We've put Bruce Wayne through a pretty tough gauntlet in this monthly segment, so we're giving him some time off because we're kind like that. Dick Grayson, however, won't be as lucky. The first Robin and man who once became Batman will be in a very tough and likely brutal fight this week.
Seeing as Moon Knight's making a return with an all-new solo series and is in general an awesome street level character, we thought it would be fitting to place him against the agile and talented Dick Grayson. Who will be left standing after these two clash in the city? Will Grayson make Wayne proud and earn a win against the Marvel hero? Or, will Spector outlast his opponent and take the victory? Well, you have all week to think about it. Please be sure to read all of the rules (see below) before casting your vote.
- Combatants are in character.
- This is a random encounter.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc.
- All characters have standard gear.
- For simplicity's sake, Nightwing's pre-52 feats can apply if they haven't been obviously removed from current continuity.
- Moon Knight's costume and weaponry has fluctuated a lot over the years, so we think it's best/most balanced to give him his attire and gear from his 2006 run.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- My extended thoughts on the match.
- A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
- Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
If you have a moment, please vote in this poll and speak your mind. I'm always looking to keep this segment fun and I have plenty of ideas for it that I'd like to propose over time. Your input is greatly appreciated. Seriously, I mean that.
Also, feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.