Avatar image for ultimate_riddler
Ultimate_Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ultimate_Riddler

Edit: The battle was a horrific stomp, so 616 Pete has been subbed in for the match.

Bruce Wayne and Quentin Beck, a.k.a., Batman and Mysterio, have decided to end their quarrels and face a new foe; The amazing Spider-Man.

Here's the setup.

No prep! No bloodlust! In-character! In Central Park. No allies are to interfere in this match for either side. Who wins and why?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JonSmith

Well, on the upside, Peter will finally have both someplace to keep his goldfish AND a nice new belt.

Ultimate_Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ultimate_Riddler

@JonSmith said:

Well, on the upside, Peter will finally have both someplace to keep his goldfish AND a nice new belt.

That bad a stomp?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Strider1992

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

@JonSmith said:

That bad a stomp?

Well this is essentially 616 Spider-man with no morals and almost perfect pre-cognition. A normal morals off 616 Spider-man would take Batman and Mysterio with ease with nigh-perfect pre-cog they most likely won't touch him before Parker lays them both out.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlueHope

hmm, I tried to think a way to team win...but I couldn't find any

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JonSmith

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

That bad a stomp?

Both Mysterio and Batman are excellent with prep. And Batman will have access to Mysterio's resources and knowledge of Spider-Man in this battle. That said: This Spidey is highly trained. Not just in the Way of the Spider, he's trained and ready to KILL. And when he's in that kind of mood normally, in the 616 universe, there aren't many who can stop him. Here? He's older, stronger, faster, and worst/best of all, his normally bordering instinctive Spider-Sense is full on precognition. In a standard battle, Batman loses his advantage of stealth to normal Spidey because of the spider-sense. Here? No matter how well they trap the battle field, no matter what tricks they try to set off, Spidey will not only see them coming, but be fully prepared to turn them on the two enemies.

Then, if they're still alive after that, Spidey's going to hit them at top speed, a speed and strength fast enough to deck Samson, who can take on a calm Hulk, and three other heroes, then REED RICHARDS before ANY of them can even react.

Batman and Mysterio are dead so fast they LITERALLY have no clue what hit them.

Ultimate_Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ultimate_Riddler

@JonSmith said:

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

That bad a stomp?

Both Mysterio and Batman are excellent with prep. And Batman will have access to Mysterio's resources and knowledge of Spider-Man in this battle. That said: This Spidey is highly trained. Not just in the Way of the Spider, he's trained and ready to KILL. And when he's in that kind of mood normally, in the 616 universe, there aren't many who can stop him. Here? He's older, stronger, faster, and worst/best of all, his normally bordering instinctive Spider-Sense is full on precognition. In a standard battle, Batman loses his advantage of stealth to normal Spidey because of the spider-sense. Here? No matter how well they trap the battle field, no matter what tricks they try to set off, Spidey will not only see them coming, but be fully prepared to turn them on the two enemies.

Then, if they're still alive after that, Spidey's going to hit them at top speed, a speed and strength fast enough to deck Samson, who can take on a calm Hulk, and three other heroes, then REED RICHARDS before ANY of them can even react.

Edited the OP. If it's still a stomp, I'll make it a bloodlusted 616 Spidey and take it from there.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JonSmith

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

I'm going to edit the match in light of this.

Sorry, dude. This is just too one sided. Mysterio's morals off usually when it comes to Spider-Man, so there's no change there. Batman, on the other hand... Well, the only way he's taking this is using his one week of prep to set bombs capable of turning Central Park into a crater. And even THAT'S only working if the combatants are required to show up at the time of battle. In which case, Batman and Mysterio are both getting taken out with Spidey. And even THAT'S iffy. With Spidey's few minutes of prep, his superspeed, AND his precog, I wouldn't put it past him to build something capable of turning off the bombs, then butchering Bats and Mysterio.

So in short: Under the new rules: It's either a double suicide, and Spidey MAYBE gets taken out, or a double homicide, Spidey runs off to climb a wall or something.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shawnbaby

Prep against a Pre-cog is pretty much useless. With this Spider-Man....if you even Think about attacking him...he knows about it.

Ultimate_Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ultimate_Riddler

@Shawnbaby: @BlueHope: @Strider92:

@JonSmith said:

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

I'm going to edit the match in light of this.

Sorry, dude. This is just too one sided. Mysterio's morals off usually when it comes to Spider-Man, so there's no change there. Batman, on the other hand... Well, the only way he's taking this is using his one week of prep to set bombs capable of turning Central Park into a crater. And even THAT'S only working if the combatants are required to show up at the time of battle. In which case, Batman and Mysterio are both getting taken out with Spidey. And even THAT'S iffy. With Spidey's few minutes of prep, his superspeed, AND his precog, I wouldn't put it past him to build something capable of turning off the bombs, then butchering Bats and Mysterio.

So in short: Under the new rules: It's either a double suicide, and Spidey MAYBE gets taken out, or a double homicide, Spidey runs off to climb a wall or something.

I don't know why, but I found that last part hilarious. Removing "What If?" Spidey and replacing him with regular Spidey.

Made the final edit... hopefully.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JonSmith

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

Removing "What If?" Spidey and replacing him with regular Spidey.

Okay, this is a BIT more even, but you're changing the wrong part: Spidey without morals is downright scary. He says he has the proportionate strength and speed of a spider, but he's lying. He vastly downplays his abilities. There's a REASON when Spidey does something like lift a couple hundred tons of metal and water over his head, or lift an entire building, or even toss an entire train like a pair of nun-chucks, no one calls him for PIS whereas with other character's that would just be bad writing. Spidey's a guy who even early on in his career, could stagger the Hulk with a well placed punch, and he's only gotten stronger and faster with time.

Now with 616, we have a factor that wouldn't have played into this before because of Assassin Spidey's more advanced precog: Mysterio's gas. I will resist the obvious puns, painful though it may be, and elaborate: Mysterio has consistently shown the ability to create chemical gases capable of blocking and confusing Spidey's spider-sense. Problem is, Mysterio's an actor by nature. He loves the spotlight, the drama, the theatrics. That's what beats him usually. Even with something that blocks Spidey's most unique and powerful ability, THAT'S why he always gets beaten.

Here? He's got a master of stealth on his side. A man who doesn't just use the shadows, he IS the shadows. He's vengeance, the night, etc. So Batman will have the element of surprise here for once.

Problem is Spidey's lack of morals. Even without his spider-sense, he's crazy fast. And he's going to be swinging to kill. So Batman may get in ONE hit, but he better make sure it's a VERY good hit, or his head's coming off. As I've already mentioned, Mysterio isn't a threat here. It's his tech and experience with Spidey, channeled through Batman's abilities, that make him a valuable edition. But not valuable enough to go head to head with a morals off Spider-Man.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shawnbaby

Pete can grab his Ends of the Earth armor...rendering all of Mysterio's illusions useless with the bonus effect of increasing his durability and increasing his volume and Capacity of his webshooters.

Ultimate_Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ultimate_Riddler

Oh gosh, Spidey! You were my favorite character! How could I have failed you?

No Caption Provided

Edited the OP one final time. If it still sucks, then I give up on this one.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shawnbaby

Mysterio and Batman need to have at least some prep here to stand a chance. Without Prep, Mysterio might as well not even be here. And Batman, despite his superior martial skill, is going to be fighting an extremely uphill battle against Peter's Vastly superior Stats and Spider-Sense if he's got no plan for what he's facing.

Spidey still stomps.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JonSmith

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

Oh gosh, Spidey! You were my favorite character! How could I have failed you?

Look on the upside: I somehow doubt Spidey would be disappointed in you for giving him a relatively easy battle. Plus, you probably learned a lot about Spidey's capabilities from this thread. So next time you make a battle, you can cause Spidey all the pain, torment, injury, mind numbing constant terror, and general all around physical, mental, and spiritual trauma you feel he deserves!

Avatar image for captain_awesome85
Captain_Awesome85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JonSmith said:

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

That bad a stomp?

This, except I think Mysterio might benefit more from Batman's equipment. One of them is a billionaire

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Spydey

If Bats and Beck had prep, they'd take it pretty easy, honestly. But they don't.

Maybe if it were Bats and Beck vs Miles?

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By christianrapper

what are 'what if' spiderman's power levels?

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VeganDiet

@christianrapper: Same strength, speed, etc. But his spider sense has been boosted to crazy levels. He knew about attacks coming a long while in advance(days? Hours? I can't remember the specifics.) He could pinpoint how many attackers were fighting Wolverine without seeing them. He had guns planted in his web shooters, and, I believe, he received some proper H2H training as well.