could take a majority alone. I have full awareness of Wolverine's capabilities when I say that, I've probably seen any feat you post in response.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

What's with you and this "batman loses to wolverine"? They are strong enough to trap five men, which weighs more than wolverine.. Batman can toss them on the ground or a wall and trap him to give him time to think. Hard to free yourself when your hands are trapped to the side of a building.

Guy, Batman had prep, had timed the passing of a moving Subway car, and the magnet locked their iron masks to the subway while it passed. All five men were mere inches from the train when it happened.

Maybe any one of those normal dudes were strong enough to "pull away" after having had their masks locked on. Moving train made that moot. Makes you think there's a reason Batman locked them onto the train, and not any other metal structure lying rampant in an underground subway station. But you'd have to use your head for that I suppose ...

And it's not a bloody question of "body weight". I don't doubt the magnet is strong enough to "lift" Wolverine's 300lbs frame. Is it strong enough to resist a mutant who snaps out handcuffs with ease. Has broken free of purportedly unbreakable restraints ... twice! Has torn from the surface Spider-Man's webbing had him adhered to a few times ... so yeah ... better be a pretty f'n powerful magnet.

You cannot prove, or show, in any way shape or form that this dime sized magnet will lock Wolverine down. Far from it.

"Oh dearest Wolverine sir, please be a dear and stand still close to this metal beam over here, now please do extend you left arm so I can be sure it's locked down just so ... there ... thank you ... now if you'd be so kind as to do so with your right arm too please. I need to be sure you cannot simply pop your claws, maneuver your wrists ever so slightly, and cut yourself loose you see ... "

Whatever.

The odds are far more against that possibility. But go ahead, cling to your delusional lifeline. It is more than a little silly, in a random encounter, to need to believe that a dime sized magnet he's used once again a pack of goons with prep, will be enough to magically sucker and lock down Wolverine in any way, to some weird all metal surface, that he could not simply cut himself free of, or flat out resist.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: Delusional lifeline? What?

Wolverine doesn't have to stand close to it, it's strong. If he can't reach it, he can't stop it, like those guys on the train. And a magnet is only one way batman can win. Tasers too. Its hardly delusional to think one street leveler can beat another. You are acting like I'm breaking a sacred rule on comicvine. Yes its popular to think wolverine stomps batman but I don't think that. And its not delusional at all

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@super_soldierxii: Delusional lifeline? What?

Wolverine doesn't have to stand close to it, it's strong. If he can't reach it, he can't stop it, like those guys on the train. And a magnet is only one way batman can win. Tasers too. Its hardly delusional to think one street leveler can beat another. You are acting like I'm breaking a sacred rule on comicvine. Yes its popular to think wolverine stomps batman but I don't think that. And its not delusional at all

You don't make any sense. The magnet works from how far away bud? So far, and again I repeat, we've seen it work from a few mere feet away against 5 regular dudes. Not impressive and in no way indicates it will work from afar.

Oh, the magnet is oh so strong so he doesn't have to stand close to it .... says who?? Show me feats where the magnet worked from far away on anything of Wolverine's strength and ability really.

If he can't reach it he can't stop it??? You DO know how magnets work right? Eventually, well, Wolverine will kinda have to be close to it.

The fact you think a taser will take down Wolverine means this conversation is over, and you are without doubt, far, far too starry eyed with regards your love of Batman. You listen to nothing and repeat the same drivel over and over.

We show you Wolverine tanking a hit from Thor's lightning, and still you come out with "tasers too". Jeezus.

You're not breaking any "rule" and can think and state whatever you please with regards who you feel wins. But with just plain silly comments like those, I sure as heck know I'm done giving you the time of day or taking you seriously in any measure at all.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: How does that have anything to do with my actual knowledge of the character? Thinking he is overrated on the Vine? Which he is?

My jimmies aren't rustled about it lol, I was just stating that fact which I believe to be true.

Because someone disagrees with your analysis doesn't immediately entail ignorance or stupidity, you realize? I said Wolverine would win twice. It could be argued that Batman could take a majority alone. I have full awareness of Wolverine's capabilities when I say that, I've probably seen any feat you post in response.

You see, now you're changing your tune slightly. You think he's overrated ... that's your prerogative. I think there are many, many threads wherein Batman's been highly over sold (like this one here where folks state he takes a majority against Wolverine in a random encounter). I've seen threads where Superman was touted to beat Thanos. Spider-Man could beat, well, just about everyone under the sun really.

Problem is, you haven't just been stating you think he's overrated. You've been stating HE IS "the most wanked" character on the Vine as though it's truth. Which is complete horsesh!te.

He is far, far from it.

You've seen every feat I can post huh? Because it's relevant to this thread why not start with this right here; when's the last time Wolverine's taken out a team of supers on his own, and in which issue ... how many times has Wolverine taken out teams of villains on his lonesome? Each villain in question being far more "powerful" and outright dangerous than Bruce Wayne. Can you name them?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: if its a situation like the train one, he won't be close to it. Not sure how a magnet pulling five guys isn't impressive. It's strong enough to get Logan if it can do that.

No one showed me thor using lightning on Logan, I've seen that before this thread. Its not like I saw that and jumped the chance to come up with a new way for batman to win. I just used it to support my claim that electricity could hurt him. And did I say a taser could beat Logan? If I did then I mispoke. It can help batman win is all. Its a way to hurt him. Logan should not stomp batman at all and its very possible for batman to win a regular encounter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You see, now you're changing your tune slightly. You think he's overrated ... that's your prerogative. I think there are many, many threads wherein Batman's been highly over sold (like this one here where folks state he takes a majority against Wolverine in a random encounter). I've seen threads where Superman was touted to beat Thanos. Spider-Man could beat, well, just about everyone under the sun really.

Problem is, you haven't just been stating you think he's overrated. You've been stating HE IS "the most wanked" character on the Vine as though it's truth. Which is complete horsesh!te.

He is far, far from it.

You've seen every feat I can post huh? Because it's relevant to this thread why not start with this right here; when's the last time Wolverine's taken out a team of supers on his own, and in which issue ... how many times has Wolverine taken out teams of villains on his lonesome? Each villain in question being far more "powerful" and outright dangerous than Bruce Wayne. Can you name them?

Lot's of people get overrated, true.

One of, actually, and I stand by that statement.

I don't know that specifically, but if you posted the feat I'm sure I'd recognize it. A cop out, I know, but I never claimed to know issue numbers, or when a specific thing happened. So no, I can't do that. But that logic is fairly bad anyways, since Batman has defeated people who would beat or stalemate Wolverine in random encounters.

Actually, Batman should stomp Wolverine, since he beat Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and the Flash in a random.

That was a joke.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

random_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batgod has prep. But no seriously the team for a solid majority. Putting a bat team up against almost any other street leveler and its a tough fight and a likely win. The well thought out team work and large array of gadgets and tactical brilliance is usually enough to take down any street leveler. With prior knowledge.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii said:

He is far, far from it.

Lot's of people get overrated, true.

One of, actually, and I stand by that statement.

I don't know that specifically, but if you posted the feat I'm sure I'd recognize it. A cop out, I know, but I never claimed to know issue numbers, or when a specific thing happened. So no, I can't do that. But that logic is fairly bad anyways, since Batman has defeated people who would beat or stalemate Wolverine in random encounters.

Actually, Batman should stomp Wolverine, since he beat Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and the Flash in a random.

That was a joke.

No it's not "fairly bad logic" ... because knowing feats like the ones I was alluding to, goes a ways to remove the stigma you're placing on Wolverine being "the most wanked" character and are each highly relevant as to why seeing him take these three in a random is not so far fetched.

I can think of no one Batman beat in a random that would outright beat Wolverine, not without prep and / or plot device heavily involved. Name one showing that was completely random, and wherein Batman was not assisted via plot.

The fact you cannot even recollect the feats I had alluded to, means you have cursory knowledge at best, cherry pick what's shown at nausea on the Vine, and that's about it. A few of the showings are taken from very prominent Wolverine centric storytelling to boot.

If you don't know those feats, or if no bells are ringing with my bringing them up, then you really shouldn't be so heavy handed in your aspersions with regards Logan being "overrated" herein IMHO. Worse ... "The most wanked" character. Seriously.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No it's not "fairly bad logic" ... because knowing feats like the ones I was alluding to, goes a ways to remove the stigma you're placing on Wolverine being "the most wanked" character and are each highly relevant as to why seeing him take these three in a random is not so far fetched.

Again, never said most. And it is poor logic.

I can think of no one Batman beat in a random that would outright beat Wolverine, not without prep and / or plot device heavily involved. Name one showing that was completely random, and wherein Batman was not assisted via plot.

I can already tell what is going to happen here, any feat i produce is going to be hand waved away as PIS, but i'm used to it now when debating Batman.

Prometheus in a second encounter, but he didn't have prep. Hawkman, Clayface, Amazo (two separate occasions) to name a few.

But the point I'm trying to make is, fighting Sabertooth or Hulk for example, is not the same as fighting Batman. They are completely different kinds of opponents.

The fact you cannot even recollect the feats I had alluded to, means you have cursory knowledge at best, cherry pick what's shown at nausea on the Vine, and that's about it. A few of the showings are taken from very prominent Wolverine centric storytelling to boot.

How am i to know exactly what feat you are referring to? The time he beat Daken, Sauron, the Deathstrikes, and i believe Bloodsport at the same time? Your realize I could just google any of your quiz questions anyways, but didn't?

If you don't know those feats, or if no bells are ringing with my bringing them up, then you really shouldn't be so heavy handed in your aspersions with regards Logan being "overrated" herein IMHO. Worse ... "The most wanked" character. Seriously.

Nothing about your opinion comes off as humble. And you were pretty general with the "feats" I didn't know, so you didn't really prove anything.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the batfamily can only win with the use of certain gadgets and even there it's questionable if it will work........ many people are underestimating wolverine here...... a bloodlusted spiderman tried beating wolverine into a pulp and couldn't knock him out....... spiderman also punched wolverine from a tall building and wolverine survived the fall just fine....... none of the bats could really harm wolverine.... subdueing him might be a possibility.....