Batman Battle of the Month VOTING: Nightwing vs. Moon Knight

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Batman Battle of the Month VOTING: Nightwing vs. Moon Knight (382 votes)

Dick Grayson (Nightwing) 48%
Marc Spector (Moon Knight) 46%
Too close to call 6%

We've put Bruce Wayne through a pretty tough gauntlet in this monthly segment, so we're giving him some time off because we're kind like that. Dick Grayson, however, won't be as lucky. The first Robin and man who once became Batman will be in a very tough and likely brutal fight this week.

Seeing as Moon Knight's making a return with an all-new solo series and is in general an awesome street level character, we thought it would be fitting to place him against the agile and talented Dick Grayson. Who will be left standing after these two clash in the city? Will Grayson make Wayne proud and earn a win against the Marvel hero? Or, will Spector outlast his opponent and take the victory? Well, you have all week to think about it. Please be sure to read all of the rules (see below) before casting your vote.

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc.
  • All characters have standard gear.
  • For simplicity's sake, Nightwing's pre-52 feats can apply if they haven't been obviously removed from current continuity.
  • Moon Knight's costume and weaponry has fluctuated a lot over the years, so we think it's best/most balanced to give him his attire and gear from his 2006 run.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• My extended thoughts on the match.
  • A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

If you have a moment, please vote in this poll and speak your mind. I'm always looking to keep this segment fun and I have plenty of ideas for it that I'd like to propose over time. Your input is greatly appreciated. Seriously, I mean that.

Also, feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.

• 
Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

dick grayson for me

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Moon knight.Becuase he's physically stronger and is more durable.I feel Nightwing is more skilled but that still doesn't give him the win,also Moon knight will go for lethal hits Nightwing won't.

j4zzm4n88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing for me after a very close and brutal fight. Speed v strength. Agility vs durability. I feel like Nightwing would get more hits in though and his agility would see him dodge quite a lot of hits from Moon Knight. Plus Escrima sticks hit hard not to mention that Nightwing's various fighting styles, in particular the capoeira would make him very awkward to fight.

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I think Nightwing would win this fight in this stage of his career. While Moonknight has received some extensive training, I don't think it can compare to being trained by Batman who has mastered nearly all forms of martial arts. As Batman, Dick Grayson has even bested Deathstroke in Titans #29, who has similar enhancements to Moonknight. In the New 52, Nightwing managed to defeat William Cobb with his ability to create a plan on the fly. Over the last few years, Nightwing has demonstrated that he can take on and defeat combatants that are much more powerful strength wise than himself. That is why in this fight, I think the deciding factors will be training and fighting skills since incapacitation is an acceptable form of defeat. Since they would be likely fighting at night, Moonknight would have his healing ability making a knockout Nightwing's only viable option for victory. Nightwing would likely distract Moonknight with his various gadgets and eventually go for a knockout with his electrified escrima sticks. The fight can go either way yet, I think Nightwing's capability to, "execute a plan without planning", would be enough to squeeze out more wins on Moonknight. Out of 10 fights, I'd say Nightwing wins 7 of the 10. In a full moon however, Nightwing's victories drop to 6 out of 10 for me.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Moon Knight, but Nightwing is winning by a huge margin, like I figured. Moon Knight is crazy, and he will absolutely go more lethal than Grayson.

TikiWiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I love Nightwing and he is my favorite Batuniverse character, but Moon Knight takes the win. Don't know much about him, only the stuff I read in wikia and MAA and understand that he is crazy and stronger, faster and more durable and Moon Knight is not afraid to kill.

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wow everyone undersells Moon Knight. If nothing Else Marc will have the durability to win this fight. I'm not a Nightwing expert but from what I've read he isn't that much better if better than Moon Knight. MK vs. Deadpool or Black Knight are excellent showings of Marc's skill. Any battle against Bushman, especially recent battles show off his incredible durability and pain tolerance. Equipment wise Moon Knight has a great deal of weapons at his disposal, staff, truncheon, crescent darts, nunchuks. Nightwing's gear seems about on par with Moon Knight's so neither is likely to gain an edge this way. Even if Moon Knight is out classed he never stops, and eventually will kill Nightwing like he did to Black Spectre or Bushman (pre VoMK).

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Grey56

Usually there is something more algorithmic which is applicable to these; a martial proficiency, atomic/energy control or dispersal, stature etc....but here it truly seems to boil down to the fact that Marc's powers are mystically imbued by Khonshu. Dick's been trained to mental and physical prime by the best mortal imaginable but all other things being held equal - the favor of a god tends to tip things where all others are at a margin.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'd like a Black Adam battle at some point. Dude is too beast.

As far as this battle is concerned, I'm not sure. Will wait and see.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@hart7668 said:

I'd like a Black Adam battle at some point. Dude is too beast.

As far as this battle is concerned, I'm not sure. Will wait and see.

Black Adam is a name that's regularly tossed around when considering weekly battles. It's just a matter of giving him a balanced fight.

Avatar image for noahmaximillion
NoahMaximillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

#12  Edited By NoahMaximillion

Moon Knight doesn't have a moral code against lethality.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon knight

jaybake724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon knight's tenatiousness makes this a tough call. I think Bruce's influence will propel Nightwing to close victory.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle computer FTW

SadiaVicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon Knight win in a battle.

Nightwing in fanservice.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dick.

69ballzdeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sadiavicious: nailed it.

MK would wreck NW's bones and eat the meat.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Doomnaut

Spector rips Grayson's face off!

No Caption Provided

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Moon Knight due to endurance and ruthlessness. Nightwing may land a few hits on MK, but Moon Knight has some insane pain endurance feats and will not hold back if needs be.

But yeah, I hope Nightwing fans take some time to read about MK.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice matchup. I'm surprised we didn't come up with this before.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing: martial arts expert, use of Gadgets, master Detective, Master acrobat, Peak human physicality, Intelligent, trained by and almost equal to one of the Smartest minds in comics

Moon Knight: Martial arts expert, Gadget user, high pain tolerance, peak human physicality, crazy as F%ck.

Gotta give it to Nightwing on this one. It isn't that I don't like Moon Knight, I LOVE the character, but Dick has beaten tougher foes then Moon Knight has. Sure, Moon Knight beat Taskmaster, but it was so PIS that I'm not even sure how it got past Marvel.

Moon Knight is a good fighter, but he just isn't Nightwing in this department. Nightwing has been trained by the best of the best, and while there's no disputing here that Moon Knight can fight, he just can't fight as well as Dick can. It would be like a Black belt fighting a Grandmaster. He'll impress Nightwing enough with his pain tolerance and fighting skills, but Nightwing will eventually get the KO.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marc is just as skilled as Nightwing is, if even moreso due to far more experience in the field. He has also faced variants of most of Batman's rogues. Though instead of Killer Croc, Moony gets Werewolf by Night. As has been mentioned, Nightwing's gear is more prioritized towards non-lethal tools to capture and incapacitate villains as opposed to greatly injuring them. While Moon Knight has had the same tools, like bolos and grappling guns and the like, he has also carried more lethal tools, and is more likely to do viable harm to his enemies than most others.

However, Marc has gone non-lethal before and knows how much harder it is to hold back to keep from injuring opponents and how much more he gets hurt because of it. Especially given his first instinct is to usually snap their arms and do whatever it takes to make sure they don't ever do bad things again.

There is a notable difference in their fighting tactics. Nightwing will expend more effort to avoid taking a hit whenever possible. Moon Knight will take certain hits when it means getting in close enough to do some considerable harm to his opponent. In general, Moon Knight is a tougher fighter who can take a lot of punishment and keep going. Even when torn open, sliced up with his spine showing, he will get the job done no matter what.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close Battle. Could go either way really.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moonknight all the way!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Is there ANY significant difference between pre New 52 and after New 52 Grayson,besides the origin change and the symbol on the suit becoming red?...(didnt like it,always dug the blue)

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read a Moon Knight series a few years back. I'm thinking it was 2006 of 2007 and it didn't last for more than a few years. I enjoyed the series and ended up trolling through back issues and picking random arcs of some of the Moon Knight ongoings from the 80s. To me, it seems Moon Knight is pretty inconsistent. Even his super powers depend on the phases of the moon. He's well trained, but not as well as Nightwing. Pre-flashpoint I'd have given Dick the edge in experience. However, now Dick has only been operating for what? less than 5 years? Spectre takes the experience edge. Also, the latest version of Mark's armor is carbonadium which superior to anything we've seen included in Dick's armor.

If this was pre-flashpoint id give this fight to Nightwing 8/10. However post flashpoint I have to give this fight to Spectre 7/10. The only edge Nightwing has on Mark is his training and POSSIBLY acrobatic ability, not that Spectre is any slough in that category.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I'll cover skill first. While Moon Knight has the advantages of his immense pain tolerance, excessive brutal force, and strength. However, Nightwing has faced opponents who have been looking for the kill plenty of times in his career. Not only is Grayson agile enough to dodge Spector's hits, but he also has the superior hand-to-hand combat prowess here thanks to his rigorous training under the one and only Batman. He's beaten more notable opponents who have also used brutal force, such as Red Hood, and came on top as the victor. In close quarters, I see Moon Knight holding his own with his pain tolerance and own formidable skill, but ultimately, that isn't enough against an opponent who is simply better than you in the field, nor is it practical against pressure point attacks. Add onto the fact that Grayson will be tagging Spector a lot more often due to his agility, and Moon Knight is definitely going down, albeit with time, in a martial arts showdown. There's a reason Daredevil trumps Punisher when they get in close. Nightwing edges it in terms of raw skill.

Mentality wise, it's a lot more tricky. While Nightwing is definitely the more observant, intelligent, and cunning one the two, his apprenticeship under the Dark Knight, ironically, also hinders his abilities. Dick won't use lethal force in the slightest, and seeing as Spector can soak up tons of damage, that is a potential game-changer. However, that isn't to say that Nightwing won't be smart enough to think up of non-lethal ways to take Moon Knight out of the fight. On the other hand, Moon Knight uses extreme brutal force, and equipped with his impressive physique (even without his old moon amp he lost), can certainly drop Nightwing. Marc isn't exactly dumb either, and even someone with a gifted mind like Grayson's can fall to Moon Knight's fear factor, like Taskmaster did. Initially, I'm giving the edge to Moon Knight, but if Spector doesn't take out Grayson out quick in the battle, Grayson would have thought of multiple solutions to the fight without killing anyone.

Moving on to gadgets and equipment, Nightwing arsenal is the obvious victor in this in my opinion. From his extremely durable escrima sticks that emit high voltages to various types of pellets and batarangs, Nightwing's gadgets rival that of Batman himself. In Winick's Outsiders run, Nightwing showed that he had access to Kryptonite, and while that isn't applicable in this fight, it shows just how resourceful he can be. That being said, Grayson doesn't exactly utilize them all the time in fights, and that has and can be his downfall a number of times in comics. Moon Knight, although does not have as many gadgets, tends to use them more often than Grayson does, usually with extremely vicious methods. For example, he has no qualms about mutilating Bushman's face, or cutting his throat with an accurately thrown crescent dart. Again, this can turn the tide of the fight quickly in Spector's favor. Regarding their personal suits, they're about the same as far as I'm concerned. Both have extensive kevlar and are resistant to various types of damages. I don't think anyone edges this. Tie.

It's a tough fight that may or may not last a lengthy time, but Nightwing should be the victor of this fight 6, and arguably even 7 out of 10 times. He has the skill, intellect, and resources needed to overcome Moon Knight's pain tolerance and brutality.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll cover skill first. While Moon Knight has the advantages of his immense pain tolerance, excessive brutal force, and strength. However, Nightwing has faced opponents who have been looking for the kill plenty of times in his career. Not only is Grayson agile enough to dodge Spector's hits, but he also has the superior hand-to-hand combat prowess here thanks to his rigorous training under the one and only Batman. He's beaten more notable opponents who have also used brutal force, such as Red Hood, and came on top as the victor. In close quarters, I see Moon Knight holding his own with his pain tolerance and own formidable skill, but ultimately, that isn't enough against an opponent who is simply better than you in the field, nor is it practical against pressure point attacks. Add onto the fact that Grayson will be tagging Spector a lot more often due to his agility, and Moon Knight is definitely going down, albeit with time, in a martial arts showdown. There's a reason Daredevil trumps Punisher when they get in close. Nightwing edges it in terms of raw skill.

Mentality wise, it's a lot more tricky. While Nightwing is definitely the more observant, intelligent, and cunning one the two, his apprenticeship under the Dark Knight, ironically, also hinders his abilities. Dick won't use lethal force in the slightest, and seeing as Spector can soak up tons of damage, that is a potential game-changer. However, that isn't to say that Nightwing won't be smart enough to think up of non-lethal ways to take Moon Knight out of the fight. On the other hand, Moon Knight uses extreme brutal force, and equipped with his impressive physique (even without his old moon amp he lost), can certainly drop Nightwing. Marc isn't exactly dumb either, and even someone with a gifted mind like Grayson's can fall to Moon Knight's fear factor, like Taskmaster did. Initially, I'm giving the edge to Moon Knight, but if Spector doesn't take out Grayson out quick in the battle, Grayson would have thought of multiple solutions to the fight without killing anyone.

Moving on to gadgets and equipment, Nightwing arsenal is the obvious victor in this in my opinion. From his extremely durable escrima sticks that emit high voltages to various types of pellets and batarangs, Nightwing's gadgets rival that of Batman himself. In Winick's Outsiders run, Nightwing showed that he had access to Kryptonite, and while that isn't applicable in this fight, it shows just how resourceful he can be. That being said, Grayson doesn't exactly utilize them all the time in fights, and that has and can be his downfall a number of times in comics. Moon Knight, although does not have as many gadgets, tends to use them more often than Grayson does, usually with extremely vicious methods. For example, he has no qualms about mutilating Bushman's face, or cutting his throat with an accurately thrown crescent dart. Again, this can turn the tide of the fight quickly in Spector's favor. Regarding their personal suits, they're about the same as far as I'm concerned. Both have extensive kevlar and are resistant to various types of damages. I don't think anyone edges this. Tie.

It's a tough fight that may or may not last a lengthy time, but Nightwing should be the victor of this fight 6, and arguably even 7 out of 10 times. He has the skill, intellect, and resources needed to overcome Moon Knight's pain tolerance and brutality.

Looks like Viner argument of the week to me. Damn, been trying to get it for a while :D

Avatar image for jorgebeatsemile
jorgebeatsemile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

In my opinion, people undersell MK and oversell NW

NW: He has been trained by Batman, yes, but that does not mean he is as good as him. Yes, he has fought tough villains before, but usually with help.

MK: Has the favor of an Egyptian god. Has Increased Speed, Strength, Durability, and Agility depending of the phase of the moon. Fought and beaten WWBN and several other notably tough villains, by himself.

Verdict: Depending on the phase of the moon, Moon knight takes this 6/10 maybe 7/10.

kilon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

guys are rooting for mk. isn't MK crazy and a psychopath.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgebeatsemile: You know, Moony hasn't had those enhanced abilities for decades now. And he's learned to deal without having them, also feeling that having those powers hindered him as it made things easier.

amseaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: How about Black Adam versus a Viltrumite like Omni-Man or Grand Regent Thragg?

69ballzdeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilon: its not popularity contest. Its a who would kick the others azz contest.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@69ballzdeep: Unfortunately when you throw on a Poll on a forums, it doesn't really matter. Anyone can vote. That includes people who don't know about the opposition or just don't care, and those who don't bother to read the arguments nor evidence. In effect, it just becomes a popularity vote regardless of intentions.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

Okay, after I given some thoughts, I decide to go with Moon Knight.

He has Enhanced strength and durability, excellent acrobatic skills (not on Dick's level, but still...). He once took on 100 tonner like Wonder man and the Hulk!!! and fight a standstill with Daredevil, who commonly agree to be on Batman's level.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

then again, Nightwing has his video game appearance, popularity....while Moon Knight's only a C-lister...so...

I would say Moon Knight is very underrated..

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#39  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

ohhh the score is very close.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Whether Nightwing wins or not, I'm just going to reference some posts from CaV: Winter Soldier (Veshark) vs. Nightwing (ComicStooge) - Battles - Comic Vine

This will mostly consist of feats presented originally by ComicStooge, all props to him for posting these (I'm not stealing or using his argument, just spreading some info about Nightwing around)

Firstly, in terms of physical strength, here's Dick's striking ability:

Nightwing's strikes have busted up Blockbuster:

Yet Blockbuster could tangle with Johny Henry Irons in one of his earlier Steel suits:

He's kicked Brutale through a car door:

No Caption Provided

And he's struck a dude so hard he went flying out a window (just look at the distance he went):

No Caption Provided

And, as Batman, he kicked through a man's Titanium alloy legs:

In terms of lifting strength, Grayson is probably the second strongest in the Batfamily, besides Bruce himself:

He's used a piano as a battering ram:

No Caption Provided

Tossed KGBeast like a ragdoll:

No Caption Provided

And he's dragged a man by one hand while riding a motorcycle:

He's even wrestled with a flipping Whale, while underwater! O_o

No Caption Provided

And he's physically restrained a Man-Bat:

No Caption Provided

And used a fridge as a weapon:

So, onto other showings of speed

He's casually avoided strikes from Catwoman:

Dodged bullets from entire SWAT teams:

Danced around gunfire from the cyborg assassin Killshot:

No Caption Provided

Avoided a bullet at point blank range, more then once:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And he's avoided a superspeed kick from Jessie Quick:

No Caption Provided

And he's moved faster then Nemesis can even see:

No Caption Provided

And he's even moved fast enough to use Firefly as a human shield in order to block the bullets fired at him:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

In terms of skill, Nightwing is also very impressive.

He's a master of 6 styles, after all:

No Caption Provided

Now onto some showings...

He stalemated a perfect, though insane clone at Batman. This clone was bloodlusted, while Dick was holding back.

While yes, the clone didn't exactly have Bruce's tactical mindset, the sheer number of martial arts at it's disposal make it still a deadly opponent:

He used a combination of skill and speed to take out the superhumanly fast Owen Mercer:

And he's used a combination of speed, skill and striking power to bring down Hardsell, a meta human with invulnerability and super strength:

He's demonstrated knowledge of nerve strikes as well:

And he gained a decisive victory against Jason Todd, despite Todd having prep and Nightwing getting electrocuted and drugged:

I'll save some more displays for later, but those will do for now.

Now onto tactical ability.

As Robin, he outmaneuvered and tricked Mr Freeze:

He used strategy to defeat Raptor, villian wearing LexCorp power armor:

He's led most incarnations of the Titans through countless battles, this being just one of them:

^ Read from the bottom right, sorry.

Even a team of the JLA:

^ Read from the right, sorry.

His tactical skill is so great he's capable of leading every hero on DC Earth

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

When many heroes were left powerless, it was Dick Grayson who led them using his tactical skill:

No Caption Provided

In a world where Dick Grayson died as Robin, there was no one to replace Bruce after his death in FC, Trigon took over all of DC Earth:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Just goes to show Grayson's leadership and tactical skill.

On the subject of awareness of environment and attune senses:

Nightwing's senses are so attuned he can navigate speeding trains while blindfolded:

Nightwing' pretty good at rebounding projectiles himself, as a matter of fact:

He's saved Supergirl from getting shot by Arsenal with a Kryptonite bullet:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And he's demonstrated great accuracy without even looking at his targets:

No Caption Provided

And he's used a Wingding to knock a guy out from a far away distance without even looking or exerting any real effort on his part, while lecturing Tarantula:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Dick has other striking feats such as:

Busting through a layer of ice in two strikes:

No Caption Provided

Or here, he kicks metahuman Barry Peirce into a wall. Nevermind the fact that guy is a metahuman, just look at the size of him!

No Caption Provided

He kicks the guy into the wall, KOing him.

That not enough for you? He later punches that same dude directly through a brick wall.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Crossbones is a big dude, but not that big. ;)

Furthermore later, as Batman (when he got more comfortable in the cowl), Dick had no trouble dodging Black Beetle's laser:

No Caption Provided

And avoid laser beams from the Watchtower's defenses, while simultaneously ripping the turrets out of place, modifying the trajectories of their blasts and forcing them to hit each-other, one handed :

No Caption Provided

How's that for situation awareness, strength and speed? ;)

Allow me to go back to the Bat-Clone feat:

Physically, these Bat-clones were perfect copies of the man himself, though obviously, not mentally.

No Caption Provided

This perfect clone of Batman was then resurrected by the Lazarus Pit, which is known to physically amp the user for a short time after they leave the pit.

Despite that, Dick was still shown to be faster:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He only really had trouble putting the clone down when it got a second dip into the pit, further increasing it's physicals.

Despite the clone not having Bruce's skill, his physicals were equal, if not superior. Yet Grayson was shown to outreact him.

And you want scans of Nightwing dodging gunfire from a competent shooter?

How about Deathstroke?! :D

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That's a lot for now, once again...props to ComicStooge and Veshark for their awesome debate.

edit: scans didn't come out correctly, just made amends...also another note these aren't my words in the scans either...all CS

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Moon Knight all the way.

nigravirum1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon Knight is basically the Batman of the Marvel universe. His physical strength capabilities are better than Dick's, but Dick has got an edge on brains. I'm not 100% sure what the 2006 arc equipment for Marc is, but if its anything like the normal equipment I've seen/read him use, I would say that Moon Knight has the edge on equipment as well. While Marc is stronger, Dick is probably slightly more agile/evasive compared to Moon Knight. Moon Knight is probably the better fighter, Martial Arts wise, though.

So we have the strength/equipment/martial arts (MK) vs. agility/brains.(NW)

To me, Marc has more advantage over Dick.

Also another advantage that Marc has over Dick is that this fight is RANDOM. Moon Knight has a better tract record in random encounters than Dick does. I love both characters dearly (I probably have read more Nightwing, though) but I say Moon Knight wins it here!

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is Nightwing's most controversial fight he has won? Moon Night controversially beat Taskmaster.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

NW

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Shot

scores are tied.

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeam said:

Moon knight. Becuase he's physically stronger and is more durable.I feel Nightwing is more skilled but that still doesn't give him the win,also Moon knight will go for lethal hits Nightwing won't.

This is why he got my vote.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By ComicStooge

@slimj87d said:

What is Nightwing's most controversial fight he has won? Moon Night controversially beat Taskmaster.

If I remember correctly, Taskmaster made no effort to fight back.

Dick wrecked Jason Todd, despite being electrocuted and poisoned by fear gas, has gone up against Deathstroke and done well at least 3 or 4 times, owned Nemesis, defeated Shrike twice, stomped Vigilante, beaten Matatoa (an immortal, undefeated warrior that takes the souls of his victims) and he's managed to land a hit or two on Cassandra Cain when they once.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jashro44

@slimj87d said:

He didn't win but he has some good showings against death stroke all though I don't consider them consistent:

He also did well against cassandra cain but they had another fight in the bat cave where she was avoiding him pretty easily. There are a few things but these are probably the most controversial good showings night wing has.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

If I remember correctly, Taskmaster made no effort to fight back.

Dick wrecked Jason Todd, despite being electrocuted and poisoned by fear gas, has gone up against Deathstroke and done well at least 3 or 4 times, owned Nemesis, defeated Shrike twice, stomped Vigilante, beaten Matatoa (an immortal, undefeated warrior that takes the souls of his victims) and he's managed to land a hit or two on Cassandra Cain when they once.

I remember him doing well against Slade when he was holding back less and fighting dirty. I think he only did that well though because Slade wasn't expecting for Dick to fight that dirty, so it was a surprise. I'll look up those other fights.