Batman (DKR) vs Oliver Queen (Arrow)

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

A construction zone in New York. It's midnight and the combatants begin 20 feet apart, however there is a lot of cover in between them and they are unaware of each other's location. There is cover everywhere and 10 post lamps illuminate the area around the zone and another 3 illuminate the center of the zone.

Rules

• Random Encounter
  • Batman has no morals
  • Ollie has 30 arrows, including a 4 light arrows and a grapple arrow.
  • Batman has standard gear.
  • Standard Elimination rules apply.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2 k4tzm4n  Moderator

I think this setting gives Batman the edge he would need to take down the Emerald Archer.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've only seen the first episode of Arrow, but a morals-off Nolan Batman seems pretty intimidating. Batman has his armor, years of martial arts training, and I'm assuming his usual loadout of batarangs and grenades. Don't know if he has his EMP tech, as that could come in useful, but I think Bats has the advantage here.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Most People will say arrow, but I say Batman

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

This is a pretty close battle. Seeing as Ollie is capable of aiming in Batman's mouth area like he did with taking down Deadshot in their first encounter, Bruce is in for some trouble. His armor is also a bit wacky, as Bane was able to break it, and Talia was able to penetrate it with a simple knife. That being said, Batman does have lots of cover, and with only 10 or so lamps to illuminate the area Batman could use stealth to his advantage (Arrow has stealth too, but not nearly up to par as Batman).

So I have to say it will be tough even for Arrow in long range to try and snipe down Batman. Now, hand-to-hand combat is tough. The Dark Knight Batman is in his prime and probably has more feats under his belt. He's obviously the tougher and physically stronger of the two, but Green Arrow is a lot more agile and quick on his feet. Ollie is extremely cocky and has been taken down by people way less skilled than Bruce in close quarters combat before though, so I could see Batman taking this area. If Arrow manages to get in his game zone and focuses, he could dodge most of Bruce's attacks and slowly pick away at his stamina. However, from what I've seen in the series so far, he's too cocky for that.

Also another factor is their gear and armor. Batman has an impressive array of gadgets, but they are not geared towards offense. He has some smoke pellets, grappling hooks, and more that will help him evade against any high risks when facing Arrow though, so those will help. On the other hand, Arrow has way more offensive technology, but nearly as much in quantity. His light-explosive arrows would wreck Batman if they got any contact (Ollie probably wouldn't hesitate to kill the The Dark Knight either), and his built-in recorder arrows might be able to track down sounds of Batman's movement. While arrows are definitely the most deadly and accurate tool being used here, Batman also has an on-par offensive weapon : The Batarang. Ollie might be too ignorant after he dodges one and not notice that the Batarang will strike back when it returns. On top of that Ollie doesn't have exceptional armor; nothing more than a kevlar and some light protective pads and a hoodie. Batman would be able to tank more than Arrow could, although that margin is not that great to be honest.

Overall, I think The Dark Knight Batman edges out a win in a close fight. Ollie is more deadly and swift, but his downfall will be his ignorant and his lack of calculations of his environment. Batman will stealthily take down Arrow with tons of trouble, but he'll be able to do it.

Cole_Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Arrow takes it.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

This is a pretty close battle. Seeing as Ollie is capable of aiming in Batman's mouth area like he did with taking down Deadshot in their first encounter, Bruce is in for some trouble. His armor is also a bit wacky, as Bane was able to break it, and Talia was able to penetrate it with a simple knife. That being said, Batman does have lots of cover, and with only 10 or so lamps to illuminate the area Batman could use stealth to his advantage (Arrow has stealth too, but not nearly up to par as Batman).

Oliver is constantly fighting in the dark, even going to lengths as to eliminate any light in the vicinity. Bruce doesn't have any significant advantage in this regard, especially considering that he relies on his cowl to see in darker environments.

So I have to say it will be tough even for Arrow in long range to try and snipe down Batman. Now, hand-to-hand combat is tough. The Dark Knight Batman is in his prime and probably has more feats under his belt. He's obviously the tougher and physically stronger of the two, but Green Arrow is a lot more agile and quick on his feet. Ollie is extremely cocky and has been taken down by people way less skilled than Bruce in close quarters combat before though, so I could see Batman taking this area. If Arrow manages to get in his game zone and focuses, he could dodge most of Bruce's attacks and slowly pick away at his stamina. However, from what I've seen in the series so far, he's too cocky for that.

Bruce hasn't done anything in the Dark Knight trilogy to solidify a physical superiority. I'm not saying Oliver is his physical superior but what he has shown would put them on an equal footing at the very least. Due to Bruce's armour, Oliver does have the edge in agility and speed as shown when utilizing free-running/parkour and avoiding gunfire with ease. Oliver is a cocky fighter but how does being tackled down insinuate a disadvantage for him? Everytime he's been taken down by someone of lesser skill, he counters almost instantaneously. The only person he's ever let get the drop on him was Helena because of his feelings for her, and being overcome by the Dark Archer.

If anything, Bruce is just as cocky as he underestimated both Scarecrow and Joker when first encountering them. I don't see how that would be any different against Oliver when both lack any prep on their opponents.

Also another factor is their gear and armor. Batman has an impressive array of gadgets, but they are not geared towards offense. He has some smoke pellets, grappling hooks, and more that will help him evade against any high risks when facing Arrow though, so those will help. On the other hand, Arrow has way more offensive technology, but nearly as much in quantity. His light-explosive arrows would wreck Batman if they got any contact (Ollie probably wouldn't hesitate to kill the The Dark Knight either), and his built-in recorder arrows might be able to track down sounds of Batman's movement. While arrows are definitely the most deadly and accurate tool being used here, Batman also has an on-par offensive weapon : The Batarang. Ollie might be too ignorant after he dodges one and not notice that the Batarang will strike back when it returns. On top of that Ollie doesn't have exceptional armor; nothing more than a kevlar and some light protective pads and a hoodie. Batman would be able to tank more than Arrow could, although that margin is not that great to be honest.

Overall, I think The Dark Knight Batman edges out a win in a close fight. Ollie is more deadly and swift, but his downfall will be his ignorant and his lack of calculations of his environment. Batman will stealthily take down Arrow with tons of trouble, but he'll be able to do it.

Bruce in the film rarely uses any gadgetry in combat in a similar fashion that his comic counterpart has. He barely uses batarangs, only ever utilizes smoke pellets when he has the drop on someone and the grappling hook has only been used to escape. Oliver is the same way. He barely uses anything besides lethal force in regards to his arrows and throwing knives. Even if Bruce utilizes the batarangs, they won't be to much avail as he lacks the accuracy to land a decisive hit. On top of that, Oliver's armour could withstand a hit from one without much trouble as he took a bullet from Deadshot and still managed to scramble off without any noticeable injury during his party.

As for Bruce's armour, it's been pierced by a small knife with incredible ease and his armour is riddled with these weak points. His Begins armour would've handled a little better as it was a more solid unit as his updated armour had exposed areas to allow for more fluid movement.

I can't see Bruce taking a massive majority here and neither would Oliver. In close quarters, it could go either way but Oliver never rushes into hand-to-hand combat and Bruce can only manage to avoid Oliver for so long before getting tagged, and it might not be a kill shot right away, but one that slows Bruce down.

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Batman

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: This guy feels about how I do. Flip a coin. I do edge it for Ollie because body Armor has a tendency to fail. A wounding shot just edges things further and further into Ollie's favor. Bruce better use stealth and those KO batarangs he had in TDKR if he wants a sure win.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deranged Midget

@risingbean: Bruce almost never uses his batarangs or any gadgets for that matter in hand-to-hand combat. He basically only used those tranquilizer batarangs because it was situational. He could've used them the other dozen times he went up against thugs or even Bane.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RisingBean

@deranged_midget: I agree with you. He used them when he had the drop. And that is his best bet in this fight, I believe. Once they get into the thick of it, I give it to Ollie. His standard arrows should do damage on par with Dent's pistol concerning Bruce's armor. (pretty much made Batman bluff to win.)

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Arrow Ollie is superior to Nolan's Batman in almost every way save for probably strength.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Oliver is constantly fighting in the dark, even going to lengths as to eliminate any light in the vicinity. Bruce doesn't have any significant advantage in this regard, especially considering that he relies on his cowl to see in darker environments.

Hmm...I would think that Batman could constantly pull his vanishing act on Ollie when he loses sight of Batman (which will be a lot when Bruce ducks for cover/when Queen takes down lamp-posts). I know both are adept in fighting in darkness, but I think The Dark Knight has more emphasis on it.

Bruce hasn't done anything in the Dark Knight trilogy to solidify a physical superiority. I'm not saying Oliver is his physical superior but what he has shown would put them on an equal footing at the very least. Due to Bruce's armour, Oliver does have the edge in agility and speed as shown when utilizing free-running/parkour and avoiding gunfire with ease. Oliver is a cocky fighter but how does being tackled down insinuate a disadvantage for him? Everytime he's been taken down by someone of lesser skill, he counters almost instantaneously. The only person he's ever let get the drop on him was Helena because of his feelings for her, and being overcome by the Dark Archer.

If anything, Bruce is just as cocky as he underestimated both Scarecrow and Joker when first encountering them. I don't see how that would be any different against Oliver when both lack any prep on their opponents.

I think that Batman would have a slight edge in physical strength because he did manage to break Bane's mask, which seemed extremely tough. Also, that was Batman when he wasn't in his prime. I know Ollie thinks fast and counters a lot, but he is still so cocky and makes him slip up so much. He's been hurt to the point where his friends have had to rescue him numerous times because he failed to analyze his surroundings.

Have to agree on the Scarecrow/Joker bit, but he has learned greatly from those experiences, whereas Ollie consistently continues to make mistakes.

Bruce in the film rarely uses any gadgetry in combat in a similar fashion that his comic counterpart has. He barely uses batarangs, only ever utilizes smoke pellets when he has the drop on someone and the grappling hook has only been used to escape. Oliver is the same way. He barely uses anything besides lethal force in regards to his arrows and throwing knives. Even if Bruce utilizes the batarangs, they won't be to much avail as he lacks the accuracy to land a decisive hit. On top of that, Oliver's armour could withstand a hit from one without much trouble as he took a bullet from Deadshot and still managed to scramble off without any noticeable injury during his party.

As for Bruce's armour, it's been pierced by a small knife with incredible ease and his armour is riddled with these weak points. His Begins armour would've handled a little better as it was a more solid unit as his updated armour had exposed areas to allow for more fluid movement.

I can't see Bruce taking a massive majority here and neither would Oliver. In close quarters, it could go either way but Oliver never rushes into hand-to-hand combat and Bruce can only manage to avoid Oliver for so long before getting tagged, and it might not be a kill shot right away, but one that slows Bruce down.

I know that Batman seldom uses his gadgetry in the films, but I was inferring that Bruce would use them a lot more since he is bloodlusted. Bruce would also use lethal force in this scenario. While I know Arrow would land a hit on Batman if he saw an exposed part, but that is near impossible in the dark, where his armor blends in. IIRC, Talia had to dig her knife in at an angle behind/around the heavy armor so that the blade would penetrate him. Oliver wouldn't be able to differentiate the armor and exposed parts in pitch black, which will cause the illusion that the entire suit is armor. However, there is still a chance a lucky hit will the do the deed in for The Dark Knight.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek:

Hmm...I would think that Batman could constantly pull his vanishing act on Ollie when he loses sight of Batman (which will be a lot when Bruce ducks for cover/when Queen takes down lamp-posts). I know both are adept in fighting in darkness, but I think The Dark Knight has more emphasis on it.

Bruce utilizes it more when he has the drop on random thugs but when has ever really utilized it on an opponent he deemed worthy? Against Joker, he attacked him head on multiple times and he attacked Bane(despite being tossed in a corner with Bane countering his tactics). Oliver seems to be adept in fighting in the darkness, without any of the tech that Bruce seems to utilize. I still can't see Bruce taking any advantage in that regard.

I think that Batman would have a slight edge in physical strength because he did manage to break Bane's mask, which seemed extremely tough. Also, that was Batman when he wasn't in his prime. I know Ollie thinks fast and counters a lot, but he is still so cocky and makes him slip up so much. He's been hurt to the point where his friends have had to rescue him numerous times because he failed to analyze his surroundings.

Have to agree on the Scarecrow/Joker bit, but he has learned greatly from those experiences, whereas Ollie consistently continues to make mistakes.

Huh? I don't see how breaking Bane's mask makes a difference in physical strength. Bruce only ever targeted it because of the fact that the doctor stated that it's his weak point. Therefore, Bruce aimed for the mask this time around knowing it would cause him incredible pain. All it required was a simple slash across the tubes. But yes, I'd have to agree with Bruce not being in his prime in the first half of the film, but he seemed to recover even better than before when he returned to Gotham to face Bane again.

Once again my friend, I fail to see where Oliver has been making such costly mistakes. The only time he's been severely overcome was in his civilian guise against the Count when he injected Vertigo into him and against the Dark Archer. In every other situation, Oliver recovered quickly enough to make a sufficient encounter or escape.

I know that Batman seldom uses his gadgetry in the films, but I was inferring that Bruce would use them a lot more since he is bloodlusted. Bruce would also use lethal force in this scenario. While I know Arrow would land a hit on Batman if he saw an exposed part, but that is near impossible in the dark, where his armor blends in. IIRC, Talia had to dig her knife in at an angle behind/around the heavy armor so that the blade would penetrate him. Oliver wouldn't be able to differentiate the armor and exposed parts in pitch black, which will cause the illusion that the entire suit is armor. However, there is still a chance a lucky hit will the do the deed in for The Dark Knight.

Quite the opposite actually. Bloodlusted infers that the combatant loses any morals or normal mental state and just goes berserk, fighting completely out of character. Bruce's armour is better in protecting blunt damage but it's near useless against piercing damage as we've seen throughout the past two films. Again, Oliver has near perfect aim and is always fighting at night in the darkness, so while Bruce may be able to duck out of sight for a moment of time, it won't benefit him the entire fight. After all, Oliver was trading shots against Deadshot from across rooftops almost instantaneously after being shot at.

As for Talia's knife, she pierced his armour without effort. A fully strung bow coupled with Oliver's aim is going to do a significant more amount of damage.